PDA

View Full Version : How do you decide in what order you'll display your carded 25th/Modern Joes?

Barefoot Jedi
12-02-2009, 12:11 AM
Myself, I go by wave, Joe then COBRA, and my interpretaton of importance of the character to GIJOE and/or rank.

So, my wall starts out with:

WAVE 1
Snake Eyes
Storm Shadow
Flint
COBRA Commander
COBRA Officer
WAVE 2
Lady J
Beachhead
Serpentor
Buzzer
COBRA Trooper
WAVE 3
Stalker
Shipwreck
Zartan
Firefly
Red Ninja
WAVE 4
Duke
Scarlett
Roadblock
Gung Ho
COBRA Commander
Destro
Storm Shadow
Air Trooper
WAVE 5
Snake Eyes
Snow Job
Flash
Destro
Crimson Guard

Et cetera...

I've thought about putting them in order of original release, and that would start with Wave 5 Snake-Eyes, Wave 4 Scarlett, Wave 3 Stalker, etc. and then just filling in the "new" ones like the Red Ninja and Air Trooper where it seemed logical.

MeLikeJinx
12-02-2009, 03:36 AM
You think this would be an easy question, but surprisingly it takes me forever to arrange them. For me It is a question of rank, personal favorites, and figure quality. The only locks are (wave 9) Hawk in the center flanked by (2nd Joe 5 Pack) Flint and Duke on each side; and then (2nd Joe 5 Pack) Lady Jaye next to Flint and Scarlett next to Duke. After that it gets really hard for me. LOL. But event though it pains me I always stick the crappier looking figs in the back regardless of how much I like them (like my poor CP Falcon, lol).

Hicks_Royel
12-02-2009, 04:42 AM
Yeah, that's pretty much how I do things: Wave Release, Joe then Cobra but from there I just go by alphabetical order.

samantha
12-02-2009, 06:08 AM
I opened all of my cards. I display my collection in theme layouts.

Unclassified
12-02-2009, 06:24 AM
well mine are just tossed up on the wall, but one day i will put them in order as they are on the back of the cards. but i'm lazy...

Headman
12-02-2009, 06:34 AM
Same way as everything else in my life. Completely random.

Jinx723
12-02-2009, 06:14 PM
I opened all of my cards. I display my collection

Same here, I never understood the whole MOC collecting. Hey whatever makes you happy, YO JOE!!!

Clutch
12-02-2009, 11:30 PM
The only locks are (wave 9) Hawk in the center flanked by (2nd Joe 5 Pack) Flint and Duke on each side; and then (2nd Joe 5 Pack) Lady Jaye next to Flint and Scarlett next to Duke.
That is exactly how I center my Joes on display lol

theohiostateguy
12-02-2009, 11:41 PM
For my carded ones, I put them in the order they appear on the back of the package.

As for my loose ones, Joes are together, Cobras are together. I usually start with a leader at the center of the shelf, and work my way out. Example: Cobra Commander is at the center, with Storm Shadow on one side and maybe a Crimson Guard or Destro on the other. Next to Destro would be Baroness, and next to SS would be Mindbender......

It's to the point though that in order to display the figures, I need to push more together.

USAgent
12-02-2009, 11:49 PM
Cobras on one shelf (no duplicates allowed!) Command staff elevated about the troops (except Serpentor, he leads from the front/middle) D-listers (Big Boa, FireFly, Scarp-Iron, etc. etc.) off to the side 2nd Shelf: My Joe Strike team (just the favorites; no duplicates: so just 20 guys/gals) right next to the 'Noks arranged in-front-of and over a flipped over Vamp... And a 3rd shelf for the movie team (just the main cast)

http://i877.photobucket.com/albums/ab340/Hordak/Toys%202/003.jpg

arashikage tat
12-02-2009, 11:56 PM
All my carded ones aren't currently displayed because I don't have the room right now. However all my loose ones are usually arranged in some dio scene or something that was either from a scene in the Sunbow series that I was trying to recreate or something from the way I used them in my childhood.

Once I get the carded ones back on display it is usually just goes in order of what figures I think look good next to each other. So in other words like Headman said "completely random"

cobralalalala!
12-03-2009, 12:23 AM
Well, eventually, when I have the space to display my carded figs I supposes I will go according to affiliation, Joes on one side, Cobras on the other, troopers in one group, Dreadnoks, etc.. Then I will probably rearrange them several times until I find the right formula.

JohnnyAngel77
12-03-2009, 12:28 AM
Is that a Dell XPS 700 series I see? I had the 700 when it came out for a while. It's a beast. It actually took up too much space and made my room really warm all the time. So I had to return it and got a mega beefed up 420.

Sorry for getting off topic.

Monkeywrench
12-03-2009, 12:32 AM
I'm a loose collector. I display my joe figures by the original year that the fig came out. The duplicates and randomness are boxed up. My Cobras are displayed by faction. High Command first(like CC, Destro, Zartan etc etc). Seconday named figures next(like Scrap Iron, Wraith etc etc). Then I display all the troops(BATS, Vipers, EELs etc etc.)

DJ KAM
12-06-2009, 07:21 PM
I'm a loose collector myself, but I like to try and display them by chain of command. Duke, Hawk, Flint etc. in the front.

the odinson
12-06-2009, 07:37 PM
open them beeyothches up.

joedelta
12-06-2009, 07:46 PM
well mine are just tossed up on the wall, but one day i will put them in order as they are on the back of the cards. but i'm lazy...

at least you put them up, i throw mine in tubberware bins lol

ironknife
12-06-2009, 07:59 PM
Cobras on one shelf (no duplicates allowed!) Command staff elevated about the troops (except Serpentor, he leads from the front/middle) D-listers (Big Boa, FireFly, Scarp-Iron, etc. etc.) off to the side 2nd Shelf: My Joe Strike team (just the favorites; no duplicates: so just 20 guys/gals) right next to the 'Noks arranged in-front-of and over a flipped over Vamp... And a 3rd shelf for the movie team (just the main cast)

the glass on that hisstank looks black and if so how did you do that?

arch2b
12-06-2009, 08:14 PM
mine are in protectors and safe in a footlocker, not to be taken out until my kids are old enough to appreciate them.

~Synder Corps.~
12-06-2009, 08:18 PM
My Cobras are all grouped together since I am a minimal Army Builder. all the Vipers, Bats, etc, all in as close of a square as possible, with the Command Heirarchy in front.

Joes, I switch them around all the time. Sometimes by year of original Release(Character wise) then rank/Grade, or I'll go by Rank/Grade then year.

Of course, I'n my Joe dio-verse, a lot are different ranks/grades than before. All the Original 13 are now E-6 or higher, a few have been dropped down since their more like Contracted soldiers per/ mission (IE: Alpine... Who needs a Mountaineer if a mission is needed in the plains)

Others can stay at their rank if their placed at a full-time position (Snow Job ((Still E-6 rather than the RoC demotion to E-5))is on Pitt Security except during arctic missions)

Flint became a Commisioned officer at E8 to replace Duke at O4

All non military personell (Shockwave, Helix, Trakker) are at E4 level, but aren't required to follow command structure.

Then finally, all non U.S. Military on the roster are given their equivelent ranks (O-3 Captain Red Star- Russian Navy, O-4 Major Logan- Royal Canadian Air Force)

But that's just me.

~Synder Corps.~
12-06-2009, 08:22 PM
Oh yeah, then all the varients are positioned by team then Favorites, except the multitude of Snake Eyes and Storm Shadows that are seperated with the SEs on the Right, SSs on the left of their square/rectangle