PDA

View Full Version : Target Exclusives not for every Target

jeremywatts
07-25-2009, 02:35 PM
I checked two Targets and was informed they would not be carrying the Target exclusive ROC joes. I was shocked and in checking their system the exclusives are listed as not being carried by the store. Don't know if this is a regional thing or what.

I did find one Target in my area that had the Eel /Wavecrusher exclusives and grabbed just the Eel I couldn't stand the rest. I also couldn't resist the RHINO so I grabbed it and I must say I am loving Heavy Metal err Rampage.

samantha
07-25-2009, 02:38 PM
This is news to me. I had never heard of this before.

Barefoot Jedi
07-25-2009, 02:40 PM
I wouldn't be surprised if this is yet another example of misinformation by store employees. I've never heard of Targets not getting their exclusives.

Wal-Mart? Now that's a horse of a different flavor...

Melissa
07-25-2009, 02:41 PM
IF i had a Target I would protest for you.

Pepsi Jedi
07-25-2009, 02:41 PM
I live in Upper MI. and we've got one Target in 100s of miles. Ours usually does NOT carry the target only stuff.

I've noticed it more in transformers than anything else but yeah. I see "Only at target" stuff online that never comes though our store.

Walmart too. heck the GI Joe section at or one and only walmart in 100s of miles is 3 pegs and one shelf space. That's IT.

Being a collector up here sucks.

GI C
07-25-2009, 03:00 PM
Does anyone have the DCPI for these?I want my Blake Snake armor.If this is true,then Target really screwed the pooch on these.

jeremywatts
07-25-2009, 03:02 PM
It's not just the employees saying it but the scanner saying not carried at this location. I guess the UBP fiasco killed some Targets on carrying Target exclusive joes. I bought 8 UBP for $13 each it had to be a blood bath for Target toy sales along with several of the planes being sold at discount also.

Sergeant Major
07-25-2009, 03:06 PM
I wouldn't be surprised if this is yet another example of misinformation by store employees. I've never heard of Targets not getting their exclusives.

Wal-Mart? Now that's a horse of a different flavor...

Amen.

Does anyone have the DCPI for these?I want my Blake Snake armor.If this is true,then Target really screwed the pooch on these.

The Black Snake Armor is in wave 2 of the releases. Info can be obtained through posts made by kennywr22. :D HissTank.com - G.I. Joe - Search Forums (http://www.hisstank.com/forum/search.php)

It's not just the employees saying it but the scanner saying not carried at this location. I guess the UBP fiasco killed some Targets on carrying Target exclusive joes. I bought 8 UBP for $13 each it had to be a blood bath for Target toy sales along with several of the planes being sold at discount also.

Well, keep this in mind - Even when Target is blowing out toys at rock bottom prices..they're not losing any money on the product, just losing their margin of profit. Getting a UBP for $13 and a Rattler for 6 and change is more than likely Target's cost per unit.

Gatekeeper
07-25-2009, 03:25 PM
I don't like the sounds of this.
I've always had good luck with Target.

minstrelboy
07-25-2009, 03:30 PM
I checked two Targets and was informed they would not be carrying the Target exclusive ROC joes. I was shocked and in checking their system the exclusives are listed as not being carried by the store. Don't know if this is a regional thing or what.

I did find one Target in my area that had the Eel /Wavecrusher exclusives and grabbed just the Eel I couldn't stand the rest. I also couldn't resist the RHINO so I grabbed it and I must say I am loving Heavy Metal err Rampage.

So the RHINO is being sold at stores? I thought it was going to be from Target online only.

topnotch97
07-25-2009, 03:32 PM
come...on.... is this another "X-30 Conquest & Rattler at Target Exclusive" fiasco all over again?

and later on.... you'll `em collecting dust on shelves.

Syn3sthesia
07-25-2009, 04:05 PM
To the op, where are you from?

At least I know the scanner says is not at the store yet but it is in the system.

SNAKE EYES
07-25-2009, 04:14 PM
come...on.... is this another "X-30 Conquest & Rattler at Target Exclusive" fiasco all over again?

and later on.... you'll `em collecting dust on shelves.

Exactly

They will be in all Target stores lets stop this train before it wrecks...and spills misinformation all over the Tank

Jeffrozup
07-25-2009, 04:45 PM
I thought the next Target reset was scheduled for Aug. 2 so I am suspecting more ROC stuff to be available then.

