PDA

View Full Version : New TV Spot!

AlleyViper47
06-17-2009, 01:57 PM
Extended G.I. Joe: Rise of Cobra TV Trailer Arrives! (http://www.movieweb.com/news/NEyn6CzFLB3sBG)

Freedom
06-17-2009, 02:01 PM
I don't care what any of the haters say. This movie looks like it's going to be fun as hell!

vadersquest
06-17-2009, 02:02 PM
Hahaha.....that was funny

Silent Creeper
06-17-2009, 02:07 PM
That was a good laugh, still ready to see this movie even if there are those who won't

foor
06-17-2009, 02:09 PM
Best trailer EVAR

gunslingercbr
06-17-2009, 02:12 PM
I like it.

TheLongestDay
06-17-2009, 02:13 PM
omg....the more i see the more i want the movie to be out NOW!!!

rob0213
06-17-2009, 02:16 PM
That version doesn't look to bad. Still don't care for the Accelerator Suits.
Line made me chuckle art the end.

Gung.Heaux
06-17-2009, 02:20 PM
now thats how all of us should feel....especially "tankers".

ive said it 1000 times....it costs more for any snake eyes figure than it does to see this movie. win, lose or draw....every Joe fan should pony up and support.
for $8 you can either love it, or have the right to say "told you so."
(and if $8 is going to break you, you shouldnt be buying toys in the first place)

I don't care what any of the haters say. This movie looks like it's going to be fun as hell!

H.A.L.9000
06-17-2009, 02:20 PM
Ewww....

Gung.Heaux
06-17-2009, 02:40 PM
only one "scene" of the movie involves the accelerator suits. its not the uniform.

That version doesn't look to bad. Still don't care for the Accelerator Suits.
Line made me chuckle art the end.

Gung.Heaux
06-17-2009, 02:41 PM
and the more i want july 11th! (or streetdate jumpers...looking at you target!)

omg....the more i see the more i want the movie to be out NOW!!!

fireflyguy
06-17-2009, 02:46 PM
Pretty action-intense. I'm still looking forward to it.

The Conflict
06-17-2009, 02:46 PM
So Marlon Wayans is the comic relief in the movie? I did not know that. Now I really cant wait to see it, atleast I dont have to worry about any laughter drowning out the movie.

xhairs
06-17-2009, 02:49 PM
wow still looks real bad.
only one "scene" of the movie involves the accelerator suits. its not the uniform.

not sure about that.

SNAKE EYES
06-17-2009, 02:51 PM
Nice find AV47 the end actually made me chuckle, pretty funny :)

sunicron
06-17-2009, 02:57 PM
I will be seeing this and getting every toy that comes out!!! I am glad that so many people are not going to go watch this or buy the toys for 2 reasons. 1) i will not have to worry about the theatre being full or 2) that i will not be able to find the toys i want.

crock master
06-17-2009, 03:03 PM
I will be seeing this and getting every toy that comes out!!! I am glad that so many people are not going to go watch this or buy the toys for 2 reasons. 1) i will not have to worry about the theatre being full or 2) that i will not be able to find the toys i want.

mybe the collectors wont buy the toys, now the kids will.so maybe hasbro will get their shipping and distribution in order.if not then you will have just as a hard time finding any joe toys

RockinHard
06-17-2009, 03:03 PM
I hate it.

G.I.Eddie
06-17-2009, 03:04 PM
....every Joe fan should pony up and support.
for $8 you can either love it, or have the right to say "told you so."...

for us "haters" its lose lose...

-we support it just cause its Joe (even thought we dislike it) and Hasbro says "Wow!...they love it just like this!" (assuming it does well) and they move on to making a 2nd equally sucky sequal...

-we don't support it, and for arguments sake, us couple (snicker snicker) of "haters" cause this movie to bomb and then they don't go ahead and make a GOOD sequal...

whats a h8er to do?

Gung.Heaux
06-17-2009, 03:06 PM
have you seen the movie?

wow still looks real bad.

not sure about that.

G.I.Eddie
06-17-2009, 03:08 PM
BTW, besides the last hilarious one liner, was there anything we haven't seen before?

Gung.Heaux
06-17-2009, 03:12 PM
its john q. public that will cause the movie the majority of any harm. i just cant understand why some of you just REFUSE this movie.

i can 100% guarantee, without knowing any of you personally, that each and every one of you has spent more time and more money on far, far worse.
(especially if any of you saw "the spirit"!)

-we support it just cause its Joe (even thought we dislike it) and Hasbro says "Wow!...they love it just like this!" (assuming it does well) and they move on to making a 2nd equally sucky sequal...

-we don't support it, and for arguments sake, us couple (snicker snicker) of "haters" cause this movie to bomb and then they don't go ahead and make a GOOD sequal...

whats a h8er to do?

