PDA

View Full Version : POW: Should Most Of The RAH Characters Get The Resolute Treatment?

Shin Densetsu
03-25-2009, 12:36 PM
Most of us are excited for Resolute, and want more figures of the characters, especially the new ones revealed by GamePro a few weeks back, such as Flint, Doc, and others.

With that said, would you want most of the RAH characters to get the Resolute treatment? We've seen how the Cobra Trooper was modernized for Resolute, same with Duke, Cobra Commander, and a few others at this point. How about some more?

So the P.O.W. is:

Should Most Of The Other RAH Characters Get The Resolute Treatment?

DISCUSS!

thunderdan19
03-25-2009, 12:50 PM
More Resolute = More Better :)

Troynos
03-25-2009, 12:50 PM
Where's the 3rd choice: I only want Resolute versions of characters that appear in the Resolute cartoon?

Personally, I don't care as long as it's a good looking figure. It could be RAH, it could be movie, it could be Resolute. Just make a good looking figure of that character and I'm happy.

Zartanman
03-25-2009, 12:53 PM
If that means we get the main characters that have yet to be done then Yes!

I'm still waiting on Airtight, Footloose etc.

VIPER 48
03-25-2009, 12:53 PM
I voted yes. I am more than impressed with the current Resolute figures we have seen. I would love to see some of my favorites from ARAH get the Resolute treatment...

hamilcar
03-25-2009, 12:59 PM
sure, but not at the expense of more ARAH characters being made in 'classic' 25th style. doing something like what has been done with Tunnel Rat and Shockwave (in which the Resolute and classic versions are pretty much identical) would be the best option for me.

Tammman
03-25-2009, 01:01 PM
For my personal collection, I'd rather see them polish up the 25th line and release some of the figures Troynos mentioned above. The Resolute figures are cool but they just don't generate the nostalgic excitement I get from the 25th line. I'd also like to see the line take a step back and maybe release some characters in figure form for this line from the early comics such as Dr. Venom, Kwinn, General Flagg, Billy, Soft Master,... maybe even Dr. Burkhardt. Speaking of which, does anyone have any suggestions as to what would be the best option for obtaining a popped collar beige trenchcoat for my 'Scarface' figure?

hifipinkie29
03-25-2009, 01:02 PM
I would love more Modern Era even more, but, yeah, having some more Resolute style figures would be great!!! Better than the horrid movie styled figures!!!!!!

vertek17
03-25-2009, 01:03 PM
I dont mind the resolute version of figures but i want the Classics. I want a traditional Low-lite, Ambush, Barrel-role, Zarana, Zandar, and all other greats. I really hope they dont come out in the movie line because we would get that crappy dogchain figure stand. I want them to look uniform with my other Classics/25th Ann. figures.

Tomax & Xamot
03-25-2009, 01:04 PM
I would LOVE to see more Figures done in the Resolute style!!!!!! :D

mackdawg77
03-25-2009, 01:14 PM
It's a good idea because the line has a long way to go, I would hate for the movie figs to kill the line.

gijoeben1
03-25-2009, 01:19 PM
Dude! They cancelled those waves? WTF! Well thats a giant pi$$ off! Yeah, I was just starting to get into the Resolute stuff, its really pretty cool.

artiepants
03-25-2009, 02:00 PM
like Transformer Classics and Alternators i am a big fan of modernized updates of classic characters.

I especially like how "real world" the resolute designs look and will support it as best i can. (still haven't found anyone except Duke and CC at retail)

I kind of don't want them to FLOOD the market though, I like joe more as an elite Task Force than a massive army.

Tanksmasher
03-25-2009, 02:01 PM
Sure, as long as we can get some of the ARAH guys in their classic form as well. We still need Cover Girl, Rip Cord, Airtight, Footloose, Dial-Tone, Low-Light, Leatherneck, Heavy Metal, Lifeline, Monkeywrench, Law, Muskrat, Repeater, Zandar and Zarana.

PS. Big Ben would be a plus.

