PDA

View Full Version : You think Target...

Syn3sthesia
04-02-2009, 09:59 AM
placed the old planes in the backroom in order to sell the new ones?

I used to see the old planes chilling and nobody was buying them. Then comes the new ones, they get the endcap treatment, the old ones magically disappear and they still ain't selling.

SgtMajor
04-02-2009, 10:01 AM
No, they wont put out new product till the old product is gone, why did you miss out or still need a few of the rattlers/conquests?

Tammman
04-02-2009, 10:02 AM

I used to see the old planes chilling and nobody was buying them. Then comes the new ones, they get the endcap treatment, the old ones magically disappear and they still ain't selling.

There has been all kinds of speculation regarding that and I've been told that the SKU numbers (whatever those are) are the same between the two sets of planes. I would have thought that Target would have clearanced the first Rattler and Conquest planes, much like they did the Ultimate Battle Pack, but I also heard that because of those SKU numbers, it might be a little tricky for them.

Captain Carstein
04-02-2009, 10:06 AM
Targets around here still have the old product both in the aisle and on the endcap.

Syn3sthesia
No, they wont put out new product till the old product is gone, why did you miss out or still need a few of the rattlers/conquests?

I held off on the Conquest but I know of a couple of places that have the old planes...I just don't want to drive that far right now.

mfjlf2
My store put the two Conquests they had left on an endcap and put the new jets on the shelf with the rest of the Joe stuff.

rob0213
04-02-2009, 10:08 AM
All I see now is the new planes. The old ones are gone.

82joe
04-02-2009, 10:09 AM
My Target had some old jets...took them off the shelf and replaced them with new jets. The next week brought the old jets back out and now my Target has a mix of old and new. Last I checked there were about 6 of the old style and 4 of the new. They ain't flyin' off the shelf...no pun intended.

jaxscorpio
04-02-2009, 10:14 AM
They ain't flyin' off the shelf...no pun intended.

Like we didn't see that one coming.

Oh and my targets have a mix of the old and new as well.

CG23
04-02-2009, 10:23 AM
Around the Capital District here in NY, I have seen a few Targets with both new and old mixed together on the shelves. The other Targets only have the new ones out.

mfjlf2
04-02-2009, 10:23 AM
They're online only!!!! OMG, I missed the preorders and will never find them!!!

thunderdan19
04-02-2009, 10:36 AM
Targets around here still have the old product both in the aisle and on the endcap.

Yeah, out of the three Targets I frequent often, one has the original planes on an endcap and the other two have the repaints. I would tell anybody still waiting to pick up the older ones to get them soon though. I'm seeing less and less of them.

I'm holding out for a clearance before I'll pick up the repaints. If I miss them, it's no big loss. I won't buy them for more than 50% of their price. I have the originals and really don't much care for PP/TF.

slim19722
04-02-2009, 11:25 AM

Quite the opposite at one of my local Target's. For months they only had 1 each of the Conquest & Rattler. Then they put up the endcap display and then 5 each of the Rattler & Conquest pop up, but no sign of the new ones.

mister-x
04-02-2009, 11:25 AM
in INDY, we have both versions, on the aisle and endcap....they are everywhere

Syn3sthesia
04-02-2009, 11:26 AM
I'm holding out for a clearance before I'll pick up the repaints. If I miss them, it's no big loss. I won't buy them for more than 50% of their price. I have the originals and really don't much care for PP/TF.

That's my plan of attack for the new planes. Here is hoping to some clearance soon.

Darth Jay
04-02-2009, 11:32 AM
I was going to pick up a second Rattler the other night but all they had were Conquests so I bought Guitar Hero Metallica instead. I had a $50 gift card burning a hole in my pocket...

Lantern_Lad
04-02-2009, 11:44 AM
No, as of yesterday, 3 out of my 4 local Targets have an end cap filled with both versions of the planes, and some lame T-Former animated 2 packs.

I was going to pick up a second Rattler the other night but all they had were Conquests so I bought Guitar Hero Metallica instead. I had a $50 gift card burning a hole in my pocket...

A better choice. How is that Guitar Hero? Not a big Metallica fan, but I'm always down for a new GH... though I cannot play or listen to GH Aerosmith.

Gamble
04-02-2009, 01:08 PM
We push everything to the floor. We have 2 really dented conquest X-30's left.

gi49er
04-02-2009, 01:39 PM
My store put the two Conquests they had left on an endcap and put the new jets on the shelf with the rest of the Joe stuff.

there are new planes out? wow...........................someone should tell that to target fremont california!

Snow cat
04-02-2009, 05:17 PM
in INDY, we have both versions, on the aisle and endcap....they are everywhere

Same here. But in orlando. LOL

tuan_tran73
04-02-2009, 05:23 PM
I saw both on my Target since last week and still it is not moving.

dgnr82
04-02-2009, 05:24 PM
whichever happened, I just wish they would put them on sale around here. I would love to get about 5 of each, but they never have them on sale.

arashikage tat
04-02-2009, 05:33 PM
I saw both on my Target since last week and still it is not moving.

same here in SoCal

RolandofGilead
04-02-2009, 06:11 PM
The endcaps here are usually filled with the old Jets. There's sometimes a couple of new ones in the mix, but not often.