G.I.Eddie
06-17-2009, 03:18 PM
...i just cant understand why some of you just REFUSE this movie...

for me, personally, it's because after 20+ years of hoping to see a live action Joe movie this is soooooo far from anything i had hoped...it has very little, aside from names and title to do with the Joe i remember...

i know, i know, this is a "new" take on Joe...cool, fine, whatever...it's still not what i wanted or hoped for...it's that simple for me...THAT is why I refuse this movie...

Gung.Heaux
06-17-2009, 03:26 PM
well, life's rough pal.

and i guess that mines been a bit rougher than yours.....ive been thru too much to worry about how much my movies dont look like my toys.
i just enjoy when i can.

for me, personally, it's because after 20+ years of hoping to see a live action Joe movie this is soooooo far from anything i had hoped...it has very little, aside from names and title to do with the Joe i remember...

i know, i know, this is a "new" take on Joe...cool, fine, whatever...it's still not what i wanted or hoped for...it's that simple for me...THAT is why I refuse this movie...

AlleyViper47
06-17-2009, 03:31 PM
But I also have read the suits are in one chase seen. Thats it.

And also spoiler here...........DON'T READ....................CC doesn't become CC until the last 5 minutes of the movie. It's true the doctor becomes CC which still disappoints me. Because couldn't hasbro come up with a better story for CC, I mean it seems too Darth Vader to me.

I would have been happy with CC being a rich, powerful American politician who can persuade and buy people off to join Cobra. Hence his relationship with Destro both wanting to rule the world. Of course the only thing CC would need is a Business suit and a hood and I would have loved it. Because after all it is the ''Rise of Cobra.''

But of course the idea is to sell toys so they went with this as CC.(at least from what I know) Lord Zedd YouTube - Lord Zedd: Emperor of Evil (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8HrsZ6SbPnk)

A.C.T.
06-17-2009, 03:45 PM
Not a hater, but I just don't like it. Even if it was call 'The Army Guys". Its as simple as that. I'm still going to see it and take my son, but I got know love for that movie. I also got know complaints. Whoever likes it, I say support it. If you don't like it, don't see it. I'm happy for the people who feel there getting there wish. A live action G.I.Joe movie. Hopefully they re-do it down the line and make something a little closer to what I remember. Yo Joe!!

Blackdragon
06-17-2009, 03:58 PM
It looked cool when the Night Raven was flying straight up in the air before the scene where Ripcord ejects.

Great Scott!
06-17-2009, 04:05 PM
The end is pretty funny!

YouTube - G.I. Joe: The Rise of Cobra - TV Trailer (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=uPErY-0YNeA&fmt=22)

AMERICAN_Hero7
06-17-2009, 04:20 PM
looks good

Tracker
06-17-2009, 04:28 PM
Cool looks real good :D but i couldn't make out what duke said at the end

nickvree
06-17-2009, 04:36 PM
looks awesome! Not gonna win any awards, but gonna be a fun action movie, like Transformers was.

Loved the one-liner at the end. I just read the prequel, and Rip was always saying stuff like that, although it got to be too much in the book.

Definitely gonna see this multiple times!

SNAKE EYES
06-17-2009, 04:36 PM
Cool looks real good :D but i couldn't make out what duke said at the end

Ripcord said he went through the Train and Duke said he jumped over it, then Ripcord says with a surprised look "you can do that."

Deefuzz
06-17-2009, 04:42 PM
For some reason, that trailer made me warm up to the movie just a little bit more.

Troynos
06-17-2009, 04:49 PM
Looked pretty good.

Get to see a fight between Baroness and Scarlett, hot damn!!

CoBrAtHeEnEmY78
06-17-2009, 04:51 PM
that was not bad ,not bad at all

Rocky
06-17-2009, 04:55 PM
Not bad, very interesting. The only gripe is the line "A real American Hero" seemed very cheesy.............

Monkeywrench
06-17-2009, 04:59 PM
meh

Monkeywrench
06-17-2009, 05:01 PM

whats a h8er to do?

qft

gdztoyz
06-17-2009, 05:07 PM
Not bad at all, this one came across way better than the few that we have seen. I even managed a giggle with the last bit:) That's something I could imagine Alpine and Bazooka in the cartoon saying.

AlleyViper47
06-17-2009, 05:14 PM
Well knowing the movie is mostly to sell toys to young kids(and some of you guys) in mind, you'd have to expect that.

Rumor is there are MANY cheesy lines from the Baroness. But hey it's all about the ass with her. I guess.

I will pay homage to my childhood and go see this version and maybe someday Hasbro/Hollywood remake it in a more realistic version. But I won't hold my breath.

For now I just view it as the beginning or the rebirth of GI Joe. It may never be what you want but hey at least it's back.

Gunzlingr
06-17-2009, 05:17 PM
I enjoyed that, better than anything I had previously seen. Did get a kick out of the banter at the end.

smag99
06-17-2009, 05:22 PM
Best trailer yet, still a little worried though lol

erikyurk
06-17-2009, 05:22 PM
Wow...that's horrible. And I'm not laughing anymore.

samantha
06-17-2009, 05:27 PM
I like that trailer. It really looks decent.

samantha
06-17-2009, 05:30 PM
Ripcord said he went through the Train and Duke said he jumped over it, then Ripcord says with a surprised look I didn't know these suits could jump.