Tanksmasher
03-25-2009, 02:11 PM
Shouldn't we also, oh, I don't know, get to see the actual Resolute cartoon before we even begin asking if we want more Resolute figures?

xhairs
03-25-2009, 02:25 PM
YES, More Modernized RAH Figures! forget the movie and run both lines.

Beachhead85
03-25-2009, 02:52 PM
Need a Resolute Beachhead and Cobra Eel.

Lifeline_MD
03-25-2009, 02:52 PM
Yes, I would like to see more, but NOT at the expense of other classic updates (Lifeline, Low light, Dial Tone, Cover Girl etc.)

If they were to do half/half like wave 13, I'm on board.

dimicop
03-25-2009, 03:02 PM
Yes, one thing is the collectors line with lots of new and old school collectors and other thing is the movie line that only will be active 3 or 4 month before the film will be released, as in almost of film-based toy lines.
Sorry by my bad english

Dimi

anyril
03-25-2009, 03:43 PM
i would love more updated versions of the old favorites just keep the repaints at a minimum please

State Trooper
03-25-2009, 03:50 PM
I want the Vipers to get the Resolute treatment.

25thresolute
03-25-2009, 04:12 PM
i voted yes, because i would like roadblock, and snake-eyes. i saw the preveiw for it and snake eyes and road block plus i already have duke

darthdoug
03-25-2009, 04:16 PM
Wow, after the royal TURDS that were dropped on us in the form of Destro, Storm Shadow and Cobra Soldier I'm surprised at the number who said yes.

Count me as a NO!!! I don't hate the resolute line or anything, I just don't think some of the changes are along the lines of what fans would want done. Some characters I don't want to see in new outfits. I want new characters made. Let's get a Low Light before we get Resolute Wild Bill.

CaptThunderLion
03-25-2009, 04:23 PM
I'm hoping they make a whole line of Resolute figures. That way I can keep them as safeguards in my collection and let my son (and daughter) have at it with some of my regulars that they're salivating to get at.

bigdaddyblue73
03-25-2009, 04:25 PM
Initially I would have said no, but after gettin the Resolute Duke and troopers I would love more Resolute figures.

VIPER 48
03-25-2009, 05:07 PM
See what i realize is this. The longer that buyers keep the movie line, resolute line, and modern era line going, we will more than likely see the missing characters we have been wanting. The movie toys will sell. If not buy us collectors, it will be by kids. If history of blockbuster movies has taught me anything is that what kids see on tv, kids want. I have a lot of friends, most of which have kids. I see all sorts of various movie toys ranging from Hulk gloves and action figures to Transformers in their rooms and sometimes scattered throughout their yard.lol This GI Joe movie will be brand new to these new generations. Most of them have never seen the old cartoon. So many kids will see this as cool and i gotta have this and that. I see the movie toys selling well...

The Resolute line i think will be popular both by kids and collectors. The cartoon, whenever we see it, i think will be a huge success. The Resolute toys will be flying off of the shelves as fast as the Modern Era and 25th lines have. I believe we will continue to see great sculpts both old and new brought to life in Resolute form. The figures we have seen so far seem to be in high demand and personally i think the figures look just as good if not better than the ones in the Modern Era line...

Speaking of the Modern Era line. Hasbro has not said officially that the line will be over for good. Right now the movie toys and Resolute toys are being mass produced to sell everywhere. The Modern Era line is just going on a hiatus for a while. I believe we will see many more figures from this line and many of the ones you guys are wanting to see. Just give it time. This is just the beginning of the world of GI Joe and i believe that it will be even bigger than it was back in the 80's...

TheLongestDay
03-25-2009, 05:19 PM
I voted yes. I am more than impressed with the current Resolute figures we have seen. I would love to see some of my favorites from ARAH get the Resolute treatment...

I concur my friend

ogre_h
03-25-2009, 06:15 PM
I voted yes too. I really liked the Duke and Trooper, and Tunnel Rat figs. Even Storm Shadow was cool, once you realize he's not storm shadow.

I think there are many ARAH figs, like Lowlight, whose resolute version would not be radically different from his classic form.

