PDA

View Full Version : The Jersey Shore!!!

SVT_COBRA
01-22-2010, 12:26 AM
I LOVE IT

Now all I heard was bad things about it, then I watched it at a friends house, and Im hooked. And now EVERYBODY I know is hooked. Oh god its a train wreck....fights and rowdy boobs every episode.

/fistpump

the odinson
01-22-2010, 12:27 AM
best reality show on tv.

Wry1
01-22-2010, 12:28 AM
http://i615.photobucket.com/albums/tt234/Wry1_album/Facepalm-1.jpg

Unclassified
01-22-2010, 12:29 AM
if i catch someone doing a fist pump in person out in sea side, they're getting egged.

Foolproof
01-22-2010, 12:30 AM
I'm sorry you feel that way.

Also, rowdy boobs?

SNAKE EYES
01-22-2010, 12:34 AM
Just watched it the other day, there was nothing on and as I was flipping through the channels I saw girls in panties and bras in the hot tub, so that's where I stopped and now I'm hooked.

The show is not nearly as bad as everybody says. I have caught almost all the episodes I missed on Comcasts "On Demand" and I set the DVR to catch the last episode and reunion show that was on tonight.

Pauly D and Mike make me laugh my ass off. Those two remind me of how me and my buddy would try to score chicks back in the day at the clubs.

Moses
01-22-2010, 12:43 AM
It's tough for me to watch - I used to go to Seaside for a few weeks every year growing up. Sad part is I do remember so many meatheads from NY being down there back in the 80's, I guess things don't change. They just become a hit reality show.

CharIJoe
01-22-2010, 01:12 AM
I think Im just amused that I used the Jersey Shore name generator and I was given the name "The Rack"

Moses
01-22-2010, 01:17 AM
Hmmm.. I just used the name generator. My nickname is 'The Condition'. I hit it again and it said 'The Sausage Party'. I think I prefer the first one

Syn3sthesia
01-22-2010, 01:18 AM
Fist pumps!!!

Wry1
01-22-2010, 01:19 AM
I think Im just amused that I used the Jersey Shore name generator and I was given the name "The Rack"

Never underestimate the power of cleavage. I read that somewhere....

Syn3sthesia
01-22-2010, 01:19 AM
This had me pissing my pants!

YouTube - Jersey Shore Parody Song: Key Of Awesome #11 (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=EyBwZeoxISk&feature=fvw)

SVT_COBRA
01-22-2010, 01:28 AM
This is the best parody, because its the real cast. HILARIOUS

YouTube - The REAL Situation Feat MTV Jersey Shore's The Situation, Snooki, and Pauly D (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9IrXROJjmJs&feature=PlayList&p=9BC81A101B08106B&playnext=1&playnext_from=PL&index=5)

Blackdragon
01-22-2010, 01:29 AM
lol thats great. I've been to seaside many times and its always meatheads down there.

CharIJoe
01-22-2010, 02:18 AM
And then Snooki is going to go Snookin for love.

Harry Flashman
01-22-2010, 02:21 AM
I loved it. I'm from Boston and lived in Jersey City for a few years-- this was a true /reality/ show. There are people like that.

Recondo
01-22-2010, 02:28 AM
its a great show if these mooks don't live in your neighborhood for the summer at a place 15 minutes from your house.....yeah then it might be a good show....i wish mtv would stay the f--- away from this area

CharIJoe
01-22-2010, 02:37 AM
its a great show if these mooks don't live in your neighborhood for the summer at a place 15 minutes from your house.....yeah then it might be a good show....i wish mtv would stay the f--- away from this area

My condolonces Recondo, I couldnt live near them. Eesh.

Recondo
01-22-2010, 02:41 AM
My condolonces Recondo, I couldnt live near them. Eesh.

Thanks...Unclassified lives nearby too....just imagine a town swelling with thousands of people exactly like the ones on the
Jersey Shore for three months...I hate the summers here

Crimson Gord
01-22-2010, 02:50 AM
i saw the episode where the chick got punched in the face and cried for what seemed like 4 days and that was enough for me !
she didn't even have a mark on her anywhere....i've been hit harder by the sudden urge to crap after my morning smoke. oddly enough that morning crap resembles some of those chicks first thing in the morning without their full frontal coverage makeup !

sorry if this sounds like a really negative rant, i really had fun doing it,lol !

