PDA

View Full Version : Doin' it for the lulz

DrNightmare
12-14-2009, 02:28 AM
What kind of stuff have you done solely to amuse yourself?

An example: Years ago when I lived in a house and was just a young stallion frollicking through the world, I decided one morning that I wanted to make my neighbor angry. Where does the idea of "I wanna mess with this guy just cuz!" come from? I don't know, but ain't it great that kids have it all the time?

So every morning like at 6AM, I would go over there and plant a stick in the middle of his yard. It wasn't even a big stick, it was like a foot tall and half an inch wide, but you see, his lawn was perfect, and seeing this damn crooked stick in the middle of all this level grass annoyed the hell out of him.

So, the first day at like 7AM, on his way out of the house to his car, he noticed the stick and yanked it out, then threw it onto the sidewalk and drove off. I ran out and got the stick, then planted it back where it was, and walked to school.

Next day, I did the same thing, and he muttered something before tossing the stick again and driving off.

Third day, before he tossed the stick again, he stopped by it and looked around carefully. Then he slowly pulled it out, all the while still looking around, like how birds do when they're eating and they keep popping their heads up to see if anything is going to eat them, lol.

Next few days were like the second, a mutter and off he went.

Then one day, he was noticeably pissed and even called out his wife to show her what he was cussing about. She looked like she cared about as much we do about global warming, shit happens man, get over it, lol. This time he broke the stick and threw it in the trash bin. I mean, goddamn man, this stick has been bothering you for WEEKS, and NOW you decide to break it!? LOL!!! Undaunted by my fallen stick, I dug around at school that day for a similar stick, and used it that night, then made sure to take back the one he threw away so he thought it was the same stick. xD

When he came home and saw the ghost-stick, he was like NO! NOOO! (exaggerating, har har) and ran over to his trash bin and freaked/got more pissed when he didn't see it in there. He ran into the house and I started to hear yelling, sounded like "WATCHING THE HOUSE!" and "THE **** DO YOU DO ALL DAY!*" then I saw the guy's son storm out of the house all pissed and walk down the street with the mom and guy behind him yelling more stuff.

Of course, I was laughing my ass off, and had been doing so the entire time this went on, but now I see it was a pretty messed-up thing to do. What if he was taking out his anger on his family? What if the guy became unhinged and murdered his whole family over it? lol! Good times... xD

Zoltron
12-14-2009, 02:29 AM
Tell my Mom someone was on the phone, then when she picked it up. No one was there!

Agerasia
12-14-2009, 02:32 AM
When I was little, I used to lock the stall doors in public bathrooms and slide out underneath and go on about my business.

DrNightmare
12-14-2009, 02:37 AM
Tell my Mom someone was on the phone, then when she picked it up. No one was there!

...xD Didn't she notice the phone wasn't ringing!

When I was little, I used to lock the stall doors in public bathrooms and slide out underneath and go on about my business.

Omgz, that's awesome, I could never do that because of how filthy the floors were lol

Zoltron
12-14-2009, 02:39 AM
...xD Didn't she notice the phone wasn't ringing!

I'm on the phone about 6 hours a day. Sooooooo, I could easily do that.

Dansolo
12-14-2009, 02:40 AM

Eeeewwwww! I hope those floors were clean when you did that!

Dirtbag
12-14-2009, 02:40 AM
I can't say most of the stuff I did when I was younger cause I'm afraid I end up in jail. God I was so stupid.

When I'm talking to my girlfriend sometimes I pretend she's yelling and ask her Why is she yelling when she's just talking in a normal pace. It annoys the Bejesus out of her.

Super Beast
12-14-2009, 02:42 AM
I make it clear that I would like my food to "go" when ordering in the drive thru's at mcdonalds, burger king, etc.

They usually get a kick out of it :D

Dirtbag
12-14-2009, 02:43 AM
I make it clear that I would like my food to "go" when ordering in the drive thru's at mcdonalds, burger king, etc.

They usually get a kick out of it :D

That's a harmless but funny prank.

