PDA

View Full Version : Georgia G.I. Joe Sightings

Pages : 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 [16] 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25

zerogouki
01-06-2011, 05:54 PM
I have bootleg copies of the Macross Zero DVDs and that is an awesome series. Haven't seen Macross Frontier.

Godzilla
01-07-2011, 10:58 AM
I have bootleg copies of the Macross Zero DVDs and that is an awesome series. Haven't seen Macross Frontier.

That series is pretty good too. I downloaded the 25 episodes of Frontier.

Tracker
01-07-2011, 07:09 PM
Right now gainesville walmart has 2 tie bombers on clearance for $20.00 near the front door on the merchandise side

SoldOut4Stupid
01-07-2011, 07:31 PM
Just left 2 shockies @ MOG Target

gyrapados
01-08-2011, 04:56 PM
Unless you need wave three Duke or Storm Shadow don't waste your time at Flowery Branch Target. They have four each of those two clowns and nothing else.

alcoholic ewok
01-08-2011, 06:31 PM

Macross Zero is definitely the best anime series I've ever seen that had a naked chick singing in a pond.

gyrapados
01-08-2011, 07:12 PM
Thanks to SoldOut4Stupid I got the shock troopers at MOG Target. Thanks for posting it man. Now I'm done with them. It was tough leaving the snake eyes behind but i'll get him later down the line.

SoldOut4Stupid
01-08-2011, 08:14 PM
Macross Zero is definitely the best anime series I've ever seen that had a naked chick singing in a pond.

My heart belongs to Sivil. Really dig the screeching alien chicks with pointy ears that are from another dimension.

zerogouki
01-08-2011, 08:15 PM

Ha ha ha ha...man, I don't even remember that!

alcoholic ewok
01-08-2011, 10:44 PM
Ha ha ha ha...man, I don't even remember that!

lol i just rewatched it this morning, downloading Frontier right now.

also have some shock troopers to trade for a Vamp or MU Thanos & Yellow Jacket if anyone has them

brock Samson
01-09-2011, 02:00 PM
Frontier was excellent. It had its share of cutesy comedy moments but the story and action were good and the quality was excellent. Zero set the bar and frontier was the natural progression. If you know the macross history, it is set in that universe with the same shared history. Also, frontier has an episode that eludes to the zero story.

zerogouki
01-09-2011, 04:31 PM
Where are you guys downloading Frontier?

alcoholic ewok
01-09-2011, 05:50 PM
Where are you guys downloading Frontier?

Found a copy of the series on Demonoid.

zerogouki
01-09-2011, 08:39 PM
Thanks, will check it out.

Tracker
01-10-2011, 09:28 AM
frontier and zero is some of the best macross in a long time

Tracker
01-10-2011, 09:39 AM
Hi all I need to find a Vintage Carded Return of The Jedi Luke Skywalker MOC. I would be willing to trade 3 Moc Bat for him.

http://www.rebelscum.com/TVC/Basic/VC23Luke/TVC-659.jpg

brock Samson
01-10-2011, 04:02 PM
I can help out anyone that wants zero or frontier if they have at least an 8gb usb key or external HD.

I've see a couple of those Lukes at the Decatur WM last time I went there. They have all of the ROTJ figures including the gamorean guards and wickets as well.

Tracker
01-10-2011, 04:41 PM
I can help out anyone that wants zero or frontier if they have at least an 8gb usb key or external HD.

I've see a couple of those Lukes at the Decatur WM last time I went there. They have all of the ROTJ figures including the gamorean guards and wickets as well.

i wish i could take up on the macross episodes as I've not seen all of frontier

when all this snow and ice clears up would you be willing to pick a luke?

brock Samson
01-10-2011, 07:15 PM
I'll snag one next time I'm at the decatur WM. They don't seem to sell much SW stuff but I'm sure I made a posting earlier about seeing ROTJ stuff there. I always look at the SW figs but never buy. I noticed they updated the crotch articulation on these. They're pretty tempting so I may start picking up some of the outstanding figures. As it stands now, they're kind of like how the first round of 25th figures were.

sospechoso_80
01-11-2011, 11:23 PM
anyone been on a good hunt lately?

gyrapados
01-12-2011, 01:01 AM

Last saturday I got two shock troopers but with the snow I haven't been able to get out and hunt anywhere.

alcoholic ewok
01-12-2011, 09:45 AM
saw nothing at the rite aid on hammond.

SoldOut4Stupid
01-12-2011, 04:29 PM

havent' left the house in 5 days. Saving some money I guess. Atleast a hundred in gas.

alcoholic ewok
01-12-2011, 08:32 PM
yep and next week, gas prices increase due to lack of demand!

WeaponXCustoms
01-12-2011, 08:37 PM
4.00 a gallon by summer!

alcinde4
01-13-2011, 12:04 AM
4.00 a gallon by summer!

Don't start that shit! I'm gettin' a moped!!

I'm getting a little stir crazy being snowed in. Has anybody braved the elements?

Bandit
01-13-2011, 12:16 AM
I haven't braved the weather. Wife wouldn't let me even if I wanted to. Luckily, I feel caught up until wave 4 is sighted in b&m. I always enjoy this time of year because the various lines are preparing for their Fall distribution. Its a nice break on the searching and the wallet.

Godzilla
01-13-2011, 12:17 AM
I went out yesterday. I wish I didnt but I did my trek from exit 13 on GA400 to North Ave. Icy as hell and crazy mofos. Radio was saying if you dont need to be out there dont but I get an email from the CEO saying "Try like hell to get into work." Going home wasnt fun either but with this stuff refreezing over night since we are dipping into the teens temp wise, I dunno if I will go out.

alcoholic ewok
01-13-2011, 01:01 AM
Our office over by Perimeter Mall was open so went in...of the 50-odd people working there, there were only 12 or 13 people that showed up.

With it all refreezing overnight, guess what's closed tomorrow? lol

Tracker
01-13-2011, 11:32 AM
i just hope the store restock

alcoholic ewok
01-13-2011, 02:54 PM
A lot of shocktroopers at the prado target off roswell road, along w/ snake eyes and the duke & storm shadow in that wave.

zerogouki
01-13-2011, 05:13 PM
Nice! No wave 4 sightings yet I assume? I know these are already showing up online, so I figure it won't be too long....

WeaponXCustoms
01-14-2011, 12:17 AM
Hey guys this is a little late I know but if anyone has the location of a ROC Armadillo tank lemme know in a PM please. :)

alcinde4
01-14-2011, 02:55 AM
A lot of shocktroopers at the prado target off roswell road, along w/ snake eyes and the duke & storm shadow in that wave.

Quoted for truth. I picked up two ST and SE. I left two ST and the rest of the wave there for tankers. I also went to the Northpoint Target and saw 4 ST's that some jackass (again) swapped out for 4 Bravo Team figures. Of course Target is none the wiser. My wife was with me, and even she said this is getting ridiculous.

alcoholic ewok
01-14-2011, 10:54 AM
Quoted for truth. I picked up two ST and SE. I left two ST and the rest of the wave there for tankers. I also went to the Northpoint Target and saw 4 ST's that some jackass (again) swapped out for 4 Bravo Team figures. Of course Target is none the wiser. My wife was with me, and even she said this is getting ridiculous.

Who buys bravo team figures? lol

Tracker
01-14-2011, 12:20 PM
Who buys bravo team figures? lol

I buy them :(

WeaponXCustoms
01-14-2011, 07:01 PM
I buy them :(

Repacker found!!! haha :P

I buy them too

gyrapados
01-14-2011, 11:12 PM
For all you star wars collectors out there, if you are army building Undead Genoshians go to Walmart in Flowery Branch. They have at least five of them there and not much else. They are in the middle of their reset and the shelves are pretty barren.

Tracker
01-15-2011, 10:39 AM
Repacker found!!! haha :P

I buy them too

it's not me i swear :P

Tracker
01-15-2011, 10:40 AM
For all you star wars collectors out there, if you are army building Undead Genoshians go to Walmart in Flowery Branch. They have at least five of them there and not much else. They are in the middle of their reset and the shelves are pretty barren.

I hoping they start to restock this weekend. i have walmart gift card that been itching to buy some joes

centone
01-15-2011, 11:24 AM
Ross in Cumming has 2 vamps and 1 fury. Still no restock at target.

gyrapados
01-15-2011, 11:49 AM
I hoping they start to restock this weekend. i have walmart gift card that been itching to buy some joes

Me too man! So much so that I bought a clone waers shaak ti with it. But I have about 12 dollars left on it so I can still afford a new Joe or star wars figure if nothing elsel lol.

alcoholic ewok
01-15-2011, 01:08 PM
Me too man! So much so that I bought a clone waers shaak ti with it. But I have about 12 dollars left on it so I can still afford a new Joe or star wars figure if nothing elsel lol.

I feel your pain, toys r us gift card just begging to be spent on...hell, something new.

