PDA

View Full Version : Who would you like to see in POC categories?

Baron Samedi
11-17-2009, 03:57 PM
POC is coming, and it looks promising. I can hardly wait to get my hands on those.

I like the idea of the "environment-specific" figures and vehicles. It makes sense to me. It always did kind of suck having just a couple of guys here and there for the snow, desert, or whatever. Even still, I always used to wish I had Joes that could go on desert, winter, or urban missions in different uniforms.

So, who would you like to see in those areas? Perhaps Hasbro overlooked some of the characters for those locations, and you think that it's "That Joe" or "That Cobra" suitable for the location. Who would they be?

CITY STRIKE:

Alley-Viper
Headman
Headhunter
Law & Order
Tunnel Rat
Mutt & Junkyard

DESERT AMBUSH:

Dusty
Sand-Viper
Desert Scorpion
Spirit

JUNGLE ASSAULT:

Range-Viper
Pathfinder
Stalker
Gnawgahyde
Spearhead and Max

Personally, I like the POC direction. Kinda gives you something to have "where ever there is trouble"...

Zoltron
11-17-2009, 04:00 PM
I think a Sand viper would be really easy to do

Just a Night Adder head on a impact armor body.

Baron Samedi
11-17-2009, 04:06 PM
I think a Sand viper would be really easy to do

Just a Night Adder head on a impact armor body.

That wouldn't be so bad... maybe give him some goggles or something, the head holes kinda bothered me... but I could kitbash and do that.

You may have also inspired someone to do a custom.

You see- this is how ideas are born. Hasbro won't make it? FINE. I will.

Troynos
11-17-2009, 04:17 PM
I'm loving the idea PoC brings and directions it enables Hasbro to go with the Joe line.

Jungle Assault:
Muskrat
Tunnel Rat
Spirit

City Strike:
Mutt
Mayday
Surefire

The Range-Viper that's coming with the Whirlwind is Jungle Assault. Ace is Arctic Threat, Sandstorm is Desert Ambush and Elite Viper with the Trouble Bubble is City Strike.

Next environments?

Aquatic
Aerial

samjjones
11-17-2009, 04:34 PM
A semi-realistically done "Space" set would be nice.

Loose Cannon
11-17-2009, 04:42 PM
The possibilities are endless but I hope that it catches on.

Jungle:

Gung-Ho
Muskrat
Pathfinder
Claymore
Leatherneck
Nunchuck
Wreckage
Sabertooth
Footloose
Salvo
Bazooka (Non jersey)
Rock'n'Roll

Skullbuster
Guillotine
Major Bludd
Urzor
Cobra Mortal
Cobra Invasor
NIGHT VIPER!!

City Strike:

Mercer
Lowlight
Sure-Fire
Mace
Jinx
Law
Barricade
Breaker(Not abel shaz!)
Zap

Blackout
Interrogator
Overkill
Overlord
Crimson guard Immortal

Desert:

Grid-Iron
Spearhead
Cover-Girl(If they bring back Storm Shadow they can bring her back)
Short-Fuze

I say bring back the orignal 13 and mix them in with different environments. They are long overdue for makeovers. and guys like Grand-Slam or Zap or Short-Fuze or Steeler really need it. Grunt sort of was desert before, and Clutch. Short Fuse was Night Force before and maybe that can become City Strike.

What will really happen is we'll just get Duke; Ripcord and Snake-Eyes in every one with one random got to have figure.

Beckley
11-17-2009, 05:17 PM
I just hope they keep bringing back old Joes instead of creating new ones, they can be totally updated for their enviornments, and look nothing like the original, just give them the same name!
If they do new City Strike- Barricade, Bullhorn, and Bulletproof.
Jungle- Pathfinder, Ambush, etc.
Hell, if you need a new Navy Seal, call him Tracker!
No new medics! Doc, Lifeline, and Stretcher are enough
No new females, give us Jinx and Bombstrike!

Joseph
11-17-2009, 05:22 PM
I'm fine with all the ideas put forward in regards to those characters that have not been made yet in the modern style. However, just because the movie came along and it went from ARAH to RoC and now PoC, I don't want new versions of figures that I already have. I can understand keeping the main characters on the pegs (even though I find it silly) but this new wave coming out has Snow Job in an artic uniform. Well, I have one of those. I'm not going to buy any RoC/PoC that doesn't fit into the look and feel of the 25th line and I'm certainly not going to start my collection all over again because they can't bring themselves to release new characters that were from the ARAH line and keep putting previously released characters in new waves. Hasbro simply isn't making this shift in prioritiy attractive to me, at all. Didn't like the movie, I don't care for the new "more realistic" design and Hasbro really isn't making any effort to take collectors like myself into consideration.

Baron Samedi
11-17-2009, 05:22 PM
Next environments?

Aquatic
Aerial

I found myself wondering why they didn't do this to start with. It may be some folks' cup of tea... not mine, but I can see how it would catch on. Of course, summer is coming soon... and we'll probably get our boats and subs for the kids.

I'd definately like to see that. Lots of Joes to work with. We're only getting the "Land" out of "Land, Sea, and Air".

Of course, we'd have to get some good aircraft... and so far the only promising item is the Helicopter with Wild Bill.

babygotbackup
11-18-2009, 12:59 AM
a semi-realistically done "space" set would be nice.

read this hasbro.

macstavern
11-18-2009, 01:04 AM
i would LOVE TO SEE a semi realistic space set, i really dig the poc alot more then roc, i hope we will have an easier time getting these!!!

Baron Samedi
11-18-2009, 12:18 PM
I would like to actually see vehicles geared toward the environments. I know we have a few already, but hear me out:

DESERT AMBUSH
AWE-Striker
VAMP
Ferret ATV
APC
CAT

CITY STRIKE
STUN
Thunder Machine

ARCTIC THREAT
WOLF

And the space scene could have the Defiant

Jinx723
11-18-2009, 05:06 PM
Does it really matter? Reading the 5th Q & A thread it seems like POC is being pushed back to summer. Please with all the whining I read, Hasbro couldn't make 1% of collectors happy. I'm just glad with what we have gotten in the past 2.5 years