That remind me one day a friend of mine wanted to get some food at the drive through in Burger King where this girl I like used to work and I got out and order it on foot on the drive through and pick it up on the window I remember everyone was like what the f&^K? but hey that little stupid prank got me her number and a date. We dated for a while.

DrNightmare
12-14-2009, 02:46 AM
I can't say most of the stuff I did when I was younger cause I'm afraid I end up in jail. God I was so stupid.

I can't say it because I'll probably get banned again lulz

They usually get a kick out of it

Next time ask for cheeseburgers without the cheese xD

Zoltron
12-14-2009, 02:47 AM
One of my ex boyfriends had to deal with, "Why you hitting yourself". I made one guy cry once, he apparently didn't enjoy hitting himself.

Dansolo
12-14-2009, 02:48 AM
I'm a Pepsi drinker & I used to work with someone that had a Coke antenna ball and license plate frame on his car. I used to either take them off and put them in his window that he'd leave slightly open or just turn the frame thingy upside down. Don't know if he ever found out who was doing it or what his reaction was to the whole thing.

Dirtbag
12-14-2009, 02:48 AM
One of my ex boyfriends had to deal with, "Why you hitting yourself". I made one guy cry once, he apparently didn't enjoy hitting himself.

LOL Seriously? How old was he?

DrNightmare
12-14-2009, 02:50 AM

Maybe you poked his eye? xD

blayze5150
12-14-2009, 02:50 AM
I used to randomly put plastic pink flamingos in people's yards. I put one in the flower bed closest to the front door of the biggest church in town on a Sunday morning one weekend. It was fun at the time.

DrNightmare
12-14-2009, 02:51 AM
I used to randomly put plastic pink flamingos in people's yards. I put one in the flower bed closest to the front door of the biggest church in town on a Sunday morning one weekend. It was fun at the time.

Wtf? xD Yeah, those churches man, they don't like the pink!

Dirtbag
12-14-2009, 02:53 AM
Wtf? xD Yeah, those churches man, they don't like the pink!

HAHA this made me laugh out loud.

neo-viper
12-14-2009, 02:54 AM
I was a lawn ornament thief myself there were other things but due to other choices in my childhood those are hard to remember.

Zoltron
12-14-2009, 02:54 AM
LOL Seriously? How old was he?

He was 18, and I was 21. He was a little scrawny guy, but he was sooooo cute.

2003? After he cried, I gave him a ticket went to Dumpsville and he was the only one there.

I told him, "I was only kidding. Don't have kittens!"

He said, "It wasn't funny and you're one mean little person"

And I told him, "Well listen you, I'm good enough I'm strong enough and gosh darnit people like me!"

Never saw him again.

DrNightmare
12-14-2009, 02:57 AM
I was a lawn ornament thief myself there were other things but due to other choices in my childhood those are hard to remember.

How does that work though! Where do you stash the stuff without people knowing about it?

2003? After he cried, I gave him a ticket went to Dumpsville and he was the only one there.

And I told him, "Well listen you, I'm good enough I'm strong enough and gosh darnit people like me!"

Never saw him again.

Lol, that sounds like Princess Zelda in the Spirit Tracks game, punking Link around!

HAHA this made me laugh out loud.

Million-dollar challenge, find the pink in a church! Even the red in the stained glass windows seems to be stained darker so as to never confuse them with pink.

neo-viper
12-14-2009, 02:58 AM
How does that work though! Where do you stash the stuff without people knowing about it?

usually in my room until it got too full then in friends places or yards two or three streets over but I always kept the gnomes for myself.

Zoltron
12-14-2009, 03:00 AM
Lol, that sounds like Princess Zelda in the Spirit Tracks game, punking Link around!

I can be playful and very silly at times. Life doesn't have to be so serious.

DrNightmare
12-14-2009, 03:00 AM
usually in my room until it got too full then in friends places or yards two or three streets over but I always kept the gnomes for myself.

Lol, try returning them but putting them on the roof, or up in a tree for bonus points!