Tracker
01-15-2011, 03:53 PM
yep if i had got a target gift card i be all sorts of happy right now

WeaponXCustoms
01-15-2011, 05:16 PM

I actually returned something the other night I had bought with my gift card and they gave me cash back! So I took it to Marshalls and bought some fodder Joes with it :)

gyrapados
01-15-2011, 06:47 PM
yep if i had got a target gift card i be all sorts of happy right now

Me too. Would have meant I would have gotten the two shock troopers I bought for free. But no, the card is for walmart and now good ol wally world decides to stock nothing.

alcoholic ewok
01-15-2011, 07:18 PM
saw the cobb parkway TRU had put out the new GL classics, and someone bought the Kyle figure from the wave.

also the hwy 120 target got cleaned out of all 30'ish of the star wars 9-packs that were sitting there waiting to be clearanced, lol

WeaponXCustoms
01-15-2011, 07:49 PM
Hey guys what kinds of 12" Joes are you seeing on your hunts? Im looking at getting a few. Picked up Destro and SE today. Looking for Duke, Flint, Short Fuze, Beachhead and Shockwave for sure. I know its late in the collecting game for these and I'll probably end up resorting to ebay but thought Id try here first.

SoldOut4Stupid
01-15-2011, 11:20 PM
Hey guys what kinds of 12" Joes are you seeing on your hunts? Im looking at getting a few. Picked up Destro and SE today. Looking for Duke, Flint, Short Fuze, Beachhead and Shockwave for sure. I know its late in the collecting game for these and I'll probably end up resorting to ebay but thought Id try here first.

I don't really pay attention to the 12" figures but I do remember seeing two at MOG Ross today. Think Snakes and Duke, but can't be sure.

Also had 2 HoH flints, 2 furies, and a hiss tank.

WeaponXCustoms
01-15-2011, 11:29 PM
I don't really pay attention to the 12" figures but I do remember seeing two at MOG Ross today. Think Snakes and Duke, but can't be sure.

Also had 2 HoH flints, 2 furies, and a hiss tank.

Really? Im heading through Buford next Sat. I'll have to check it out.

alcoholic ewok
01-16-2011, 03:12 AM
it's hit or miss, but some Marshall's has the 12" dolls.

sospechoso_80
01-16-2011, 09:30 AM
If you intown, or ever in the neighborhood , try Richard's Variety Store in midtown by Trader Joe's I've seen 12'' before. (insert joke here).

There's also a Tuesday Morning right next door, but at that cluster fu#k you never know what you can find. I found some canadian carded 25th joe's there before.

darthfoley
01-16-2011, 10:48 AM
Ross in WR had two VAMPs, two Furys, a few MARS trooper packs, several 12" figs and a few of the Monkeywrench two pack as of yesterday.

WeaponXCustoms
01-16-2011, 12:30 PM
If you intown, or ever in the neighborhood , try Richard's Variety Store in midtown by Trader Joe's I've seen 12'' before. (insert joke here).

There's also a Tuesday Morning right next door, but at that cluster fu#k you never know what you can find. I found some canadian carded 25th joe's there before.

Is that a toy shop or like its name, a variety shop? Ive found some really cool shit at Tuesday Morning. Its always a crap shoot but there's usually some Joe gold buried under piles of KO toys. I found a ROC Flash and Sgt Stone on my last trip, which I was so happy about.

alcinde4
01-16-2011, 02:07 PM
I know most don't care about (or even like) the Night Raven, but I went to AJ Wright in Tucker and found one. But here's the thing. The store was in complete chaos. Big surprise right? Well I found the Night Raven (the last one) and a HOH Crimson Guard, but neither had a price sticker. I stopped one of the employees to ask for prices on them, since it was last of each one. He scoured the shelf for a while, couldn't find anymore (as I told him he wouldn't), and pulled out 2 price tags off of his cart. Both price tags said $2.99, but he manually wrote his name and $9.99 on the NR and $4.99 on the CG. Which was cool because all toys were 30% off. When I got to the register the wonderful cashier completely ignored the hand written stuff on the tags, rang it up for $2.99 each and gave me 35% off!!!! :D It came up to $4.13 with tax :D

I LOVE AJ WRIGHT!!

WeaponXCustoms
01-16-2011, 04:11 PM
I know most don't care about (or even like) the Night Raven, but I went to AJ Wright in Tucker and found one. But here's the thing. The store was in complete chaos. Big surprise right? Well I found the Night Raven (the last one) and a HOH Crimson Guard, but neither had a price sticker. I stopped one of the employees to ask for prices on them, since it was last of each one. He scoured the shelf for a while, couldn't find anymore (as I told him he wouldn't), and pulled out 2 price tags off of his cart. Both price tags said $2.99, but he manually wrote his name and $9.99 on the NR and $4.99 on the CG. Which was cool because all toys were 30% off. When I got to the register the wonderful cashier completely ignored the hand written stuff on the tags, rang it up for $2.99 each and gave me 35% off!!!! :D It came up to $4.13 with tax :D

I LOVE AJ WRIGHT!!

where is this?

alcinde4
01-16-2011, 07:30 PM
where is this?

AJ Wright in Tucker. It's where Lavista Rd and Lawrenceville Highway meet. Basically you take 285 to Lavista Rd and you go outside the perimeter. Lavista Rd dead ends into the plaza with AJ Wright, Walmart and Publix. Hope that helps.

centone
01-17-2011, 04:46 PM
AJ wright is closing the Decatur and stone mtn stores and converting the others over to tj maxx so they'll probably have some nice clearance deals.

Bandit
01-17-2011, 05:15 PM
Picked up the last (or only) Sand Serpent at the TC Ross this afternoon.

Bandit
01-17-2011, 05:37 PM
BTW- that Ross also had 2 Furies, 1 Vamp, and a black HISS.

WeaponXCustoms
01-17-2011, 07:01 PM
Sand serpents hit Ga 2x now, that we know of. I only want the plane so if anyone wants to work something out. Lemme know.

Black Rose
01-17-2011, 07:02 PM
BTW- that Ross also had 2 Furies, 1 Vamp, and a black HISS.

Thanks, I scooped up the Vamp...now just need to find a Sand Serpant. I hit up three Ross stores & nothing.

alcinde4
01-17-2011, 10:05 PM
Picked up the last (or only) Sand Serpent at the TC Ross this afternoon.

What does TC stand for? Sorry if I'm not up on my Metro Atlanta abbreviations.

Black Rose
01-17-2011, 10:34 PM
What does TC stand for? Sorry if I'm not up on my Metro Atlanta abbreviations.

TC stands for Town Center.

alcinde4
01-18-2011, 01:59 AM
Thanks.

rhea110
01-18-2011, 01:19 PM
Got 2 Sand Serpents at the Peachtree City Ross. There's 1 left there as of noon

alcoholic ewok
01-18-2011, 02:13 PM
Saw what looked like part of the new vintage star wars wave at ashford dunwoody wal-mart during lunch...not the samuel l. wave, but the one after it.

alcinde4
01-18-2011, 03:08 PM
Saw what looked like part of the new vintage star wars wave at ashford dunwoody wal-mart during lunch...not the samuel l. wave, but the one after it.

That's the one right down the street from me. Was all the Joe stuff still gone? The last time I was there (2 days ago), all the POC and ROC stuff was gone from the toy aisle. All they had were some ROC alpha vehicles on clearance in the main aisle, with a bunch of other miscellaneous toys.

sharky
01-18-2011, 03:17 PM
Justs a head up about the upcoming showing of Evangalion 2.0 You Can(Not) Advance at the Plaza Theater on Ponce. Looks like they will have one showing each day at 7:30pm from the 21st through the 27th. I was planning on going on Saturday. I may bring a co-worker if his wife is still not pissed at him by then. LOL!

Anyone else planning to go?

This weekend is probably the best bet because it will only be showing for a week, and I live too far away to go on a week night.

zerogouki
01-18-2011, 03:52 PM
I'm going for sure, either Friday or Saturday....

BTPVD420
01-19-2011, 02:35 AM
Hi fellow Ga Tankers, been lurking for awhile due to rising gas prices but guess it's my turn to make some contributions...

Went to the Perimeter Mall Ross this afternoon around 3pm and during my time there fresh out of the box came 3 Sand Serpents. I left them all on the shelf due to lack of interest in the vehicle, so good luck guys!

Target next door had 2 wave 3 Stormys with a BUNCH of Colonial Marine Dukes, BIG pass on those...

Gonna hit up some more places tomorrow, will post breakdown of finds, but if anyone can direct me towards a VAMP I would be most appreciative!

Bandit
01-19-2011, 07:30 AM
Hi fellow Ga Tankers, been lurking for awhile due to rising gas prices but guess it's my turn to make some contributions...