I'd love to see a new Snake Eyes, especially if he's got a waist scabbard/sheath. That would be awesome.

AaronG
03-25-2009, 07:55 PM
For my personal collection, I'd rather see them polish up the 25th line and release some of the figures Troynos mentioned above. The Resolute figures are cool but they just don't generate the nostalgic excitement I get from the 25th line. I'd also like to see the line take a step back and maybe release some characters in figure form for this line from the early comics such as Dr. Venom, Kwinn, General Flagg, Billy, Soft Master,... maybe even Dr. Burkhardt. Speaking of which, does anyone have any suggestions as to what would be the best option for obtaining a popped collar beige trenchcoat for my 'Scarface' figure?

Agreed, don't forget the rest of the Oktober Guard figures in this as well!!!

ad1976
03-25-2009, 09:45 PM
I agree with everyone here. Let's cover some of the beloved originals before we move into the Resolute line. Low-light...Quickdraw...Chuckles...Recondo...Law and Order...classic figures like that. A collector can only salivate over so many Duke and Cobra Commander variations...I have moved over to Marvel Universe 3 3/4 until Hasbro breaks out the 25th line again. No doubt Resolute is solid but I don't think the originals are nearly finished enough for Hasbro to simply move on at this point.

ad1976
03-25-2009, 09:50 PM
Oh yeah...I had the hots for Jinx...I'd snatch that figure up in a microsecond....Also, the silver foil issue...why did they stop doing this? I think the last one was Major Bludd. Can anyone explain this to me...???

J_Man
03-25-2009, 09:51 PM
There's no option for what I'd pick. I wouldn't mind seeing more characters that'll be in the cartoon, but I don't want a whole new line of just rehash. It would pretty much just be a "reboot" of sorts where we'll just get the same characters yet again. I'd rather see them progress and make figures of those we want to see before going back and making Duke, Cobra COmmander, Snake Eyes, Scarlett, etc. again.

SunDown
03-25-2009, 10:51 PM
Wait. What? Wave 14 and 15 of ARAH cancelled? Nice move, Hasbro. Real smart to cancel the line that flies off the shelves in lieu of those crappy movie-line figures with gigantic guns. Is Hasbro run by complete morons, or do they just not give a sh*t at all about the true GI Joe fans? Or both, maybe?

ShockVal
03-25-2009, 11:55 PM
I dig the Resolute figures. Some of favorite to be released in this new line.

1SGHauser
03-26-2009, 12:00 AM
I'd like to see what else could be done with this line. I don't care for the new boxed set AT ALL, that said, I would like to see others get the same treatment. The first wave of these were great and I could stand to buy more.

shlappyguy
03-26-2009, 01:21 AM
Oh hell yes! Top of my list to get the Resolute/updated classic treatment: Spirit: Can we get a version of this guy that actually looks something like a soldier? Cool character, but man, I hate his look.

CQBViper
03-26-2009, 01:37 AM
Yes, very much so.

jiffy18
03-26-2009, 03:27 AM
I agree with most of the tankers , Hasbro should make the classic figures that everyone's dying to see . I'd definitely like to see low-lite , law , muskrat and repeater in the modern era line . And Hasbro should make more resolute figures as well because this is what we want and this is what will make hasbro earn ! with this said I think they should push through with series 14 and 15 .....and more vehicles !

germ
03-26-2009, 05:16 AM
don't care for resolute. I want to see more 25th style. there is still a handful of characters that a lot of us would like to see made and we still want.

Viper Patrol
03-26-2009, 05:43 AM
I still want more classic figures to be single carded! I want a single card of Scrap-Iron & Dr. Mindbender, Baroness in her black suit all on single cards.

But, I totally want the Resolute series to take off! I would love to see all the best classics get Resolute treatment. Resolute could be it's own series of figures along with the classic 25th figures. If Hasbro plays it's cards right with keeping both classic 25th anniversary style figures and Resolute figures like wave 13, they can sell a lot of figures. It's all about the single cards!

