PDA

View Full Version : 25th sgt. slaughter... hasbro take notes

onefastbird95
03-03-2008, 03:38 PM
I came across this Sgt. Slaughter cutom 25th anniversary figure on ebay. I think it is pretty badass and I give the maker props(don't know if they are a member on the board or not?) I wish hasbro would check this out and take some notes and make a slaughter figure, I really want to see one released!
here is the link http://cgi.ebay.com/G-I-JOE-SGT-SLAUGHTER-25th-anniversary-custom-3-3-4_W0QQitemZ160212540346QQihZ006QQcategoryZ155325QQ ssPageNameZWDVWQQrdZ1QQcmdZViewItem

Hicks_Royel
03-03-2008, 04:47 PM
Hasbro had a custom Slaughter (http://www.hisstank.com/forum/attachment.php?attachmentid=1565&d=1193790779) on display last year at Joecon, I think it was... They essentially used the same formula to make theirs and since then, GI Eddie (http://www.hisstank.com/forum/showthread.php?t=2395&highlight=Custom+Slaughter), and I'm sure several others, have followed their lead.

It's been debated here before and mostly agreed upon that Hasbro would most likely release the figure were they given permission by whoever currently owns the rights to reproduce Slaughters image.

It's even speculated that part of the reason why one of the new DVD packs is being suspended for now is so that Hasbro can obtain the rights to release a Slaughter.

todd_m6d
03-03-2008, 05:10 PM
Mattel won the license to WWE toys, as much as I want to see it, I doubt it'll happen.

Maybe... just maybe... there will be a window of opportunity as longs as Jakks retains the rights to produce the figures before the license expires and Mattel takes over, but I wouldn't hold my breath.

amaro
03-03-2008, 05:26 PM
It might happen as Hasbro can license Sgt. Slaughter from the G.I. Joe cartoon specifically.
And not Sgt. Slaughter the wrestler from WWF/WWE. Mattel retains the rights to that one.

Companies do it all the time.

That's why Gentle Giant and Mezco both have Hellboy action figures coming out.

NECA and Playmates both are producing TMNT figures. NECA from the original comic, Playmates from the cartoon/movie.

CaptainDinobot
03-03-2008, 06:43 PM
It might happen as Hasbro can license Sgt. Slaughter from the G.I. Joe cartoon specifically.
And not Sgt. Slaughter the wrestler from WWF/WWE. Mattel retains the rights to that one.

Companies do it all the time.

That's why Gentle Giant and Mezco both have Hellboy action figures coming out.

NECA and Playmates both are producing TMNT figures. NECA from the original comic, Playmates from the cartoon/movie.

You are correct, lets hope they can give us a Sgt. Slaughter.

Johnnyakiba
03-03-2008, 07:42 PM
AT EASE DESEASE!

We need a Sgt.Slaughter like we need a new president.

RolandofGilead
03-03-2008, 07:46 PM
That bad, huh?

Shin-Gouki
03-03-2008, 07:49 PM
Along with the fact that they were able to do Sarge and Piper at the last two conventions I think we have a good chance.

Oh and let's keep off the Political stuff ok?

Astrokreep
03-03-2008, 10:50 PM
I'm not sure, but I think Sgt Slaughter owns his likeness/gimmick meaning he could license it out to Hasbro if he wanted to. I could be wrong though, as most people who have a "WWE Legends" Contract apparently also had to give up their copyrights to the WWE, he could be one of them that did.

onefastbird95
03-03-2008, 11:25 PM
Is there anyway to contact Sgt. Slaughter (email) and ask him if hasbro has contaced him in reguards to the 25th line? or does hasbro ever answer questions?

Nathan92
03-04-2008, 12:39 AM
His head looks like gung ho's. Is it, but with added on glasses, etc?

the_loud_master
03-04-2008, 12:41 AM
His name is..Legion. For they are...many.

{Kudos if you know what awesome movie villan stated that.}

My point is a lot 'o people made their own Sgt. Slaughter.

Sysiss
03-04-2008, 01:03 AM
Mattel won the license to WWE toys, as much as I want to see it, I doubt it'll happen.

Maybe... just maybe... there will be a window of opportunity as longs as Jakks retains the rights to produce the figures before the license expires and Mattel takes over, but I wouldn't hold my breath.

Mattel doesn't take over the WWE license for another 2 years. Theres ample time to get things done.