PDA

View Full Version : HOH love it or dont care ???

BILL
04-21-2009, 03:11 PM
Ok so werent we supossed to get repaints of the top ten figs picked. I am not bashing the hoh as i do like them and have two of each so far but it seems we got the easy repack and not repaint. Blk se is just the same fig. The other se is the head everyone wanted on the new 5 pk body. Com pk beach head in single card with dirty boots. I could go on about them all being nothing that we all dont already have. I like everyone else love the box and need to have the updated figs so i got them but shouldent they have done more of them like the firefly ??? Hasboro reuses the parts and repait it in a way we havent seen him before. Also my zartan has a gi joe stand that says zartan on it. Anyone else get this as well??? Who has gotten these and thinks that hasboro did right by them and who here feels we should have gotten more ????

atomicpower
04-21-2009, 03:17 PM
I said when I saw them that I thought we should have picked the ten worst figures, because I have no need for any of the ones they redid. Had I gotten a decent Gung Ho or Cutter or Leatherneck, I'd have been happy, but I'm not sure why I voted for the figures that I did for HOH. Hindsight is 20-20, I guess. I have no use for these figures.

Lt. Faceless
04-21-2009, 03:18 PM
The only 1 i want is Firefly.I just like the bulked up look the new shirt gives him.All the others,i have versions of.

I don't care for the BAT,i like the black wash over the silver parts.The Viper looks cool,but i'm not going to rebuild my army cuz hasbro wants to add a crome faceplate.Yeah,i didn't care for them,Hasbro could of done better.

Troynos
04-21-2009, 03:32 PM
I'm very disappointed in the HoH. They're just repacks with minor tweaks (if any) and a collection of extra accessories.

Why do I want Flint to come with 2 shotguns? He can only hold one at a time and I already have 2 Flints with the 2 shotguns so I get to pick and choose which one I want to use. Why do I need a 3rd with all the options?

Firefly is the only unique one, and the only one I care about. But then I already have 4 Fireflys and a 5th coming soon (when the movie Firefly comes out). Do I really need another?

Yeah, I'm disappointed in the HoH.

What a stinker of a wave.

Now wouldn't it have been cool if the HoH figures had been that version but done in a McFarlane Toys style and non-posable? That would have been awesome. That would have been a great display HoH wave.

politicoviper
04-21-2009, 03:49 PM
Overall I am happy with the HOH. Only because I missed all of these 25th figures the first time around so when I saw the HOH set I figured who not get slighter better versions in the nice packaging considering I don't have any of them yet.
That said, If I would of already had the previous 25th versions, theres no way I would of bought this set, except for maybe the se with timber and ff. A few of the picks are really curious, like the CG. Do we really need yet another cg, only with shiny packaging? Some of the small additions were nice though, like flints backpack, I agree the second shotgun was a useless accesory to add. the black with wood stock one was just fine. My viper's crome plate has a smudge on the top so not very impressed with that one which is really disapointing.

Also my zartan has a gi joe stand that says zartan on it. Just checked and my Zartan also has a gi joe stand. Well that just shows the lack of effort put into this so called
"collectors set".

Shogi
04-21-2009, 04:04 PM
Blk se is just the same fig. The other se is the head everyone wanted on the new 5 pk body.

Way I hear it, both Snake-Eyes have the same torso. (The collar around the neck t-shirt version)

I say again, just buy the last two 5 packs and some of the comic packs that are out now and you've already gotten better versions of half of the HOH "Definitive version" figures

VIPER 48
04-21-2009, 04:07 PM
I kinda like the HOH set, although i am probably in the minority. Sure it isn't exactly what i thought it was going to be but i am satisfied with them nonetheless...

artiepants
04-21-2009, 04:14 PM
i just want the Flint and "fixed" SE v2 ~ i think they totally botched the potential of this line by having us vote too early and not including figures outside of single packs (comic packs, vehicle drivers, etc)

Troynos
04-21-2009, 04:22 PM
I still think the line would have been awesome if they had made it statues of the voted on figures. Highly detailed, maybe slightly bigger scale, posed "McFarlane" like figures. I would have bought all 10 then. That would have been a great Hall of Heroes kind of thing.

