PDA

View Full Version : Great tragedy...

Harry Flashman
09-05-2009, 03:42 AM
So, I hit up TRU yesterday and found a few Joes I've been looking for: Red Fang Ninja, Arctic Storm Shadow, etc.

I bring them home, play with them for a bit on the couch, then answer a work-related phone call, only to come back to THIS happy girl staring back at me, surrounded by Joe parts:

http://i24.photobucket.com/albums/c9/ratrat_1979/n619903991_1186316_5793.jpg

That's my dog Maia and she tore my new Joes apart! She liked Red Fang so much that she ripped his head off and snapped his katanas. She also mauled his legs. This was seriously in the space of a minute or two. It's my own fault, shouldn't of left him out. *Sigh*

Anyone ever had a dog destroy a toy? This is not my first. A minty Dr. Mindbender lost a hand to one of my dogs a few years ago.

I love my dog, so it doesn't really matter. Toys are just plastic. Broke my heart a little, though. Maia obviously didn't feel the same way.

She was all tail wags about it.

Blaster'spunchingbagg
09-05-2009, 03:46 AM
No, my dogs behave or else they get reprimanded, but your dog is very cute. How old is she?

Harry Flashman
09-05-2009, 03:47 AM
She's almost one. We've actually got four dogs, and Maia is the only one who does stuff like this. She's still a pup, learning the ropes.

MAJOR BLOOD
09-05-2009, 03:49 AM
Somebody missed you. That sucks about the toys but as long as the girl is ok then they are replaceable. She looks like a 3 3/4" slayer. You should get her a might muggs.

My mutt won't even go near my toys luckily.

sonofdestro
09-05-2009, 04:31 AM
My dogs pass on the Joes and eat the wife's expensive designer shoes. My doberman also has some type of intense hatred or love for throw pillows.

dmizrok
09-05-2009, 05:42 AM
Custom made battle damage lol
My old dog did this to a McFarlane Ozzy fig of mine awhile back...When I was a kid, my family dog mauled Thrasher so I replaced his mangled hand with a BAT arm

mikevoltz
09-05-2009, 07:12 AM
yeah. I've lost a few good men and a helicopter to a dog.. it was a sad sad day!

Raginspoon
09-05-2009, 07:20 AM
not to a dog but my cat chewed up my antenna on my awe striker.

Shogi
09-05-2009, 07:25 AM

One of my cats did the exact same thing!

The worst part? Out of the 2-3 Awe Strikers that were all sitting next to each other, my cat decided the vintage ones were to be chewed, left the new ones completely alone!

Dealer Destro
09-05-2009, 07:43 AM
I once caught my Doberman going in and out of my "Joe room" and was wondering wtf he was doing. As he skated by me I saw the blue arm to one of my Cobra troopers hanging out of his mouth..... the bastard was taking only my troopers and making a pile of them by the couch.... he didn't chew them up thank god but it was pretty funny. He was all twitchy and sitting down when I caught him and I had to laugh.... dogs, especially big ones, crack me up.

chopsooie
09-05-2009, 07:45 AM
I had a cat that ate Yoda. All I found was his little feet.
Chopz

bover29
09-05-2009, 07:53 AM
I almost had a similar thing happen to me with some Joes that I had purchased on Ebay. While eagerly waiting the arrival of my newly aquired 25th Foil Carded Snow Job, Stalker, Cobra Air Trooper and Cobra Officer, I came home from work one day and found in the front yard a box all by its lonesome. As I got closer I could see the box had been clearly chewed on. It was none other than one of our chocolate labs. I quickly stooped the car yelling at dogs left and right while rescuing the box from harms way. I inspected the box and they had stopped tearing up the box just before they got to my innocent Joes. All was fine, thankfully! Yo Joe!

Crimson Rage
09-05-2009, 08:07 AM
Jack Russells are the worst! I had two, both gone now, and the girl always used to disappear in the back and return with a Joe in her mouth. She'd just stare at me with the legs hanging between her teeth, urging to be chased. Mischievious little begger!
Never actually ate any though.

trooper2901
09-05-2009, 08:22 AM
Do little sisters count? When we were little I had just got the whale for xmas . I had everything out playing w/ cutter, I remember mom calling and when I came back cutters head was gone! We had went to the ER and low and behold she ate his head. My sister was fine and cutters head came and went, but everytime I see a cutter fig it brings me back.lol. - mark

samantha
09-05-2009, 08:46 AM
I am sad to hear your figures got chewed, but the dog looks so cute that I don't think you could punish him.

txbart
09-05-2009, 08:50 AM
Anyone ever had a dog destroy a toy?

