PDA

View Full Version : Water Moc: I called HASBRO today.

PitViper
03-19-2009, 05:47 PM
Being completely fed up with looking for this damn thing I couldnt take it anymore. I started late and didnt pre-order..lesson well learned. HTS is out, BBTS is out. Target, Walmart, TRU, Brians Toys, Entertainment Earth, Toyark, everything else is out. Trying to avoid ebay I have some Tankers keeping there eyes open but its scarce everywhere so here's what they said.

1st I asked the status on the "ghost hawk and sting raider"? The nice lady tells me that I know as much as she does because they log into the same HTS the customer does to check availability.

Not ready to stop there I said "really? you cant even give me a ballpark idea when I might finally see these things?"...she puts me on hold, comes back. "Ok nothing comming up for these items, the Ghost Hawk will be released with the next wave of vehicles, so I doubt you will see it before may or june. Sting Raider I have no information about warehousing or shipping. If you dont see it by june you probably wont see it here, but please check back to HTS.com frequently"

After that she told me that since the launch of the 25th line the warehouse is generally buzzing with something Joe related. She also told me that atleast 70% of customer service phone calls are G.I. Joe inquries.

Next call- TX to the GIJCC:

Same question..my answer "we are currently taking pre orders on a 4 piece vehicle set, the ghost hawk will be available there if you care to place a pre order now?".......I already did..bbts..."and the sting raider?"..."the computer is showing this item closed out and no longer available, but sometimes they show up a few months later.."......"thank you"

Anyway, just thought I'd share, off to ebay now for my 30 dollar Water Mocassin!

BigErn
03-19-2009, 05:57 PM
Damn it that's just great. I've never seen in the wild but I passed it up many times online, wonderful.

dsrader
03-19-2009, 06:00 PM
Man give me til tomarrow,i will be hitting all the local stores.Id hate to see you spend all that extra money.

X-factorz
03-19-2009, 06:00 PM
If I can give you any advice, it would be for you to try to be patient. I just found mine last week at TRU near me randomly when I wasn`t even looking for them. It is frustrating but just like most of the figures, if you wait long enough, you will find them without paying through the nose. I wish you the best of luck on your search !

A.V.A.C.
03-19-2009, 06:07 PM
i always preorder, but i missed this one. i figured they would be warming the shelves like the rest of them. no such luck, i finally found one, but it was in a bfe walmart. if you can, try an out of the way town near you. you might have luck there. resist ebay though, don't contribute to why there are none on the shelves. patience grasshopper.

Moses
03-19-2009, 06:09 PM
I see FANGs starting to show up and warm shelves. I wouldn't be surprised if 'Sting Raiders' are going to start showing up soon. I only saw one in the wild at Walmart a few months back - TRU and Target may yet get some in. If you must, go on ebay. But I recommend a little more patience

xFlintx
03-19-2009, 06:10 PM
I've never seen this either, but I'm still looking for a ghost hawk myself/

Vulcan Raven
03-19-2009, 06:13 PM
I have picked up two Water Moccasins in the past and they have both come from Walmarts in my town.

BigErn
03-19-2009, 06:16 PM
I agree with the others, I wouldn't go to Ebay just yet. I kept passing up the first Target Rattler and now can't find it anywhere. So I panicked and ordered one off Ebay earlier this week and kind of feel sick over how much it cost me.

vadersquest
03-19-2009, 06:18 PM
I have seen and passed on the Moccasin; I got mine through Outer Rim Collectibles. I have also seen the Ghost Hawk several times. I will keep an eye out for the Moccasin and xFlintx, I will have an extra GH when I get my wave 5 vehicle case. Let me know if you will want it/ need it

xFlintx
03-19-2009, 06:23 PM
Sure and send me the stinger too ;)

samantha
03-19-2009, 06:31 PM
I picked up my Two Sting raiders and 5 Ghost Strikers off ebay back when they where first released and got them all for a good deal. I paid 16.95 each plus shipping of 14.50 total all one e-store. There are actually good ebay stores who don't over charge, rare I know.

CobraCrimson
03-19-2009, 06:32 PM
The Super Wal*Mart(Super must stand for Super Crappy!) here in town has NEVER gotten ANY G.I.Joe 25th vehicles or comic packs in at all! I don't even think they have ever ordered any to begin with. They have had the same peg warmers sitting there for at least 4 months now and nothing new.But those "The Corps" figures/vehicles they are always getting new shipments in. WTF? I have seen the Sting Raider a couple of times in the local Shopko(but it's $24.95) and I think at a Target in Green Bay,WI.

vadersquest
03-19-2009, 06:33 PM
Sure and send me the stinger too ;)
No......that one is mine:) BUT he will have some extra cases for $60 (15 a piece aint to bad)

Colt Blue
03-19-2009, 06:34 PM
I got my Sting Raider and Ghost Hawk at Walmart some time back, only ones I've seen on the shelves.

bigdaddyblue73
03-19-2009, 06:37 PM
I have seen the Ghost Hawk twice in a store, the Sting Raider only once. I don't understnad why so few are making it to stores.