Went to the Perimeter Mall Ross this afternoon around 3pm and during my time there fresh out of the box came 3 Sand Serpents. I left them all on the shelf due to lack of interest in the vehicle, so good luck guys!

Target next door had 2 wave 3 Stormys with a BUNCH of Colonial Marine Dukes, BIG pass on those...

Gonna hit up some more places tomorrow, will post breakdown of finds, but if anyone can direct me towards a VAMP I would be most appreciative!

I remember seeing a VAMP at the Ross in Austell the other day. It could still be there.

alcoholic ewok
01-19-2011, 02:21 PM

Guess 1 disappeared, there were 4 there at 12:30 lol, also took a pass on it. Also the 12" storm shadow & 12" eels figures were on the shelf there.

centone
01-19-2011, 06:04 PM
Cumming ross has 4 sand serpents, 1fury, 1 glider as of 5pm today. Target next door still hasn't restocked but I noticed the johns creek target had 4 of the wave 3 snake eyes.

BTPVD420
01-19-2011, 07:53 PM
After an interesting day of getting around went to the North Dekalb Ross and they had 4 Sand Serpents 1 Black Hiss (Checked serial #)and 2 12' Storm Shadows. Still passing on the Sand Serpents... Burlington had 4 Dragonhawks and I doubt there going anywhere, too bad I paid full price on mine :-(

At the target at N. Druid Hills lucked out and scored the LAST Snake Eyes wave 3 and boy is he AMAZING! Had one new wave stormy and a bunch of wave 2, also had 2 ice cutters (should we still report those) and 1 of each mechs...

Have come to the conclusion that Marshalls officially sucks for toy hunting again because it looks like they pulled almost all of hasbro stock except for random rubbish!

SoldOut4Stupid
01-19-2011, 09:22 PM
Can someone pick me up a Sand Serpent I'll re-imburse you + a little extra for the time and gas.

Scratch this just found one..

WeaponXCustoms
01-20-2011, 12:44 AM
Seems to be a lot of you guys checking out the Dunwoody/Sandy Springs area? Im trying to gauge a central location for a meet up/get together once a month. Say at a Taco Mac or something to have a beer(optional of course) and geek out.

alcinde4
01-20-2011, 01:41 AM
Seems to be a lot of you guys checking out the Dunwoody/Sandy Springs area? Im trying to gauge a central location for a meet up/get together once a month. Say at a Taco Mac or something to have a beer(optional of course) and geek out.

Works for me. I live in Dunwoody. I definitely wouldn't mind meeting up with local tankers.

BTPVD420
01-20-2011, 02:56 AM

Sounds like fun! I'm up in Brookhaven/Chamblee/Buckhead area. My only request due to my job is to schedule the get togethers during the middle of the week? Like a Tues, Wed, or Thurs night... As much as I love my joes I work gigs during the weekends and ya gotta be able to pay for the collectables you buy....

SoldOut4Stupid
01-20-2011, 01:18 PM
Really? Im heading through Buford next Sat. I'll have to check it out.

Saw 2 12" snakes w/ camo pants at ross in discover mills, along with eel, and I think Snow job.

1 Sand Serpent left at Ross by MOG, along with a hiss and 3 furies.

Meanjoehut
01-20-2011, 03:15 PM
What would it take for a fellow collector to have someone pick up a sand serpant and fury and mail it. I am in Missouri and we do not have Ross Stores.

BTPVD420
01-20-2011, 05:05 PM
Another day another interesting trip... Went to the Ross at Piedmont/Sidney Marcus and found they had 2 Sand Serpents, right behind them was a Rage and a Black Hiss (Checked serial #) Also had 3 Mars 3-packs and a 12' Dusty and Snowjob, all passes for me!

Went to the Marshalls next door and low and behold they still had a decent amount of ROC and 25th stuff there! Scored a HOH silver faced Viper, and another bazooka trooper for $6 yes please! Left 3 HOH crimson guards and a HOH bat, handful of silly ROC Alpha vehicles, and a bunch of 25th ann wave 10 (wraith wave) right by the cashiers.

Listened to my intuition and wound up stopping into Oxford's comic book/collectables store on Piedmont and after searching the main figure room, I asked the owner if they had any other joe stuff? She said check out the comic room and low and behold they a box of WAVE 4! Picked up the only Low-Light and left behind one Shadow Tracker, 2 Skydives, and like 3 Destros! Low-light is an amazing score! Had to pay $11.95 for him but I figured it was well worth it to check him off my list...

After that, went to the Target across from Lennox/Phipps mall and found they have replenished their Joe Figs with a bunch of earlier waves and some of the new figs (3 wav 3 stormys and a bunch of colonial marines duke.) Also had a mangled carded Cobra Commander and a single Alley Viper which I wound up hiding for someone lucky (Bottom row of Joe figs ALL the way at the back!) wound up purchasing the last set of Transformers RTS Jazz and Tracks! Also picked up the Hot Rod/Cyclonus 2 pack (1 left) however lots of Fallbacks, Skullgrins, and the other typical classics pegwarmers...

Overall amazing haul and I hope some of my provided info can motivate/save you guys a trip! Good Hunting!

alcinde4
01-20-2011, 07:16 PM
Congrats on the haul BTPVD420! You were really busy today. You took almost the exact route I take when I go to Oxford Comics. Next time you should check out the Target on Sidney Marcus. They usually stock pretty well. I've never been to the Target by Lennox. I'll have to check that one out.

Tracker
01-20-2011, 08:24 PM
I went to target today in oakwood and it seems the price of poc has gone up to $7.99. Is this happen elsewhere?

they do a have good stock of wave 2 and some wave 3 now minus shock troopers and snake-eye

zerogouki
01-20-2011, 09:55 PM
I was at Target today as well (McDonough) and the price was $ 7.99....

WeaponXCustoms
01-20-2011, 09:58 PM
Anyone who is not already in the Ga 3 3/4 sightings forum on Facebook PM me if you are interested. If you arent on Facebook, its 2011, get with the times, you are missing out on a lot :)

Bandit
01-21-2011, 12:52 AM
Is anyone else seeing a restock at their Marshalls and TJ Maxx stores?

Godzilla
01-21-2011, 11:11 AM

I live in Cumming and drive all the way to North Ave for work. I am good anywhere close to the route from Cumming to downtown Atlanta. :-)

Tracker
01-21-2011, 11:55 AM
Anyone who is not already in the Ga 3 3/4 sightings forum on Facebook PM me if you are interested. If you arent on Facebook, its 2011, get with the times, you are missing out on a lot :)

if i didn't have issues with facebook i'd join in a heart beat

WeaponXCustoms
01-21-2011, 03:13 PM
if i didn't have issues with facebook i'd join in a heart beat

even just for fellow Ga tankers? :) I'll do my best to get the ball rolling with the group get together im currently looking for another job so I dont know how that'll mess things up with my availability but if we get a set night, im thinking Thursdays I can put it in as a requested day off.

BTPVD420
01-21-2011, 04:58 PM
even just for fellow Ga tankers? :) I'll do my best to get the ball rolling with the group get together im currently looking for another job so I dont know how that'll mess things up with my availability but if we get a set night, im thinking Thursdays I can put it in as a requested day off.

Thursdays are a pretty good night for me, I will say I'm a nite-owl so I can party pretty late, but I'm open for whatever the group needs!

So can some of our activities include showing off pics of our collections and a swap meet?

WeaponXCustoms
01-21-2011, 05:29 PM
Thursdays are a pretty good night for me, I will say I'm a nite-owl so I can party pretty late, but I'm open for whatever the group needs!

So can some of our activities include showing off pics of our collections and a swap meet?

that was what I was thinking too, i dont know how many of you guys customize stuff but we almost always get extra figures we dont want/need and I think a swap meet would be cool for the group. The downside is that complicates a meeting location. I used to meet with the Atlanta Area Aquarium Association and they had a nice set up at an Athens Pizza, really cool staff gave us their entire back room to wheel and deal fish, watch slides, and shoot the shit. I dont know how many places in the Dunwoody/SandySprings/Metro/Perimeter area that will be cool with us spreading out. Suggestions are welcome Taco Mac was what I suggested initially and but the only store I know of with a "back room" for groups is up in Alpharetta and the management is less than fun to deal with.

BTPVD420
01-22-2011, 03:10 PM
I dont know how many places in the Dunwoody/SandySprings/Metro/Perimeter area that will be cool with us spreading out. Suggestions are welcome Taco Mac was what I suggested initially and but the only store I know of with a "back room" for groups is up in Alpharetta and the management is less than fun to deal with.

Tell ya what I'll keep my eye out for some places that I think would be great for our group! I'm thinking we should be aiming for the 2nd or 3rd Thursday night of February so we can work out all the kinks!

So what do you think tankers?

alcinde4
01-22-2011, 05:25 PM
Sounds like a great idea to me guys. I have a suggestion. I work at an apartment complex in Dunwoody that I also live in. Which means I can get the club house pretty much anytime I want for free. The only problem that this poses is that it's obviously not a restaurant. But I figured I'd throw it out there to see what everyone thinks.

