PDA

View Full Version : K-Mart to get MANY MORE shipments.

Snake Eyes-Joe Ninja
03-03-2008, 02:01 AM
I went to my local K-Marts in search of SW Evo packs (I was extremely successful, btw), and the K-Mart people told me, after questioning, that they are supposed to get a bunch of Joes, though their section was quite large currently. They were only missing Wave 6 and the black timber SE as far as I could tell. Still, great news!!!

Gung.Heaux
03-03-2008, 02:09 AM
I went to my local K-Marts in search of SW Evo packs (I was extremely successful, btw), and the K-Mart people told me, after questioning, that they are supposed to get a bunch of Joes, though their section was quite large currently. They were only missing Wave 6 and the black timber SE as far as I could tell. Still, great news!!!

is your Kmart charging $8.69 (or even $8.99) for single SW figs? the one "near" where i am is.

Snake Eyes-Joe Ninja
03-03-2008, 02:16 AM
Sorry to say, but I didn't check. If I remember right, the SW figs at the K-Mart near my gf charges 8.99.

Autobot_Goldbug
03-03-2008, 03:13 AM
Sorry to say, but I didn't check. If I remember right, the SW figs at the K-Mart near my gf charges 8.99.

My KMart has Joes for $5.99
Star Wars figs are $8.89

VIPER 48
03-03-2008, 03:16 AM
K mart is stepping up to the plate finally. I have seen alot of figures at k mart lately and not so much at target. I know target will get them in, but right now it is nice to see k mart getting some of my money...I like k mart...

Johnnyakiba
03-03-2008, 12:01 PM
K mart is stepping up to the plate finally. I have seen alot of figures at k mart lately and not so much at target. I know target will get them in, but right now it is nice to see k mart getting some of my money...I like k mart...

I know, who doesn't like the smell & 90's feel of K-Mart? Where everyone knows your name? And their alway's glad you came? Also, your troubles are all the same.

kilowatt
03-03-2008, 12:24 PM
I went to K-mart on a whim today and had a pleasant surprise. I found the first Cobra box set which I had passed on and then later regretted. I must say the store was a mess and can understand why they are no longer that popular. This one looked like it had not be remolded since the 80's.

The Commander
03-03-2008, 12:29 PM
The Kmarts are always a mess around here. I've officially deemed Kmart the 'sleeper store' as I've come across quite a few Joes and SW figs recently. And, since no one ever seems to check them around here, I've always got the best pickin' so to speak. :)

darthZartan
03-03-2008, 12:29 PM
I havn't seen a k-mart in several years. Target seems to have won that battle here hands down.
Targets new motto:
Target; we hate you and don't even think of asking for new stock, scalper.

CaptainDinobot
03-03-2008, 07:40 PM
I would hope this does happen. Could use another store close to me to find GI Joes in other than Walmart. Cant always get to Target.

Wylde Weezle
03-03-2008, 07:48 PM
Gotta love that they haven't changed a thing since 1978 in most of those stores.
We didn't have Target and WalMart near my house in the 80's so most of my Joes and Star Wars figures were bought at K-Mart. I go in there to check for figures and you're right - lots of times you can find something cool.

chickenbroth
03-03-2008, 09:03 PM
The only thing that displeases me about K-mart is the price stickers they put on. It'd be alright if they put them on the bubble, but they don't and I've been unsuccessful with removing them without damage.

VIPER 48
03-03-2008, 09:11 PM
The k mart i went to today had the nicest lady working the toy isle...

hwheels2
03-04-2008, 12:11 AM
empty here.i hope soon.i did just clear them out of the last wave 3s they had 2 days ago tho...

badbrad
03-04-2008, 12:56 AM
My Kmart doesnt use stickers often.

the_loud_master
03-04-2008, 01:00 AM
K marts not bad unless you get beat up near one like I did. The SWs are expensive as hell though!

VIPER 48
03-04-2008, 01:03 AM
K marts not bad unless you get beat up near one like I did. The SWs are expensive as hell though!

You tell me who he is and i will go kick his a**...lol

the_loud_master
03-04-2008, 01:06 AM
You tell me who he is and i will go kick his a**...lol
Dude tht was like in Sept. Plus there were like six of em and they took my crappy phone. But I managed to get my Joe 5 pack! To this day I cant go there wwithout like six of my football team friends.

VIPER 48
03-04-2008, 01:07 AM
Why did they beat you up? Did you know them or just in the wrong place at the wrong time?

the_loud_master
03-04-2008, 01:11 AM
Why did they beat you up? Did you know them or just in the wrong place at the wrong time?
The latter. It wasnt a good idea to be walking there with some headphones in your ears I guess. Plus my friend was there to and he was doing the same. Im pretty okay now. I wasnt expecting to find anything there that day and I was happy to finally find some. And then BOOM! My braces are busted and Im running as fast as I can into a Walgreens. Good times, good times. Happy Tuesday everybody.