CharIJoe
01-22-2010, 02:58 AM
Thanks...Unclassified lives nearby too....just imagine a town swelling with thousands of people exactly like the ones on the
Jersey Shore for three months...I hate the summers here

Daytona Beach Florida, spring breakers still flock here longing for the MTV days only to find out it sucks here. and there are better beaches elsewhere. lol

But my condolonces again for the Jersey Shore.

A.C.T.
01-22-2010, 03:16 AM
This can't be for real. I seen the show cuz my daughter likes it. The dips on that show ain't fly in the face plus I'm not watchin a show where every few minutes the men are as shirtless as the woman.

riot_control
01-22-2010, 03:25 AM
I think the best was with Michael Cera getting all "guidofied" by the cast!

The Conflict
01-22-2010, 03:46 AM
I have only seen 1 episode,it was the one when the roommate whoop the other guys ass,the guy that kept trying to start shit with everyone. I was so happy when he finally stop being scared and told the guy to step to him,taught that ass a lesson.

topnotch97
01-22-2010, 04:02 AM
GTL baby!! GTL!!! :D

*Gym Tanning Laundry

topnotch97
01-22-2010, 04:04 AM
Jwoow is just WOW!!! :D

Crimson Gord
01-22-2010, 04:43 AM
personally, i would rather watch that fat kid on youtube display his sword skills all day long, lol !
i mean c'mon, that mullet is pretty sexy right !?!? lmao

GrimReaper723
01-22-2010, 06:47 AM
To Recondo and Unclassified....I grew up in Jersey (north) and remember the whole cast (just with different names and less boob jobs) in High School......I couldn't believe that the show even greenlit....they should have called it 7 or 8 morons annoying the local populace.
I loved the shore growing up...too bad a few ruin it for everyone.

Unclassified
01-22-2010, 10:10 AM
It's tough for me to watch - I used to go to Seaside for a few weeks every year growing up. Sad part is I do remember so many meatheads from NY being down there back in the 80's, I guess things don't change. They just become a hit reality show.

my area was built on ny'ers and north jersey ppl. ever since the early 1900's, my town has a hotel, well, it's a nursing home now, but back in the day, this dude farrow bought land and had a dream of turning my town into the city of the pines, for all nyers to come vacate this area. it's said that al copone used to sell alc there and chill in the tunnels underneath and gamble and what not. don't know if it's true, but there indeed is tunnels..

interesting historic stuff, but what i'm saying is, the out of towners been coming here since day one, and most of the blood that grew up in this area are from other cities, llike from the north, although my blood comes from trenton. but everyone that ain't from here, always came here during the summer. my ex in philly, her grand pa used to come here when he was a kid. Out of towners actually built the jersey shore. before them Italians and Irish came here, it was only Pine Barrens Residents, and very few of em. we still have Pine Barrens Residents living here ofcourse on certain parts of town, but most of my town is upgraded.

here's something on the hotel royal pines, there is a link to what it looked like in the 30's. http://digital.hagley.org/cdm4/item_viewer.php?CISOROOT=/p268001uw&CISOPTR=3810&CISOBOX=1&REC=1

"The Royal Pines Hotel, a $ 1.175 million investment facing Crystal Lake, was built on the site of an earlier hotel dating back to the days of Barnegat Park. It was the focal point of the new community. The hotel was also used as an asylum, then later a nursing home which changed ownerships. It's now the Crytal Lake Nursing & Rehabilitation center.

Mystery surrounds the former hotel. It was constructed by Russian architect W. Oltar-Jevsky in the early 1920s. Al Capone may have frequented its halls, perhaps even venturing beneath the lake in tunnels especially designed for smuggling alcohol during the Prohibition. One newspaper article interviewed an unidentified man who claimed that "in the early 1930s the then Royal Pines Hotel was frequented by society's elite who, for $1.90 a drink, consumed prohibition liquor under the watchful eye of men who had guns strapped under their coats."