GAAWAY
01-23-2011, 08:55 AM
Hey guys, count me in as interested getting together as well.

gyrapados
01-23-2011, 02:37 PM
I would be interested in a get together too, but I live in northeast georgia above Gainesville so if it is too far away I might not be able to make it. Just keep posting here what you guys figure out and maybe I will be able to go.

WeaponXCustoms
01-23-2011, 02:47 PM
the other place Ive been toying with is the gaming shop I used to work at called Phoenix Games its in Buford. Im good friends with the owner and I cant see him having a problem with us hosting a community event. You can eat food there sit around, they have drinks and snacks and of course hobby supplies. The question is, is Buford too far away for you metro guys to drive say once a month. I go up there from Sandy Springs at least 2x a month and its at best a 30 minute drive. An average trip taking it easy could take 45min or more.

Tracker
01-23-2011, 05:57 PM
I know of Phoenix Games next to the Hobby Lobby correct

WeaponXCustoms
01-23-2011, 06:13 PM
I know of Phoenix Games next to the Hobby Lobby correct

the one and only :)

gyrapados
01-23-2011, 11:13 PM
That would work for me.

sharky
01-23-2011, 11:41 PM
If you do have it in Buford even I might be able to show up.

Godzilla
01-24-2011, 04:25 PM
the other place Ive been toying with is the gaming shop I used to work at called Phoenix Games its in Buford. Im good friends with the owner and I cant see him having a problem with us hosting a community event. You can eat food there sit around, they have drinks and snacks and of course hobby supplies. The question is, is Buford too far away for you metro guys to drive say once a month. I go up there from Sandy Springs at least 2x a month and its at best a 30 minute drive. An average trip taking it easy could take 45min or more.

We can always order pizza or other foods if we find a venue that is not restaurant. I would like to swap or have some help when I create customs. I am new to making customs especially when it comes to painting. Pointers and ideas would be great. As for Buford, I got the nice commute from hell. Maybe I should ask for my old job in Duluth... :-P

BTPVD420
01-25-2011, 03:11 PM
Buford's an ok spot for me, and the drive gives me a chance to rock out to some new tunes!

So I was thinking of making a little fun getting to know you questionnaire over Joes just to help everyone get to know one another? Stupid and silly questions always help people become familiar with one another...

alcinde4
01-25-2011, 03:45 PM
I'm not really keen on the drive up to Buford, but if it's the general consensus I guess I'll go with it.

WeaponXCustoms
01-25-2011, 09:36 PM
I'm not really keen on the drive up to Buford, but if it's the general consensus I guess I'll go with it.

carpooling from the metro area can become an option once we've all met a few times and know that no-ones a butt pirate or carpet bagger.

Tracker
01-25-2011, 11:07 PM
carpooling from the metro area can become an option once we've all met a few times and know that no-ones a butt pirate or carpet bagger.

As long as there good folk I do care if there Yankees ,the original meaning for carpetbaggers, or other. Trading joes is fun for all. :).

alcinde4
01-26-2011, 12:27 AM

LMAO. We'll see how it all plays out. Do we have a tentative date yet?

centone
01-26-2011, 01:22 AM

...and a homophobic, xenophobic, good time was had by all.

I was actually thinking a local meet-up sounded like fun.

Oh well.

alcoholic ewok
01-26-2011, 02:25 PM

what if we're a carpet pirate or butt bagger?

alcinde4
01-26-2011, 03:09 PM
what if we're a carpet pirate or butt bagger?

tomato, tomatoe.

gyrapados
01-26-2011, 04:32 PM
...and a homophobic, xenophobic, good time was had by all.

I was actually thinking a local meet-up sounded like fun.

Oh well.

Really?
it was a joke. People were just being silly/stupid.

Tracker
01-26-2011, 04:48 PM
Really?
it was a joke. People were just being silly/stupid.

don't let a little joke deter ya, yea it still could be fun :)

Tracker
01-26-2011, 04:50 PM
oh a side note it looks like the only places to get joes in my end of hall county are ross, marshels, tj max, and target

TEMPLAR BAGGINS
01-26-2011, 04:51 PM
New wave of Reveal the Shield with G2 Prime, Wreckgar and Perceptor have hit Georgia. A friend of mine called me this morning and said he found them at a few Target stores on Barret Pkwy. Let the hunt begin!!!

Also, anyone know if Dr. No's comics sales Joes now? I haven't been in there in years and just wondering if the owner might have bought some wave 4 POC.

Tracker
01-26-2011, 05:09 PM
New wave of Reveal the Shield with G2 Prime, Wreckgar and Perceptor have hit Georgia. A friend of mine called me this morning and said he found them at a few Target stores on Barret Pkwy. Let the hunt begin!!!

Also, anyone know if Dr. No's comics sales Joes now? I haven't been in there in years and just wondering if the owner might have bought some wave 4 POC.

just looked up the Dr. No's comics on the web is this the place.

Dr. No's Homepage (http://www.drnos.com/index.html)

i have got any of the Reveal the Shield transformers as i see the pack with Rodimus in it. they look interesting and and made me think of collecting them.

alcoholic ewok
01-26-2011, 05:14 PM

Spoiler alert!!!

Prime and Perceptor are Autobots!!

TEMPLAR BAGGINS
01-26-2011, 05:19 PM
just looked up the Dr. No's comics on the web is this the place.

Dr. No's Homepage (http://www.drnos.com/index.html)

i have got any of the Reveal the Shield transformers as i see the pack with Rodimus in it. they look interesting and and made me think of collecting them.

Spoiler alert!!!

Prime and Perceptor are Autobots!!

Yup, that's the place. Also, if ya didn't already know that Prime and Perceptor were Autobots? Well, then there's no hope for ya kid! :D

BTPVD420
01-26-2011, 06:48 PM
Excited about the new wave of Transformers RTS figs so good luck everyone! Will pickup most of the wave but it's not too pressing of a concern!

Looking forward to that Previews Mag that has new images of the rest of the POC/pre-Renagades stuff. Here's to hoping they are still gonna come with PLENTY of cool accessories!

As for the Joe meet-up my thinking is we should probably aim for either the 2nd or 3rd Thursday in February the 10th or the 17th so that we can all photograph our collections and build up our trade coffers full of goodies...

Bandit
01-26-2011, 08:53 PM
There's a Sand Serpent at the TC Ross as of lunchtime today. (I returned the I had bought last week.) There is also a $15 Night Raven at the TC Marshalls too. I snagged the last $7.50 NR at. target this week. POC wave 4 was up for preorder today on HTS so I ordered mine. With prices going up at target it was worth saving myself the hassle.

Does anyone know of any stores still selling TF deluxes at $9-10?

Tracker
01-26-2011, 09:07 PM
Does anyone know of any stores still selling TF deluxe at $9-10?

$11.99 is the lowest I've seen them lately

Tracker
01-27-2011, 04:38 PM
Ross In Gainesville has 6 Sand Serpents With Star Viper

WeaponXCustoms
01-27-2011, 04:56 PM
Excited about the new wave of Transformers RTS figs so good luck everyone! Will pickup most of the wave but it's not too pressing of a concern!

Looking forward to that Previews Mag that has new images of the rest of the POC/pre-Renagades stuff. Here's to hoping they are still gonna come with PLENTY of cool accessories!

As for the Joe meet-up my thinking is we should probably aim for either the 2nd or 3rd Thursday in February the 10th or the 17th so that we can all photograph our collections and build up our trade coffers full of goodies...

the last thursday in Feb or the first thursday of March is better for me personally. Got some job hunting to do the next few weeks (hopefully thats as long as it takes to find a new job HAHA) and will be preoccupied by that and customs for the most part.

sospechoso_80
01-27-2011, 05:46 PM
one day late, but yesterday (WED) in ROME, GA i saw a s.serpent, 3 of the MARS 3packs and the ROC BH/rollbar motorycle thingy at Ross.

the Tj maxx next door had nothing

the WM on 411 (heading towards rome) had zero joes, and one of the WM in rome had a few roc figures at 6.99$ WTF!! no POC

gyrapados
01-27-2011, 11:26 PM
If you need Quinlan Vos from the Clone Wars line head to target in Gainesville. They have two of him there adn one CW Shaak Ti along with the plethora of clone trooper peg warmers from the line.

Not much else, but I can confirm tracker's report about the sand serpents (night raven repaints). They had at least six of them or possibly more.