Pepsi Jedi
07-25-2009, 06:03 PM
Exactly

They will be in all Target stores lets stop this train before it wrecks...and spills misinformation all over the Tank

Hate to say it man, but you're misinformed. Our target store gets half, if that, of the target exclusive toys. I'm in there once or twice a week. Heck our target hasn't gotten any 25th figs since the Wave with Pilot Scarlet in it. They've been the only ones on our shelves in months. (( till the movie stuff hit here 2 weeks ago))

Not all stores are equal and not all of them get all the exclusives. Ours is the only one in the UP and it regularly doesn't get stuff.

The "ALL Target stores will get them ALL" is misinformation. It's just not true.

Omegawrath
07-25-2009, 06:08 PM
I was middle management at Target.

The sad fact is that employees (oftentimes) just do not give a fuck about customers. With collectors, they can be out and out hostile.

This is hardly unique to Target though.

Barefoot Jedi
07-25-2009, 06:10 PM
Well...at least the problem isn't as widespread as it is with Wal-Mart.

But now that I think about it, you're right. There have been some TF exclusives that one of the two Targets 'round here never got. Not being a TF collector, I sort of didn't fully register that 'til now.

SNAKE EYES
07-25-2009, 07:11 PM
Hate to say it man, but you're misinformed. Our target store gets half, if that, of the target exclusive toys. I'm in there once or twice a week. Heck our target hasn't gotten any 25th figs since the Wave with Pilot Scarlet in it. They've been the only ones on our shelves in months. (( till the movie stuff hit here 2 weeks ago))

Not all stores are equal and not all of them get all the exclusives. Ours is the only one in the UP and it regularly doesn't get stuff.

The "ALL Target stores will get them ALL" is misinformation. It's just not true.

Back when the Target exclusive Conquest and Rattler 1st came out there were 5 different threads with people saying that their Target wasn't getting them and that Target employee's were telling them that they would be Internet only exclusives, now fast forward to about 2 weeks ago a lot of stores still had some and they were clearanced for 75% off. The Target near me told me that they wouldn't have the 1st jets and guess what they showed up there and they still had 14 original jets left at 75% off too.

So with this thread it is a little early to start this up again, since the reset for most Targets isn't until 8-2-09 and that is when the wave 1 mini-vehicles and RHINO are supposed to hit shelves.

One question for you, so your saying your Target has not had any of the Joe exclusives? or did they get them in small quantities and you just missed them.

Because the only thing my Target didn't get was the PP Conquest and Tiger Rat, but that was because they received to many of the original planes and they didn't sell so therefore no new planes since the DCPI# was the same they wouldn't order any.

If the Target near you hasn't received any exclusives you might want to talk to somebody like a district manager and find out why. But I would be very surprised if the these movie backed exclusives don't hit all Targets, regardless of what a few Target employee's are saying.

Edit: Hell your lucky you got wave 11 25th figures, the 25th line was distributed poorly across all stores, but it's still totally different than exclusives most stores usually make a new space for an exclusive item without doing a complete reset.

Pepsi Jedi
07-26-2009, 01:56 AM
Well, the target here doesn't have any of the movie exclusives yet. Doesn't mean they won't get any.

My point is that the target here, reguarly doesn't get all the "only at target" toys. I collect Transformers too and there's been a number of the target exclusives that have never showed up here.

I know the toy guys at the store. I know when their trucks come in and I hit the store about twice a week after they've stocked. It's not that people are getting there and buying out all the exclusives. Then re-arranging the shelves and restocking and changing the lables and stuff around.

They just don't get them all.

They DID get the two jets your talking about. They do get some. They've also got some of the Star wars exclusives.

But they don't get all.

And that's my point. "---Every--- Target, doesn't get ---Every---- Exclusive" as the one here doesn't.

We may bet the new movie ones. I hope we do, but I'm not holding my breath.

Heck we don't have a TRU with in 500 miles so I'm missing those already.

Hicks_Royel
07-26-2009, 02:09 AM
I was middle management at Target.

The sad fact is that employees (oftentimes) just do not give a fuck about customers. With collectors, they can be out and out hostile.

This is hardly unique to Target though.
...Which is why I don't feel bad when I use chewing gum to fill a welding error out on the line. Screw safety, that guy probably pissed me off anyway.

Seriously though, as Topnotch said, we've been told the same thing about every exclusive to pass through Target.