Instead of "definitive" versions that were mostly released prior.

BILL
04-21-2009, 04:39 PM
Just checked and my Zartan also has a gi joe stand. Well that just shows the lack of effort put into this so called
"collectors set".[/QUOTE]

I GUESS IM NOT THE ONLY ONE THEN. ANYONE ELSE GET A GI JOE STAND WITH THERE HOH ZARTAN. ???

RolandofGilead
04-21-2009, 04:39 PM
I'm not a MoC collector so this series is not made for the likes of me. I did, however pick up a Battle Damaged BAT. I am going to open him if that's still legal in this state.

Jinx723
04-21-2009, 05:05 PM
Just checked and my Zartan also has a gi joe stand. Well that just shows the lack of effort put into this so called
"collectors set".

I GUESS IM NOT THE ONLY ONE THEN. ANYONE ELSE GET A GI JOE STAND WITH THERE HOH ZARTAN. ???[/QUOTE]

Maybe this Zartan takes place when he assumed the Blind Master's identity and tried to be a good guy. 'Storm Shadow wanna-be'

Mech-Viper
04-21-2009, 05:06 PM
i actually found 4 out in the wild
Bat CG Storm Shadow and a Viper, so I settled for the resolute Cobra trooper

RolandofGilead
04-21-2009, 05:06 PM
I GUESS IM NOT THE ONLY ONE THEN. ANYONE ELSE GET A GI JOE STAND WITH THERE HOH ZARTAN. ???

Maybe this Zartan takes place when he assumed the Blind Master's identity and tried to be a good guy. 'Storm Shadow wanna-be'[/QUOTE]

Of maybe he's truly the ultimate "master of disguise." All those years hanging with the Dreadnoks and fighting for Cobra and it turns out he's secretly a Joe. Explains a lot.

Not that pink mohawk, but a lot.

KingCobra
04-21-2009, 05:19 PM
DON'T CARE. I'm not paying an extra $3 for an outer cardboard box.

topnotch97
04-21-2009, 05:20 PM
don't care.

Snow cat
04-21-2009, 05:20 PM
That joe stand with zartan is normal. I like the HOH set but im only going to pick up a few. I dont care for zartan firefly and crimson guard.

hwheels2
04-21-2009, 05:24 PM
If money wasnt an issue i'd love em right up.
and then possibly if i didnt have the first releases, i might.
but @ $12.99 either way. not at all.

arashikage tat
04-21-2009, 05:26 PM
I would say I'm satisfied with the HOH's....I'm not overally thrilled with them but Im not really disappointed either....I think firefly and flint came out the best

Gamble
04-21-2009, 09:02 PM
I couldn't bring myself to purchase them.

thealleyviper
04-21-2009, 09:11 PM
I'm pretty disappointed also. Ooooooh, more cardboard to rip through at a higher price point. What would have made it cool would have been if they made a build-a-fig with em. Maybe pieces to a REAL Zartan skiff? Or pieces to make S.N.A.K.E. armor? And then I would have to be upset about buying the figures again to build a piece.....(sigh)....

Flame Viper
04-21-2009, 10:29 PM
Big pass for me. Just repaints to me. I like the ones I already have now.

manicmotive
04-21-2009, 10:41 PM
Hasbro- 1, Consumer- 0. why on earth? would, us the vocal majority of collectors, even consider buying this stuff? I honestly do not wish to sound condescending, but we ALREADY paid for these figures. It's like writing a "free pass". Go ahead and screw up our favorites, we'll buy it, then buy it again when you make it slightly better.

Roshan
04-21-2009, 10:44 PM
I'm a loose collector, so there's no way in hell they're getting me to buy those.

ocab27
04-21-2009, 10:48 PM
I'm pretty disappointed also. Ooooooh, more cardboard to rip through at a higher price point. What would have made it cool would have been if they made a build-a-fig with em. Maybe pieces to a REAL Zartan skiff? Or pieces to make S.N.A.K.E. armor? And then I would have to be upset about buying the figures again to build a piece.....(sigh)....