Bandit
01-29-2011, 09:30 PM
So I'm watching MI:3 on peachtree TV and caught the scene where there's the attack on the bridge. The henchman attacking Cruise look just like Shock Troopers. Needless to say I've now determined that I must buy 4 more of them.

gyrapados
01-29-2011, 11:45 PM
Good luck on finding those bandit. I've only found two of them so far.

alcinde4
01-30-2011, 12:08 AM
I went to Oxford Comics in Buckhead today. They had the Resolute 7-packs in.... For $60 each. No freaking thanks. Sigh. It's the first time I'd ever seen them up close. Doesn't look like I'll be getting these anytime soon. They still had a few POC wave 4. 2 Destro and a Skydive. I wanted another Destro to try my hand at customizing, but I passed on that also since it was $12. I ended up leaving with nothing. There weren't even any comics I wanted this week. I did pick up another Alley Viper at Target though.

brock Samson
01-30-2011, 10:52 AM
Be patient on those resolute 7 packs. They'll be in Ross sooner than you think for $17 bucks just like the previous two 7 packs.

I'll trade a Shock Trooper for a Low Light if anyone has one.

chuck harvey
01-30-2011, 11:34 AM
So I'm watching MI:3 on peachtree TV and caught the scene where there's the attack on the bridge. The henchman attacking Cruise look just like Shock Troopers. Needless to say I've now determined that I must buy 4 more of them.

There is a scene in the beginning of the movie where Alice is attacking the under ground Umbrella Liar...the guys look exactly like Shock Troopers! Pretty neat seeing them run around!

WeaponXCustoms
01-30-2011, 02:28 PM
So Im going to Phoenix Games on the 5th to get some Lord of The Rings gaming in. If anyone wants to stop by and say hey lemme know. Otherwise I saw we shoot for the 3rd Thursday of the month for the group meet. I'll will talk to Ken the store owner this week and make sure he's cool with it.

SoldOut4Stupid
01-30-2011, 04:20 PM
Just found MP Skywarp @ TJ Maxx in Cumming for 29.99. There is one left.

alcoholic ewok
01-31-2011, 10:52 AM
I went to Oxford Comics in Buckhead today. They had the Resolute 7-packs in.... For $60 each. No freaking thanks. Sigh. It's the first time I'd ever seen them up close. Doesn't look like I'll be getting these anytime soon. They still had a few POC wave 4. 2 Destro and a Skydive. I wanted another Destro to try my hand at customizing, but I passed on that also since it was $12. I ended up leaving with nothing. There weren't even any comics I wanted this week. I did pick up another Alley Viper at Target though.

Yeah it's like the newer ownership there (from whenever it changed this past decade) is trying to do more modern/better things, but still doing it wrong.

Do they still have that room full of crappy toys that they overordered on?

alcinde4
01-31-2011, 11:14 AM
Yeah it's like the newer ownership there (from whenever it changed this past decade) is trying to do more modern/better things, but still doing it wrong.

Do they still have that room full of crappy toys that they overordered on?

Yes, yes they do. Sometimes I go in that room and just shake my head. On rare occasions they'll have something in there that I'm looking for at a decent/great price. But more often than not, it's "Why the hell do they still have this, and why does it still cost so much?"

alcoholic ewok
01-31-2011, 02:17 PM
The Ross by perimeter mall has another hiss tank & fury in stock, i guess someone got the vamp they put out, or they just finally got their shit together & cleaned up the space.

Aca1raven2002
01-31-2011, 07:56 PM
Don't even come to newnan, THERE IS NOTHING!!! TJ MAX, ROSS, and WALLY WORLD all cleaned out, even Target! WAL-MART doesn't even CARRY POC anymore!!!!

Black Rose
01-31-2011, 09:51 PM
Nothing new on my front.

Mean Machine
02-01-2011, 08:18 AM
Sand serpents at Flowery Branch Ross. Nothing new, as usual, at the Oakwood Wal-Mart

alcoholic ewok
02-01-2011, 10:02 AM
Went to Newnan after work yesterday. Cleaned that place out. :D

alcoholic ewok
02-01-2011, 01:03 PM
also saw most of that new reveal the shield (spoiler, bumblebee's an autobot!) wave at the perimeter target today, didn't have kupp or blurr from the wave though.

BTPVD420
02-02-2011, 04:45 PM
Hit up my regular spots today, looks like Ross at N. Dekalb Mall had 4x Sand Serpents and a 12' Wet-suit & Stormy.

Ross at Sidney Marcus had 1 Sand Serpent & 1 Fury, not sure but looks like Ross is making more shelving/room for toys but putting out cheap non-hasbro stuff in that spot OUCH!

Hit up 3 targets as well: N. Druid hills had a bunch of wave 2 with 2 wave 3 Stormys and a space marine Duke. Had one RTS Bumblebee and a bunch of Skullgrins, WFC Cliffjumper, and other random stuff all pass!

Sidney Marcus target just had a bunch of wav 2 Joes but, was surprised to see generations Blurr for the first time out in the wild, alas already have him but he is a GREAT figure!

Finally ended up at Target on Peachtree across from Lennox Mall: Bunch of wav 2 Joes with a smattering of wav 3 stormy and duke, also Cobra carded CC is still there and lo and behold the AV I left for someone is still there!?

TF side lots of Hot Rod/Cyclonus 2-pack, a single generations Blurr, a single RTS Bumblebee and a bunch of thunderwing, skullgrin, cliffjumper wave.

sharky
02-02-2011, 04:47 PM
That's a pretty big Wet Suit.

WeaponXCustoms
02-02-2011, 05:00 PM
That's a pretty big Wet Suit.

I saw 12' and thought meatsuit....oh my

alcoholic ewok
02-03-2011, 01:07 PM
Perimeter Mall Ross had 3 of the shockblast-night creeper 2 packs and 1 of the gung ho-fugly copperhead 2 packs, no sign of that tunnel rat set though.

centone
02-04-2011, 05:05 AM
Cumming wm has wave 3 revision case in. Picked up the single st there, left av, duke, se, etc. The also have the ice cutter alpha clearanced to $9.

alcinde4
02-04-2011, 07:19 PM
Picked up 2 STs at the Target on Holcomb Bridge and 141 in Norcross. I left one on the pegs. Go get him!

gyrapados
02-06-2011, 07:22 PM
Went to several places in Buford this weekend and didn't really find anything worthwhile in the whole stinkin' town.

TRU was a sad sight for star wars, MU and Joe. Should have figured that with the sale they had going on. lol.

Tracker
02-07-2011, 12:02 AM
crysis 2 figures are at the target in ganiesville

WeaponXCustoms
02-07-2011, 02:35 PM
We are good to go for our meet @ Phoenix Games. Talked to Ken yesterday and he's totally fine with us using a couple of the back tables to hang out and shoot the shit. 3rd Thursday of every month and now we just need to settle on a time. Thoughts and comments fire away

sospechoso_80
02-07-2011, 09:40 PM
I lurk more then i post, but im down for a drive to Buford GA. Im bringing some joes to trade and excited to see some cool customs u creative guys have. this is just like 3rd grade except only difference is im fatter and balder. should be rad

alcinde4
02-08-2011, 01:40 PM
Either you guys aren't big fans of the ST's, or your just not out there hunting. Because I've picked up 7 in the last 4 days from 4 different stores. One of those was the Holcomb Bridge Target in Norcross I told you guys about, and he was still on the pegs 4 days later. So I picked that one up too.

alcoholic ewok
02-08-2011, 01:58 PM
picked up the kit fisto, mace windu and jango fett from the overpriced star wars line at perimeter mall target during lunch...

Godzilla
02-08-2011, 06:14 PM
Either you guys aren't big fans of the ST's, or your just not out there hunting. Because I've picked up 7 in the last 4 days from 4 different stores. One of those was the Holcomb Bridge Target in Norcross I told you guys about, and he was still on the pegs 4 days later. So I picked that one up too.

Um i already got my 20 STs early on and it was all within the drive from Cumming to Downtown Atlanta. Right now I am waiting for Low-Light and gunner Destro.

WeaponXCustoms
02-08-2011, 08:34 PM

yeah I got mine weeks ago, havent been doing much hunting since i started ordering stuff from BBTS. But I will be getting more at some point.

WeaponXCustoms
02-08-2011, 08:35 PM
I lurk more then i post, but im down for a drive to Buford GA. Im bringing some joes to trade and excited to see some cool customs u creative guys have. this is just like 3rd grade except only difference is im fatter and balder. should be rad

sounds good man!

alcinde4
02-08-2011, 09:05 PM
Um i already got my 20 STs early on and it was all within the drive from Cumming to Downtown Atlanta. Right now I am waiting for Low-Light and gunner Destro.

20 o_O!!! LOL. Okay then. I don't feel bad now. I just didn't want to deprive any of the local guys from their fair shot. I still want to get at least 8 to 10 more though.

Bandit
02-08-2011, 10:45 PM
If STs are found around Kennesaw, save some for me and let me know where they are! I only want 2-4 more.

I received my wave 4 figs from HTS over the weekend. Skydive and Shadow Tracker are great and Low Light is amazing. He was my favorite figure as a kid so having an updated version is nice. Now all I want to see is an update to Sci-Fi, Lifeline, and Techno-Viper and I'll be satisfied on vintage updates.