He actually said, "you can do that?"

SNAKE EYES
06-17-2009, 05:34 PM

Thanks Sam I just changed it :)

SNAKE EYES
06-17-2009, 05:37 PM
BTW, besides the last hilarious one liner, was there anything we haven't seen before?

I'm pretty sure the scene with Scarlett and the Baroness fighting is new and also the clip of the Night Raven flying under a bridge and it looks like you can see a parachute deploy now at the end of Ripcord's free fall.

Money-B
06-17-2009, 05:39 PM
Why doesn't the Baroness have an accent?

I'm sure this has been talked about somewhere, but it would take years to find it.

Does anyone know?

BTW, this trailer looks pretty good. Some of it could have been left out, but what can you do?
I'm still going to see it at least twice. (once for the release and once at the con)

Lody
06-17-2009, 05:54 PM
Looks like it will reak of awesomness!

Can't wait for it!

Ewokhunter92
06-17-2009, 06:09 PM
Well that was.....interesting.

Looks like I may be eating crow. So I guess we'll have to wait and see now, won't we.

blayze5150
06-17-2009, 06:13 PM
The movie is going to R-O-C-K!!! Haters will be smited!

krunk viper
06-17-2009, 06:14 PM
I am...slowly....liking...the look....of this...movie.

As in: I'm now open to the possibility it could have some redeeming value where GI Joe is concerned. I've never been worried about it being a fun popcorn flick. My main opposition has stemmed from the fact that GI Joe, at it's core, is an American fighting force.

But, after seeing the trailers, maybe there are enough Americans on the team to overlook the "U.N." aspects.

Then part of me wishes there was no live action movie AT ALL...

Extremely...conflicted.

Mainframe
06-17-2009, 06:51 PM
I hate to say it, but that trailer just kinda changed my perspective on things a little bit, and looking at everyone else's, I think this might be a good movie......

Warrant Officer Flint
06-17-2009, 06:58 PM
That looks so cool. The end if funny, haha. The SN, ST thing will be sweet and so does Gen. Hawk. Destro seems soooooo cool too, and Ripcord seems awesome too! This movie is going to rock and I agree 100% with what freedom. Can't waittt!!!

Warrant Officer Flint
06-17-2009, 06:59 PM
The movie is going to R-O-C-K!!! Haters will be smited!

Actually, this movie is gonna ROC :D

MTN
06-17-2009, 07:04 PM
That looks great! I can't wait to see it.

jibbajabbawocky
06-17-2009, 07:05 PM

That got a chuckle out of me. This should have been the first trailer.

dmarrese
06-17-2009, 07:05 PM
I still think they turned up the cheese dial in this film, but visually it looks pretty cool. Lots or corny one-liners, though. I'm going to see it but I still won't pick up 95% of the toys. And the 5% of stuff I do get will be the off-screen/modern era stuff (that doesn't look ANYTHING like the movie designs, amen for that).

FFanglin
06-17-2009, 07:06 PM
I'll see it once at the movies, and I will also buy the DVD. Don't really care at this point. I've seen good and bad movie's before "My goosh I even own the movie Hot Rod"

artiepants
06-17-2009, 07:22 PM
at least it's coming out after Land of the Lost, so it probably won't eb the biggest bomb of the summer...

dawingster
06-17-2009, 07:27 PM
Looking forward to the movie.

DPrime
06-17-2009, 07:46 PM
Hmm, yeah, well, that wasn't too bad. I guess we'll see?

i can 100% guarantee, without knowing any of you personally, that each and every one of you has spent more time and more money on far, far worse.
(especially if any of you saw "the spirit"!)

Touche... I doubt very much that GI Joe will be worse than that stinking turd of a movie.

State Trooper
06-17-2009, 08:00 PM
Oh my God!

I want to see this!!!!
(Maybe I can get my girlfriend to come.)

Flame Viper
06-17-2009, 08:20 PM
Honestly I think the movie is going to be cool anyway. The trailer was darn good if you ask me. I kinda don't care too much for the accelorator suits, but that is movies for you.

I hope for it to do well. And I hope I like it. But I am not going to bash it till I see it for myself.

IceWolf
06-17-2009, 08:31 PM
Yep was excited before....and still excited. Can't wait!

tigerforce-88
06-17-2009, 08:36 PM
the new trailer looks cool can't wait till august

dragon
06-17-2009, 08:40 PM
i agree dont care what the fans say i like how this movie looks i may not like how cobra commandre looks but i like it anyway that last scens in the trailer was unexpected i jumped over the train you can do that.

that was kinda funny

Snake Eyes-Joe Ninja
06-17-2009, 08:49 PM
Oh my God!