I can be playful and very silly at times. Life doesn't have to be so serious.

^__________^

Mandingo Rex
12-14-2009, 03:02 AM
I had a friend in high school who was mild-to-moderate obsessive compulsive. Not the OCD/anal-retentive type like us collectors are, I mean the Rain Man type.

Anyways, he had this tick or whatever where he counted things. If he was being a dick, I'd casually mention a repetitive item nearby, such as patterns in tiles ("Gee, there are a lot of tiles in here.") or dotted lines in the road as I was driving ("Man, those dots are coming fast."). I'd often speed up or slow down in that scenario to throw his counting rhythm off, or complicate it by adding in a question that required more advanced math ("Man, I wonder how many lines I pass per minute?").

neo-viper
12-14-2009, 03:04 AM
Lol, try returning them but putting them on the roof, or up in a tree for bonus points!

I think me and the wife may head out tonight for some mischief. On a sidenote I think my dad may still have some of my trophies from some drunken nights before I joined the Army.

DrNightmare
12-14-2009, 03:18 AM
I had a friend in high school who was mild-to-moderate obsessive compulsive. Not the OCD/anal-retentive type like us collectors are, I mean the Rain Man type.

Anyways, he had this tick or whatever where he counted things. If he was being a dick, I'd casually mention a repetitive item nearby, such as patterns in tiles ("Gee, there are a lot of tiles in here.") or dotted lines in the road as I was driving ("Man, those dots are coming fast."). I'd often speed up or slow down in that scenario to throw his counting rhythm off, or complicate it by adding in a question that required more advanced math ("Man, I wonder how many lines I pass per minute?").

HAR HAR. Hey, I wonder what he'd do if you said "Gee, I wonder how many bees are in that hive?" Do you think he would have said "screw you!" or actually gone up there and counted? If he would have refused, then there you go, you could have been the first to find a cure for his disorder! (or his "over-order"? lollolololol!)

I think me and the wife may head out tonight for some mischief. On a sidenote I think my dad may still have some of my trophies from some drunken nights before I joined the Army.

Way to make a father proud, son! xD

Primo_Baddest
12-14-2009, 03:21 AM
I mess with people all the time, when i was a kid it was a little more clear cut and I would only do it when i had an audience...now that im older i mess with people for no reason even if no one else will understand. sometimes it creates problems haha

neo-viper
12-14-2009, 03:32 AM
Way to make a father proud, son! xD

If I remember correctly that was his reaction.

Weezus
12-14-2009, 03:54 AM
i pretend i like rise of cobra and watch hisstankers heads explode in manchild rage.

oops, did i let my secret out?

puma
12-14-2009, 03:56 AM
when i was little, i'd hide guest's shoes when they'd come for a visit and they had to promise to visit again soon before i'd fish out their shoes.... lol

Blaster'spunchingbagg
12-14-2009, 04:13 AM
I used to write or construct those ransom notes type things and send them to people I didn't like. You know where you cut out letters from papers and magazines. I also used to put flaming dog shit on people's door steps that bugged me. My buddy and I once put a cherry bomb into another kids mail box and blew it off his house.

Dirtbag
12-14-2009, 07:06 AM

Never saw him again.

You sound like fun if you ask me.

Dirtbag
12-14-2009, 07:12 AM
5 years ago a group of friends and I got on top of my rooftop (I live in a main avenue) at night on Christmas and threw eggs at passing cars. That same night we went and took out the trash from the dumpster of this guy we didn't like and put it all in the trunk of his pick-up truck. After we jumped on his rooftop and egg his house. Did I mention we did this on Christmas. We recorded everything too. Wish my friend didn't record his wedding over it.

DrNightmare
12-15-2009, 10:45 PM
o_____@

chief_1
12-15-2009, 10:53 PM
In the Navy quite a few years ago, we wrote our names on our shirts. Had a guy named "FULK".

Every night, i would draw an extra line on the L. Ruined all of his shirts. Seriously, i did this at least a dozen times.

