PDA

View Full Version : $1 a figure for loose 25th Anniversary???

Somedevil22
01-21-2010, 02:04 AM
I have been surprised to see that the lot of 85+ loose figs I posted on ebay is selling for right around a buck a figure.

I understand that if I were to put them into smaller lots that I could net a higher amount per fig...but have they really dropped that much in value already or is it just due to our wonderful economy right now?

Personally I'm alright with selling the lot where it's currently at price wise, I don't have the room for them and honestly Hasbro lost me as soon as the ROC figs hit the shelves. Had they continued with the 25th line with the actual 25th cards to them they would still have me hook line and sinker.

Anyhoo, just wanted to see if anyone had any feed back on why they are selling for so little. Maybe it's something as simple as I wasn't able to take very good pics for the auction.

Adam

G.I.JOE 25th Anniversary 85+ Loose Figures! Complete! - eBay (item 160395703844 end time Jan-23-10 18:23:28 PST) (http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&item=160395703844)

Somedevil22
01-21-2010, 02:05 AM
this was the original thread under ebay on here

http://www.hisstank.com/forum/g-i-joe-ebay/65416-selling-collection-all-85-loose-25th-figures.html

alexan2dros
01-21-2010, 03:24 AM
wow.. i wish i saw that before. :(

Snake Eyes 33
01-21-2010, 04:08 AM
Well, for one, experienced bidders tend not to bid until the end of the auction. I wouldn't worry about it too much. Keep an eye on how many people are watching the auction and that should give you a better idea of how much interest it's generating and what the chances are of some last minute bidding. Don't sweat it man, things are going to be just fine. If you're that worried about it cancel the auction and set a reserve!

I have been surprised to see that the lot of 85+ loose figs I posted on ebay is selling for right around a buck a figure.

I understand that if I were to put them into smaller lots that I could net a higher amount per fig...but have they really dropped that much in value already or is it just due to our wonderful economy right now?

Personally I'm alright with selling the lot where it's currently at price wise, I don't have the room for them and honestly Hasbro lost me as soon as the ROC figs hit the shelves. Had they continued with the 25th line with the actual 25th cards to them they would still have me hook line and sinker.

Anyhoo, just wanted to see if anyone had any feed back on why they are selling for so little. Maybe it's something as simple as I wasn't able to take very good pics for the auction.

Adam

G.I.JOE 25th Anniversary 85+ Loose Figures! Complete! - eBay (item 160395703844 end time Jan-23-10 18:23:28 PST) (http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&item=160395703844)

Blaster'spunchingbagg
01-21-2010, 04:20 AM
You should make quite a bit more than that, however ebay auctions are not doing as well for things like collectibles, because of our economy.

DevilDog00
01-21-2010, 05:23 AM
^^^^
True that!

CobrasUsedCars
01-21-2010, 05:30 AM
The fact that you have no ebay feedback and you are trying to sell it all in one huge lot raises red flags. People worry about stuff like that even though paypal offers buyer protection. Honestly if I had the spare cash and saw pics of everything I would pay more then double what your bid is at

Steelgrave
01-21-2010, 05:54 AM
For me personally, I would never try to sell with (0) feedback. You need to get at least (5) from buying & then try to sell. You need some kind of reputation. Selling with (0) usually brings in lower bids. Humans aren't trustworthy these days so buying from a seller with (0) is a risk.

Also selling with (0) usually means you already had another account, screwed somebody over or got a massive amount of negative feedback & got your account suspended. So you started up a new account & are ready to screw some more people over. That's usually the first thing I think of when I see a seller with (0) feedback.

Unclassified
01-21-2010, 09:10 AM
yeah man, i got a blue sdcc cheap as hell cus the dude had 0 feedback, and no one wanted to test the waters. and single loose figs dont tend to capture a big amount. you can get figs for like 2 bux a pop. hell i even see carded figs not move. they aint a hot item anymore.

Black Llama
01-21-2010, 09:23 AM
It can happen when you sell in lots like that. I generally sell loose figures (sans file cards) for 5 bucks each and unless it's not domestic I cover the shipping. You can fit about 6 joes into a flat rate mailer from the USPS.