S.N.A.K.E. armor would de sooooooo nice :)

Joe Grizzly
04-21-2009, 10:52 PM
wells heres my problem with it. we got to pick 10 characters and didnt really get the upgrading we thought we were going to get. BUT! more than that all Ive read from "the fans" prior to this is how sick and tired they are of 100 repaints and sculpts and versions of snake eyes and storm shadow. Sooo, what do all of you pick for your top ten?!?! well 2 versions of snake eyes and another storm shadow!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! whatever

GhostGL
04-21-2009, 10:52 PM
I just got Zartan today. This is my first HOH figure, got em off ebay. Paint job seems nice don't notice any glaring goofs on em. The chest armor detail (scuffing?) looks nice. And i think i like this Zartan head better then the Zartan with skiff one. It kinda looks like it might be the same head as the first Zartan figure, haven't compared em side by side yet. And the packaging is nice, just gonna leave em moc. So i've got 3 Zartans (when we gonna get resolute Zartan?).

I also wanna get Storm Shadow probably a BAT, maybe Flint and not sure about any others well maybe Beach Head, i've not gotten his figure yet. But yeah so far i'm happy with Zartan, hope the others are as nice.

RuckusJr
04-21-2009, 10:58 PM
I got some of mine yesterday, and I like them, but don't love them. They don't look as improved as the pics made them look. I'm a MOC guy so these display really well, but I wish there was just a little bit more to these. That may change when I get my BAT and Ninja Snake Eyes...

manicmotive
04-21-2009, 10:59 PM
wells heres my problem with it. we got to pick 10 characters and didnt really get the upgrading we thought we were going to get. BUT! more than that all Ive read from "the fans" prior to this is how sick and tired they are of 100 repaints and sculpts and versions of snake eyes and storm shadow. Sooo, what do all of you pick for your top ten?!?! well 2 versions of snake eyes and another storm shadow!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! whatever

good point. to which I can only reply, I think alot of voters were picking they're favorite characters thinking they were getting the "ultra deluxe, I'm wetting my pants, thank you're maker I've got this" version, when they got the, "A little more silver here, the head from that other guy there, let's make a new box" version.

manicmotive
04-21-2009, 10:59 PM
self edit. their

manicmotive
04-21-2009, 11:00 PM
and your. I must be contraction happy tonight.

PitViper
04-21-2009, 11:15 PM
When I first signed on to collecting, and came here, HOH was what the topic of discussion seemed to be. Since then my collection is 98% complete and I just dont see the need for these figures.

I may pick up a Firefly or a CG, but no rush, if I miss em, I wont care..I dont need repaints and fancy boxes.

GhostGL
04-21-2009, 11:17 PM
good point. to which I can only reply, I think alot of voters were picking they're favorite characters thinking they were getting the "ultra deluxe, I'm wetting my pants, thank you're maker I've got this" version, when they got the, "A little more silver here, the head from that other guy there, let's make a new box" version.

I'd like a battle armor Cobra Commander, with armor on the legs like it was on the original figure, and a glass lens on the helmet. Or ooh how about a back shot Cobra Commander! :)

snakeeyes22
04-21-2009, 11:52 PM
I just opened the ones I got just because I flound them at FYE at the mall. Flint, Crimson Guard, BAT and Viper.

I think they are pretty nifty, but probably only since I've become so accustomed to repaints and redos lately. 12.99 is quite steep, but justified to me only since there's nothing new to get my fix, only new images of stuff that may or may not come out.

Viper-painted arms and gunmetal pockets and toes make it better, but not significantly than 5pack
Flint-old head, some deco changes, make it a little better than 5 pack. Strange that it has Duke's chest with medal.
BAT-extra head and spore pack cool, but isn't this coming in 7 pack and single card also?
CG-I really like the classic feel of the silver visor and bright red of the backpack and helmet. Why not brighten the body though?