VIPER 48
03-04-2008, 01:16 AM
That sucks man. At least you found something for all your trouble...

the_loud_master
03-04-2008, 01:18 AM
That sucks man. At least you found something for all your trouble...
Good thing I believe in karma...And now that K-mart has everything that I want! Including this weirdly packaged Legions pack. It has the legions figs, cobra sigil, all the accesories, and the inside tray but its in the first cobra boxset box. There was like three of em and they were taped up correctly. Weird as hell.

VIPER 48
03-04-2008, 01:26 AM
Yeah, i have 3 k marts in town and all of them have been getting great stuff in lately. But one of them has a legions set, completely empty, even the file cards are gone.

So you found the legion figures in the cobra box, not the legion box. That is strange. Maybe you should pick one up or take a picture and post it sometime...

Just be careful, and don't wear your headphones...

the_loud_master
03-04-2008, 01:30 AM
Yeah, i have 3 k marts in town and all of them have been getting great stuff in lately. But one of them has a legions set, completely empty, even the file cards are gone.

So you found the legion figures in the cobra box, not the legion box. That is strange. Maybe you should pick one up or take a picture and post it sometime...

Just be careful, and don't wear your headphones...
I do have pic. But its on my cell. How do I put it on the net?! ///_0

gunslingercbr
03-04-2008, 01:32 AM
Good thing I believe in karma...And now that K-mart has everything that I want! Including this weirdly packaged Legions pack. It has the legions figs, cobra sigil, all the accesories, and the inside tray but its in the first cobra boxset box. There was like three of em and they were taped up correctly. Weird as hell.
sounds like somebody grabbed a Legions set at clearance, bought the regular set at full-price at K Mart, then swapped the Legions trays in the Cobra box so they can get their full refund on it from K Mart and keep the Cobra figures at essentially clearance price.

VIPER 48
03-04-2008, 01:32 AM
If you have e mail on your phone, you can send it to your email address and save it to your computer. Then you should be able to put it on here, or

If you have a cable, i forgot what it is called, you can download pics from your phone to your computer and go from there...

the_loud_master
03-04-2008, 01:33 AM
sounds like somebody grabbed a Legions set at clearance, bought the regular set at full-price at K Mart, then swapped the Legions trays in the Cobra box so they can get their full refund on it from K Mart and keep the Cobra figures at essentially clearance price.
Dude there was like 5 or four of them! The figs were there. The weapons were there. The cool sigl thingy was there. Somebody tell me how to post cell pics on the net dammit! ///_-;;;

Autobot_Goldbug
03-04-2008, 05:04 AM

That wouldn't make much sense either. They have the same UPCs. Plus KMart did not clearance the 5 packs. Mine still has 2 of each at $24.99.

Snake Eyes-Joe Ninja
03-04-2008, 06:18 AM
Actually, I've heard of the Legions mess up i regular box. Never seen it though.

spiderpumpkin
03-04-2008, 10:12 PM
I've been having a lot of luck finding multiple restocks of wave 5 at a few KM stores here in the Minneapolis area. Most stores are $6.29 or $6.59 but I did find 1 that charges $5.99. I don't mind paying a little more when they have them because I don't pass up Crimson Guards. I've also seen many the Soldier/Officer filler case several times at KM. Saw wave 4 only once at KM.

the_loud_master
03-04-2008, 10:33 PM
http://i177.photobucket.com/albums/w213/drftrboy311/attachment.jpg

swafus
03-04-2008, 10:36 PM
that's a re-pack, no doubt about it

the_loud_master
03-04-2008, 10:38 PM
but 5 of em? why would they repack the legions? wouldnt they just take it and switch for other figs

the_loud_master
03-04-2008, 10:41 PM
That's odd indeed. I don't believe it was switched, i believe it came that way. There is no way anyone would take the time to put all the figures in the wrong case, with their weapons, just to switch a few figures...
it even has the tray and the music thing! When I found it was trying to find the star and annoy the people around me but when I pressed I felt a different plastic. So i check and bam!

VIPER 48
03-04-2008, 10:41 PM
I think it was packaged that way. Who would take the time to switch out all the figures and then put other ones back in with all of their weapons...

Sorry, i edited my post...

CaptainDinobot
03-04-2008, 11:11 PM
I see a good amount of single figures in that pic, at least better than my stores. I think those figures on the left are Dragon Ball Z if I am not mistaken.

the_loud_master
03-04-2008, 11:18 PM
I see a good amount of single figures in that pic, at least better than my stores. I think those figures on the left are Dragon Ball Z if I am not mistaken.
Nope you are not. DBZ's still around for some reason.

RAR
03-04-2008, 11:20 PM
These KMarts - are they Super KMarts or Big KMarts? All I have around me are Big KMarts (not so much!)

Mr. Focus
03-04-2008, 11:29 PM
I think it was packaged that way. Who would take the time to switch out all the figures and then put other ones back in with all of their weapons...

Sorry, i edited my post...

Someone most likely bought a Cobra Legions 5-pack at Target for $6.24 and swapped the entire plastic case for that of the Cobra 5-pack. BOOM...mystery solved!

CaptainDinobot
03-04-2008, 11:30 PM
Nope you are not. DBZ's still around for some reason.

Might have something to do with the live action movie coming out soon.

sgtapon
03-09-2008, 12:36 PM
kmart here joes $6.29, star wars $6.99