"Contributed by Linda Feaster, Berkeley Young Adult Librarian

Driving north on the Garden State Parkway, look toward the east just after Exit 74, and you can see the top of a concrete building peeking over the tops of the trees. Back in the 1930's, this was a popular getaway known as the Royal Pines, an eight-story, lavishly decorated hotel featuring a supper club, a roof garden, and solarium. Surrounded by acres of forest, the Royal Pines Hotel was intended to be the focal point of an up-and-coming resort community that would include a championship golf course, a game preserve, and beautiful homes. It has been reputed that Al Capone, the famous Prohibition era gangster stayed at The Royal Pines, but these are just rumors. He never did. "

Unclassified
01-22-2010, 10:15 AM

lol these guys couldn't even fathom rt 37 in the summer cus of the bennys lol..

Unclassified
01-22-2010, 10:17 AM
This can't be for real. I seen the show cuz my daughter likes it. The dips on that show ain't fly in the face plus I'm not watchin a show where every few minutes the men are as shirtless as the woman.

the dips ain't even fly man, they are nasty looking. don't get me wrong now, sea side packs some hot skins in the summer, but these chicks ain't them..

Gunzlingr
01-22-2010, 11:51 AM
Yuck.

Fast_Draw
01-22-2010, 11:57 AM
I saw one episode from flipping though the channels...like a car wreck that you can't turn away from. I honestly thought they were calling her "Snickers" from the way they were saying it. It made sense to me. I thought maybe she ate a lot of Snickers or something.

CharIJoe
01-22-2010, 01:00 PM
GTL baby!! GTL!!! :D

*Gym Tanning Laundry

My friend always has that on his Facebook update. I didnt know it was from that.

Oh hes going to get screwed with now. Thank you for that.

Sysiss
01-22-2010, 01:05 PM
The sad part about the show is that whats portrayed is actually real for the most part. I live about 30 min. North of where everything took place, further up the Shore in Belmar so I get to see this wonderful behavior on a daily basis...I feel so privileged!!

Terrible, terrible image for my corrupt and congested state =)

Unclassified
01-22-2010, 01:49 PM
f sleeze side anyway, i just use it in reference to where i'm located. but during the summer, it's filled with bennys, and during the winter it's filled with crack heads, and dope heads. the whole boardwalk , all the stores are owned by slum lords that just wanna pay anyone to fix their place for real cheap. the whole strip got roaches. . the only thing that makes sea side look nice , is all the lights from the boardwalk, and all the clubs, where the bennys, i take it "fist pump".. (how queer is that term) at night from an aerial view.

Crimson Gord
01-22-2010, 02:05 PM
bullets are cheap?!? just a suggestion!

Snake Eyes 33
01-22-2010, 02:06 PM
Growing up I spent my summers at the Jersey Shore, Wildwood, Ocean City, Avalon, LBI. But I got so sick of the scumbags I stopped going. Now when I go I go to Ocean City MD, which is much better and not nearly as many guido types.. And yeah, that show is a trainwreck.. It's just so wretched you can't help but watch.. lol

UMAN
01-22-2010, 02:07 PM
No thanks, I have enough drinking games.

SVT_COBRA
01-22-2010, 05:52 PM
I can feel the hate.......flowing through you....

RATFINK
01-22-2010, 05:57 PM
this thread makes me die a little inside

Crimson Gord
01-22-2010, 06:00 PM
i feel your pain and raise you some agony !

monkey19
01-22-2010, 06:34 PM
Pauly D has an extensive gi joe collection

Archrivals
01-23-2010, 12:44 AM

So true, I remember senor week in Wildwood was like that also…

CharIJoe
01-23-2010, 05:06 PM
There was a ridiculous amount of fist pumping last night at the bar. I blame this show.

GI C
01-23-2010, 05:10 PM
Ah,the only show on TV where its ok to punch you girl's light out.I'm joking.

ironknife
01-23-2010, 05:27 PM
put a bullet in my head!!!!!!

SNAKE EYES
01-23-2010, 05:40 PM
Ah,the only show on TV where its ok to punch you girl's light out.I'm joking.