Overall, I feel that most of these are actually the very best versions, but by such a slim margin, particularly since we've squandered our excitement and money on the improved versions that hit retail in just the last few months. Its kind of a double dip.

I think a lot of voting was based on what was hard to find at the time. Who knew back then that V1 Snake Eyes would be rereleased to pegwarming?

And technically, fans voted for the 1st Zartan.

karamazov80
04-21-2009, 11:55 PM
Don't care. Already got all those that I need.

MeLikeJinx
04-22-2009, 12:34 AM
I said when I saw them that I thought we should have picked the ten worst figures, because I have no need for any of the ones they redid.
That pretty much sums it up right there; had we known we were going to get flooded with revision waves and the new Joe 5 packs I'm sure everybody would have voted for different people. I would have LOVED a new Scarlett that was upgraded to the same standards as the new Lady Jaye. And I also would have loved a new Falcon too. But since these current HOH figs are online only it doesn't really matter to me because they will not pegwarm at retail and thus prevent new product from ever seeing the light of day.

BILL
04-22-2009, 01:52 PM
That joe stand with zartan is normal. I like the HOH set but im only going to pick up a few. I dont care for zartan firefly and crimson guard.

really ???

wells heres my problem with it. we got to pick 10 characters and didnt really get the upgrading we thought we were going to get. BUT! more than that all Ive read from "the fans" prior to this is how sick and tired they are of 100 repaints and sculpts and versions of snake eyes and storm shadow. Sooo, what do all of you pick for your top ten?!?! well 2 versions of snake eyes and another storm shadow!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! whatever[/QUOTE

IF WE ONLY THOUGHT IT THRU FIRST.
]

[QUOTE=PitViper;689404]
I may pick up a Firefly or a CG, but no rush, if I miss em, I wont care..I dont need repaints and fancy boxes.

DONT PICK UP THE CG. ITS A WASTE OF MONEY. YOU ARE BETTER OFF WITH THE FRED SERIES COM PACK ONES OR GET THE TRU PACK FOR MORE CGS. THE HOH ONE IS JUST A BRIGHTER STUPID LOOKING HELMET AND BACK PACK. IT LOOKS REAL BAD.

EXACTLY MY POINT

chickenbroth
04-22-2009, 01:57 PM
I really like them, but my toy budget has been cut back thanks to our wonderful economy so I must cut back on stuff I don't feel I absolutly need. Must save money for 7 packs!

ironknife
04-22-2009, 02:07 PM
are these in the store or just online????

jgasbo1
04-22-2009, 02:24 PM
For those of you whom have purchased the HOH set, was the packaging MOMC? I have read some issues from other tankers of some bent card corners for Storm Shadow. They claim that it was a how they were packed from Hasbro and not from their e-tailer. Also hearing claims of sloppy paint applications.

So in short,

1. which e-tailer did you use?
2. were all of your figures MOMC?
3. if not, then which figures were less than mint?
4. how ere the paint applications?

BILL
04-22-2009, 02:33 PM
are these in the store or just online????

just online but some people have seen them at local comic shops as well as fye or suncoast stores. They just purchase them online and mark them up and put them out on the sheleves.

for those of you whom have purchased the hoh set, was the packaging momc? I have read some issues from other tankers of some bent card corners for storm shadow. They claim that it was a how they were packed from hasbro and not from their e-tailer. Also hearing claims of sloppy paint applications.

So in short,

1. Which e-tailer did you use?
2. Were all of your figures momc?
3. If not, then which figures were less than mint?
4. How ere the paint applications?

1-small joes
2-3-most but yes ss bottom right slight crushing on outer box , card its self was perfect. I bought two cases sealed and ss was not at the ends of the box so it couldent have happend from shipping.
4-they were ok. Just not much really done to these paint wise.

jgasbo1
04-23-2009, 08:10 AM
Bill thanks for the reply. Anyone else care to join in?