I want to see this!!!!

It's not hard.

carion
06-17-2009, 08:51 PM
I think its going to be a good movie.
I also think all the haters on this site must work for mattel and want the movie and toyline to fail.

jaimanstone
06-17-2009, 09:02 PM
For some reason, that trailer made me warm up to the movie just a little bit more.

hmmm.... Same here.

cocoabononohead
06-17-2009, 09:16 PM
This will be an insufferable 2 hours.

compactattitude
06-17-2009, 09:28 PM
I know the rumor of Sommers getting almost fired has been proven false and all but seeing this new TV spot has me thinking there might have been a little truth to it. I mean this is way better then anything shown so far and it's all been shown before except for the last bit, it was just recut and the effects looked way better.
My fears are not as bad as they were before, but I still don't like the scene were Ripcord breaks thru the train, just for the fact the people on the train seem to react before it happens, maybe it's the slow motion but it still throws me off.

This and the new one sheets has me ready for opening night.

Epyx Blowtorch
06-17-2009, 09:31 PM
The folks referred to as "haters" are ironically enough the biggest "lovers". They love G.I.Joe so much that they hate to see brought to the masses as bubblegum tripe (sorry for mixing metaphors here).

And yes, the Baroness doesn't have an accent. Source material? Who needs source material?

Iron Will
06-17-2009, 09:35 PM
The 25th line was doing fine before the movie. I will not be seeing this in the theatre. I love the opinion that if you belong to this site you must see it. Garbage is garbage. I am more often wrong about the trailers that look good and turn out bad than the ones that look bad and are bad. It has already been hinted at that Resolute will continue and I feel that this is the direction Joe should go in. Sorry for being able to form my own opinion!

arashikage tat
06-17-2009, 09:42 PM
yeah I'm totally diggin it

gunslingercbr
06-17-2009, 09:43 PM
I know the rumor of Sommers getting almost fired has been proven false and all but seeing this new TV spot has me thinking there might have been a little truth to it. I mean this is way better then anything shown so far and it's all been shown before except for the last bit, it was just recut and the effects looked way better.
My fears are not as bad as they were before, but I still don't like the scene were Ripcord breaks thru the train, just for the fact the people on the train seem to react before it happens, maybe it's the slow motion but it still throws me off.

This and the new one sheets has me ready for opening night.
trailers are assembled and made by separate companies that specialize in such. every shot in the film will be directed by Sommers, and an editor just chooses which take of a scene or shot to use instead of another. as such, every shot in the trailer is Sommer's doing, so there can't be anything about it that lends any credence to his being fired. in fact, if it looks good, it would dispute that claim. any affect a different editor has on the movie will only be seen in the completed movie.

erikyurk
06-17-2009, 09:51 PM
Explain to me what looks good because I missed it.

jaimanstone
06-17-2009, 10:06 PM
The folks referred to as "haters" are ironically enough the biggest "lovers". They love G.I.Joe so much that they hate to see brought to the masses as bubblegum tripe (sorry for mixing metaphors here).

What a load of B.S.. And anyone who wants to give the movie a shot or is excited about it isn't a "true fan," right?

flash70
06-17-2009, 10:16 PM
great dialogue -

duke - what happened to you?
ripcord - I'm in another $5.00 bin movie, you.
duke - I see my career being like van dam - DEAD.
ripcord - thats' why i'm in this movie.

thanks for the crappy movie...mr. sommers.

nightfall
06-17-2009, 10:22 PM
Hey fellow tankers....someone wanted too know who posted about the Barroness's accent. Well I'm guilty. I have viewed the trailer and well...It looks ok. Definetly not what a lot of grew up on. I am just about 35 pages short of finishing the prequel book and I find it pretty cool or a word from our generation radical. Word is the movie is rated very low on many scales but what truly matters is how we rate it for ourselves my brothers and sisters. Anyway I can't wait on some Resolute love from Hasbro...come on and bring it. Yo Joe!

COBRACOLLECTOR
06-17-2009, 10:25 PM
http://i524.photobucket.com/albums/cc326/COBRACOLLECTOR/jb.jpg

Shin Densetsu
06-17-2009, 10:32 PM
I hope more trailers focus primarily on Storm Shadow(though I doubt they will, he's ALWAYS overlooked in favor of Snake Eyes, like that one time we had to wait 2 years for an o-ring "new sculpt" Storm Shadow years back).

Sigma6_fan85
06-17-2009, 10:57 PM

you cant always get what you want.

