PDA

View Full Version : Are ROC toys selling ?

07-13-2009, 02:51 PM
Are ROC toys selling well enough?

How does your store shelves look? Half empty or half full? Anyone knows people at Target, Toy R Us, or Walmart who can tell us how ROC toys performed at their initial opening sales release?

Any info from the inside who know people in Hasbro?

VIPER 48
07-13-2009, 02:54 PM
They are selling here, figures and vehicles. The other things have not moved, meaning the costumes, larger figures, etc. It is good that these are moving because that means we will get more product on the shelves more often...

HawkHauser
07-13-2009, 03:00 PM
Everywhere I looked they seemed to be selling. I saw some stores where they looked a little wiped out, and then others where the more well-known characters are moving, but you can tell there will be peg warmers.

Also, unlike the other movie lines this year, I have seen kids and parents actively buying and checking out the displays as well. This is good considering Walmart has yet to join in full out, and TRU hasn't put out their big storefront display.

Life4Dreadnok
07-13-2009, 03:03 PM
The stores I've seen with ROC product appear to not be selling very much of it. I base this on totally overstocked pegs and shelves. Of course they could just be refilling stock as it is sold too, but we know how often that happens.

In defense of ROC I think the true test will be after the movie is released.

Syn3sthesia
07-13-2009, 03:03 PM

How does your store shelves look? Half empty or half full? Anyone knows people at Target, Toy R Us, or Walmart who can tell us how ROC toys performed at their initial opening sales release?

I stopped by a couple of Targets and aside from a few Baroness and Destro, the pegs are full of figs that nobody seems interested in.

drew2kew
07-13-2009, 03:07 PM
Most Targets and ToysRUs front displays are being bought up at a slow steady pace. I hope that when the movie comes out, the figures appeal more to audiences and the sales pickup momentum. And like Viper48 said, the more that these products move, the more new products(later waves) will hit the shelves.

Dawg99
07-13-2009, 03:10 PM
there selling were i live in canada just fine..

lots of storm shadow snake eyes and destro's clogging up the pegs though

Skyhawk
07-13-2009, 03:14 PM
I thinking they will move. Target has big display areas for them over here and at one of them, only half the hooks were filled. I really think they are going to do well.

You got to remember, there are lots of old "Joe Kids" out there that didnt really even know about the 25th. In fact I told my buddy about it a while back and he had no clue. Many of them will remember the fun as a kid, take there kids to see it and a new "Joe" will be born. Be it the kid, or the parent...

VIPER 48
07-13-2009, 03:17 PM
there selling were i live in canada just fine..

lots of storm shadow snake eyes and destro's clogging up the pegs though

There are a lot of those same figures here too...

Troynos
07-13-2009, 03:18 PM
Wouldn't expect alot of movement right now anyways. Expect a ton after the movie premieres.

I think there will be ALOT of kids coming out of the movie going "I saw those toys at Target, we need to get 'em".

Skyhawk
07-13-2009, 03:24 PM
Wouldn't expect alot of movement right now anyways. Expect a ton after the movie premieres.

I think there will be ALOT of kids coming out of the movie going "I saw those toys at Target, we need to get 'em".

Yeah, I thinking the same....

theohiostateguy
07-13-2009, 03:26 PM
Well, I've bought four figures. So far.

07-13-2009, 03:27 PM
ROC TOYS SELLING "PRETTY STRONG" says TARGET's computers

according to Hisstank member Kennywr22

http://www.hisstank.com/forum/g-i-joe-toys-general-discussion/46546-sales-roc-figures-target-stores.html

Stl_Brgd_PFC_Ramar
07-13-2009, 03:28 PM
My local Targets/TRUs initially sold really well, but have slowed down since. Appears to me that the initial sales were mostly collectors and veteran fans....my guess is the same as others, ROC items will start selling again as the movie rolls out along with updated lower prices.

ShockVal
07-13-2009, 03:28 PM
Seem to be moving pretty good here. But I'm just not use to the huge quantity of figures like this. Soooo many!

Karnage74
07-13-2009, 03:29 PM

I've seen both Targets and TRU half empty and I have been to alot of them.

07-13-2009, 04:32 PM
Great to hear Joe toys selling well.

I even saw stores where the PIT sold out!!!

All this can be seen as good news, and maybe even possible Flagg in the future.

steve2477
07-13-2009, 04:38 PM
The toys are selling good over here too, i went to a toy shop today and they had completed sold out of the figures.