Yep! That turd over there in my avatar tore up a Helix figure most recently, and plenty of other things in the past. All I can do is laugh, since his behavior is my own damn fault. I'd rather have him than any toy, so he gets a free pass.

Dirtbag
09-05-2009, 09:12 AM
Sorry about your figures but you're doggy is too horribly cute to not comment on it. I love dogs.

Sergeant Major
09-05-2009, 09:20 AM
That sucks, man!

My cat doesn't bite stuff....instead, he practices his slap shot and knocks any loose part under the fridge.

HE SHOOTS, HE SCOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOORES!

sharke
09-05-2009, 09:24 AM
HA! happened to me all the time!

mine are good and smart enough to know the difference between my toys and theirs (further proof that dogs are geniuses IMO).

that being said, w/ each new dog I get I figure 2-5 figures gone. just goes w/ the territory...and as said, toys are plastic

Jediorc
09-05-2009, 09:28 AM
Believe it or not, I have to worry about my cat's more than my dog. They love anything that is pointy like swords, lightsaber's, guns or missiles.

viper540
09-05-2009, 09:34 AM
one of my labs took out my bbi richard marchinco figs. he looks like he hit a landmine

sharke
09-05-2009, 09:42 AM
one of my labs took out my bbi richard marchinco figs. he looks like he hit a landmine

my parents did that to me as a kid! my 86 Viper was chewed by our dog and all I got was "he hit a mine" followed by "told you to not leave them out"....love my Dad! LOL

geordieade
09-05-2009, 09:46 AM
never lost toys too a dog but once my german shepherd got in the fridge and ate a massive joint of pork all was left was a tiny bone lol oh dear she passed wind for days all the windows were open though

blayze5150
09-05-2009, 09:46 AM
My dog Venus got some of my VvV figures a few years ago. Someone elses mean dog chewed up the missles to a Mean Dog I just got on ebay. Wish I'd known before I bought it!

drunknmunky
09-05-2009, 10:02 AM
I have a cat named Jinx and for some reason she likes to carry Joes around in her mouth. My wife and I had one cat and decided to get him a friend so we got Jinx. My wife didn't know where I got the name but she liked it. Jinx was about 3 months old when she first got into my Joe box. I seen her come out with something red in her mouth. I yelled "Dammit she's eating Jinx!" My wife came running out thinking our cats were fighting, only to find me prying a GI Joe from my cats mouth. My wife looked confused buy quickly figured out that our cat was named after a Joe. She still brings that up a year later. Still not sure how she grabbed Jinx out of a box with over 200+ figures. Maybe she wasn't happy about being named Jinx. It could've been worse, I could've named her Skidmark.

misfit1015
09-05-2009, 10:18 AM

I hear ya! My cats chewed on EVERY vehicle I have with an antenna....unless I remember to put them on a higher shelf.

JoeMama
09-05-2009, 10:22 AM

HAHAHAHAHAHA! My cat did the SAME thing to the SAME vehicle..
Looks at every other joe like it is a dog fart, but goes for the AWE striker everytime!!?
What the deuce, a juggler conspiracy so we keep rebuying them everytime they repaint one?
Also- does the AWE STRIKER qualify for the most repaints of any vehicle?
VAMP has brown, black, green.
Awe Striker has classic green, blue / yellow Eco Warriors, black (TRU exclusive circa 2000), retro green on 25th, tan for desert Leatherneck edition.
CONSPIRACY ALERT!!!

TEMPLAR BAGGINS
09-05-2009, 10:23 AM
When I was 9, I had a golden retriever named Gibson. I remembered having Tomax and Xamot out in the backyard one afternoon but then couldn't find them. I figured some neighborhood kid came over and stole them. Then, a few weeks later, I was mowing the grass in the backyard and found a piece of Tomax's arm. Stupid dog...

JoeMama
09-05-2009, 10:24 AM
I have a cat named Jinx and for some reason she likes to carry Joes around in her mouth. My wife and I had one cat and decided to get him a friend so we got Jinx. My wife didn't know where I got the name but she liked it. Jinx was about 3 months old when she first got into my Joe box. I seen her come out with something red in her mouth. I yelled "Dammit she's eating Jinx!" My wife came running out thinking our cats were fighting, only to find me prying a GI Joe from my cats mouth. My wife looked confused buy quickly figured out that our cat was named after a Joe. She still brings that up a year later. Still not sure how she grabbed Jinx out of a box with over 200+ figures. Maybe she wasn't happy about being named Jinx. It could've been worse, I could've named her Skidmark.

HAHAHA! Or Gnugahyde..