Sigma6_fan85
06-17-2009, 11:09 PM
great dialogue -

duke - what happened to you?
ripcord - I'm in another $5.00 bin movie, you.
duke - I see my career being like van dam - DEAD.
ripcord - thats' why i'm in this movie.

thanks for the crappy movie...mr. sommers.
- Words from a closed minded moron

stknviper1071
06-17-2009, 11:14 PM
i rather get kicked in the nuts then see this abomanation of a movie.......baroness no accent, stupid robo cop style armor,

somers should be marched up to a wall and shot for murdering what would have been a awsome movie if they stayed true to the comics and cartoon,,,,,larry hama envolvement was just to get publicity in my oppinion

Sigma6_fan85
06-17-2009, 11:18 PM
i rather get kicked in the nuts then see this abomanation of a movie.......baroness no accent, stupid robo cop style armor,

somers should be marched up to a wall and shot for murdering what would have been a awsome movie if they stayed true to the comics and cartoon,,,,,larry hama envolvement was just to get publicity in my oppinion

least sommer's is more creative than micheal bay who thinks nothing but expolsions.

Barefoot Jedi
06-17-2009, 11:20 PM
The look of the characters, the re-invention of the characters, even the accelerator suits don't bother me as much as my fear the dialogue of this film will be saturated with one-liners that are neither clever or funny. Channing and Marlon's banter at the end of this clip lead me to believe that will be the case even more.

One of the more appealing aspects of Resolute was its very sober take on the Joe universe and its limited comic relief (Tunnel Rat's lines that were handled well).

beachead
06-17-2009, 11:29 PM

ive said it 1000 times....it costs more for any snake eyes figure than it does to see this movie. win, lose or draw....every Joe fan should pony up and support.
(and if $8 is going to break you, you shouldnt be buying toys in the first place)

movie is going to suck worse than cobra la!

Derek2783
06-17-2009, 11:29 PM
Looks like it will reak of awesomness!

It'll reek of something, anyway...

It's not hard.

That's what she said.

at least it's coming out after Land of the Lost, so it probably won't be the biggest bomb of the summer...

Hehe. Key word there: "probably"

- Words from a closed minded moron

-Words from a closed-minded moron.

That doesn't make any of those movies less of a mistake, or make this movie any more worthy of seeing. You said you can't see why some people still refuse this movie, but I can't see why you can't let go of the fact that not everyone shares your opinion, and that refusing the movie is a legitimate point of view.

That being said, I'm personally there opening night. I'm an avowed hater, but I'll be there.

beachead
06-17-2009, 11:30 PM
least sommer's is more creative than micheal bay who thinks nothing but expolsions.

you serious?

Jay West
06-17-2009, 11:33 PM

whats a h8er to do?

Everyone is kidding themselves if they think G.I. Joe will continue at a fraction of what we have gotten over the past couple of years if this fails. You want Joe products then hope the movie does well. The Joe comics rock, Resolute was pretty good, the ROC figures aren't bad no matter what anyone says, the upcoming 7 packs looks good. You want that to continue - you want the movie to do well.

The movie fails and we are all going to have to depend on the club and ebay for our fix.

Shin Densetsu
06-17-2009, 11:40 PM
Everyone is kidding themselves if they think G.I. Joe will continue at a fraction of what we have gotten over the past couple of years if this fails. You want Joe products then hope the movie does well. The Joe comics rock, Resolute was pretty good, the ROC figures aren't bad no matter what anyone says, the upcoming 7 packs looks good. You want that to continue - you want the movie to do well.

The movie fails and we are all going to have to depend on the club and ebay for our fix.

True

Gaelinic
06-17-2009, 11:44 PM
Sorry for being able to form my own opinion!

Apology accepted.

CrimsonGuard101
06-18-2009, 12:02 AM
Nothing new in this cept more crap that proves how embarrising this movie is going to be...WTF does Wayanes just not get it? Heavy duty freaking tells him "it accelrates you!" for god sake and he jumps through the train is totally oblivious that he can JUMP over the gd thing? And then he is all climbimg on buildings prior to the train incdent and he still dose not understand the suit? Not only are the suits retarded it appears the joes are too (how that comic relief is even funny or acceptbale is beyond my understanding cept maybe people just wishful thinking it is greatest thing since sliced bread and it is the last slice they will ever get).

If you can accept and believe that I have 100 acres of ocean front Proptery in Bakersfield California for $8.99 an acre...

how many times are they going to piece together the same 5 scenes over and over and add more fading effects to make it seem new? Who cares if it is just one scene of the suits theres plenty of other crap that has totally ruined this, they bombed it big time. "The Real American hero" line dosent even fit right...they are not all AMERICAN heros in this movie anyway, it's world wide peace keepers force. I like the way General Hawk has to say "this is general Hawk the mission is a go!"...Like they don't know it is hawk, who else would it be? Duke is with them in the field! He just has to say it to remind the audiance that it is him and not some other character LOL...typical Dennis Quaid line...

And that last scene with them acting all put out and exhausted from thier superior accelerator suits...yeah it made me laugh...at how stupid it really is going to be...what humor will be next...The lines of the lemmings at the movies wasting money to support the destruciton of GI JOE as we knew it? You go guys... just don't influence em so much they ruin Sideshow's future figures to represent this garbage...you've ruined Hasbro by supporting this ROC filth already...please don't destroy the other ARAH/vintage future options a lot of us would like to see...

jaimanstone
06-18-2009, 12:10 AM

You're right murder is definitely justified. Great point, a real solid addition to this discussion. Of COURSE Sommers should be murdered because the movie is not exactly what you wanted. Seriously, screw Hamma too. Why not murder him as well for not stopping this "rape" of childhood memories?