I'll admit, I am watching your auction and hope to snipe it for a good price in the end :)

gunslingercbr
01-21-2010, 09:33 AM
most collectors already have most figures, so the only reason to buy a lot of figures is if you get them cheap because you are just going to double up. nobody is going to pay more than a buck for another Duke, Cobra Commander or Snake Eyes or most figures. very few 25th figures have value, and that value is lost when you try to sell them as a lot with other worthless figures.

you have to understand the market for these toys. these toys still only appeal to people who already have them, new collectors aren't coming out of the wood work as old collectors give up their collections.

fact is, these toys don't have much secondary value because everybody already has them. our collections are worthless, so if you are getting out you are going to have to sell at that loss.

NAJA EMPIRE
01-21-2010, 10:12 AM
I did some sales on ebay about a month ago. very low on the bids

Somedevil22
01-21-2010, 10:44 AM
Thanks for all the feedback guys. I did think about the (0) feedback, I figured that for sure would have an impact. I used to own and operate a retail store called Hobby Monkey. My ebay account for that was in the thousands as far as positive feedback goes but due to the account being tied to my former business the lovely state of California liked to tax us on the income made from it. Since we closed the stores in 05' I've left that account alone and it has been deactivated.

Again thanks for the info, and again if anyone from the tank ends up winning the auction be sure to tell me so I can add the MOBAT and any other loose 25th stuff I happen to find laying around.

Adam

machiwoomiapoo
01-21-2010, 10:46 AM
Feedback is crucial to trust on ebay. You should post them here first. No fees (15% with ebay/paypal) and you help out a fellow collector you probably know already.

Roshan
01-21-2010, 11:10 AM
There ya go, bumped it for ya. I'm not putting in any more bids because my bid is still a steal, it'll definitely go higher. The 0 feedback, yeah that's a killer. But the bigger killer for you is you're only selling domestic. I've had 0 drop in sales over the last year and a half because my international is up to 70% winning on my auctions. There money is worth more, go get some of it. There's also like twenty times more of them then us. (well, not all of them use the internet at the same ratio of course :D )

Somedevil22
01-21-2010, 01:30 PM
Yeah, I had someone from Ireland ask if I would sell to him. He asked me from here so of course I said I would. When we had our store we had sooooo many problems shipping overseas and getting scammed that it just came naturally to say that I wouldn't ship anywhere but domestic. :( So if you are from HISS and overseas and want to bid on the auction I will for sure honor the bid and ship out to you.

I will for sure remember all of this when I go to sell off some of my sealed 25th stuff...and I will for sure post it here before ebay.

Viper6
01-21-2010, 01:52 PM
hey bro hit me up with the 25th sales when you drop em ;)

Steelgrave
01-21-2010, 03:04 PM
Yeah, now that Hasbro dropped 25th it seems most GI Joe collectors don't care about them anymore. I was only buying Transformers while the 25th was still hot in stores. Since Hasbro moved to ROC I've been buying 25th for dirt cheap. Nobody wants them & the sellers can't move it.

Same thing happened to the 2002 MOTU line. I'm hoping the same thing will happen to the MOTUC line. Once the collectors know they can't finish the line & the company ain't gonna make the characters they want they lose interest & drop it like a hot potato.

Stuart_Selkirk
01-21-2010, 06:07 PM
Being new to Joes and not having a lot of figures, there are only about ten figures or so in the whole lot that appeal to me.
Break it up into single figures or smaller lots.
That should help you.
Don't shy away from the additional work packing up and shipping single figures and be open to international bids.

Somedevil22
01-23-2010, 06:34 PM
2 hours left on the auction...right now they are going for around $1.70 a fig...that's a steal for anyone who wants to re-sell them and make double that.

caw88
01-23-2010, 07:02 PM
Well, its over...I am interested in knowing what you think about the price you got for them. I was interested but as said before you needed to break it up a bit. I find that lots of dreadknoks or cobra mercs or specialized joe teams bring more interest and a better price.

Headman
01-23-2010, 07:08 PM
Selling in big lots like that is good for one thing and one thing only... clearing inventory. Like others have said, you would have made more if you had broken it up, but sometimes the most important thing is getting rid of stuff that's taking up valuable space.

07GT500 COBRA
01-23-2010, 07:18 PM
Let me know when you start listing troop builders.

Somedevil22
01-23-2010, 08:56 PM
30mins left in the auction.

Indeed the purpose was to get rid of bulk and make space. I had my fun with the loose figs and was more interested in getting rid of them all at once as apposed to breaking it up.

I'm going to start taking some pics of my carded stuff tonight, as well as sealed vehicles.

Thanks again for all the info and good tips!