Even though your joking it's not something to even kid around about. Plus that dude immediately got arrested and he looks the biggest ass-wipe to ever walk the face of the earth... he was seen on national TV punching a girl how the hell can you ever live that down.

The guy is probably going to lose his job for that too, so I don't think that anyone in their right mind would think it's OK... including the MTV executives.

Crimson Gord
01-23-2010, 05:52 PM
i prayed to god that this show would go away but nothing happened? maybe tonight i will try praying to ala?!?

SVT_COBRA
01-25-2010, 03:02 AM
Aw the seasons over.....I dont know what to do with myself. At least when my broken hand heals I can start hitting my bench again =P

Angry.Android
01-26-2010, 05:10 PM
before them wops and mics came here

Seriously man??? WTF?!?

gunslingercbr
01-26-2010, 05:22 PM
Jersey Shore was the reason television was invented. How I will miss thee.

Blaster'spunchingbagg
01-26-2010, 05:26 PM
I'm of Irish decent and I'm less offended by that, then I am by this show, being from New Jersey and all. Yes, I can be considered a bennie, but I have a college education and don't act an ass like the cast of the Jersey shore. The only one I don't understand is Pauly D, he's from Providence and talks and acts like he's from JC, Bayonne, or SI???? The folks I know from RI do not talk like that at all. I'm from Bergen county and we don't even talk like that, except the transplant New Yorkers who like to buy property in Ramsey, Paramus, Upper Saddle River, because they think they can afford it. I live in L.A. now, which is douchebag central, but most of them are from other parts of the country. Tons of jerks are from NY/NJ, that think they deserve a movie deal once they're here. I wish when people moved they were respectful to the local culture or just stayed the hell where they originated. The only thing I expected when I got here was nice weather, and I got it.

Angry.Android
01-26-2010, 05:44 PM
The show is offensive, definitely agree with you. But so was that verbiage.

gunslingercbr
01-26-2010, 05:50 PM
The show is offensive, definitely agree with you. But so was that verbiage.

what's offensive about it? they represent an actual culture of people, how is that offensive?

that's very intolerant of you.

ChaplainAsst
01-26-2010, 06:21 PM
what's offensive about it? they represent an actual culture of people, how is that offensive?

This really doesn't make any sense. Are you saying that nothing should be offensive because a person is intolerant? I believe the very definition of offensive means to refuse to tolerate something. And let's be fair, the Jersey Shore had some pretty offensive stuff - a guy PUNCHING a woman I think probably should be considered offensive!

SNAKE EYES
01-26-2010, 06:31 PM
And let's be fair, the Jersey Shore had some pretty offensive stuff - a guy PUNCHING a woman I think probably should be considered offensive!

MTV didn't air the punch on TV it was mainly seen on those ridiculous tabloid TV shows, which was footage of the incident that was leaked to the internet. Those shows aired it for ratings. MTV blacked out the scene with the punch when the show aired and all the repeats have the footage blacked out as well.

The person who punched the female Jersey Shore cast member was not part of the show, he was a teacher from Queens. Who was immediately arrested after he punched her and taken to jail.

MTV aired promos at the beginning and end of the episode. The promos for Violence against Women gave contact information for anyone that has seen violence against women or has experienced it first hand an organization to contact for help.

Teacher punches Jersey Shore cast member (http://www.huffingtonpost.com/2009/12/11/jersey-shore-punch-thrown_n_388648.html)

Angry.Android
01-26-2010, 06:36 PM

I posted earlier that a post made by another tanker used the verbiage wop and mic, which i found offensive. The people on the show i have no problem with, their behavior is offensive, thus i find the show offensive. I would find the same behavior offensive in florida or california. that is all.

SNAKE EYES
01-26-2010, 06:37 PM
I posted earlier that a post made by another tanker used the verbiage wop and mic, which i found offensive. that is all.

Thats what I thought you meant.

Angry.Android
01-26-2010, 06:44 PM
Thats what I thought you meant.

yeah, that was the main point of my post. The show is just a show, i do find it offensive but luckily i have a remote with fresh batteries. But i just thought it was pretty brazen and offensive to use that verbiage on here. I consider wop, guinea, mick, beaner, etc to be just as bad as the n-bomb, but apparently more tolerated.