CrimsonGuard101
06-18-2009, 12:13 AM
I already said Hama deserves the death penatly for selling out GI JOE on ROC anyways.

Yes there will be blood....lots....

MeLikeJinx
06-18-2009, 12:13 AM
Hahaha... they actually said "Real American Heroes" in the movie. Awesome. That's it... I'm sold; You watch, this is going to be the GREATEST MOVIE EVAR!!! Yo Joe. LOL. JXX)

night force jazz
06-18-2009, 12:50 AM
nope

and that's my main complaint about the marketing for this mess of a movie; EVERY trailer and TV spot I've caught has all of the exact same bits of footage over and over again. the only difference between each new ad, as we get closer to the movie's opening night, is that a few seconds of new footage from the same scenes are added in, like that dumbassed "over the train" dialogue bit.

Ewokhunter92
06-18-2009, 12:50 AM

In that line of thinking, it's blackmail. "you don't buy these, we don't continue with those"

Everyone says that the 25th and the ROC are 2 separate things, yet they will be tied together when it comes out. Hasbro won't continue with the classic line if the movie fails, they will just say it's the brand that has died. There's lots of toys line out right now that run 2 separate lines live action/animated. and they both sell equally well.

Why does the classic JOE line have to suffer the fate of the movie?

I may go see the movie or not. But it won't be in hopes they continue with the classic line.

If Hasbro shuts down the Joe line, then I'm done. big deal, I'll move on, I'll have more money, and I'll move on. There will ALWAYS be something esle out there for me to buy, so I won't put up with the buy this and we'll make that mentality. Do or do not, there is no try. Either way, I won't lose any sleep over it.

Lion
06-18-2009, 12:52 AM

This^, all of this^

Imperial_Ozma
06-18-2009, 03:52 AM
Nothing new in this cept more crap that proves how embarrising this movie is going to be...WTF does Wayanes just not get it? Heavy duty freaking tells him "it accelrates you!" for god sake and he jumps through the train is totally oblivious that he can JUMP over the gd thing? And then he is all climbimg on buildings prior to the train incdent and he still dose not understand the suit? Not only are the suits retarded it appears the joes are too (how that comic relief is even funny or acceptbale is beyond my understanding cept maybe people just wishful thinking it is greatest thing since sliced bread and it is the last slice they will ever get).

If you can accept and believe that I have 100 acres of ocean front Proptery in Bakersfield California for $8.99 an acre...

how many times are they going to piece together the same 5 scenes over and over and add more fading effects to make it seem new? Who cares if it is just one scene of the suits theres plenty of other crap that has totally ruined this, they bombed it big time. "The Real American hero" line dosent even fit right...they are not all AMERICAN heros in this movie anyway, it's world wide peace keepers force.

I like the way General Hawk has to say "this is general Hawk the mission is a go!"...

Unless the Baroness realizes exactly who is following her, remember in this movie she is connected to Duke so she'd know about him (and possibly Ripcord) maybe "Real American Hero" was even her pet name for Duke back in the day.

And as for the Hawk line... duh, it's called exposition, you have to state some things to clue the audience in. In a Novel you can put in the narration... in a movie you have to show or say everything you want them to know.

CrimsonGuard101
06-18-2009, 04:57 AM
Unless the Baroness realizes exactly who is following her, remember in this movie she is connected to Duke so she'd know about him (and possibly Ripcord) maybe "Real American Hero" was even her pet name for Duke back in the day.

We can assume she could careless from the tone of the statment just like her "nice shoes" comment (shes all pissy at every turn, not domineering or sadistic like she should be, more like a brat on pms whose parents didn't raise her right), its a catch all and shes referring to a supposed "unknown" World Peace Keeping force. Did they call her and breif her before the battle that americans woul dbe after her? Whose to say Duke is american, he coul dbe South African for all we know and with Sommers changes. Much like to Destro's comment to Hawk inquiring with what his unit was called even though Hawk never said what it was in his overly brutish response like he is the cool d00d...and yet Destro knows its GI JOE from Zartan's infiltration as a Pit Commando Military Police.

And as for the Hawk line... duh, it's called exposition, you have to state some things to clue the audience in. In a Novel you can put in the narration... in a movie you have to show or say everything you want them to know.

I think people could tell from his uniform and when he speaks to the President that he is some sort of General. I am sure he is refered to by others om the film multiple times by his character name. Him standing in a control room stating the obvious at a computer screen is flawed. A novel is different since you have no pictures, only your mind. If we have to have a "hi, my name is" at every turn to explain it and dumb it down and assume every one watching has never seen, heard, or bought a GI JOE product for the last 30 years and can't figure it out then it needs to be just what it appears to be...a bland, no frills, lowest comon denomitor film about some miltiary stuff with some sc-fi and out of place crapstic humor lines rolled up into james bond. Not GI JOE.