COBRACOLLECTOR
09-05-2009, 10:27 AM
wow ur dog got great taste

He must hate those corny Red Fang ninjas more than i do lol

minstrelboy
09-05-2009, 10:48 AM
Five cats but no dogs. A few weeks ago I found one of my Joes on the floor, knocked off a shelf, and as I picked up all the parts, I couldn't find the backpack. My cats typically store all of their toys under the couches, refrigerator, stove and anywhere else that's down at their level. So I looked in all of those places and I couldn't find it anywhere. I figure it would turn up eventually. Not more than 2 hours later, the kitten comes running through the living room batting around the backpack. Fortunately it wasn't harmed.

john191957
09-05-2009, 11:03 AM
My toy room is always being visited by our dog. She likes to take the guns off the star wars toys and hides them. She steels my vintage stuffed animal ewok. We just laugh about.

jaws
09-05-2009, 11:12 AM
I had the same problem 25 years ago with some of my Joes and Star Wars, new puppy had a snack. Just a few bite marks on some accessories but Boba Fett had to be replaced.

Now that I'm "grown-up", married, and have my own dogs, only thing our youngest dog ever munched was some 1/25 scale Mustang models. The wife called me at work one morning asking if I saw the mess of car parts in the family room. Of course, I didn't since it was dark when I was out there last with the dogs.

The new Transformers and Joes are on high shelves. I've learned my lesson.

Syn3sthesia
09-05-2009, 11:21 AM
Oooh dog messing with my toys. He/she is gotta go!

Sgt. Kayfabe
09-05-2009, 11:32 AM
A few years back my roommate's dog ate my Classics Yokozuna with belt and his vintage Panthro. We think that they "fell" off the display.

vkat7phish
09-05-2009, 11:41 AM
When I was a kid, my brother got me the SW figure IG-88 for my birthday one year. I played with him a bit and left him on a coffee table. An hour or so later, we found him all chewed up by my dog. I was upset but I think my brother was even more upset.

cobracobra
09-05-2009, 11:42 AM
One of my cats released himself in a box full of Star Wars figures in 07 poor Cash got put in the bathroom for a time out...

Erich Hartmann
09-05-2009, 11:43 AM
you better watch out she may have the taste for joes now!

M. Aster Karver
09-05-2009, 11:50 AM
Wow, sorry to hear about your loss...my wife's cocker spaniel made the ultimate mistake several years ago. He ate my pit beef roast beef sandwich...the whole thing...in just 2 minutes!

Troynos
09-05-2009, 12:05 PM
To the OP: That's not a dog, it's a rat :)

My '82 straight arm Stalker lost a foot to my dog growing up.

Computron34
09-05-2009, 01:44 PM
Yep mine has as well. Multiple times. The bad part? Our dogs name is Chewy. Doh!

rob0213
09-05-2009, 01:56 PM
Damn, that's a cute pup!

I love dogs, and lost mine last year. He'd wander around, and then he'd be gone for like minutes. I'd go into the nerd room, and he'd be sitting in the middle of the room, tail wagging, devouring a Joe. Only Joes, never Cobra. Always thought that was funny.

tha_collector
09-05-2009, 02:54 PM
my dog just sniffs and them and then leaves them alone but only when there new those she sniff them

Hatchet
09-05-2009, 03:00 PM
I had a jack russel named Mio who systematically destroyed my entire toy collection at the time. All my robot heros, 3 voyager class transformers, 2 MP gundams, all my ninja turtles toys, 4 stuffed animals, 4 star wars mighty mugs and she finished off her week of terror by peeing on the bed and puking on me in my sleep.

I don't miss that dog.

Crimson Rage
09-05-2009, 03:04 PM
My cat can be a bit of a menace. She doesn't chew figures, but she'll meticulously step into a large display, placing her feet carefully so as not to knock any down, then when she's right in the middle she'll swish her tail and topple the lot. You'd swear it was deliberate...

mister-x
09-05-2009, 04:25 PM
when i was a kid,
my cat would come in my room and chew on vehicle antenna's and steal weapons on my vintage stuff....my kids thought it was funny, until our present day cat got a hold of their awe striker....its my childhood all over again

xhairs
09-05-2009, 04:27 PM
nope my dog is a good boy and knows not to touch my toys lol. my bud NFC just had the same thing happen to his serpentor custom.

Sgt. Stowell
09-05-2009, 04:39 PM
It is strange my dog only eats Cobra Commanders. I am not making this up. I had to buy 3 tripwires b/c of all the CCs that were eaten. I have also lost a battle armor and a 1982 (very played with and not worth anything). I think it might be b/c I may handle CCs the most... He will leave everything else but dismember the CC.