KingBiohazerd
03-19-2009, 06:38 PM
i see the stingradier from time to time and never grab i dont know why thou

Zefram
03-19-2009, 06:42 PM
I'm glad I picked mine up. It was just an impulse buy too. Never imagined it'd be so hard to find.

shadowviper66
03-19-2009, 06:49 PM
hold out just a litte bit longer!!! i found one at a walmart 90 miles north of me and never seen it since,,,also i must say i think all the fanboys who work at these places are to blame for us having to pay out the @$$ for these things at ebay. I was at TRU one day when it was obvious they had just stocked a bunch of new joe stuff and i get lucky and find my greatest 80's dvd battle pack. When i pay for it the fat nerdy cashier starts up a conversation. I start chattin with him and tell him how happy i am i found the rarest dvd battle pack. He then tells me "there was a wraith variant out there earllier:", i asked him how many he had seen, He said they come out 1 for ever 5 cases. I then told him i suspected its guhys nlike him that make it hard for us hardcore fans and buy it then put it on ebay for $60 just cause they work there and get first crack at the cases before they make it on the shelves. He looked at me held back a smile, then put his head down and never lokked up again. I was so pissed knowing it punks likwe that who make it hard for us. Thank God for the tank cause everyone on here in my opinion helps everyone out.

kneroh
03-19-2009, 06:57 PM
PitViper, BBTS still has the case asst for the water mocc. You'll be paying $65 and getting 3 other vehicles rather than one over priced ebay water mocc.

25th Anniversary - Vehicles Series 04 - Case of 4 - GI Joe 25th Anniversary & Classics Vehicles at BigBadToyStore (http://www.bigbadtoystore.com/bbts/product.aspx?product=HAS16131&mode=retail)

Blaster'spunchingbagg
03-19-2009, 06:59 PM
Being completely fed up with looking for this damn thing I couldnt take it anymore. I started late and didnt pre-order..lesson well learned. HTS is out, BBTS is out. Target, Walmart, TRU, Brians Toys, Entertainment Earth, Toyark, everything else is out. Trying to avoid ebay I have some Tankers keeping there eyes open but its scarce everywhere so here's what they said.

1st I asked the status on the "ghost hawk and sting raider"? The nice lady tells me that I know as much as she does because they log into the same HTS the customer does to check availability.

Not ready to stop there I said "really? you cant even give me a ballpark idea when I might finally see these things?"...she puts me on hold, comes back. "Ok nothing comming up for these items, the Ghost Hawk will be released with the next wave of vehicles, so I doubt you will see it before may or june. Sting Raider I have no information about warehousing or shipping. If you dont see it by june you probably wont see it here, but please check back to HTS.com frequently"

After that she told me that since the launch of the 25th line the warehouse is generally buzzing with something Joe related. She also told me that atleast 70% of customer service phone calls are G.I. Joe inquries.

Next call- TX to the GIJCC:

Same question..my answer "we are currently taking pre orders on a 4 piece vehicle set, the ghost hawk will be available there if you care to place a pre order now?".......I already did..bbts..."and the sting raider?"..."the computer is showing this item closed out and no longer available, but sometimes they show up a few months later.."......"thank you"

Anyway, just thought I'd share, off to ebay now for my 30 dollar Water Mocassin!

Why don't you pre-order the case w/ the water mocassin in it, sell the Ghost Hawk to someone on here, and take the other two and either take them back to target or Walmart when Wave 6 vehicles come out switching the receipt and item, (not repacking guys I'm not suggesting that.) or take the firebat and Sharc to Walmart and get store credit for them outright? It is a bit shady but then again so is EBAY.

scifinut999
03-19-2009, 07:19 PM
saw both the sting raider and the ghost hawk at wal-mart today

Unclassified
03-19-2009, 07:19 PM
man i told you , you gotta be patient lil grahss hoppa'' ... someone on here might have em loose. you must avoid ebay unless its for vintage or catching up. but you could do that here wit' other tankers.. they will be around again, just give it time!!

ninja6fett
03-19-2009, 07:33 PM
Well I do work at retail and I collect Joes... but then again I only buy stuff for me, never to sell later, and never more than one of a figure, unless it's shopping hours, then they are fair game.