Hellion42
04-23-2009, 09:20 AM

1. HTS
2. I think so (see below)
3. There was a small crease in the window of Flint's box, didn't notice it until it was opened, so it may have been me.
4. Random brown splotch on the front of Fred's hair.

Back to the original topic, it would have been nice to be able to predict the future and pick 10 figs that needed it the most. But as it stands the set as a whole was really hit and miss for me. I picked up Flint, Viper, BAT, and CG (4 of the ones I voted for). CG was different enough for me to keep, and it looks like this BAT is going to be different from the one in the upcoming 7-pack, so I'll hang on to them just to add to my "variant army." http://s70.photobucket.com/albums/i116/hellion42/smilies/optimuslaugh.gif Flint looks great except for the head, I still think it's too big and the jawline is ridiculous. Viper is almost dead-on for the 5-pack version, and I can't really justify keeping it. (Anybody need one? I'm selling it at cost here (http://www.hisstank.com/forum/g-i-joe-buy-sell-trade/16668-hellion42s-bst-list.html), along with the empty boxes for the custom-figure folks.) So overall I'm kind of indifferent, but I'm mostly happy with my purchases.

Mern-Ra
04-23-2009, 12:06 PM
Don't care.

sba
04-23-2009, 04:21 PM
I opened a Firefly today and his arms are VERY rubbery

RATFINK
04-23-2009, 04:23 PM
I just want a few HOH bats thats it

boff123
04-23-2009, 04:31 PM
pass on the repaints.

Gung.Heaux
04-23-2009, 05:20 PM
do any of you really think that your votes counted? hasbro was going to do the ten they wanted to do.
remember the transformers movie contest for the optimus prime quote? did you really think anything besides "freedom is the right...blah blah bleeh blah." would really win?
its a classic line that needed to be in the movie and they could make up a name and say..."we have ourselves a winnah!".

the HoH IMO was a sham to make you participate and make you feel as if you participated.

Lt. Faceless
04-23-2009, 06:26 PM
do any of you really think that your votes counted? hasbro was going to do the ten they wanted to do.
remember the transformers movie contest for the optimus prime quote? did you really think anything besides "freedom is the right...blah blah bleeh blah." would really win?
its a classic line that needed to be in the movie and they could make up a name and say..."we have ourselves a winnah!".

the HoH IMO was a sham to make you participate and make you feel as if you participated.

While i don't think they were all done like that.I'm willing to bet hasbro put Commando SEs in there.Why would fans vote for a toy that pegwarmed everywhere?

firefly069
04-23-2009, 06:34 PM

yep of course hasbro made the ones they wanted to make. Totally agree with this.

As for HOH not really necessary to be honest.....I would rather pick up resolute versions of the same characters...

BILL
04-23-2009, 07:47 PM
do any of you really think that your votes counted? Hasbro was going to do the ten they wanted to do.
Remember the transformers movie contest for the optimus prime quote? Did you really think anything besides "freedom is the right...blah blah bleeh blah." would really win?
Its a classic line that needed to be in the movie and they could make up a name and say..."we have ourselves a winnah!".

The hoh imo was a sham to make you participate and make you feel as if you participated.

yeah did anyone vote for the viper or blk se.

Blaster'spunchingbagg
04-23-2009, 07:57 PM
I'm not as a die-hard fan of Joes as most on here are, so when the wave was announced as a bunch of ultra re-do's I said I'm not voting on them nor am I purchasing them. They get filed under I for I don't give a Sh*t!

CaptainDinobot
04-23-2009, 11:03 PM
Doesn't really spark my interest, I do want the Flint though.

xhairs
04-23-2009, 11:09 PM
not enough chages to get figs we already have so i pass on it i dont hate the idea but it would be good for figs that where hard to get or new figs altogether.

Gamble
04-24-2009, 01:48 AM
TRU only has them online.

Bravestarr
04-24-2009, 02:07 AM
HOH is great for MOC collectors.

But most of you have it right. There is not much to open if you already have these figures.

The only one I opened was Firefly, and he is cool.

A bit shorter than normal, but still very cool.

