PDA

View Full Version : Confussed

salaciouscray31
03-01-2008, 10:52 AM
How are you guys able to find all of these GI JOE figs when I live around several TOYs R US', Targets and K-Marts and never see "New Wave 6.7.8.9...etc."? I don't live in the boonies, yet I don't see what you guys see. Is it possible you guys order stuff online versus purchasing them at the stores? I need answers.

Johnnyakiba
03-01-2008, 10:57 AM
I NEVER find em' brotha! I do not know why so many people get these figures other than the fact that they work at the store or order them online.

Porkchop Sandwiches
03-01-2008, 10:57 AM
I have never bought a Joe online. I am very diligent in my hunts. Whenever a place that has Joes is on the way to wherever I'm going I try to make a pit stop. I have everything out except Bat Arm CC and Torpedo. Go to Wal-Marts very early is some advice I can give.

Blowtorch
03-01-2008, 11:34 AM
I don't know how it happens either. I do know I'll look where I can. (ie Wal-Mart, Target, K-Mart and TRU) Sometimes I'll look before going into work. Usually it's a hit or miss. The last figures I got Snow Job, Crimson Guard, IG Destro and Snake Eyes and I got them at Wal-Mart at around 5:00 pm. Flash I got from ebay. I still haven't found the wave 2 comics packs. (or any other wave for that matter) I love the Ohio Sightings post where the poster says "I found wave 3 in Dayton" Yeah that helps how about telling us Where in Dayton. So don't get to upset about not finding them you will just be patient. Sometimes the dreaded ebay helps.

AirborneRigger
03-01-2008, 11:41 AM
I've been lucky to find nearly everything at Walmart, Target, TRU, or Kmart. The only figures I've bought online are the SDCC Pimp Daddy Destros(Imperial Outpost- $17 each) and the Wave 3 Yellow Stalker and Shark Tattoo Shipwreck(Ebay-$12 each)

Shogi
03-01-2008, 02:27 PM
I've gotten everything except for 1 set of wave 1 comics (I wanted Doc soon) and PDD from retail stores.

Now I am a bit lucky as I live in an area with 4 towns/cities withing 30 minutes of each other and I work in the next town over. I too, will hit most stores that are on the way to my job.

Lately I've been hitting Wal-marts around 10pm-10:30pm on Tuesday nights. In the past two weeks I've seen and opened cases for wave 3 comics and wave 6 singles by following this schedule. Typically at the first store I hit. With Wave 6 I had to go to the second Wal-Mart to score (The first had 2 empty cases)

I've been told by a Target employee that they get trucks every Monday, Wednesday and Friday. (I've had the best luck at Targets on Modays and Fridays) I've also read other members here (Who work at Target) post that when they stock the shelves, they stock them first thing in the morning, then at 11am they run through, get an quick inventory and restock (If they have any left) by noon (I believe this since I found a full case of wave 5 a month ago at Target around 1pm)

Be diligent, check sightings threads for states around you (To see what's shipping where, IE: Wave 6 is just now hitting Wal-Marts, Wave 5 seems to be re-hitting Target right now, etc....) and you should be alright

slim19722
03-01-2008, 02:40 PM
I only bought online once, when the fig's first came out. Since then I've bought everything at retail(all of singles 1-5 and comic packs 1-3 and all 3 boxed sets). Mainly WM & Target, with a few purchases at TRU. In my area they days to check are during the week, in the morning time. I have never saw any new stuff on the weekends. Target 's days to check, is Mon or Tues & Thurs or Friday's. WM Thurs or Fridays. TRU could be anywhere from Weds to Fridays.

gunslingercbr
03-01-2008, 02:58 PM
yes, it is certainly possible (and an undoubted fact) that some people order online, but the only reason they are hard to find at stores is because other people are buying them first -- inherently meaning that they are being bought at stores and not online by a great many people as well.

riverlos
03-01-2008, 03:10 PM
The only Joe I bought online (BBTS) was destro/breaker CPW2.. then everything else has been either on Target or WM.. 2 or 3 fig. at TRUS... but my advice to you is go early in the day if you can that seem like it has work the best for me. Also it helps out if you have other member from here helping you out too.. I've met like 3 members from here and we help each other out to look for stuff and when ever you can and have the time too go out and hunt for them.