:: shrug::

gunslingercbr
01-26-2010, 07:17 PM
I posted earlier that a post made by another tanker used the verbiage wop and mic, which i found offensive. The people on the show i have no problem with, their behavior is offensive, thus i find the show offensive. I would find the same behavior offensive in florida or california. that is all.

I see.

though when something is stated as being offensive, it doesn't mean personally offensive to individuals own sensibilities, it means it is being offensive towards an entire segment or demographic, in this case, Italians. someone being personally offended, which is about your own feelings about the show, is not the same as a claim that the show is offensive, which is a claim about the show itself and how it portrays the subject matter. one is a personal interpretation, the other is a cause. sorry to nit pick, but that is how those terms are used, why they are different and why there was confusion.

but nobody in their right mind can really claim that this show is indicative of Italians as whole, thus it isn't offensive to the Italian culture. the show represents a very specific, dimwitted population, nothing offensive towards society about that, but you are free to be offended yourself by it.

Angry.Android
01-26-2010, 07:36 PM
Hmm, i see your point but i don't think you and I on the same page, slinger.

A Tanker, in his earlier post, used the verbiage wop and mick. These terms are generally accepted as ethnic slurs, in the same vein as spic, beaner, and other offensive racial speech. I took offense to the use of the word wop, and the word mick. As i understand it, using racial or ethnic slurs is generally frowned upon on the board, are they not? That was the root of my beef here. The show, while offensive to me, is not really a big deal. A tanker slinging around racial/ethnic slurs is, imo.

SVT_COBRA
01-26-2010, 08:53 PM
I find this thread to be more offensive than the show. Wow. So much hate.

Unclassified
01-26-2010, 10:18 PM
Hmm, i see your point but i don't think you and I on the same page, slinger.

A Tanker, in his earlier post, used the verbiage wop and mick. These terms are generally accepted as ethnic slurs, in the same vein as spic, beaner, and other offensive racial speech. I took offense to the use of the word wop, and the word mick. As i understand it, using racial or ethnic slurs is generally frowned upon on the board, are they not? That was the root of my beef here. The show, while offensive to me, is not really a big deal. A tanker slinging around racial/ethnic slurs is, imo.

are you even irish or italian to even be offended, or you just wanna take one sentence and start bull shit? i'm of irish blood, and i don't find it offensive. i sure hope you're a vincenzo or a aiden to be so offended and get me a warning lol.. it would be kind'a corny to be say non irish or non italian and get offended.. you have to admit. that's like me getting mad at americans for calling the germans kroutz in the ww's and i was a native american lol, that makes a whole bunch'a sense don't it?

and if you are italian or irish, i'd hope you married a irish girl or italian girl, you know living in va and all, cus i know the italian and irish americans roll thick in the sticks.
but if you didn't , you would be offending the irish or italians by marrying outside the ethnic.. if you were so proud of your blood , you would marry inside your ethnic so it carries on. if you didn't then it would be evident that you careless about the ethnic if you didn't carry it on, and there fore would have no reason to be offended, when you offended your own ethnic by mixing in foreign blood..

so are you italian or irish, and did you marry an italian or irish? or you just cry about stupid stuff no one cares about?

just curious..

flash70
01-26-2010, 10:39 PM
Those big cheeks are good for something...what can it be... a BJ???http://poponthepop.com/images/gallery/snooki-photo.jpg

Wry1
01-26-2010, 10:46 PM
are you even irish or italian to even be offended, or you just wanna take one sentence and start bull shit? i'm of irish blood, and i don't find it offensive. i sure hope you're a vincenzo or a aiden to be so offended and get me a warning lol.. it would be kind'a corny to be say non irish or non italian and get offended.. you have to admit. that's like me getting mad at americans for calling the germans kroutz in the ww's and i was a native american lol, that makes a whole bunch'a sense don't it?

and if you are italian or irish, i'd hope you married a irish girl or italian girl, you know living in va and all, cus i know the italian and irish americans roll thick in the sticks.
but if you didn't , you would be offending the irish or italians by marrying outside the ethnic.. if you were so proud of your blood , you would marry inside your ethnic so it carries on. if you didn't then it would be evident that you careless about the ethnic if you didn't carry it on, and there fore would have no reason to be offended, when you offended your own ethnic by mixing in foreign blood..

so are you italian or irish, and did you marry an italian or irish? or you just cry about stupid stuff no one cares about?

just curious..