PimpDaddySatan
03-19-2009, 08:51 PM
Is the water mocassin rare? I see it all the time. Trade you one for the best of 80's dvd set. I only saw that once, and bought the pyramid of darkness set instead, believing they'd be everywhere. Boy did i screw up.

RuckusJr
03-19-2009, 09:02 PM
I just picked up a second Moc last week. Check your walmarts!

vtt1jam
03-19-2009, 09:07 PM
Man give me til tomarrow,i will be hitting all the local stores.Id hate to see you spend all that extra money.

I passed one up at the walmart on 86th and michigan today. should still be there. Good Luck!

PitViper
03-19-2009, 09:30 PM
PitViper, BBTS still has the case asst for the water mocc. You'll be paying $65 and getting 3 other vehicles rather than one over priced ebay water mocc.

25th Anniversary - Vehicles Series 04 - Case of 4 - GI Joe 25th Anniversary & Classics Vehicles at BigBadToyStore (http://www.bigbadtoystore.com/bbts/product.aspx?product=HAS16131&mode=retail)

Your such a tease!! Its sold out...

mister-x
03-19-2009, 09:42 PM
my walmart has had 2 on the shelf since x-mas.... mabye (dsrader) will help you out

PitViper
03-19-2009, 09:56 PM
my walmart has had 2 on the shelf since x-mas.... mabye (dsrader) will help you out

That would be awesome, he's real cool like that. I probably wouldnt spazz out so much over this but next to the Silver Mirage, this is my favirote vehicle in the JoeVerse

MLos1
03-19-2009, 10:12 PM
Seen plenty of the water Moccasin, maybe it's regional shortage?

Saw the Ghost Hawk Once, picked it up, have never seen it again on shelves.

The Batman
03-19-2009, 10:28 PM
Damn and just think at New Years eve I saw 5 Ghost Hawks and 5 Mocassins at Wal Mart and I should picked them up for a fleet... BUT NOOO... I waited and now I can't find anything. Red Forman would definately label me as a Dumbass!!

dmizrok
03-19-2009, 10:33 PM
ones been sittin with a firebat a Ghost Hawk and Sharc down the road at Walmart for 1 month or 2 now...

ShockVal
03-19-2009, 10:40 PM
I watched one in a smashed box warm at Wally for weeks. Then I bought it. Never seen a Ghost Hawk in the wild though.

BAT( BAT( BAT( BAT(

Vangto
03-19-2009, 10:54 PM
hello, i am in canada, and surprisingly i know of a few places here where i can get a water moc, and ghost hawk. funny how i can find them here but not most figures i have been looking for. Wetend to get shafted on fig's, so i generally end up ordering them online and having to pay all this extra shit. kinda sucks. TRU and Wal mart just have the generic cards for canada, either joe or cobra, so if I want the Specific cardi have to order. anywho, im surprised that i can find that stuff here and not figs where as in the states its easier to get figs.

BigErn
03-19-2009, 11:01 PM
I watched one in a smashed box warm at Wally for weeks. Then I bought it. Never seen a Ghost Hawk in the wild though.

BAT( BAT( BAT( BAT(

That's funny, the only Ghost Hawk I've ever seen was destroyed. Not only was the box a disaster, you could get your hand in there, but one of the missiles had the front half inch or so melted off. I would have still bought it but the body of the thing had a bunch of stress marks all over it, like when the plastic turns white, ready to break. I don't know what happened to that thing but I guess someone bought it, it's been gone for awhile.

DaViper
03-19-2009, 11:06 PM

With what the HTS rep saying the ghost hawk won't be available till the next wave, could that possible mean preorder for wave 5 vehicles are coming in may or june? hmmmm....interesting

darkforce
03-20-2009, 12:14 AM
Damn, I just got one off of Amazon for about $8 above retail, after ordering from SmallJoes and having them cancel the order because they ran out. At least I got free shipping!

Joecom
03-20-2009, 12:17 AM
I am still looking for the Sting Raider and the super missed out
Best of 80's DVD battle set

Blaster'spunchingbagg
03-20-2009, 01:48 AM

No kneroh tells the truth, it was for sale at 12pm PST today. I suggested the same thing. You should've been at the computer all day dude.

vermillion21
03-20-2009, 02:08 AM
I've only seen the Skyhawk and Water Moccasin once like maybe a month or so ago - picked 'em up ....

dawingster
03-20-2009, 02:12 AM

Local comic stores have the case of four (Sting Raider/Ghost Hawk/Firebat/Shark Tooth) available through Diamond Previews.

I got my Ghost Hawk that way.

05ravenr1
03-20-2009, 06:08 AM
I'm not sure why, but I have seen both the ghost hawk and water moc sitting on the shelves around here. I already have a few of both so haven't the need to pick any more up. If you are interested in picking one or both up send me a pm and let me know.