Tracker
02-08-2011, 10:54 PM
wow and here i am hoping to find just one more ST :) awesome finds

alcoholic ewok
02-09-2011, 09:59 AM
But he did mercifully leave the AV at Holcomb Bridge Target if someone's looking for one... :)

alcinde4
02-09-2011, 11:41 AM
This troop building is a really bad addiction. :)

Tracker
02-09-2011, 01:07 PM
yea but it's great for pictures, which i need to start doing again :(

Tracker
02-09-2011, 01:12 PM
But he did mercifully leave the AV at Holcomb Bridge Target if someone's looking for one... :)

thankfully i good on poc alley vipers infact i have one up for trade if anyone want to trade it for a shock trooper

Black Rose
02-09-2011, 09:37 PM
If STs are found around Kennesaw, save some for me and let me know where they are! I only want 2-4 more.

I received my wave 4 figs from HTS over the weekend. Skydive and Shadow Tracker are great and Low Light is amazing. He was my favorite figure as a kid so having an updated version is nice. Now all I want to see is an update to Sci-Fi, Lifeline, and Techno-Viper and I'll be satisfied on vintage updates.

If I see any ST's in the Kennesaw area I'll let you know. Haven't really seen anything new, if I do I'll keep you guys posted.

alcinde4
02-10-2011, 10:37 PM
I picked up DCUC wave 16 Riddler and Mercury from the La Vista Target. They still have the rest of the wave except for Azrael Batman and modern Robin.

alcoholic ewok
02-11-2011, 11:18 AM
I picked up DCUC wave 16 Riddler and Mercury from the La Vista Target. They still have the rest of the wave except for Azrael Batman and modern Robin.

Nice that a Target gets recent figures.

I don't think that modern Robin has shipped yet, but should be in later assortments of the wave. The first shipments that online stores got only had the classic one.

WeaponXCustoms
02-11-2011, 01:15 PM
hit the Brookhaven area this morning, nothing special to mention.

gyrapados
02-11-2011, 06:01 PM
I don't know whether to be sad or happy since at the closest walmart they only have 11 vintage figures total: could mean they won't restock until those are gone, or since the stock is low, maybe they will get more. I dunno.

But I doubt they'll be restocking any clone wars figures since the pegs are overflowing with clone troopers, anakins and obi wans.

BTPVD420
02-11-2011, 09:22 PM
hit the Brookhaven area this morning, nothing special to mention.

Yeah I'm afraid that I'm to blame for for that, good news is I always get just enough for me and I'll be happy to share the rest!

alcinde4
02-11-2011, 09:23 PM
Yeah I'm afraid that I'm to blame for for that, good news is I always get just enough for me and I'll be happy to share the rest!

Such as???

Black Rose
02-11-2011, 09:53 PM
Found Low-Light & SkyDive today in a revision case at Target. I left some Shock Troopers behind & Alley Vipers. Sending you that pm Bandit.

Bandit
02-13-2011, 10:50 AM
Very happy to see that Sci-Fi and Techno-Viper are being produced. Yeah! Now that Zarana is being made too, it'll make me want Zandar.

Bandit
02-13-2011, 10:51 AM
Found Low-Light & SkyDive today in a revision case at Target. I left some Shock Troopers behind & Alley Vipers. Sending you that pm Bandit.

Got that. Thanks. I've been ill so I wasn't able to take advantage of the news. I appreciate the notice though.

WeaponXCustoms
02-13-2011, 02:47 PM
*staying in till new stuff gets here in the Spring*

gyrapados
02-13-2011, 07:12 PM
Nothing new around these parts. At least we got lots of new stuff to look forward to this spring and summer.

brock Samson
02-16-2011, 03:29 PM
Saw vamp and blk hiss at smyrna ross. They're still there.

Black Rose
02-16-2011, 06:39 PM
Saw Target wave 3 exclusives at Town Center Mall Ross. The cannon was gone, but they had 2 Rams,1 bubble and one of the stupid gliders left.

gyrapados
02-16-2011, 08:49 PM
At Gainesville Target tonight I found one POC wave 3 Snake Eyes and got it. Last and only time I saw one was a month ago when I didn't have the funds. they had duke and ss but no shock troopers. but I have two of those already so the Snake Eyes was a welcome find.

with how cruddy the selections' been at retail lately it felt like a moral victory. lol

Tanksmasher
02-16-2011, 09:00 PM
Any sign of the current Star Wars wave with Luke (Death Star), Han (Yavin Ceremony) and R5-D4?

brock Samson
02-17-2011, 03:51 AM
I saw two sand serpents and a rage at the Ross at Lindbergh. The target across the street has a wave 3 SE left on the end-cap. I saw remnants of wave 3 target sets all day (gliders and rams). I did get lucky and found a single twin cannon at l5p which made me very happy. Also saw a lot of the WM 2 packs hanging around. The Ross in Cobb and perimeter have a bad repacker problem. The ROC repacks at perimeter were just sad. Oh well, they do it to themselves if they can't tell the figure has been swapped out.

Mean Machine
02-17-2011, 08:24 AM
Picked up a Terminator T-1 on clearance at the Athens TRU for two bucks. Not sure why I bought it. I think it was just to get my fix since retail has sucked so bad lately.

alcoholic ewok
02-17-2011, 10:39 AM
Any sign of the current Star Wars wave with Luke (Death Star), Han (Yavin Ceremony) and R5-D4?

I thought the current wave was the AOTC wave with Mace Windu & Jango Fett, seen that one a few times at Target but not the Luke/Han one yet.

Also picked up a few twin battle cannon packs at the Perimeter Mall Ross yesterday and the Ewok Glider battle pack.

They also had the crappy glider, but no trouble bubbles or RAM.

brock Samson
02-17-2011, 02:07 PM
Ewok, you must have beat me to those at perimeter. I wanted a second and found nothing but the one near me which had already been hit. Anyone seen wave 4 in retail?

BTPVD420
02-17-2011, 04:02 PM
Fellow GA tankers! We are having our monthly Joe meeting tonight at Phoenix Games in Buford! Should be a great time getting together with fellow fans for all things GI Joe!

We'll be starting up around 7:30pm and looking forward to meeting all you crazy katz...

brock Samson
02-17-2011, 04:16 PM
I've got a pool tournament to play in tonight but Sospecho will represent Poncey Highlands and Inman Park!

On another note, Joelanta is coming March 20th. The site is www.joelanta.com. Larry Hama will be the special guest which is pretty awesome since this is such a small show. The dealer turnout is a mix of 3 3/4 and 12" and they've got diorama contests as well. A great place to swap with other collectors or look for hard to find accessories.

Last year was my first attending and I got a dealer table. I had an absolute blast and moved a decent amount of toys. Single tables are $60 and a 10ftx10ft booth with three tables is $170. I had the single table last year and it was pretty cramped. If anyone is interested in sharing a booth, let me know! You also get companion passes for $5 bucks too so it's a good way of getting extra people in. The show proceeds go to charity as well.

alcinde4
02-17-2011, 04:18 PM
Ewok, you must have beat me to those at perimeter. I wanted a second and found nothing but the one near me which had already been hit. Anyone seen wave 4 in retail?

He beat me to it as well. By the time I got there all that was left was the glider. Also I've seen wave 4 in revision cases, in at all places Walmart.

Fellow GA tankers! We are having our monthly Joe meeting tonight at Phoenix Games in Buford! Should be a great time getting together with fellow fans for all things GI Joe!

We'll be starting up around 7:30pm and looking forward to meeting all you crazy katz...

I'll be there. I've been looking forward to it for a month now. I hope we have a good turn out. Even though it doesn't look like WeaponXCustoms will be there.

BTPVD420
02-17-2011, 04:58 PM
On another note, Joelanta is coming March 20th. The site is www.joelanta.com. Larry Hama will be the special guest which is pretty awesome since this is such a small show. The dealer turnout is a mix of 3 3/4 and 12" and they've got diorama contests as well. A great place to swap with other collectors or look for hard to find accessories.

Wow Brock I had no idea thanks for the heads up! And just when I thought my wallet had a chance to take a breather...

alcoholic ewok
02-17-2011, 05:11 PM
Saw SkyDive at walgreen's in Dunwoody for the low low price of $10.99.

It's still there.

WeaponXCustoms
02-17-2011, 06:48 PM
Saw SkyDive at walgreen's in Dunwoody for the low low price of $10.99.

It's still there.

did it smell bad cause I farted in that aisle earlier today =P

alcinde4
02-18-2011, 12:52 AM
What happened to you guys last night? Only four people (including myself) showed up. :( I was kinda disappointed in the turnout, but we had a good time anyway.