To this day, if he knew it was me, he would go into a blinding rage and kill me. It would be worth it.

millville resident
12-15-2009, 11:03 PM
In highschool, my friends and I thought it was pretty funny to trade rural green mailboxes on one side of town with the same type from the other side of town. I only wish that I could see the looks on peoples faces when they tried to put their key into their lock to get their mail and it did not fit; then upon closer inspection they would see that their padlocks were not the same as the day before.

jllewis80
12-15-2009, 11:11 PM
I used to do the locked bathroom stall door thing too. We went all jr. parkour, used the toilet for a foot hold then over the top we went.

we used to translate nonsense in german class in high school.
I started this classic bit though. I translated nut-sack into German. We had this little old lady that had no clue. some of the guys in that class loved to yell it out for no reason. Well she got this quizzical look on her face and would say in front of the class "Whats a nut sack"?

If I came out of a bathroom and there was someone waiting I'd tell them the toilet seat was broke. Somebody put a hole in it.

Me and a friend did steal a road construction barrel one time and tried to put it on her basket ball coaches mailbox.

And Zoltron does sound like a fun chick.

jllewis80
12-15-2009, 11:12 PM
in highschool, my friends and i thought it was pretty funny to trade rural green mailboxes on one side of town with the same type from the other side of town. I only wish that i could see the looks on peoples faces when they tried to put their key into their lock to get their mail and it did not fit; then upon closer inspection they would see that their padlocks were not the same as the day before.

genius.

PitViper
12-15-2009, 11:24 PM
I'll be honest, 95% of the day Im doing something retarded..or atleast thinking of it.

A few years back I worked for the town Water Dept...there was an old guy there that was completely neurotic and his wife was just as nuts. Every morning she would call at like 10 to 7 right before work started...and everyday at 7 he would get into the truck all mad at his wife.

So...I would get there like 5 min earlier while he was having coffee and dial the garage from the cell in my pocket, then get up and answer the phone and go.."hold on...Bill, phone, I think its your old lady"...all nervous he would get on the phone "hello? HELLO?"....then I would pull out my cell and in a womens voice be like "Billllllly...I dont wanna fight!"....and he would spaz out.

This lasted for about 2 months straight, until he chased me one day and almost had a heart attack doing so.

Fun stuff!

Zefram
12-15-2009, 11:26 PM
What kind of stuff have you done solely to amuse yourself?

An example: Years ago when I lived in a house and was just a young stallion frollicking through the world, I decided one morning that I wanted to make my neighbor angry. Where does the idea of "I wanna mess with this guy just cuz!" come from? I don't know, but ain't it great that kids have it all the time?

So every morning like at 6AM, I would go over there and plant a stick in the middle of his yard. It wasn't even a big stick, it was like a foot tall and half an inch wide, but you see, his lawn was perfect, and seeing this damn crooked stick in the middle of all this level grass annoyed the hell out of him.

So, the first day at like 7AM, on his way out of the house to his car, he noticed the stick and yanked it out, then threw it onto the sidewalk and drove off. I ran out and got the stick, then planted it back where it was, and walked to school.

Next day, I did the same thing, and he muttered something before tossing the stick again and driving off.

Third day, before he tossed the stick again, he stopped by it and looked around carefully. Then he slowly pulled it out, all the while still looking around, like how birds do when they're eating and they keep popping their heads up to see if anything is going to eat them, lol.

Next few days were like the second, a mutter and off he went.

Then one day, he was noticeably pissed and even called out his wife to show her what he was cussing about. She looked like she cared about as much we do about global warming, shit happens man, get over it, lol. This time he broke the stick and threw it in the trash bin. I mean, goddamn man, this stick has been bothering you for WEEKS, and NOW you decide to break it!? LOL!!! Undaunted by my fallen stick, I dug around at school that day for a similar stick, and used it that night, then made sure to take back the one he threw away so he thought it was the same stick. xD

When he came home and saw the ghost-stick, he was like NO! NOOO! (exaggerating, har har) and ran over to his trash bin and freaked/got more pissed when he didn't see it in there. He ran into the house and I started to hear yelling, sounded like "WATCHING THE HOUSE!" and "THE **** DO YOU DO ALL DAY!*" then I saw the guy's son storm out of the house all pissed and walk down the street with the mom and guy behind him yelling more stuff.