Coincidentally I'm half Irish and half Italian, I'm a wop and a mick. My grandparents on my fathers side did indeed come to this country without papers,hence the term, wop.

My mothers maiden name is McLaughlin, like ten bajillion other micks lasts names start with Mc, weird I know.

Some of my friends call me the McWopper, it's funny. Seriously these aren't derogatory terms to us, unless preceded by "stupid f#ckin'" or something.

Back on topic, the wops on Jersey shore remind me of a few cousins. I love 'em to death but they are indeed stupid wops.

Angry.Android
01-27-2010, 02:24 AM

just curious..

Ok, i'm gonna try and keep a cool head and phrase this as best as i can.

For one, recognize and acknowledge you are throwing around ethnic/racial slurs. Period. It doesn't matter if it doesn't offend you or your buddies, or even the guy down the street. Maybe you don't care..thats awesome for you. But realize that it may infact offend others.

Second, i do not in any way have to meet your ethnic criteria to be "allowed" to be offended. I don't have to tender my "official whatever-american card" to be ticked off at your use of ethnic slurs "that no one cares about".

But, since you asked so politely, my family happens to be Italian Americans. I know it may be a shock to you, since i live in "the sticks" (i don't happen to have a banjo, which may suprise you. nor do i drive to work in the General Lee).

I am sure you are familiar with the concept of migration, since it is what allows most of us in this country to be here. It is that very same concept that allows italians to be found in places outside of italy, like...i dunno, virginia for example.

I am not wholly italian, like most of us i am of mixed ethnic heritage. However, my grandmother is wholly italian. She was not offended by my choice not to marry another "nice italian girl". She didn't really like my absence from the church, but thats outside the scope of our little discussion.

The end result of both of our little tirades is that i find your use of verbiage offensive, and you think i am a crybaby for finding it offensive. Since we are both on the internet, further friction is a waste of my time. Either you realize you should have used different verbiage, or you continue under the delusion that you didn't.

Either way, for me, this conversation is over.

Crimson Gord
01-27-2010, 03:39 AM
snookie must look like a st.bernard without her makeup on ,lol !
for some reason her legs are kinda twigy, i think it might be KFC syndrome (big upper body, small legs, just like a chicken)

SVT_COBRA
01-27-2010, 04:02 AM
Hey mods, Id like to apologize for the fact my thread dug up some racist assholes. For the people who blame the cast for being stupid and ignorant, youre doing a great job making yourselves look 'stupid and ignorant' commenting on people who are just hanging out having a good time on a TV show.

snookie must look like a st.bernard without her makeup on ,lol !

LOL you tell me...I think she looks better without makeup =)

http://guanabee.com/wordpress/wp-content/uploads/2009/12/intouch-magazine-snooki-jwoww-sammi-jersey-shore-1-450x617.jpg

Crimson Gord
01-27-2010, 04:14 AM
to each his own i guess. what's good for me isn't necessarily good for you. i think we can agree on that :)
but yes she does look better without, so you're right about that.damn you man i thought i was funny! lol

CharIJoe
01-27-2010, 03:17 PM
I honestly never even heard of some of those ethnic slurs untill I read this thread.

arashikage tat
01-27-2010, 03:39 PM
The only thing I've watched is the clip of Snookie getting punched in the face...that was pretty crazy

dmizrok
01-27-2010, 03:52 PM
I hate the show.The attention and MONEY given to a buncha asshole for doing nothing is the most offensive part. The fact that its now " cool" to toss around "Guido" etc is sickening....im not going to join in on an arguement and get all pissed over a dumb show.
2 comments though:
1. someone PLEASE explain WHY they think they deserve to ask for 10,000 an episode...
and
2. whyt doesnt MTV let people know that "J-WOW" is NOT from Long Island, or Jersey...HELL not even from NYC....shes from EAST GREENBUSH NY.hmmm10 minutes from my house....she took the accent when she moved to L.I. at the age of TWENTY ONE.
upstate NY not marketable,MTV?

arashikage tat
01-27-2010, 03:54 PM
Coincidentally I'm half Irish and half Italian, I'm a wop and a mick. My grandparents on my fathers side did indeed come to this country without papers,hence the term, wop.