We had three things that worked fantastic when we were kids, Cartoon, Comic Book, & Action Figures. All three variables of that classic formula exist with Resolute. As long as Hasbro keeps Resolute figures in the classic theme of RAH, and they do the card art like they have with the 25th Anniversary line, continue to deliver, and the Resolute animation kicks ass, which from what we've seen from ComicCon last year, it will most definitely kick ass. Throw a new IDW Comic book series to back it up. Resolute will end up being the top G.I. Joe line EVER!!!!!

Tammman
03-26-2009, 09:26 AM
Agreed, don't forget the rest of the Oktober Guard figures in this as well!!!

Them, too! Some 25th renditions of the S.N.A.K.E. armor would be a big plus, too.

Tammman
03-26-2009, 09:49 AM
I'd say at least get all the original 13 Joes released...Hello, Zap!... before they start delving into the Resolute line. It also wouldn't be a bad idea to release, in single-card-form, 25th style, the original 13 characters that weren't released, previously, in single-card-form (Breaker, Zap, Original Hawk, Short Fuze, Grand Slam, Steeler, and Grunt. I know some of these were released in store exclusives, comic packs, and/or vehicle packs but I think it would be nice to have all the originals in single-card-form... just my opinion...

Hrothmeir
03-26-2009, 10:09 AM
Too be perfectly honest, I was hoping the movie designs would be more like this: Modern and militaristic, but still identifiably the classic characters. So far, only Shipwreck appears to be this way... So yes, I want more Resolute. But more than that, I want Hasbro to do a better job of distribution. I'm still waiting for series two... I mean, what good is Resolute if you know you'll never see it? Sorry, that was a little off topic... Yes, more Resolute! (Or go back to SpyTroops. Those were AWESOME!!!!)

dmizrok
03-26-2009, 11:17 AM
Oh yeah...I had the hots for Jinx...I'd snatch that figure up in a microsecond....Also, the silver foil issue...why did they stop doing this? I think the last one was Major Bludd. Can anyone explain this to me...???

They stopped the foil cause the 25th anniversary is over...it was over in 2008. So now its just "as seen on TV/Comics/classic toy line..."

Chigger58
03-26-2009, 12:02 PM
ABSOLUTELY! Either way, what ever keeps getting us Joes would be great. Besides, what was the difference to Tunnel Rat in this line? I didn't see any change from the old figure, did you? That's why I'm digging Resolute figs, they aren't changing the core drastically. Just modifying, updating costumes (with GREAT designs so far overall) and producing something we as Joe consumers are proud of.
That's what bums me out that we didn't get SS or SE from the Resolute line. I was pumped to see what they had come up with for those iconic Joes.

badmotivator
03-26-2009, 04:33 PM
oh, man, i totally want a resolute airborne now; hadn't seen that pic...

and SCARLETT! make scarlett, damnit!

everyone on this page (except duke, of course): Todos Querem Ser Heróis.: G.I. Joe Resolute: Os Heróis (http://bhqmais.blogspot.com/2008/08/gi-joe-resolute-os-heris.html)

firefly!
G.I. Joe Resolute Animation Firefly Design on Flickr - Photo Sharing! (http://www.flickr.com/photos/8089370@N08/2751226954)

sorry if these are reposts; got excited and jumped straight to the 'reply'...=)

forget the movie...give us RESOLUTE!

G.I.Eddie
03-26-2009, 06:18 PM
i personally think the exsisting Resolute figures look really cool...that being said, i haven't collected them...no nostalgia for me...however, my opinion may change, ONCE WE GET A FRICK'N TOON TO GO WITH THEM!...anyway, even though i don't collect them (yet?) i would still like to see more, but not at the expence of classic updates we have yet to see...

DISCLAIMER: if the rest of Reso turns out to be matching, thuper cool* black Batman (sans mask and cape) uniforms, i take back my vote for more Reso updates...

