PDA

View Full Version : Design your dream PoC figures for 2010

245am
12-13-2009, 01:34 PM
It seems the design aesthetic for the PoC line in 2010 is a more modern, realistic accessory-laden update to classic characters set in 4 environments...

To me, the new molds like Arctic Duke, Desert Zartan, City Strike Firefly and Jungle Recondo best capture this "modern classics" design, so, in the same spirit as these figures, which characters would you like to see released in 2010? What environment would you put them in? How would you "update" them with a modern treatment?

My dream PoC figure(s) would be "Urban Strike Xamot and Tomax" with dusty, beat-up business suits (like they have been in a street fight,) and their jackets opened up to show they're wearing body armor underneath... Also, instead of a subtle scar distinguishing them, I'd love Xamot to have a pretty large/bad burn wound on his cheek.

Thoughts? Dream away....

Troynos
12-13-2009, 01:38 PM
City Strike Shockblast done up similar to how they're doing CS Beachhead. Lots of pouches and equipment.

Jungle Assault Hit & Run, with his duffel bag returned and a new body. The 7-pack one SUCKED!!!

WinterWarrior83
12-13-2009, 01:40 PM
I want a Flint and Lady Jaye. I would like them in Jungle gear.

TTT
12-13-2009, 01:42 PM
Modern Era wave 14 :D

Nemesis*Prime
12-13-2009, 02:10 PM
CITY STRIKE
Big Boa
Headhunter
Skullhunter (Headhunter Stormtrooper)

ARCTIC THREAT
Dr. Knox
Techno-Viper
Undertow

JUNGLE ASSAULT
Zandar
Night Vulture
Toxo-Viper ('91 version)

DESERT BATTLE
Darklon
H.E.A.T.-Viper
Incinerator

DaViper
12-13-2009, 02:50 PM
City Strike
Major Bludd
Baroness
Zartan

Dream
12-13-2009, 02:52 PM
Bring on the Plague!

fireflyguy
12-13-2009, 03:11 PM
City Strike Shockblast done up similar to how they're doing CS Beachhead. Lots of pouches and equipment.

I like that idea a lot! I do like the modern look, but because I collect limitedly, there are only a few figs I'll be getting.

Bravo Sierra
12-13-2009, 03:16 PM
Lifeline.
Lowlight.
Dialtone(male w/ awesome comm pack)
Footloose (jungle)
Sci-Fi
Jinx (City Strike)

Sunbow_Joe84
12-13-2009, 03:17 PM
City Strike aka Resolute Flint.
Jungle Dial Tone two pack male and female.
Desert Cross Country
Arctic Snow Storm

Tankster
12-13-2009, 03:19 PM
^^^everthing you have all mentioned!!

y2josh
12-13-2009, 03:39 PM
Please sign me up for any single carded Hit & Run! I would also love an Arctic Destro or Arctic Cobra Commander.

RayH
12-13-2009, 03:48 PM
I insanley want a major bludd so bad. I can't decide between jungle or urban i think he'd work well in both. For urban i could see bludd running around in something akin to the roc flash figure.

Stalker same problem i think he'd work really well for both Urban and Jungle. I could just see him with a really cool cammo pattern and face paint in the jungle tac vest.

Lady Jaye and Flint would both be good for the jungle I'd have jaye in some hot shorts and a tied up shirt.

I'd love an artic Baroness i picture her in some snow bunny oufit akin to padme's clone wars look.

I know there working on a desert dusty figure i wanna see it.

A desert Wild bill would be cool

A desert Tomax and Xamot

Shin Densetsu
12-13-2009, 10:23 PM

Jungle Assault Hit & Run, with his duffel bag returned and a new body. The 7-pack one SUCKED!!!City Strike Shockblast FOR THE WIN! Functional backpack, riot shield, bonus DEF helmet and swappable DEF vest would be great too, also that tank drone that came with reactive Armor Ripcord only in gold. DEF homage right there, I didn't like that series at all but DEF Shockwave kicked ass.

I insanley want a major bludd so bad. I can't decide between jungle or urban i think he'd work well in both. For urban i could see bludd running around in something akin to the roc flash figure.

Stalker same problem i think he'd work really well for both Urban and Jungle. I could just see him with a really cool cammo pattern and face paint in the jungle tac vest.

Lady Jaye and Flint would both be good for the jungle I'd have jaye in some hot shorts and a tied up shirt.

I'd love an artic Baroness i picture her in some snow bunny oufit akin to padme's clone wars look.

I know there working on a desert dusty figure i wanna see it.

A desert Wild bill would be cool

A desert Tomax and Xamot

BLUDD for the win! I'm actually surprised he's didn't make it in the ROC line. I think he would work in City Strike.