The movie/trailers tell your mind what to think and I think it is telling me it really bad right about now anyway you slice it up and spit it back out and lable it as a "new extended trailer" does not make it any different than it is already LOL.

aussietrooper20
06-18-2009, 05:07 AM
I still wouldn't watch it. this movie is starship trooper,M.A.S.K., G.I.JOE, sky commanders and Centurions in one movie. It should be titled Sci-Fi warriors.

Also the baroness doesnt scream Cobraaa! no Yo Joe, and ripcord is suposed to be white skin. that should have been stalker instead.

Blaster'spunchingbagg
06-18-2009, 05:08 AM
I think I just wet myself with how chocked full of awesome, ownage, and oozings of kick ass this will NOT!! be. I still hate, I'm still bitter, die you hollywood stupid fuc#ers. I swear to God himself if Hasbro really thinks "Watch and support the film or else", then I say, "I call your bluff, bring it bitches!!"

Pit Viper
06-18-2009, 10:12 AM

I've been around too long to believe this. Am I the only one who remembers hearing this exact same thing from people about Sigma Six? Sigma Six's failure lead to a collector inspired 25th Anniversary line. If it had done well we would still be seeing it on the shelves.

Impossiblepie
06-18-2009, 11:11 AM
Even though I think it still looks like crap, I am still hoping the movie rocks.

And what's with the random "real american heroes" quote from the Baroness? it sounds stupid, all they did was add it in she's not even really saying it in the scene.

G.I.Eddie
06-18-2009, 11:32 AM
Oh my God!

I want to see this!!!!
i'm not even gonna touch this...i'd get banned at this site:D

exactly my point...whats a "h8ter" to do?

700block
06-18-2009, 11:47 AM
alot of people are saying they dont want to pay $8 to see this so why dont you guys go to an a.m. showing it's only $6 lol at least at amc theaters by my house.

oh by the way in this trailer around the 31 second mark is that duke protecting baroness?

oh an does anyone else here think that the guy handing over the accelerator suits sounds like cyrus from the warriors? CaN You Dig IT!

Ash Talon
06-18-2009, 01:24 PM
I waffle on whether or not this has any hope. The trailers actually don't look too bad to me. I don't have faith in Sommers or the all-black look to everything. Although, it's been stated that the Joes wear numerous outfits in it, so my second major problem might be lessened.

Sigma 6, the toyline, was doing fairly well. The show and small scale stuff didn't perform well, which gave the brand a small albatross around it. The Anniversary line wasn't planned as a full line, just a boxed set or two. Interest exploded and Sigma 6 was retired in favor of the Anniversary line.

Regarding some people's gripes...

We don't know that Hawk is being visually transmitted. He could just be on an auditory channel, hence he has to introduce who he is when giving a command.

Ripcord's personality will be different than Duke's. They might approach things differently. Maybe Duke is more of a covert ops guy. Ripcord might be more of a head-on type of guy. Hence, Duke avoids the train. Ripcord goes through it. Without seeing the movie, or even the entire scene, we don't really know. Also, this small comedy exchange certainly follows at least a part of the chase which is certainly tense. Following tense material with a joke or so is a standard technique to let the audience catch its breath.

Lantern_Lad
06-18-2009, 01:30 PM
Hate to admit I did get a chuckle out of the last line...

Sigma6_fan85
06-18-2009, 06:51 PM
you serious?

very. >.> so bite me.

Sigma6_fan85
06-18-2009, 06:57 PM
I've been around too long to believe this. Am I the only one who remembers hearing this exact same thing from people about Sigma Six? Sigma Six's failure lead to a collector inspired 25th Anniversary line. If it had done well we would still be seeing it on the shelves.

your small shitty lil joes is inferior to the might of the 8inch figure!

gunslingercbr
06-18-2009, 07:33 PM
Nothing new in this cept more crap that proves how embarrising this movie is going to be...WTF does Wayanes just not get it? Heavy duty freaking tells him "it accelrates you!" for god sake and he jumps through the train is totally oblivious that he can JUMP over the gd thing? And then he is all climbimg on buildings prior to the train incdent and he still dose not understand the suit?
no, the climbing happens after the train wreck.

the line is actually the funniest part of the script and I like it a lot.

Not only are the suits retarded it appears the joes are too
unfortunately they are. big important mission and you put two guys who have no significant training or experience in the accelerator suits to use them as opposed to a couple of Joes who are probably expert in them. that's the kind of sense the movie unfolds with. that doesn't mean it will be awful, it just means leave your brains at the door.

evebird
06-18-2009, 07:46 PM
Last line is funny.

But then again, so are G.I. Joes cartwheeling through the streets in accelerator suits.

