PDA

View Full Version : Have you posted on Hisstank more than on any other website? This is my 1000th post!

Scoop
07-01-2009, 01:01 AM
I was wondering if anyone has made more posts on another website than they have here on Hisstank.

This is my 1000th post here and it is the most by far compared to any other website I have ever posted on.

Here is a quick rundown of my posting history...

Hisstank.com as Scoop = 1000 posts
BTTF.com as JAWS19 = 100 posts
Toyark.com as Nightwing = 21 posts
TriStateVipers.com as Scoop = 8 posts
TFW2005.com as Viewfinder = 7 posts
MarvelousNews.com as MoonKnight = 6 posts
YoJoe.com as Scoop = 3 posts

As you can see I am very loyal to our site here by having made at least 900 more posts than on any other site. I haven't even posted on some of those other sites in years.

I never thought that I would ever get into posting on forums on any site, but after making 1000 posts here I'm amazed that I have. There is just something about this site that the others just can't compete with. For instance I have been a fan of the YoJoe website since it began, but I only made 3 posts ever. Go figure.

This just goes to show you what kind of community we have here, and the fact that the 25th Anniversary line really got a lot of us back into G.I. Joe. By the numbers I'm sure that most people joined up here to keep up with all of the news and info concerning the 25th line, but once we joined we were able to communicate with fellow fans and make some trades as well. I wish Hasbro realized that the 25th line brought the fans back, not this horrible excuse for a movie that they haphazzardly slapped the Joe name on. I really hope the movie doesn't ruin it for all of us.

In any case I just want to thank everyone here for making this an enjoyable experience for me throughout my time here as a member and as a lurker before I finally joined up. Thanks to all the mods for keeping everything up and running as well as for keeping everyone in line. Thanks to all of the friends I have made here, on and off the site.

I can't wait for my next 1000 posts!

Please feel free to share your posting habits as well.

Barefoot Jedi
07-01-2009, 01:04 AM
Yes, I have.

Never made it to 1000 posts anywhere else, much less 2000.

LtDom
07-01-2009, 01:06 AM
This is almost the only site I post on.maybe two or three posts anywhere else!

DPrime
07-01-2009, 01:09 AM
I'm also DPrime on Yojoe, the TNI forums, Joe Sightings, Joe Canuck, and the Sideshow Freaks forum. There's a few others that I've joined but haven't posted as much on... I think I jointed the Joe Customs one but I don't go on there much.

Nowadays, I've been much more active here, but I stay active on the others, especially Yojoe, here and there. I think I racked up 15,000 posts or something on TNI, since at various times I also collected SW stuff, Transformers, etc, and that was (and is) a good all around forum if you're just into toy collecting in general. I think I've been around a little while too, way back before the community seemed to explode when the 25th line came out (though nowhere near as long as some of the older collectors). Now that it's pretty much just GI Joe that I collect, I've found myself posting here a lot more often, since it seems to be the most active forum.

arashikage tat
07-01-2009, 01:10 AM
I really only post on this site for the most part

kneroh
07-01-2009, 01:12 AM
I'm not a member of any any other forum type site... so yea, it's all about the tank!

Blackdragon
07-01-2009, 01:17 AM
Mostly CobraIsland.com (http://www.Cobraisland.com)

cobralalalala!
07-01-2009, 01:22 AM
Other than a rare post on he-man.org, this is really the only site I post on

Lantern_Lad
07-01-2009, 01:35 AM
I was co-founder of the DC2 DC2: New Adventures of the DC Heroes! - Home (http://idlewilder.proboards.com/index.cgi?), writing Green Lantern (Tales of the Green Lantern Corps & Green Lantern) as well as Legion of Super-Heroes and a few other titles. But quit when I went back to school...

... then I discovered this place where the people share my love of all things GI Joe... Been addicted ever since... and it's a place that I can just post and not have to be creative. I like it here!