Tazocin
03-01-2008, 03:18 PM
lucky you guys. i bought everything online.

GI JOES here in the philippines is like Php 700-800 or $18-$20 a fig. and crimson guard was like $25 dollar converted.

so in my case, i'd go online.

Twnbrother
03-01-2008, 03:39 PM
I use the Texas sighting for my guide. If they are spotted in Dallas, then I can usually find them two days later here in El Paso... kinda my pattern. Good Luck

Sy-Rein
03-01-2008, 04:16 PM
I've gotten everything online. But thats mostly because I live in Canada and we are just now starting to see some figs here.

Gung.Heaux
03-01-2008, 04:23 PM
theres got to be a portion of luck. i do not order online...i WILL NOT pay ebay prices. i dont even "hunt". i go to a walmart near where i work twice a week, stopping in to pick up something for lunch......i go to the ones near my home maybe twice a week, and thats once going there for groceries and other crap. if i go there just for shts and giggles to see whats there, ill hit target too.
ive been pretty lucky thus far...although not too luck with snowjob or flash yet.

xhairs
03-01-2008, 04:24 PM
i just get luckie as we get 1 set of new figs then you never see them agin lol.

Magick
03-01-2008, 04:38 PM
there is also the chance that it's the distribution. If the managers of those depts. are not ordering new cases, due to peg warmers... then that could be a problem.

As for Toys R Us... it seems lately that they are the slow man on the totem pole. they are behind several waves compared to Wal-mart, Target..etc.

I am lucky enough to know the toy Dept. manager at Wal Mart here in town.. so she orders stuff for me and lets me know when they arrive.

It's also good to know when the new stuff arrives at the stores. Target usually gets there new stuff on Wed. and Wal-mart is hit or miss, but usually gets their stuff in on Thurs and Fri.

That is about all the help I can give you. Good luck on your searches. Oh.. and it's also not uncommon for people here to pick up figs for other Tankers who are having trouble finding them. All you have to do it ask. ; )

Commtech
03-01-2008, 05:34 PM
...i dont even "hunt". i go to a walmart near where i work twice a week, stopping in to pick up something for lunch......i go to the ones near my home maybe twice a week, and thats once going there for groceries and other crap. if i go there just for shts and giggles to see whats there, ill hit target too...

I'm sorry, but THAT IS "HUNTING". No matter how cool you may want to make it sound, YOU DO HUNT! And there's nothing wrong with it.

salaciouscray31
03-01-2008, 06:11 PM
I cannot understand why you can find Star Wars by the boat load ,yet the same company that makes them short pack all the Joes. Its like they get 5 boxes of Star Wars and 1/2 a box of Joes. All full of peg warmers too. One target had like 7 stalkers, 1 Serpo, 5 Ship wreckers and 4 Buzzheads. What gives?

Shogi
03-01-2008, 07:20 PM
I cannot understand why you can find Star Wars by the boat load ,yet the same company that makes them short pack all the Joes. Its like they get 5 boxes of Star Wars and 1/2 a box of Joes. All full of peg warmers too. One target had like 7 stalkers, 1 Serpo, 5 Ship wreckers and 4 Buzzheads. What gives?

