PDA

View Full Version : Yet another "Forgotten Joes" thread

PitViper
12-08-2009, 11:48 PM
Who are some Joes that you really dug who seem to have fell through the cracks? Just forgotten about?...the B Listers are all here...

#1 I gotta go with Lightfoot...I never, EVER hear his name spoken.

#2 Payload..Space Joe..nuff said.

#3 Gridiron...Football Joe...football missles? Ehh..cuttin it close.

#4 Pysche Out seems to be a misfit, yet he seems to get some love around here...not sure what the general consensus is.

#5 Bullhorn...Seriously if it wasnt for his...bullhorn... I think he'd get more love, I thought he was pretty cool.

.....who else?

Troynos
12-08-2009, 11:50 PM
I always like Spearhead and Big Ben.

PitViper
12-08-2009, 11:52 PM
I always like Spearhead and Big Ben.

2 Great ones..I have no idea why those 2 in particular arent more popular. Spearhead just seemed to look the part of a great G.I. Joe soldier...wouldve loved em 25th'd

Rocky
12-08-2009, 11:52 PM
Rocky............never made it past one issue!

JohnnyAngel77
12-08-2009, 11:54 PM
Cold Front because he came with my 1st Joe vehicle ever. He was always a favorite of mine.

Bandalero
12-08-2009, 11:58 PM
Recently I've been really curious about Rampart - don't know why. He's a coastal defender and I can't help but image him manning the Coastal Defender vehicle from '85 lol.

Nobody ever talks about Rampart.

PitViper
12-08-2009, 11:59 PM
Never hear about Salvo either...

Troynos
12-09-2009, 12:03 AM
I liked Rampart too. I never had him but he did interest me.

GI Joeverpriced
12-09-2009, 12:30 AM
I never hear too many good things about Sneak Peek or Scoop.
Although Sneak Peak was the only Joe I ever bought ,opened and promptly killed a few minutes later.
He just screamed "kill me" to me for some reason. Those chubby cheeks were placed on the runway of the Flagg ,and blown to bits by a suprise Night Raven attack.
Scoop lasted longer I guess ,but I don't remember doing that much with him either.
I also never hear much about Muskrat either. I always liked him though.

Super Beast
12-09-2009, 12:50 AM
Recently I've been really curious about Rampart - don't know why. He's a coastal defender and I can't help but image him manning the Coastal Defender vehicle from '85 lol.

Thats because he gets wasted by the red shadows. I hate them all.

Super Beast
12-09-2009, 12:51 AM
I never hear too many good things about Sneak Peek or Scoop.
Although Sneak Peak was the only Joe I ever bought ,opened and promptly killed a few minutes later.
He just screamed "kill me" to me for some reason. Those chubby cheeks were placed on the runway of the Flagg ,and blown to bits by a suprise Night Raven attack.
Scoop lasted longer I guess ,but I don't remember doing that much with him either.
I also never hear much about Muskrat either. I always liked him though.

He was a character twice. Died twice. hated twice. By me anyway :D
Airbourne never gets enough screen time if you ask me.

mathewnoz
12-09-2009, 12:54 AM
i always liked topside and stretcher, always need more meds

JohnnyAngel77
12-09-2009, 12:55 AM
I loved these guys too. Stretcher was the only medic I had since I came into Joes around '89/'90.

Threads like these make me want to re-collect all the vintage stuff I had. I miss not having vintage stuff. Maybe my Christmas money I get will go to starting that back up.

PitViper
12-09-2009, 12:57 AM
He was a character twice. Died twice. hated twice. By me anyway :D
Airbourne never gets enough screen time if you ask me.

I agree about Airborne but I think because he was such a phenomenal 25th figure it kinda put the fires out a bit.

Muskrat on the other hand is one of my all time faves...which I still have. Tough looking card art, shotgun, machete and swamp board..great figure.

Super Beast
12-09-2009, 01:00 AM
Repeater. I loved his fig.

Crosshair, mirage and Barrel Roll all needed more comic time I think as well.

Captain STEVEN DePACE
12-10-2009, 01:59 PM
2 Great ones..I have no idea why those 2 in particular arent more popular. Spearhead just seemed to look the part of a great G.I. Joe soldier...wouldve loved em 25th'd

Big Ben is not popular because between 2000 and 2004 he had 4 really terrible figures.

lollololololololo costal defender is from 1987 go back to making decent diostories with the awful use of battlestands!

AMERICAN_Hero7
12-10-2009, 02:16 PM
For me it's...

-Recoil
-Backblast
-Countdown
-Bullhorn

In fact much of the both '89 and '90...

vkat7phish
12-11-2009, 04:22 PM
Definitely dug Repeater and Spearhead. I liked any Joe figure that came with an animal really and a bobcat was a cool choice.

As obscure as he might be, I liked Psyche Out. He and Sci-Fi always fit well together.

Muskrat was also cool. Definitely dug his accessories. He was the Crocodile Dundee character.

I was a big fan of Hardball, the baseball Joe. His grenade launcher was one of my favorite weapons back in the day.