Long story short, "yes."

Derek2783
07-01-2009, 01:40 AM
This is pretty much it. I was active on Fwoosh for a while when the SOTA Street Fighter line was alive and I occasionally collected DCSH and Marvel Legends, but that's pretty much died out.

I post on Rebelscum.com sometimes when I'm looking for a specific item (whenever that SW bug bites), and I'll post occasionally on yojoe.com or a few other joe boards when I'm looking for something specific or trying to sell something specific, bit the 'Tank.... the 'Tank is home!

coola784
07-01-2009, 01:40 AM
congrats scoop, the tank is like my second home, im alweys on, i have made so many great friends here, i never would of thought i would make so many friends off a forum but i have and am very greatful for it. and yes i have more posts here then any other forum. im a member of yojoe and tfw2005 as well but dont have many posts there. the tank is by far the best forum of all in my opinion.

Owner of a Lonely B.A.T.
07-01-2009, 01:44 AM
Oh yeah my post counts on seiberton.com (http://www.seiberton.com/forums), CobraIsland - "Wacky hijinks ensue" - Powered by vBulletin (http://www.cobraisland.com/forums), and Alex Borstein Official Site - Index (http://www.alexborstein.com/forum) are well over 1,000 each.

L.T. SEAL
07-01-2009, 01:52 AM
Wait a minute there are other sites. Close them down and have all there members com on over to the tank.

homer_sapien
07-01-2009, 01:55 AM
I only recently joined up here so my total here isn't even near the top for me. Here's the rundown of the boards I regularly post on:

Bloo Milk (its down so I can't check, but its only around 100)
Gamefaqs - (can't find a post count)
Hisstank - 90
IMDB.com (can't find a post count)
Rebelscum - 180
Shinraonline - 34,239
Sluggy.net - 477
SWMgamers.com - 1842
Wizards of the Coast's board - 3193

ShakeZula77
07-01-2009, 01:56 AM
This is the only site I post on. I had bad experiences on theforce.net years ago and this has been my re-introduction to message boards. Love this place! I come mostly for Joes but it's really all of you guys and your opinions (weather I agree or disagree) that make me keep coming back everyday since I joined. Hell most days I'm here in threads that have nothing to do with Joes................:D

skatezaz
07-01-2009, 01:59 AM
i just realized yesterday how many posts i have. it seemed like only yesterday i had only like 500. i dont know what happened

ShakeZula77
07-01-2009, 02:04 AM
i just realized yesterday how many posts i have. it seemed like only yesterday i had only like 500. i dont know what happened

The Tank sucked you in and won't let go............I know it happened to me................:)

Shogi
07-01-2009, 02:20 AM
Let's see, I'm shogi everywhere so this should be fairly easy

Yojoe - 3,689
TFW2005 - 93 (This is incorrect as it has my earliest post in 2003, but I was a member before then, at least as far back as 2001)
Joebattlelines - 587
Joesightings - 35
Bloodforthebaron - 74
Action Figure Archive - 136

Hisstank - 6,465

Yeah, looks like da 'Tank wins!

dsrader
07-01-2009, 02:24 AM
Yes, I have.

Never made it to 1000 posts anywhere else, much less 2000.

Same here.I have a few post at Coilclub,but i just joined there.

DaViper
07-01-2009, 02:29 AM
Hisstank by far for me. I've joined various forums but most I believe I haven't even broken out of the 50+ post count range. Hands down, The tank has the best discussion of any joe and non-joe related threads on any forum I have ever joined! I love this place...

Barefoot Jedi
07-01-2009, 02:29 AM
For the Tank!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=PiwOHXA89B4

Sniper
07-01-2009, 09:24 AM
I have more post on corvetteforum.com than I have here. I think the count was right at 9,000 when I stopped tinkering on my vettes. I once posted 123 times in a 12 hr span. There are currently 220,209 members there and currently 11,615 here. Much more traffic.