Tracker
02-18-2011, 01:57 AM
Glad y'all had fun maybe next time i will be able to make it but weekdays will be iffy at best

sospechoso_80
02-18-2011, 02:04 PM
uh yeah i dont know where i got that it was on Saturday, i cant read.
maybe next time guys

BTPVD420
02-18-2011, 05:03 PM
What happened to you guys last night? Only four people (including myself) showed up. :( I was kinda disappointed in the turnout, but we had a good time anyway.

Yeah it was awesome getting together and talking Joes with people that DON'T give me funny looks when I talk about "hunting" and "toy aisle resets"!

Glad I was able to hook you up last night, and thanks to that, I have more room on my shelves to maybe do a fun diorama!

alcinde4
02-18-2011, 06:19 PM
Yeah it was awesome getting together and talking Joes with people that DON'T give me funny looks when I talk about "hunting" and "toy aisle resets"!

Glad I was able to hook you up last night, and thanks to that, I have more room on my shelves to maybe do a fun diorama!

Hey, good luck on that diorama. Quite a few great ideas were thrown around last night! And thanks for the hook up :D.

gyrapados
02-18-2011, 06:36 PM
sorry about not being there last night guys, but I had class in athens from 7-9, so maybe I can make it to the next one.

gyrapados
02-18-2011, 06:37 PM
Question though:

Do you guys just collect/swap Joes or other lines too?

alcinde4
02-18-2011, 06:56 PM
Question though:

I collect more lines than the other guys, as I collect:

MOTUC
MU
JLU
DCUC
Marvel Legends
Marvel Select
DC Direct
and the Marvel movie lines
IM2
Thor
Captain America
also ME compatible 1/18th stuff (BBI, 21 Century, PTE etc)

But some of the other guys collect Transformers, Halo, JLU and a few other lines I can't remember.

I hope that helps.

gyrapados
02-18-2011, 11:15 PM
That does help.
I wondered about it since I collect joes, star wars, motuc, and dcuc.

WeaponXCustoms
02-19-2011, 01:56 AM
Question though:

Marvel Universe, I have most of the collection, excluding a few figures, and its one of the few lines I buy almost everything of. I like only have 1-2 variants of one character at the most though. If a new and better figure comes out I scrap the old one for parts.

Star Wars, I cherry pick. Mostly new Jedi's, Bounty Hunters, the odd Trooper, last ones I bought were Shak Ti and Ackbar.

Gi-Joe, Mainly POC stuff everything else is fodder to fuel my Resolute/POC styling I do for my own figures.

Transformers, Movie figures, Classics, and Beast Wars no vintage right now. Some Cybertron/Armada stuff for custom fodder.

Marvel movie lines, again I cherry pick.Im not a completist but I do like to Army build if I REALLY like the figure.

and random 3 3/4 stuff for fodder like PTE, BBI, etc, Im a Hasbro guy through, dyed, and blue. When Mattel gets their shit together and makes decent 3 3/4 figures ( with Avatar articulation ) I'll be on board.

gyrapados
02-19-2011, 01:00 PM
Nice to know we have similar interests in collecting.
BTW, when is the next get together?
I definitely want to plan to be there for the next one.

Black Rose
02-19-2011, 01:15 PM
Anyone seen that new Destro in stores or Shadow Tracker?

WeaponXCustoms
02-19-2011, 02:14 PM
Nice to know we have similar interests in collecting.
BTW, when is the next get together?
I definitely want to plan to be there for the next one.

Maybe we could change it to a Saturday? Not for myself but would that work better for you guys?

Anyone seen that new Destro in stores or Shadow Tracker?

Nope. I knew they were at Oxford comics for a week of so but that wells dried up by now probably.

GAAWAY
02-19-2011, 06:21 PM
[QUOTE=WeaponXCustoms;2308755]Maybe we could change it to a Saturday? Not for myself but would that work better for you guys?

Saturday is good for me as well. Although, Thursday wasn't bad either. It was great getting together by the way.

Tracker
02-19-2011, 08:27 PM
Maybe we could change it to a Saturday? Not for myself but would that work better for you guys?

Saturday would be a good day me and Aileybay would have a better shot at attending.

alcoholic ewok
02-20-2011, 12:14 AM
Other option: we get the store to relocate from waaaay out in Buford to somewhere closer. College Park has some cheap buildings for lease.

WeaponXCustoms
02-20-2011, 12:57 AM
Other option: we get the store to relocate from waaaay out in Buford to somewhere closer. College Park has some cheap buildings for lease.

Ken will expand when the economy gets better, last I heard the 2nd store is planned for Alpharetta since they have a huge gaming community.

alcinde4
02-20-2011, 01:56 AM
I'm wondering if some people didn't show up because of the location? Phoenix Games is a nice venue, and the owner was very hospitable. But is it too far for the Atlanta guys? I'm just wondering, because I honestly expected a much bigger turnout.

WeaponXCustoms
02-20-2011, 02:09 AM
dunno...these group things usually go like this the first few times and they either catch on of fizzle. Im going to be up there tomorrow getting some much needed Lord of The Rings games in, if anyones in the area.

GAAWAY
02-20-2011, 10:41 AM
I'm wondering if some people didn't show up because of the location? Phoenix Games is a nice venue, and the owner was very hospitable. But is it too far for the Atlanta guys? I'm just wondering, because I honestly expected a much bigger turnout.

Just to throw it out: alcinde4 has access to a clubhouse in Dunwoody that's right off the expressway. He said we could use that as a central location to meet. What do you guys think about that?

sharky
02-20-2011, 10:47 AM
I didn't show up because I'm pretty busying during the week. Thursday in particular I have after-school activities I take my daughter to. It's actually not far from where I live in Johns Creek. I would think no matter what day or time it is there will be some people that can't go. Them's the breaks.

gyrapados
02-20-2011, 06:15 PM
A saturday would be better for me too since I sometimes have thursday night classes and my daughter will have her soccer gameson those days.

alcinde4
02-20-2011, 10:37 PM
Back to the sightings. I picked up a couple Ram cycles w/sandstorm and a trouble bubble from the Ross by Stonecrest Mall, in Lithonia. I also picked up a POC Ice Cutter and A.W.E Striker on clearance for $11.00 a piece.

And yes, my offer still stands with the clubhouse if the commute is an issue. Not to take anything away from Phoenix Games, because we all had a good time there.

gyrapados
02-21-2011, 12:15 AM
The location in Buford is fine. I just need to know when you guys are planning the next get together soI can see if I can make it or not. Because if I can I'll be there.

WeaponXCustoms
02-21-2011, 01:57 AM
talked to Ken, Saturdays arent very good because they are busy and the store is FULL usually. Sunday's however are fine. I already meet there everyother Sunday for a LOTR group so if anything maybe that could work.

Tracker
02-21-2011, 11:25 AM
There another place in Buford that might. work it's up a the hill behind the dirt mall where ace heard where is. There's also a Lawrenceville location

Galactic Quest (http://www.galacticquest.com/)

gyrapados
02-21-2011, 12:33 PM
I could make it down there on a sunday. Weekdays are just so busy for me.

TEMPLAR BAGGINS
02-23-2011, 07:48 AM
Ok, I am a man in need of a Transformer fix. I come here because I am from Georgia. Sure, I live in Indiana but I DO NOT claim it as home. I have a MOC POC Low-Light that I would love to send back to the "mother land" :D Can someone PLEASE hook me up with a Reveal the Shield Wreckgar, Perceptor or a Generations Scourge? I'd like to trade it one-on-one. If someone can pick me up all three (at or near cost), I can do a trade & Paypal combo.

And for any mods who may read this and get butt hurt and say "it's in the wrong forum blah blah blah"... forgive me. I am a man on the edge and I know you guys have those Transformers down there!

gyrapados
02-23-2011, 05:16 PM
Found obi wan and cad bane with todo today. Bought cad bane.

Tracker
02-23-2011, 05:21 PM
Ok, I am a man in need of a Transformer fix. I come here because I am from Georgia. Sure, I live in Indiana but I DO NOT claim it as home. I have a MOC POC Low-Light that I would love to send back to the "mother land" :D Can someone PLEASE hook me up with a Reveal the Shield Wreckgar, Perceptor or a Generations Scourge? I'd like to trade it one-on-one. If someone can pick me up all three (at or near cost), I can do a trade & Paypal combo.

And for any mods who may read this and get butt hurt and say "it's in the wrong forum blah blah blah"... forgive me. I am a man on the edge and I know you guys have those Transformers down there!

i keep an eye out my walmart's toy section it starting to restock

also the new starwars wave has hit oakwaood walmart

Bandit
02-23-2011, 06:14 PM
Didn't find much for Joes in the Ksaw area today. TC Ross has a lone Ace w/ Glider from the Target 3-packs. TC Target is crammed with waves 1 and 2 of POC. TC TRU looks like its going out of business in the action figure area.