Black Swan
12-11-2009, 04:35 PM
When I first saw this post I thought was about "forgotten" Joes like Captain Jeffries AKA GhostRider. :)
Vehicle driver seem to get no love. Thunder, Tollbooth, Crankcase, Heavy Metal, Payload, Backstop, Fast Draw and Crazy Legs round the obscure Joes for me.

PitViper
12-11-2009, 04:35 PM
Gnawgyhide (spelling) was cool too, now that you mentioned animals...I think its a bit harder to introduce Dreadnoks though. Almost everyone after the core group of Noks to me was forgotten...though I must say as a kid Zanizbar was one of my faves, still have him.

Derek2783
12-11-2009, 05:24 PM
Bullhorn, Salvo, Iceberg, Lightfoot, Hardball, Muskrat, Cross-country, the list could go on and on.

Derek2783
12-11-2009, 05:25 PM

Wow, I did forget about both of those! Topside was one of my favorite Joes ever. Although when I was playing, he wasn't a medic, just a crazy guy in an orange vest and two submachineguns, taking out snakes all day long.

PitViper
12-11-2009, 05:27 PM
Bullhorn, Salvo, Iceberg, Lightfoot, Hardball, Muskrat, Cross-country, the list could go on and on.

THANK YOU! Someone besides me said Lightfoot...I'm suprised he wasnt more popular just for his tread sweeper and helmet alone!

RolandofGilead
12-11-2009, 05:51 PM
My collection didn't make it past 1987 so I have no idea of most of the characters you're all talking about. If you want to talk "forgotten" Joes, then I count the original members. Replaced and outdated by Hasbro and the comics I always wondered what they did at the PIT while all the new guys got to go out and play.

Shadowstepper
12-12-2009, 12:23 AM
I'm pretty new here, but from what I've read here so far, I havent seen alot about Spearhead or Hit & Run.

Dirtbag
12-12-2009, 12:27 AM
Rampart,Repeater,Muskrat and Bullhorn. All great figures always overlooked. Not only that they all came with a nice set of accessories and they look militaristic. Don't forget they all look cool as hell.

samantha
12-12-2009, 09:18 AM
The Fridge. He could have been interesting but he was forgotten.

Menicus
12-12-2009, 10:07 AM
Wasn't Steeler the guy who came with the tank? Can't remember last time I heard anyone talk about him. Oh, and that Firefly guy... never heard from him again... ;)

Jim_Beutel
12-12-2009, 10:16 AM
Samantha, I fully agree about the Fridge. It could have been interesting see him take on a platoon of Vipers.

I always felt bad for some of the original 13 in the comics....they had so much potential for character development that was ignored...Grunt, Zap, Flash, Short Fuze, Grand Slam....totally underused

Lifeline 71
12-12-2009, 10:34 AM
Some of the ones I'd include are Torpedo, Grand Slam, Lifeline, Bazooka, Airtight, Falcon, and Hit & Run.

COBRACOLLECTOR
12-12-2009, 10:39 AM
Topside

I made a custom of him but I rarely here his name spoken

COBRACOLLECTOR
12-12-2009, 10:46 AM
OH and how could I forget one of my all time favorites Zandar

Hasbro gives him no love

PitViper
12-22-2009, 11:56 PM
Probably gonna get kicked in the shin for this....Countdown. Cool Joe, cool accesories.

~Synder Corps.~
12-23-2009, 12:18 AM
Samantha, I fully agree about the Fridge. It could have been interesting see him take on a platoon of Vipers.

I always felt bad for some of the original 13 in the comics....they had so much potential for character development that was ignored...Grunt, Zap, Flash, Short Fuze, Grand Slam....totally underused

Very true. They were all replaced by 2nd rate characters in the cartoon series. That's what really kinda' pisses me off. and it wasn't just the O13, it was also 2nd and 3rd series figures

Stalker- Beachhead
Zap - Bazooka
Grunt - Footloose
Flash/ Grand Slam - (GAH) Sci-Fi
Steeler/ Clutch - Cross Country
Doc- Lifeline
Shorty - Downtown (Years later)
Wild Bill- Lift Ticket
RnR - Basically Roadblock
Breaker - Dialtone/Mainframe

Yeah sure fine, as the organization grew, there's room for more of the same specialties, but not enough attention was given to those who began it.

As for others who have fallen through the cracks,

Hardball, Spearhead, Recoil, Muskie, Fast Draw, Light Foot, Salvo, Lifeline, Stretcher, Dodger, JINX!

Vangto
12-23-2009, 12:41 AM
Downtown, he had some kick ass gear, except for the gay ass red helmet. I ditched that as soon as I got it home and opened it up.
How bout the other HALO jumper....Freefall, he was pretty cool too.

joedelta
12-23-2009, 01:40 AM
the original heavy duty with the backwards cap. not this steriod out dude with the due rag or the british one from ROC (although he was pretty cool in the movie).

JokerFC
12-23-2009, 03:56 PM
the 1990 series had some minor Joes that got major love from me.great series actually......famous ones are Pathfinder and Salvo of course but in addition to these I loved

Rampart
Topside
Freefall
Sub Zero