PDA

View Full Version : Is the Doctor rare or hard to find?

KobraKahn
09-20-2009, 12:17 PM
This guy was so awesome in the movie, I'm just curious, is he easy to find?

The Delta
09-20-2009, 12:25 PM
i think he is more harder to find due to the way hasbro sent out the waves and assortments(wave 1 assortment 1/wave 1 assortment 2 etc).give it time and you should see plently on the shelves when stores start clearing out their storerooms.

safocommander
09-20-2009, 12:32 PM
Practically: Hard-to-find and rare is the same, but to answer your question, yes.

Shogi
09-20-2009, 12:41 PM
He's only hard to find right now because he's fairly new (there has been a newer wave out since he first hit shelves)

Give it time and he'll be as common as most of the others, heck, I remember when everyone was saying Pit Commando was super rare and hard to find....one's been warming the peg at my TRU for about 2 weeks or longer now..

This is a movie line, there aren't really going to be any "rare" figures like we saw with the 25th line (IE: Yellow Stalker, Black Timber SE, etc...)

Jay West
09-20-2009, 01:00 PM
The issue is stores' pegs are packed with the earlier stuff. There's probably as many Doctors as there are Neo Viper figures. The difference is the Neo Vipers are clogging the pegs and the Doctors are setting in a warehouse somewhere.

BadWolf
09-20-2009, 01:09 PM
The issue is stores' pegs are packed with the earlier stuff. There's probably as many Doctors as there are Neo Viper figures. The difference is the Neo Vipers are clogging the pegs and the Doctors are setting in a warehouse somewhere.

and like my local Walmart they keep refilling the pegs with the first two assortments!

SVantley
09-20-2009, 01:41 PM
He's only hard to find right now because he's fairly new (there has been a newer wave out since he first hit shelves)

Give it time and he'll be as common as most of the others, heck, I remember when everyone was saying Pit Commando was super rare and hard to find....one's been warming the peg at my TRU for about 2 weeks or longer now..

This is a movie line, there aren't really going to be any "rare" figures like we saw with the 25th line (IE: Yellow Stalker, Black Timber SE, etc...)

I can't find any pit commando and where have all the Ripcords in delta 6 suits gone?

Konigstiger
09-20-2009, 01:55 PM
Practically: Hard-to-find and rare is the same, but to answer your question, yes.

Actually, they're not. Banana Republic Stalker is rare. Right now Rex is just hard to find.

Jay West
09-20-2009, 02:12 PM
and like my local Walmart they keep refilling the pegs with the first two assortments!

Yeah I don't think the Doctors are even at the store level yet. I work at a Target and we have quite a few ROC figures in the back, but they are the earlier waves and we have to keep putting them out before we get new stuff. I think the Doctors are in distribution centers or still at Hasbro.

Viper Commando
09-20-2009, 02:23 PM

That's because the Walmart toy buyers went crazy and ordered way too much of the first two waves. Now most stores haven an over abundance of these two waves stuffed in the back room.

Additionally, most US Walmart stores are now on this "backroom" program that is similar to the one used by Target. New figures won't start coming in until the back stock is sold. Any stores carrying new figures either sold wave 1 &2 figures like hotcakes or as I suspect are just manually ordering figures to appease the frustrated collectors.

Phweep
09-20-2009, 02:24 PM
I have seen the good Doctor at TRU and Target. It is all relative to hopw high the turnover is in your area. Here in North Austin where there are essentially two Toys R Us', the 2 for 10 sale cleaned up a lot of the riff raff on the pegs. I went back the next scheduled delivery day and there were 4 Doctor's on the pegs. So he is out there; the problem is simply moving the old stuff out of the way first. I am on the hunt for the white coat now....

homer_sapien
09-20-2009, 03:03 PM
My area sucks for the Joe stuff. We get collection 1 waves 1 & 2 plus collection 2 wave 1 over and over. I've seen collection 1 wave 2 (Hawk/Helix/Pit Commando wave) show up now and then. I've never seen collection 1 wave 3 (arctic SE/PP Baroness/Doctor) show up in any store near me.

Shogi
09-20-2009, 04:48 PM
I have seen the good Doctor at TRU and Target. It is all relative to hopw high the turnover is in your area. Here in North Austin where there are essentially two Toys R Us', the 2 for 10 sale cleaned up a lot of the riff raff on the pegs. I went back the next scheduled delivery day and there were 4 Doctor's on the pegs. So he is out there; the problem is simply moving the old stuff out of the way first. I am on the hunt for the white coat now....

This is what happened at my TRU too. Apparently last week there were 3 white coats at that store (By the time I got there someone had snatched them all up, all I saw was one nano viper) I've seen a few of the Doctor at this store including the one I picked up a few weeks back

slim19722
09-20-2009, 05:06 PM
My TRU has restocked maybe twice since the last sale(pegs were almost empty before the sale) and they restocked with the Rex wave & Helix wave one time each. Target hasn't restocked in months because all they have is loads of wave 1 & 2, same as Wal-Mart, although I did find Arctic Snake Eyes, PP Baroness, and black coat Doctor awhile ago.

dcooper
09-20-2009, 05:51 PM
I have seen one out in the wild. Actually it never made it to the wild because I picked it clean from the box. The other 2 I have is the white coat(trade) and another black coat(pickup from a friend in Texas)

Blueman
09-20-2009, 07:57 PM

That's because the Walmart toy buyers went crazy and ordered way too much of the first two waves. Now most stores haven an over abundance of these two waves stuffed in the back room.

Additionally, most US Walmart stores are now on this "backroom" program that is similar to the one used by Target. New figures won't start coming in until the back stock is sold. Any stores carrying new figures either sold wave 1 &2 figures like hotcakes or as I suspect are just manually ordering figures to appease the frustrated collectors.

My area sucks for the Joe stuff. We get collection 1 waves 1 & 2 plus collection 2 wave 1 over and over. I've seen collection 1 wave 2 (Hawk/Helix/Pit Commando wave) show up now and then. I've never seen collection 1 wave 3 (arctic SE/PP Baroness/Doctor) show up in any store near me.

I've been to about half a dozen Fail-Marts and one Target in the past week and half. This is what I see. And when this line first came out, I actually thought things would be better in my area. WRONG!! I have to even catch a glimpse of the Dr. wave anywhere.

But, like I've said in the past, I mush live in the center of the blackhole of GIJoe distribution in Missouri, and my town has a distribution center! So I'm sure plenty of cases of this wave have passed thru here, just none on the way to any of the WMs close to me.

sharky
09-20-2009, 09:00 PM
Well if you define rare is a limited total quantity made, then no it's not rare. Hard to find is a matter of where you live it seems. I have not seen it in the wild, but my area is one of last to get anything for the most part. I have heard of one report in my area where someone found this wave at one TRU and that's it.