*heavy sarcasm intended

ninja6fett
03-26-2009, 07:57 PM
i personally think the exsisting Resolute figures look really cool...that being said, i haven't collected them...no nostalgia for me...however, my opinion may change, ONCE WE GET A FRICK'N TOON TO GO WITH THEM!...anyway, even though i don't collect them (yet?) i would still like to see more, but not at the expence of classic updates we have yet to see...

DISCLAIMER: if the rest of Reso turns out to be matching, thuper cool* black Batman (sans mask and cape) uniforms, i take back my vote for more Reso updates...

*heavy sarcasm intended

luckily they are not batman wannabes, all of the shots we have seen of new characters have shown them to keep the flavor of the originals, but updated to this day and age.

Justanoldfan
03-27-2009, 06:48 PM
I'd love to see Airborne get a Resolute styling!

A.V.A.C.
03-27-2009, 07:03 PM
hell yes, bring them on!

BigErn
03-27-2009, 07:20 PM
See what i realize is this. The longer that buyers keep the movie line, resolute line, and modern era line going, we will more than likely see the missing characters we have been wanting. The movie toys will sell. If not buy us collectors, it will be by kids. If history of blockbuster movies has taught me anything is that what kids see on tv, kids want. I have a lot of friends, most of which have kids. I see all sorts of various movie toys ranging from Hulk gloves and action figures to Transformers in their rooms and sometimes scattered throughout their yard.lol This GI Joe movie will be brand new to these new generations. Most of them have never seen the old cartoon. So many kids will see this as cool and i gotta have this and that. I see the movie toys selling well...

The Resolute line i think will be popular both by kids and collectors. The cartoon, whenever we see it, i think will be a huge success. The Resolute toys will be flying off of the shelves as fast as the Modern Era and 25th lines have. I believe we will continue to see great sculpts both old and new brought to life in Resolute form. The figures we have seen so far seem to be in high demand and personally i think the figures look just as good if not better than the ones in the Modern Era line...

Speaking of the Modern Era line. Hasbro has not said officially that the line will be over for good. Right now the movie toys and Resolute toys are being mass produced to sell everywhere. The Modern Era line is just going on a hiatus for a while. I believe we will see many more figures from this line and many of the ones you guys are wanting to see. Just give it time. This is just the beginning of the world of GI Joe and i believe that it will be even bigger than it was back in the 80's...

I agree with all of this. I'll take it a step further though. I think in ten years not only will we have figures for every one comic panel or odd cartoon appearance characters but we'll look back and think these first two years of modern era look like crap, just like Star Wars.

GI C
03-27-2009, 07:40 PM
I voted yes as well.I loved the Cobra Soldier(which was the only one I bought).I am hoping for more vehicles too.

MLos1
03-28-2009, 01:26 AM
Yes, I would like to see more figures designed the resolute way.

I just picked up another resolute duke and trooper, along with modern era blowtorch tonite and i was thinking of how much cooler blowtorch would be if he were done resolute style.

The resolute style figures look so mean, and gritty, they are like the next generation of JOE in my eyes.

They keep the tone of the old style we all love, but seem more adult in sculpt and nature.

speedocub
03-28-2009, 09:10 AM
I say no, not until they have completed our wish lists of the originals and this movie crap goes away. Besides, we have seen nothing significant with regard to Resolute...where is the new cartoon??? Figures based on a game? Doesn't work for long if at all from what I have seen.

WHY DO THEY HAVE TO MESS WITH MY CHILDHOOD? These ADHD Kids dont play with toys, they dont play with anything...so forget em!

muskrat5
04-12-2009, 01:42 AM
Resolute's good.I need resolutized,
Repeater
Slaughter
pathfinder
muskrat
ambush

skallinn
04-14-2009, 08:13 PM
Figures I would like to get Resoluted:

Airtight
Law
Muskrat
Repeater
Dodger
Rock & Roll
Gung Ho
Iceberg
Salvo
Outback

Iron Grenadiers
Annihilator
Range Viper
Toxo Viper
Tele Viper
Ferret

popsicleviper
04-14-2009, 08:18 PM
If that means we get the main characters that have yet to be done then Yes!

What he said.