Hellion42
04-24-2009, 07:14 AM
yeah did anyone vote for the viper

Yes.

1SGHauser
04-24-2009, 07:18 AM
I don't have any so it;s hard to tell...that and I have yet to see any reviews posted... Given their price range for what ammounts to a bunch of repaints.... I don't care for them.

I'll get a Storm Shadow, that's about it.

silence368
04-24-2009, 03:24 PM
I just got the bat. Thats all I'm interested in right now. The line's a good idea but they should make new figures with it, no repaints.

Steel Brigade
04-24-2009, 09:05 PM
"collectors set".

All of the HoH Zartan's have GI Joe stands & not Cobra ones... ~_~

snakeeyes22
04-24-2009, 09:22 PM
For those of you whom have purchased the HOH set, was the packaging MOMC? I have read some issues from other tankers of some bent card corners for Storm Shadow. They claim that it was a how they were packed from Hasbro and not from their e-tailer. Also hearing claims of sloppy paint applications.

So in short,

I got mine at an FYE and they were unceremoniously sitting on the floor, one proppedmup on a peg, since the have no hooks.

3 out of 4 boxes were nice, one had a bent corner.
Paint apps all pretty spot on, although it's hard to ruin that muddy boot effect.
Cards inside all pristine, but the corners are taped under the gold background, so be warned if planning on removing the fig on card to display.

lkoldstone
04-24-2009, 09:39 PM
I haven't gotten any of them yet, but plan on trying to get the BAT, second SE, firefly, and the Viper.
I think they should try it again, only this time, give us a list of characters they HAVEN'T done yet, and let us pick the 10 most wanted. Then, make them for us.

SLICKWILLY79
04-24-2009, 09:58 PM
Yes my Storm Shadow card was bent at the bottom corner as well.

DaViper
04-24-2009, 10:02 PM
I still have the HoH sitting in my POL waiting to be shipped. From all the bad review I don't know if I want them sent to me. EEEK...

Barefoot Jedi
04-24-2009, 10:04 PM
Don't really care.

I love the packaging, though. If they do a second run and have us vote, I think the original Joes minus Snake-Eyes would be a great set and something I'd definitely get:

Hawk
Scarlett
Stalker
Rock 'N' Roll
Grunt
Zap
Short-Fuze
Flash
Breaker
Clutch
Grand Slam
Steeler

Or if they did one with the "most important" characters, again minus the Snake-Eyes and Storm Shadow, I'd get them:

COBRA Commander
Destro
Baroness
Duke
Flint
Lady J
Hawk (either version, in this case preferably V2)
etc.

BILL
04-24-2009, 10:32 PM
all of the hoh zartan's have gi joe stands & not cobra ones... ~_~

why ????

FirstOne
04-24-2009, 10:37 PM
I'm skipping on the HOH. There is plenty of Joe stuff out there that I would rather spend my money on...

mister-x
04-24-2009, 10:42 PM
i think that if we would have known exactly what we were voting for....then we would have gotten a much different line up

Barefoot Jedi
04-24-2009, 11:12 PM
i think that if we would have known exactly what we were voting for....then we would have gotten a much different line up

Agreed. As I recall, a lot of the action figures we voted on had not been seen at the time of the voting, and Flint, Snake-Eyes and Zartan were rather uncommon. We also didn't know that pretty much all the 25th would see re-release on Modern cards either. We also couldn't vote for any action figures that had not already been single carded for some reason.

BILL
04-26-2009, 10:48 PM
All said what or who did everyone vote for??? If you dont mind telling??? I voted for firefly more than once.

MeLikeJinx
04-28-2009, 03:54 AM
I didn't really care until I actually saw them hanging on the pegs at Suncoast. Damn, the packaging is so nice you cannot help but to care... if only for a little bit. Best packaging ever IMO; they make the figures look three times as nice as they probably really are. If all the Joes came packaged like this I would probably buy them all and keep them MOC. LOL.

psycho_klown66
04-29-2009, 04:23 AM
I not into it... just seems like the same figures in a fancy box.