PDA

View Full Version : Absolute Justice: Smallville 2/5/09

~Synder Corps.~
02-05-2010, 10:15 PM
HOLY COW!!!

You CAN do a TV series/movie using damn near straight from the pages Comic Outfits and have it be badass...

My only complaint was Hawkman... CG the wings, and ditch the wannabe Bale-Batman voice, and he would have kicked ass.

oh yeah...And Star Spangled Kid (?) looked too much like Captain-ette America.

But DAMN...FATE!!!!!

All in all, a great episode, and one that has brought me back to watching Smallville after a several year case of the "mehs"

swafus
02-05-2010, 10:40 PM
I'm not a big fan of smallville or DC comic characters in general but I thought it was pretty badass! Based on the few recent episodes I've seen, they should consider changing the name of the show to J.L.A. or something seeing as how it doesnt have much to do with Smallville or Superman anymore.

CLIFFjump3r
02-05-2010, 10:41 PM
HOLY COW!!!

You CAN do a TV series/movie using damn near straight from the pages Comic Outfits and have it be badass...

My only complaint was Hawkman... CG the wings, and ditch the wannabe Bale-Batman voice, and he would have kicked ass.

oh yeah...And Star Spangled Kid (?) looked too much like Captain-ette America.

I totally agree with you about Hawkman, but Stargirl's costume was pretty comic accurate. There was so many points during the movie where I'd get a bit teary eyed, it reminded me of the time when I saw the opening credits to the X-Men cartoon when it first premiered back in the early 90's. It's just so wonderful to see something you've loved for years in comics finally make the leap to TV, and still look like how you remembered it. Thank you, Geoff Johns.

CLIFFjump3r
02-05-2010, 10:47 PM
JSA & JLA fighting Checkmate controlled Kryptonians, I really like where this heading.

I really can't wait to see Jay Garrick and Alan Scott. (The Golden Age Flash and Green Lantern.)

chopsooie
02-05-2010, 10:50 PM
I really liked the movie. I hope the quote "Apocalypse is coming." leads in to a Darkseid episode or two.
Chopz

G.I.Eddie
02-05-2010, 10:56 PM
it's on my DVR..about to watch it now..I'M VERY EXCITE!

NSP
02-05-2010, 11:05 PM
This might be the coolest thing Ive ever seen! :)

~Synder Corps.~
02-05-2010, 11:14 PM
I'm not a big fan of smallville or DC comic characters in general but I thought it was pretty badass! Based on the few recent episodes I've seen, they should consider changing the name of the show to J.L.A. or something seeing as how it doesnt have much to do with Smallville or Superman anymore.

I totally agree. I'm betting/hoping that their just keeping the "Smallville" tag since it's got a good viewer turnout (what is this, season 9 or 10?) and once this contract is up, they change the name. Tom Welling has done a fantastic job playing Clark, but let him go away for a while and leave some of these other characters to do their own thing. The banter between Hawkman and Arrow was hilarious

Plus it'd be cool to see Hawkman and J'ohn (?) take on a mentoring role/leadership for younger upstart superheros

JohnnyAngel77
02-05-2010, 11:18 PM
I really liked the movie. I hope the quote "Apocalypse is coming." leads in to a Darkseid episode or two.
Chopz

****SPOILER ALERT*****

I'm hoping the exact same thing. This episode was the best Smallville episode for me. I'm a huge JSA fan and I loved every minute of it. I'm really stoked that it shows the cape in Fate's vision. And the best part of it all was Martian Manhunter is BACK!

~Synder Corps.~
02-05-2010, 11:21 PM
Yeah... I'll admit it, I got tingles seeing the cape too

swafus
02-05-2010, 11:27 PM
*********SPOILER***************

I didnt get the part where Amanda Waller shoots Icicle Jr. and says welcome to the Suicide Squad? I mean, I know what the Suicide Squad is but was it meant as a half joke because she was about to shoot him in the face or does it actually have something to do with the actual Suicide Squad?

Scoop
02-05-2010, 11:42 PM
Well first off I have to admit that I've only seen about 1 or 2 episodes of this series in its entire 9 season history.

I don't usually get into a TV series until it is canceled and in syndication. I guess it's because I work in the TV industry and I get tired of having to watch TV for a living. The only things that I usually must watch on TV these days are sports. I will watch all of those other shows when they are in repeats when I'm old and in a rocking chair.

Gettting back to the point of this thread, when I go into work tonight a co-worker of mine was watching "Smallville." I think it was half way through before I got here. Well I begain to watch the rest of it and I must say that I was very surprised with the costume selections. Some of them, like Dr. Fate and Hawkman pretty much looked like their comic book counterparts. I will even go as far as saying that Dr. Fate looked like his gold variant DC Universe Classics figure.

One last thing that I would like to say about "Smallville" is the fact that the actor that plays Clark (Tom Welling) should have been the Superman in "Superman Returns" instead of Brandon Routh. I think that Tom Welling would make for a great Superman in a new Superman movie series. He would be great if they ever decided to re-make the Christopher Reeve movies, or even if they decided to re-boot the series entirely.