Headman
07-01-2009, 09:38 AM
There have been a few forums that I've had a higher post count on, but I don't visit them too often anymore. Most of my posting now is done at the tank.

Rocky
07-01-2009, 09:47 AM
I tend to be a real smart-ass and know it all..... so IMDB is the place for me to let go and not worry about pre-established rules and or (overly-sensitive) Mods- not that-that is the case on the Tank. I think the Mods do give us a lot of room. So my count here or any other Mod monitored sites pales in comparison to IMDB. But I am almost always logged into the site and lurk.

The Batman
07-01-2009, 10:09 AM
If you see my post count.. you know where I hang out!!

homer_sapien
07-01-2009, 10:34 AM
I have more post on corvetteforum.com than I have here. I think the count was right at 9,000 when I stopped tinkering on my vettes. I once posted 123 times in a 12 hr span. There are currently 220,209 members there and currently 11,615 here. Much more traffic.

For the one I have 34K+ on I got a ton of them because there was a group of us that used to use one of the minor boards like a chat room and rack up 100-150 posts a night just talking crap between ourselves.

foor
07-01-2009, 10:39 AM
Yeah I post mostly here by far, but also to be honest, I never posted this much waffle on any other board ever!

samantha
07-01-2009, 10:46 AM
Yes. I like this board.

siamese goat
07-01-2009, 10:52 AM
I post on Universal monster army, skull & bones skateboard forum,yojoe,and here. Lost interest or didnt feel right on some of the other sites so here is home now :).

Troynos
07-01-2009, 11:13 AM
Why would I post on multiple Joe websites? They all have the same news and pictures. I'll go over and visit if there's an article or something linked, but as for posting... naw...

Really, only reason I'm on the 'Tank and haven't found a new home is the "secrets lurk in the filecard" thread, couldn't leave the gang that "hang" in that thread. It's a little Mod-Heavy for my tastes here (no offense, no warning please, lol), and would love to get into some good political or religious discussions someday or not have to be afraid to mention politics and be afraid the thread will get locked.

Posting on comic book sites is worse then anything on the 'Tank, Sports sites are just as bad. Most people there don't think, aren't logical, and are idiots.

Problem with fandom (of pretty much anything) is that they tend to think with their fan-brain and not their real brain.

Rocky
07-01-2009, 11:44 AM
Really, only reason I'm on the 'Tank and haven't found a new home is the "secrets lurk in the filecard" thread, couldn't leave the gang that "hang" in that thread. It's a little Mod-Heavy for my tastes here (no offense, no warning please, lol), and would love to get into some good political or religious discussions someday or not have to be afraid to mention politics and be afraid the thread will get locked.

I have to say I agree. It would be nice if they modified the rules to allow specific threads that warrant such debate. So where as you could not post negative things about Michael Jackson on the tribute page you could if a thread was opened specifically to debate any controversial things in his life.

Cant talk politics in the why; "What if Michael bay directed GI JOE" thread we could have a how is this politician doing thread.

We seem to have a lot of intelligent people on the boards and I would relish the chance to debate them on things that matter in real life such as politics and religion. Hell, I would love to challenge a Mod to a debate now and then........lol................without the fear of getting banned or a warning.....lol.

Maybe we will see this in the future. Either way, I love the social gathering and camaraderie we have here at the Tank.

Owner of a Lonely B.A.T.
07-01-2009, 03:28 PM
I checked

Seibertron 3756
Alex Borstein 2371
Cobra Island 4710

Sergeant Major
07-01-2009, 03:31 PM
I dont even know. I'm a member on a TON of boards, but only really post at 4:

Here, obviously (5,000+)
http://www.cobraisland.com (http://www.cobraisland.com/) (8,000+)
http://www.toyark.com (http://www.toyark.com/) (under 1K)
http://www.tfw2005.com (http://www.tfw2005.com/) (under 1K)