PDA

View Full Version : Ebay...

Warrant Officer Flint
03-15-2009, 03:14 PM
Ok, I am just going to say, Ebay isn't all that bad for me. Yes the prices for stuff can be outrageous but the one good thing is that there are hundreds of Joe items that you can find on there and purchase. Now I know most of you guys will hate me now but I'm wondering if anybody else likes eBay. Post if ya do!

Dr. Whom
03-15-2009, 03:15 PM
Ebay is sick

Warrant Officer Flint
03-15-2009, 03:16 PM
Ebay is sick

Sick as in good sick or bad sick?

MAJOR BLOOD
03-15-2009, 03:17 PM
I don't mind it. Sometimes you can get a pretty good deal with combined shipping or if someone doesn't advertise their auction properly. I have won some vintage carded items recently that I am pleased with. I don't do much dealings on there but when I do I usually get a bargain unless it's something I really want.

bluebikerboy1
03-15-2009, 03:18 PM
for buyers its fine, sellers are the ones that usualy get screwed.

Lantern_Lad
03-15-2009, 03:19 PM
I'm alright with them.

I think it's crap that there's no way to leave negative feedback for buyers now. Sometimes you just get a terrible buyer, and there's way too much red tape to go through to protect yourself as a seller. I've honestly had more fun here working trades or selling...

eBay is the only way to try and profit though... I wouldn't feel comfortable placing things I know that are worth big money here. Wouldn't want to get labeled a scalper, and eBay has a certain level of protection you can't get here.

As a buyer, I get way too many good deals to stop using it. Last one was the Flint mini-bust from Palisades for $1.54 and $5 shipping. Can't beat that deal.

bigdaddyblue73
03-15-2009, 03:21 PM
I just won 5 25th Joes--2 Cobra Night Watch troopers, Ace from the TRU SO, Wild Bill from TRU SO and Rock n Roll CP for 19.99 shipped. Ebay is not a bad place.

CaliBeachhead32
03-15-2009, 03:26 PM
i heart eBay.

before i discovered the Tank, there was the online garage sale.

i do most of my shopping on eBay and most of my trading on the Tank.

Shogi
03-15-2009, 04:11 PM
I've had some great deals on ebay for the harder to find or oddball toy lines I collect. I don't buy many Joes from there but I have in the past and got some great deals too. Sometimes it's great and sometimes it just sucks a hard one (Especially snipe bidders if you're a buyer, or ebay & paypal fees if you're a seller)

Lantern_Lad
03-15-2009, 04:35 PM
(Especially snipe bidders if you're a buyer)

...er... um... no comment.

xhairs
03-15-2009, 04:37 PM
it is a 50/50 for me. i have found some great deals. it is all on what you want. now if you want new stuff you pay through the noise but if you look for older stuff or fodder your good to go.

twatson4_95
03-15-2009, 04:38 PM
I like eBay. I have picked up a lot of cool things lately.

The Batman
03-15-2009, 04:40 PM
If I can get a good deal on Ebay then I will use them. I just really hate when I get outbid the last 3 seconds by 50 cents!! GRRRRRRRR!!

samantha
03-15-2009, 04:52 PM
Ok I admit I shop e-bay and love it. I get great deals because I know how to play the game and now that I have my wonderful I-phone, the game has gotten even better.

samantha
03-15-2009, 04:55 PM
If I can get a good deal on Ebay then I will use them. I just really hate when I get outbid the last 3 seconds by 50 cents!! GRRRRRRRR!!

That is called sniping.

Lantern_Lad
03-15-2009, 04:59 PM
That is called sniping.

And it's how I obtain a Flint bust for $1.54...

If you bid on something early, you drive the cost of it up... if you wait, you can get a great deal. It's working the system, but if you really want something and are on a limited budget, it's the best way to go.

Sorry... it's nothing personal. I want what I want... I watch the items and wait patiently until the time is right to strike.

Dr. Whom
03-15-2009, 05:01 PM
I get sniped on 90% of what I bid on. Sniping saves me money

Gunzlingr
03-15-2009, 05:37 PM
I get sniped on 90% of what I bid on. Sniping saves me money

You and me both. There was a parts lot awhile back that I really wanted. It started at .99 and I bid $25 for it. I was the high bidder for 4 days, 23 hours 59 minutes and 30 seconds (nobody else bid up to that point). It went for $25.50 in the last second (literally). Of late that happens to me more and more, so I don't even bother much anymore.

samantha
03-15-2009, 05:48 PM
Yep buyers have learned. I can sit back with my I phone and wait till 2 seconds left to go, then bid. If i win great if i don't that is Ok too. I am getting great deals that way. The big kicker comes if your a seller. People who wait and bid in the finale seconds buy your items for way cheap and you feel burned. That is why I see a lot more Buy it now at a set price auction going on. E-bay has become a buyers market and as the economy falls deeper more and more people are turning to selling to make ends meet.

Dr. Whom
03-15-2009, 05:55 PM
Yep buyers have learned. I can sit back with my I phone and wait till 2 seconds left to go, then bid. If i win great if i don't that is Ok too. I am getting great deals that way. The big kicker comes if your a seller. People who wait and bid in the finale seconds buy your items for way cheap and you feel burned. That is why I see a lot more Buy it now at a set price auction going on. E-bay has become a buyers market and as the economy falls deeper more and more people are turning to selling to make ends meet.

Sam's the Sniper!?!

I thought we were friends :)

COBRAMASTER
03-15-2009, 06:09 PM
if you collect vintage toys. ebay is essential. PERIOD

a necessary evil

Lantern_Lad
03-15-2009, 06:35 PM

a necessary evil

Unfortunately you are correct. Frank & Son's for us So. Cal. Tankers is useful, but there are very few "good dealers" there that aren't trying to unnecessarily drain your wallets. So that leaves us with eBay.

Shogi
03-15-2009, 06:47 PM

a necessary evil

I wouldn't call it essential, but it's definately easier. It could be essential for some people who live in smaller towns but not for everyone. Some of my most rarest items from all toy lines I collect came from other web sites and flea markets/toy shows, not ebay.

CobraElite
03-15-2009, 08:41 PM
Overall Ebay is the way to go. As a seller its rough with the fee's and paypal fee's but I try to look at the overall picture.

ParatrooperCarbine
03-15-2009, 08:47 PM
And comics. I've gotten great deals on comics with eBay.