Nonetheless, I will definitely be going to the movie. I've followed Joe for too long not to.

krunk viper
06-18-2009, 07:57 PM
Oh my God!

I want to see this!!!!

Forget it...too easy.

Stalker82
06-18-2009, 11:00 PM
Ahem...where's Baroness's accent?

Pit Viper
06-19-2009, 02:09 AM
Ahem...where's Baroness's accent?

She is an America in this for those wanting to know. Never mind the fact she had a European accent in every incarnation of the cartoon and her filecards and comic appearances indicate she is from Eastern Europe.

CrimsonGuard101
06-19-2009, 02:26 AM
Ahh that explains it...she thinks she's the "real American Hero" and is referring to herself in an angst kinda EMO way. Shes not being sarcastic after all, shes just being dimwitted Sienna Miller with a her ass in latex...big deal...

03Mach1
06-19-2009, 08:57 AM

whats a h8er to do?

Stop hating and enjoy life. It's just a movie. How do we know the other 100+ minutes of the movie aren't chock full-o ARAH nods and characters? All we have seen is the same clips cut in 20 different ways. And for those complaining about the lines and the pacing of the trailer, it's just scenes cut from the movie. They are not in any particular order other than an order that made for a fast paced trailer. For all we know, the Baroness says that 'real american heroes?' line in a totally appropriate scene. Regardless of the few hard core fans calling for a mutiny, this movie will do well in both ticket sales and toy sales. The target audience isn't us (gasp!), it's the kids ravaging the toy ailses for Bakugan. Accept it and you will enjoy this movie, and life, a whole lot more.

Gung.Heaux
06-19-2009, 09:18 AM
hate to break it to you rocky, GI Joe?....i love it to death, but it can get a tad cheesed.

Not bad, very interesting. The only gripe is the line "A real American Hero" seemed very cheesy.............

Jmacq1
06-19-2009, 09:27 AM
In that line of thinking, it's blackmail. "you don't buy these, we don't continue with those"

Everyone says that the 25th and the ROC are 2 separate things, yet they will be tied together when it comes out. Hasbro won't continue with the classic line if the movie fails, they will just say it's the brand that has died. There's lots of toys line out right now that run 2 separate lines live action/animated. and they both sell equally well.

Point of fact: There are not "lots" of toy lines out right now that run 2 separate lines. There are TWO: Transformers and Star Wars. Two of the most successful boys' toy brands in history that have continued to enjoy consistent success over the last 25+ years. Further, Hasbro has flat-out stated that the "realistic" side of the Star Wars line is not selling as well as it used to, while the "animated" side is growing in sales. Further, the "realistic" Transformers Universe line got only a fraction of the shelf-space devoted to the "animated" line, and was basically limited to just a couple waves. Lastly, the main reason for the split between realistic and animated lines is because the aesthetic of the animated lines is so different from the "classic" lines. This is not the case with G.I. Joe, where they're all "realistic" styled figures.

In short, a toy line gets the opportunity to run parallel lines AFTER it's proven itself as a top-level seller in recent years. G.I. Joe has not done that in the last 15 years. No, not even with the 25A line. When G.I. Joe pushes the volume of Star Wars and Transformers and still sells though, then we can talk.

Why does the classic JOE line have to suffer the fate of the movie?

I may go see the movie or not. But it won't be in hopes they continue with the classic line.

If Hasbro shuts down the Joe line, then I'm done. big deal, I'll move on, I'll have more money, and I'll move on. There will ALWAYS be something esle out there for me to buy, so I won't put up with the buy this and we'll make that mentality. Do or do not, there is no try. Either way, I won't lose any sleep over it.

To be fair and truthful, the classic Joe line doesn't have to suffer the fate of the movie. In truth the fate of the movie and the fate of the toy line are technically two separate things. The movie could be a huge hit but the Toy Line not sell at all (Star Trek). The toys could sell huge without the movie being a monster blockbuster (though it's not terribly likely). It's the fate of the toy line that should be focused on when discussing the future of G.I. Joe as a toy. The movie itself is only a tangent to that.

In all truth, the movie and the toy line will probably do "OK." Neither will break records or necessarily be "massive hits" but the toys will sell well enough to warrant a continuation of G.I. Joe in some form (albeit not in anywhere near the volume we're getting for the movie), and the movie will probably "break even" (particularly after DVD sales set in), but won't be the biggest hit of the summer or anything like that. Probably not even in the top 3 (Transformers 2, Harry Potter, Star Trek, and Up will be vying for those spots). The problem being that a toy line that doesn't grow to the levels of popularity that Hasbro wants will only lead to more attempts by Hasbro to reinvent the line for today's kids. -THAT- we can be assured of. We might get classic product in-between attempts and we might not, but the "classic" well will eventually run dry anyhow.

Like all things where fandom is concerned: Both sides are taking it to extremes, and the truth will probably fall somewhere in the middle.