Two things I'd like to point out:

1. Right now, Star Wars is a much more reconiseable brand name than GI Joe, so it sells more and stores order more product

2. If you follow Star Wars, you'll start to notice that they have many of the same problems GI Joe does in terms of new figures. (EX: There are 2 waves from 2008 of single figures out so far for GI Joe and Star Wars. Thus far I have seen GI Joe wave 1 and 2 two times at retail. The excat same can be said for Star Wars too) Sure there are more figures, and most of them are the equivalent of GI Joe's wave 3 Revision 3 that everyone seems to be complaining about clogging the shelves

dasaffe
03-01-2008, 07:33 PM
Wal-Mart, TRU and K-Mart are non-factors in Portland.

Target and Fred Meyer are good.

So I follow the national sightings. If it looks like something's hitting Wal-Mart nationwide, then I start checking Fred Meyer, since they sometimes get a distro bump right about the same time.

Otherwise, I'll wait until someone reports that they've shown up at Target, then I keep my eyes peeled while getting cat litter and the like on the weekends.

Besides the figures you want, it's important to look for the figures you don't want in a wave.

For instance, I noticed an excess of Hooded Cobra Commanders and Shipwrecks popping up at Targets in January. Those are repacks in the Wave 5/08.1 case.

So I kept my eyes peeled, and low and behold: black Snake Eyes. I cruised that Sunday to a couple more Targets and pow: Crimson Guard.

Okay, so Wave 5 is hitting... I checked the Target on my way to work (quite a ways West) early in the morning: bam. Full wave 5.

Other than dumb luck, that's the only way I've been able to find in-demand toys at retail.

A little sleuthing goes a long way.

I also can't say how important it is for people to post their findings on the sightings boards. Those are a great help.

SnakeEyes
03-02-2008, 04:00 AM
Well, I just got pissed and brought the issue up to my local WM store manager. About a week later, yesterday actually, I found 3 cases worth of wave 6. Now I'm afraid they're gonna OVERSTOCK and I'll never see wvs 7 and beyond! You can't win for losing I guess!

dasaffe
03-02-2008, 12:19 PM
You'll be fine.

This line is actually selling through pretty well. Even the crappy wave 1 comic packs disappear eventually.

Blowtorch
03-02-2008, 12:39 PM
You'll be fine.

This line is actually selling through pretty well. Even the crappy wave 1 comic packs disappear eventually.

Yeah I think it is too. Besides I think it's just luck on where and when you find them. Like I said in an earlier post I picked up an IG Destro, Crimson Guard, Snake Eyes and Snow Job (Flash was there too, but I had him) around 5 pm so I must have got there right after they were put out.

CGG( CC( BBB)CGG(

tile_mcgillus
03-02-2008, 12:46 PM
I order online now. I have given up the hunt. It is soooo time consuming and frustrating that when you finally find the figures you realized you paid about 30 bucks each in gas and time etc. I usually Ebay the figures. I end up paying around 10-12 dollars a figure. I am perfectly fine with that. I am completly up to date with everything that is out and I didn't have to visit Wal-Mart (the worst place on earth) to do it!

Each his own. If you enjoy the hunt, do it. I absolutely do not. So I go online and it is very easy smooth and quick.

Michael Jade
03-02-2008, 09:10 PM
I buy pretty much everything from BBTS. Though as i staed in another thread I hit target and Toys R Us a few times a week and sometimes get lucky. I also go to Monster Comics and Amoktime 9www.amoktime.com) since they are in dirving distance and pick up a figure or two that way.

mttlg
03-02-2008, 09:58 PM
Even the crappy wave 1 comic packs disappear eventually.
I'll believe that when I see it. The same lone Duke/CC comic pack has been manning the pegs at my nearest Wal-Mart for two months now. I hear it's next in line for Assistant Manager.

Dark 5cythe
03-02-2008, 09:58 PM
Well, I work at the store, Order online, have friends who work at other stores and stop by a store if i get the chance. They are in stores, but gi joe collectors have a strong.....um scalper/hoarding/customizing/army building fan base. So extra figures are snagged when ever people get a chance, for any of those reasons.

Add to the fact that I and many others, grab figures for their friends and that leaves ZERO for the lazy collector lol