Of course, I was laughing my ass off, and had been doing so the entire time this went on, but now I see it was a pretty messed-up thing to do. What if he was taking out his anger on his family? What if the guy became unhinged and murdered his whole family over it? lol! Good times... xD

Oh Christ, I think I just lol'd for 5min straight. :D

Worst thing I ever did was to this girl at work who probably didn't deserve to be the victim of my boredom. She was wearing a hoodie with the hood down in the back, and every time she walked by I'd casually drop something into her hood. Pens, alchohol wipes, a bottlecap, cough drops. At the end of the night when she was leaving she pulled her hood up and had an avalanch of random crap raining down on her.

Then there was the time I came to work for Halloween with a unibomber hoodie and shades and a box of cereal with a knife stabbed through it (one guy, a former professional comedien, got the joke without me even having to say "cereal killer").

And then there was the time my supervisor (a 28yr-old going on 12) was acting up and I casually reached into my bag and started shooting him with a powered foam disc launcher.

And then there was the remote-controlled whoopee cushion.

So yeah. :)

Irid70
12-15-2009, 11:35 PM
Stole a sign with other drunken fools in college that read "Main Line Urology Clinic" and hung (read: drunkenly leaned) it against a sorority house.

We tried to do the same with a "Main Line Hooker Service" (for a very naive towing company) but it was too well bolted and we just scratched the bolts a bit.

On one occasion I tested the "no shoes no service" policy of a local convenience store by tying my shoes around my elbows. They didn't go for it.

I can't really remember anything else. And really, I mean ANYTHING else. I drank too much in college.

TTT
12-16-2009, 12:11 AM
Driving around at night dropping fireworks out teh window.

jllewis80
12-16-2009, 03:00 PM
When I worked retail we had a tradition of pranking each other using the phones. We could call the other registers and pretend to be angry customers or eager customers willing to buy big ticket items. Being a department store you could watch the angry reactions or watch them crap their pants when they found out or when they thought it was real.

Some guys were real pros at doing this. I think one time I thought I was being pranked and went along with it or just didn't care and it really was two moron shade tree mechanics. (Nothing against shade tree guys these two really were pushing the limits of common sense).

Derek2783
12-16-2009, 03:15 PM
We used to have a game on Thursday nights. The whole town where my cousin lives is laid out on a grid, and Friday morning is garbage day.

So Thursday nights, we'd get in my pickup, and drive around the neighborhood. We'd go real slow past a garbage can, and whoever was in the passenger seat would lean out the window and grab a garbage can as we rolled past (which wasn't always easy, some of those cans weighed a TON!), then we'd pick up speed until we passed a mailbox, and just drop the garbage can sideways on top of the mailbox as hard as we could.

To this day, not much makes me smile like an exploding garbage can knocking a mailbox over.

Chaka Cha
12-16-2009, 05:06 PM
Its funny but sad about ordering a cheeseburger without cheese, because I order 1 for my kid w/o onions, ketchup, etc., so I say 'cheeseburger plain', and they'll ask if I want cheese... :/

I text people with really bad text shorthand or slang to where they can't even make out the words :)

I got that trick from my mom who unfortunately does not do that on purpose.

Black Llama
12-16-2009, 05:16 PM
This thready describes all of my teens and early 20's.

Driving around with my friends in my Mustang convertable. Paintball guns. You know the drill.

Take 1 plastic salt shaker, 1 penny. Stand the penny straight up and slam the bottom of the salt shaker on to it. Voila, next time someone goes for salt.... aww yeah

Driving up to Mcdonals/Burger King and trying to order things from another fast food chains menu... god that pisses people off.