Here are my choices:

City Strike Storm Shadow-Resolute Storm Shadow but with new hood and molded shirt, with harness from City Strike Snake Eyes, and more weapons. The claws from wave 4 comic pack Storm Shadow would be cool too. Maybe the harness from Jungle Assault Storm Shadow too.

City Strike Alley Viper-Battle Corps swappable helmet and shield(snake motif anyone remember?), functional backpack, more guns and melee weapons, preferably able to store on body.

Jungle Assault Stalker-Make it a combination of LRRP Stalker from the Vietnam days with modern day gear.

City Strike Night Creeper Leader-Subdued camo, mix of cartoon design with POC styling(I didn't like the Battle Corps design at all).

City Strike Night Creepers-Darker color than Cobra Island version with arms from the 2 pack. Maybe gray tones.

Jungle Assault Nunchuk-Harness from Jungle Assault Storm Shadow with the same costume design as the original Ninja Force figure. Possibly Quick Kick's backpack with sword, if not new design.

Beckley
12-13-2009, 10:40 PM
They need to give us Artic Threat Iceberg and Stalker.
I want a City Strike 5 pack with-
Shockwave
Low Light
Bullhorn
Barricade
Bulletproof
All 5 of them done up in similar looking SWAT gear.

Primo_Baddest
12-13-2009, 10:48 PM
how about a new stalker? not ripcord...

i like the sway team mentioned above by beckley

how about a POC skystriker with pilot and crew?

Headman
12-13-2009, 11:05 PM
I just want the awful taste of RoC out of my mouth.

Shin Densetsu
12-13-2009, 11:06 PM
how about a new stalker? not ripcord...

i like the sway team mentioned above by beckley

how about a POC skystriker with pilot and crew?
Resolute or vintage, I WANT BOTH!

Beckley
12-13-2009, 11:09 PM
They should make a Nightcreeper with all the armor and gear from the Stormshadow that was in the Resolute Comic Pack.
Same Nightcreeper colors so he would fit in with the others, but with badass battle armor.

Skylancer81
12-13-2009, 11:25 PM
City Strike

Flint
Main-Frame

Jungle Assault

Stalker
Lady Jaye

Nemesis*Prime
12-13-2009, 11:32 PM
City Strike Alley Viper-Battle Corps swappable helmet and shield(snake motif anyone remember?), functional backpack, more guns and melee weapons, preferably able to store on body.

Good call. Hasbro already said they were going to single card the Alley-Viper and update him a little, the only question is what the final product looks like. I definitely agree he needs more guns. Despite the fact that most of the ROC figures sucked a lot of the weapons they come with are great.

blayze5150
12-13-2009, 11:34 PM
Slice & Dice would be nice, they could come with a big bowl of rice. If it comes out I will buy it twice. That's how much I love Slice & Dice.

mrorange1382
12-13-2009, 11:39 PM
Lifeline.
Lowlight.
Footloose (jungle)
Sci-Fi
Jinx (City Strike)

I agree .. Hasbro, check out this post!

M_renegade
12-13-2009, 11:44 PM
-Mutt and Junkyard. They're too outdated.

-BAT. A new one, cos that stupid window on the chest is ridiculous.

-Budo. At least made to look like a samurai, ffs.

-Quick Kick. Something like that POC SS (but with the original colours) and similar gear.

-Mayday and Firewall. Yes, Firewall, why not.

turner
12-13-2009, 11:53 PM
I would want faithful versions in modern articulation of the 82-94 line we don't have, or at least the accepted repaints (night force, tiger force, special missions brazil). If not that, then ddp style characters.

SVT_COBRA
12-14-2009, 12:08 AM
NO MORE NINJAS.
NO MORE CRAPTASTIC RoC COBRA COMMANDER.

Stop concentrating on putting the core characters in diff outfits and get some unreleased guys out. Or at least update the 80s guys. Snow Job is a GREAT example. Gray urban camo on Shockwave with some gear updates. A new Doc that you CANT see and pick off from a mile away. Howabout a new Lifeline? Still waiting on LowLight. I see Cobra is getting their Night Viper back for crapssake!!!

And most importantly.....

WHERES MY SAW VIPER?!?!

245am
12-14-2009, 01:43 PM

Jungle Assault Hit & Run, with his duffel bag returned and a new body. The 7-pack one SUCKED!!!

Holy crap, City Strike Shockblast would be awesome... like you said, lots of equipment & ready to kick doors...