My mothers maiden name is McLaughlin, like ten bajillion other micks lasts names start with Mc, weird I know.

Some of my friends call me the McWopper, it's funny. Seriously these aren't derogatory terms to us, unless preceded by "stupid f#ckin'" or something.

Back on topic, the wops on Jersey shore remind me of a few cousins. I love 'em to death but they are indeed stupid wops.

lmao!!! omg that was the best!

Flint071
01-27-2010, 05:25 PM
I hate the show - as i hate all reality shows...

But that chick JWOW is shopping around nudie pics of herself - which is say is sort of a win.

SVT_COBRA
01-29-2010, 06:56 PM
Paulie D is gonna be at a club 30 mins away from me tonight.....I may have to attend...already got my blowout up!

Blaster'spunchingbagg
01-30-2010, 02:52 AM
I've got the coolest news, we've been talking about all this Jersey Shore stuff lately, and who should walk into my bar, but THE Alyssa Milano. I was like, "Are You....?" She said, "Yeah". It was so cool, really nice chick. I told her, that thing you did to dress as Snookie was hilarious. She said, "It was all in fun". I never new she's orginally from Bensenhurst.

dmizrok
02-05-2010, 10:52 PM
The best part of Jersey Shore is that Sat night Live makes fun of it...lmao The fat guy as Snookie is hilarious....as is The "Situations" back abs and his mom the "predicament" lol

Joseph
02-05-2010, 11:06 PM
I LOVE IT

Now all I heard was bad things about it, then I watched it at a friends house, and Im hooked. And now EVERYBODY I know is hooked. Oh god its a train wreck....fights and rowdy boobs every episode.

/fistpump

I've not seen it. However, I think that the many people in this thread who qualify having seen it through extraordinary circumstances illustrates the guilty-pleasure aspect of most people watching reality TV. If as many people hated reality TV as are so quick to say they do, then the shows wouldn't be getting the ratings they do. I just wish every one who watched these shows would just say they do. Every one likes a train wreck. It's like listening to people on the news say how outraged the country was because Janet Jackson's boob popped out...during the super bowl.

dmizrok
02-06-2010, 11:05 AM
i can honestly say Ive never watched it..never have never will....I only know about it cause at work , all those mags like people,US,etc.(the tabloids) are the onlt thing to look at on our breaks....

SVT_COBRA
02-06-2010, 11:48 AM
I've not seen it. However, I think that the many people in this thread who qualify having seen it through extraordinary circumstances illustrates the guilty-pleasure aspect of most people watching reality TV. If as many people hated reality TV as are so quick to say they do, then the shows wouldn't be getting the ratings they do. I just wish every one who watched these shows would just say they do. Every one likes a train wreck. It's like listening to people on the news say how outraged the country was because Janet Jackson's boob popped out...during the super bowl.

Thats exactly how I feel. I cant stand reality TV. IMO, its for people who have no lives and just want to watch somebody else's life. Just like those tabloids; your life is so miserable that you have to see how Brad and Angelina are doing. When Jersey Shore started I heard tons of crap about it, how stupid the cast was, how bad the show was etc. But at the same time it sounded completely different from anything else on the air. So when I sat down and watched 3 episodes back to back I found myself just laughing at how stupid these people are, but then actually liking the cast. They were definately picked for being over the top, but I have friends who are totally like that.
And as stupid as it sounds, this show seriously convinced me to go to the gym LOL! My friends and I started talking about the show all the time, and I just thought to myself 'I want to get in shape, look good, and creep on chicks'. Im already pretty obnoxious in public, may as well be jacked and look good to back it up. And now Im in shape and I feel great! Thanks Jersey Shore LOLOLOLOLOL!!!