TC Target did have some of the new Thor figures. TC SWM has wave 5 of the SW Vintage collection.

brock Samson
02-23-2011, 09:27 PM
I'm in south florida for work and dropped by a tru on a whim. Couldn't believe it but I have now officially found every rare and variant 25th and roc figure in retail. Even more exciting was that I was never able to acquire this one from trading.

https://picasaweb.google.com/lh/photo/qFHm_vutmh-rgTqwm6nrawi0rpSz_QqL44ZdzQiFFgQ?feat=directlink

https://picasaweb.google.com/lh/photo/qFHm_vutmh-rgTqwm6nrawi0rpSz_QqL44ZdzQiFFgQ?feat=directlink

WeaponXCustoms
02-24-2011, 12:55 AM
I'm in south florida for work and dropped by a tru on a whim. Couldn't believe it but I have now officially found every rare and variant 25th and roc figure in retail. Even more exciting was that I was never able to acquire this one from trading.

Is that the Blue Tat version??? nice find

brock Samson
02-24-2011, 06:54 AM
Is that the Blue Tat version??? nice find

That it is! They also had the unmasked arctic shirtless SS but I'd passed on that one many times. At a wm later on I found a bunch of new star wars wave figs from luke to rd5. Thought they'd have wave 4 but alas this wm decided to not carry POC since it was a small location.

Tracker
02-24-2011, 12:29 PM

sweet do the have Kamakura and this version of Scarlett

YOJOE.COM | Shana "Scarlett" O'Hara (http://www.yojoe.com/action/09/scarlett12.shtml)

WeaponXCustoms
02-24-2011, 12:32 PM
sweet do the have Kamakura and this version of Scarlett

YOJOE.COM | Shana "Scarlett" O'Hara (http://www.yojoe.com/action/09/scarlett12.shtml)

was she rare or something??? I think Ive used 3-4 of her for customs

Tracker
02-24-2011, 12:42 PM
i don't think so but i never seen her up here :(

Godzilla
02-24-2011, 05:23 PM
i don't think so but i never seen her up here :(

Really? I saw tons of her at the WM at Windward.

Note on meeting on weekends: That is a no go for me.

WeaponXCustoms
02-24-2011, 06:34 PM
Looks like we're sticking with the 3rd Thursday of everymonth for now guys

gyrapados
02-25-2011, 12:25 AM
i keep an eye out my walmart's toy section it starting to restock

also the new starwars wave has hit oakwaood walmart

Do you mean new Vintage or Clone Wars?

Mean Machine
02-25-2011, 07:51 AM
Spotted SW Vintage Attack of the Clones wave at the Oakwood Walmart

alcoholic ewok
02-25-2011, 01:02 PM
Also seen most of it at the perimeter mall wal-mart, picked up the yoda (LAST TIME I BUY ONE, HASBRO!) and they'd put out a case of POC (mostly...could've been missing a few?) that had a few shocktroopers, av and jv in it, along with lowlight & the airwave guy. picked up the lowlight from it but the rest is there. not sure if they had 2 cases to put out or what, but there wasn't a destro or shadow tracker there, plus they'd had the box out yesterday when they were putting stuff out.

sharky
02-25-2011, 01:29 PM
Also seen most of it at the perimeter mall wal-mart, picked up the yoda (LAST TIME I BUY ONE, HASBRO!) and they'd put out a case of POC (mostly...could've been missing a few?) that had a few shocktroopers, av and jv in it, along with lowlight & the airwave guy. picked up the lowlight from it but the rest is there. not sure if they had 2 cases to put out or what, but there wasn't a destro or shadow tracker there, plus they'd had the box out yesterday when they were putting stuff out.
That'd be the first time I've heard of Walmart around here carrying Shocktroopers or Low Light. Glad to hear they've come to WM, finally.

WeaponXCustoms
02-25-2011, 01:54 PM
That'd be the first time I've heard of Walmart around here carrying Shocktroopers or Low Light. Glad to hear they've come to WM, finally.

yeah I picked up wv 3 SE at Walmart the other day, they still had Duke, so their showing up. I think we're lucky considering how many walmarts in other states have dumped the line.

alcinde4
02-25-2011, 02:01 PM

I helped facilitate that restock guys. There were 3 figures on the pegs for like 2 weeks straight at the perimeter Walmart. I bought all 3 (Arctic Destro, Jungle Storm Shadow and Jungle Duke) and returned them to the Chamblee-Tucker Walmart, who no longer carries POC. Those pegs have been empty for almost a week now, and I'm glad they finally restocked.

I'm good on waves 3 and 4. So whatever is there is for you guys. Have at it :D!

sharky
02-25-2011, 02:07 PM
I helped facilitate that restock guys. There were 3 figures on the pegs for like 2 weeks straight at the perimeter Walmart. I bought all 3 (Arctic Destro, Jungle Storm Shadow and Jungle Duke) and returned them to the Chamblee-Tucker Walmart, who no longer carries POC. Those pegs have been empty for almost a week now, and I'm glad they finally restocked.

I'm good on waves 3 and 4. So whatever is there is for you guys. Have at it :D!
Are you serious? The wouldn't restock with only 3 figures left on the pegs? That's crazy.

BTPVD420
02-25-2011, 03:34 PM
Hey guys sorry it's been awhile since I've posted, been off the grid due to having all of my current wants. In regards to our monthly meeting I'm afraid due to work that weekends are iffy for me at best, so I just wanted to throw it out there...

Alcinde4- the Walmart at Chamblee Tucker is in my neighborhood and I've talked to several toy department employees in getting Joes back, they say it's a numbers game, but I'm hopeful we'll be able to rescue that store from the non-Joe abyss!

alcinde4
02-25-2011, 03:43 PM
Alcinde4- the Walmart at Chamblee Tucker is in my neighborhood and I've talked to several toy department employees in getting Joes back, they say it's a numbers game, but I'm hopeful we'll be able to rescue that store from the non-Joe abyss!

I hope so man. We need as many viable options as possible to satiate our Joe hunger!!

gyrapados
02-25-2011, 03:55 PM
Alright so we'll be meeting on the third thursday of march.
I will try to be there if possible. Glad you guys are finding wave four of POC. All I really need from that wave is Lowlight but POC is nowhere to be found around these parts.

darthfoley
02-27-2011, 12:00 AM
TRU in WR had several cases of wave 4 as of yesterday.

alcinde4
02-27-2011, 01:00 AM
TRU in WR had several cases of wave 4 as of yesterday.

Is WR Warner Robbins?

WeaponXCustoms
02-27-2011, 01:01 AM
Is WR Warner Robbins?

usually :)

Tanksmasher
02-27-2011, 05:20 PM
I haven't seen Joes at the Tucker Wal-mart for so long I just stop going there all together. I thought after they turned into a super walmart there might actually be more waves.

WeaponXCustoms
03-01-2011, 01:48 PM
this thread needs more bacon

alcinde4
03-01-2011, 02:33 PM
Bacon makes EVERYTHING better.

BTPVD420
03-01-2011, 05:14 PM
Loving the new pics of POC wav 5!!! Should be interesting seeing how these figs will play out... Like the last min addition of the SCAR rifle to blowtorch, I'm thinking I may pick him up now to feed him a bunch of porkchop sandwiches...

Reverend Blood
03-01-2011, 08:34 PM
this thread needs more bacon

Ok, so i'm from North Florida, and was just skimming this thread for any south georgia sightings, but i couldn't resist.
EVERY thread needs more bacon.

http://bacontoday.com/wp-content/uploads/2010/04/BACON-BRA-pic-1-300x300.jpg

brock Samson
03-02-2011, 01:24 AM
Was at discover mills to check out the lego store and what did I find in Ross? Whirlwind and flight pod. Believe it or not, someone broke into the ram and stole sandstorm. They said they'd sell the rest for $4 and I said no thanks.

alcoholic ewok
03-02-2011, 03:56 PM
Bacon makes EVERYTHING better.

Got that right.

http://www.angryblacklady.com/wp-content/uploads/2010/04/kevin_bacon.jpg

alcinde4
03-02-2011, 04:48 PM
Got that right.

http://www.angryblacklady.com/wp-content/uploads/2010/04/kevin_bacon.jpg

Let's see how X-men First Class does, and then we'll talk. LOL

alcoholic ewok
03-02-2011, 07:16 PM

it already has tremors 2, 3, and x-men 2 & 3 beat.

BTPVD420
03-03-2011, 12:06 AM

Hmmm that's an interesting statement... Gotta remember going into it that you're gonna have to suspend disbelief and get into the movie-verse version of the story. The question is for the viewer is it gonna be worth it?

Haha the funny thing is you can say the same thing about my summer popcorn flick of choice TF3 Dark of the Moon. YIKES!!!

brock Samson
03-03-2011, 02:09 PM
Any wave 4 sightings? Sucks that TRU doesn't have them here but they have them in Florida and there's a two for 10.99 sale going on this week...