As crazy as this sounds, I'd dig an Urban Mgt Bludd in the v2 Super Sonic Fighters blue and yellow design... we've gotten some cool jet packs w/ ROC Hawk & PoC Ripcord that could easily be repainted for Bludd

I don't normally go for the "sexier" female figs, but these two would be great, particularly a Tomb Raider-ish Lady Jaye for the Jungle...

Arctic Stalker FTMFW! That was one of my favorite ARAH figs and the PoC Arctic Threat seems a perfect place for a modernized update for him...

CITY STRIKE
Big Boa
Headhunter
Skullhunter (Headhunter Stormtrooper)

ARCTIC THREAT
Dr. Knox
Techno-Viper
Undertow

JUNGLE ASSAULT
Zandar
Night Vulture
Toxo-Viper ('91 version)

DESERT BATTLE
Darklon
H.E.A.T.-Viper
Incinerator

Some really cool ideas in there... Big Boa, huh? Urban, huh? That would be interesting to see pulled off, but oh man, how bad A would Urban Strike Headhunters be? I'd also be all for an Urban Toxo-Viper, Flint, Cesspool or anybody else from Eco Warriors line, but with with really muted neon or modern chemical warfare equipment.

The Delta
12-14-2009, 02:01 PM
NO MORE NINJAS.
NO MORE CRAPTASTIC RoC COBRA COMMANDER.

Stop concentrating on putting the core characters in diff outfits and get some unreleased guys out. Or at least update the 80s guys. Snow Job is a GREAT example. Gray urban camo on Shockwave with some gear updates. A new Doc that you CANT see and pick off from a mile away. Howabout a new Lifeline? Still waiting on LowLight. I see Cobra is getting their Night Viper back for crapssake!!!

And most importantly.....

WHERES MY SAW VIPER?!?!

agreed.

Mermaniel
12-14-2009, 02:10 PM
Lifeline.
Lowlight.
Footloose (jungle)
Sci-Fi
Jinx (City Strike)

diddo.

martinjdekay
12-14-2009, 02:20 PM
I'd be good with updates of classic charecters ROC style. What I really want though are City/ Urban/ Swamp Strike Dreadknoks, Zander, Zaranna, Buzzsaw, Torch, ect. Plus, a re-release Thunder Machine wouldn't hurt, as I've no idea what happened to mine (lost in a move somewhere i suspect).

Jmacq1
12-14-2009, 02:20 PM
SAW Viper is coming next year, according to the last Q&A. Also a "City Strike" Alley-Viper.

Anyway:

City Strike:
Stalker
Shockblast
Low-Light
Jinx
Crimson Guard Immortal
Major Bludd

Desert Battle:
Flint
Dusty (Updated)
Desert Scorpion
Gnawgahyde

Jungle Attack:
Hit and Run (updated)
Spirit (updated - Billy/Sonny Landham from Predator - style)
Copperhead (updated)

Arctic Assault:
Blizzard
Scarlett (Resolute-style arctic gear if she doesn't come in the Resolute packs)
Baroness (May as well round out Cobra's High Command)

supermanblue
12-14-2009, 02:31 PM
We have to have a modern Headman and Headhunters, CS Alley Viper and most of what you guys have already said.
A new Jinx period would be great

IronMan76
12-14-2009, 02:31 PM
City Strike aka Resolute Flint.
Jungle Dial Tone two pack male and female.
Desert Cross Country
Arctic Snow Storm

I like would like to see those figures.

supermanblue
12-14-2009, 02:35 PM
I want a City Strike 5 pack with-
Shockwave
Low Light
Bullhorn
Barricade
Bulletproof
All 5 of them done up in similar looking SWAT gear.

I love it

MrClean
12-14-2009, 02:48 PM
Joes
City Strike: Barrel Roll, Tunnel Rat, Widescope w/Lamont,
Jungle Attack: Dart, Torpedo(non-wetsuit), Crosshair
Desert Assault: Falcon, v2 Dusty, Spearhead w/Max
Arctic Assault: Lady Jaye, Flint, Stalker w/kayak, Windchill

Cobras
City Strike: Tomax/Zamot suits, BAT (all new), Blackout
Jungle: Croc master (new), Zarana, Zandar, Skull buster(DDP version)
Desert: Desert scorpion (new), Firefly
Arctic: Baroness, Snow Serpent v2, Zartan (new disguise)

Spigou
12-14-2009, 03:18 PM
I recommend a "Beach Assault Chuckles" (with volley ball)

Seriously, I still want to see more of the Joes and Cobras in their classic look. POC and ME are very welcome as well. POC/ME Beach Head and Firefly and a lot of the fresh ones are great - Just no more full figure re-use and repaints please. PLEASE OH PLEASE...

SVT_COBRA
12-14-2009, 03:44 PM
ooooh Crimson Immortal! Im down for that!!!