PDA

View Full Version : We need a new celebrity figure..John J. Rambo:)

mckeesportpaguy
01-31-2008, 07:20 AM
If they release a new celebrity figure at this years convention, I'd love to see a Rambo figure.Considering Stallone was almost a joe back in the 80's, this would make the most sense...Your thoughts?

Reznor
01-31-2008, 07:57 AM
I vote for Shia Labouf as a Cobra trooper.

Reznor
01-31-2008, 07:59 AM
im diggin the rambo idea though. Would be sweet.

The Commander
01-31-2008, 08:11 AM
I posted a similar thread on this site about this. I would enjoy a Rambo figure.

Astrokreep
01-31-2008, 08:26 AM
I vote CM Punk. The guy already has Cobra and Arashikage tats, It's an endorsement waiting to happen!

The Fridge
01-31-2008, 08:59 AM
I vote CM Punk. The guy already has Cobra and Arashikage tats, It's an endorsement waiting to happen!

Who?

Omegawrath
01-31-2008, 09:03 AM
How 'bout R. Lee Ermey?

VIPER 48
01-31-2008, 09:09 AM
Who?

He is a wrestler with a cobra logo tattoo...

jamarmiller
01-31-2008, 09:15 AM
God I always always always wanted a John Rambo Figure in my Joe collection, talk about AWESOME

I might actually fly to America From Japan for that one!

xFlintx
01-31-2008, 09:17 AM
He is a wrestler with a cobra logo tattoo...
And he also has the Arakniage (sp?) clan tatoo as well.

He (Punk) would be cool, but I still vote Chuck Norris

shramj
01-31-2008, 09:40 AM
I dig the Rambo idea.

Chris_
01-31-2008, 09:52 AM
He (Punk) would be cool, but I still vote Chuck Norris

Yea, but that would be no fun. He could single handedly destroy the entire Cobra army. There would be no need for the rest of the GI Joe figures, and people probably would stop buying them. That probably wouldn't go over well with Hasbro. Besides, is there plastic strong enough to take a likeness to Chuck Norris? It would be an indestructible toy. :)

Sarge
01-31-2008, 11:10 AM
Jack Bauer or however you guys spell it code name 24.

Moses
01-31-2008, 12:57 PM
Dr Phil. He could lead a pack of rabid mothers, a worse threat than the Dreadnoks, Cobra or the Iron Grenadiers!

mckeesportpaguy
01-31-2008, 03:08 PM
How 'bout R. Lee Ermey?

Whoa good idea, He could be the drill instructor...........

Echo7Solo
01-31-2008, 03:26 PM
R. Lee Ermey is the best choice. True military background and is in almost every military film and the host of Mail Call. He has a built in code name "Gunny" and would also be a good choice to play General Flagg in the upcoming film.

mckeesportpaguy
01-31-2008, 06:01 PM
R. Lee Ermey is the best choice. True military background and is in almost every military film and the host of Mail Call. He has a built in code name "Gunny" and would also be a good choice to play General Flagg in the upcoming film.

I just like how he tortured those idiots in Texas chainsaw massacare:)

He definitly would be a better choice now that I think of it, followed by Rambo.........would be a nice comic 2 pack.

The Fridge
01-31-2008, 06:21 PM
God I always always always wanted a John Rambo Figure in my Joe collection, talk about AWESOME

I might actually fly to America From Japan for that one!

If they were to make a Rambo Joe I would send you two of them for 1/2 the price of a plane ticket from Japan to America.

Sergeant Major
01-31-2008, 06:55 PM

Amen to that, MAGGOT!

RolandofGilead
01-31-2008, 07:23 PM
I can't seem to picture Ermey playing General Flagg. It's just not the same character.

And as for Drill Instructor, why wouldn't they just bring Sgt. Slaughter in to play himself?

BigErn
01-31-2008, 07:27 PM
How about a Don Johnson likeness Falcon?

Dark 5cythe
01-31-2008, 07:30 PM
what is this talk ive been hearing about rambo almost being a joe back in the day. i heard rocky too but he was turned into big boa.....any of this true? If so the full story please?

atomicpower
01-31-2008, 07:32 PM
I vote for Hurley.

Echo7Solo
01-31-2008, 07:54 PM
I can't seem to picture Ermey playing General Flagg. It's just not the same character.

And as for Drill Instructor, why wouldn't they just bring Sgt. Slaughter in to play himself?

Ripcord comes to mind here............. I'm just saying.

and have you seen Slaughter in the past few years? Sure he is in better shape but I just don't think his age and look fits in with the old Sgt. with the new cast. If they are going to cast a wrestler in a GI Joe role then it needs to be Stone Cold Steve Austin as Gung Ho but then again he is way too old for this cast.

Sergeant Major
01-31-2008, 07:57 PM
what is this talk ive been hearing about rambo almost being a joe back in the day. i heard rocky too but he was turned into big boa.....any of this true? If so the full story please?

Well, Rocky was depicted in the Marvel Joe Run "Order of Battle", but a retraction was later printed. Whether or not he was officially on the drawing board in pawtucket is something I really don't know.

Same with Rambo, I've never heard of him being a Joe, because back in the day Rambo had his own cartoon & toy line.

Wylde Weezle
01-31-2008, 08:08 PM
I remember the Marvel comic's letters page constantly had people writing in claiming to be "Lone Wolf" which was Rambo's call sign in the sequel to First Blood.

But yeah, this is the first I've heard of Rambo being in any way connected to GI Joe. I have the Order of Battle issue that has Rocky in it though.

Sergeant Major
01-31-2008, 08:14 PM
A no prize was just that...no prize, LOL! You did get a spiffy envelope from Marvel, though! :D

Dark 5cythe
01-31-2008, 08:17 PM
Thanks CIAD! Dude, what happend to your spartan avatar!?

Sergeant Major
01-31-2008, 08:22 PM
Thanks CIAD! Dude, what happend to your spartan avatar!?

You know, lately, I just haven't been feelin' the nerd anger.

But, back to Rambo....

The 80's Rambo cartoon was hit or miss, if I recall correctly. There were quite a few toys though. Rambo would make a great fit in the Joe Mythos for obvious reasons, but I would assume that the cheesetastic toyline from the 80's put the kabosh on any joe crossover.

Irid70
01-31-2008, 08:36 PM
My understanding is that Stallone had to choose between lending his likeness to two toylines; to GI Joe, as Rocky, or to the 'Rambo' toyline. He picked Rambo, though Big Boa, meant to be Rocky's Cobra nemesis, was still released.

All of this comes from YoJoe, where you can find it in the preproduction archive.

PS I personally hope for no celebrity attachments to GI Joe aside from the movie line, which I look forward to eagerly. But I ardently hope for no more wrestler attachments.

Sergeant Major
01-31-2008, 08:40 PM
PS I personally hope for no celebrity attachments to GI Joe aside from the movie line, which I look forward to eagerly. But I ardently hope for no more wrestler attachments.

I second that.

DarthBrett
01-31-2008, 08:48 PM
I think the Rambo line was already dead by the time the Rocky figure was on the drawing boards at Hasbro. So Sly's decision wasn't based on the Rambo toys. And Big Boa was always intended to be Big Boa, he as the Cobra Trainer and Rocky was going to be the Joe Trainer (and arch-nemesis, if you will).

DarthBrett
01-31-2008, 08:51 PM
Nevermind what I said about the Rambo toys, I guess they were out in '86 which would make the story about Sly's decision correct.