PDA

View Full Version : Who want's a 25th Drangonfly XH-1 ?!

NSP
02-21-2009, 05:21 PM
Has there been any word on a new 25TH Anniversary Drangonfly? That was my favorite vehicle as a kid and I hope they get to it sooner than later! :)

Anyone else looking forward to a 25th Drangonfly?

NSP

Cobra-Love
02-21-2009, 05:40 PM
They have the mold as they release it as the Locust some time ago. If Hasbro plans to re-release the Dragonfly then most likely we will see it in 2010 after the movie toys goes away.

Hat Trick
02-21-2009, 05:58 PM
I'd probably get it...rather have a Skystriker though.

Lifeline_MD
02-21-2009, 05:59 PM
I would like to see it, but it won't happen until 2010 at the earliest.

NSP
02-21-2009, 06:06 PM
Ya Ill prolly have to wait until the movie line is over with. But itt'll be worth the wait to get me a Dragonfly.

Id love to get a 25th Skystriker too! I remeber getting that with my Birthday money when I was 6 or 7. I think it was like $15. What a cool jet! Good times! :)

NSP

oliverbox
02-21-2009, 06:13 PM
I'd buy several. I loved the Dragonfly... it was an awesome helicopter, and it's not overly complicated... so I wouldn't think the price would be outrageous.

Zartanman
02-21-2009, 06:19 PM
Ya Ill prolly have to wait until the movie line is over with. But itt'll be worth the wait to get me a Dragonfly.

Id love to get a 25th Skystriker too! I remeber getting that with my Birthday money when I was 6 or 7. I think it was like $15. What a cool jet! Good times! :)

NSP

Yeah man, Inflation is the craps. You could get so much for $20 in the 80's.

I remember getting the Skystriker with my birthday money as well and it was awesome. I stat and stared at the box for a good hour before I even opened it.

Then it took me like three hours to put it together and put all the stickers on it and oogle over the new papers that came with it.

I was so meticulous about the placement of the decals I wanted everything to be perfect.

I lost one of my parachutes in a tree. Luckily I got Ace to come down.

Someday when I'm a gazillionaire I'm going to buy a MIB Skystriker and relive that experience.

NSP
02-21-2009, 06:37 PM

I remember getting the Skystriker with my birthday money as well and it was awesome. I stat and stared at the box for a good hour before I even opened it.

Then it took me like three hours to put it together and put all the stickers on it and oogle over the new papers that came with it.

I was so meticulous about the placement of the decals I wanted everything to be perfect.

Someday when I'm a gazillionaire I'm going to buy a MIB Skystriker and relive that experience.

(double post)

NSP
02-21-2009, 06:39 PM

Haha. Cool story! Ya $20 was ALOT to me as a kid. I loved going to Childrens Palace or Lionel Playworld to look at the new Joes!

I was really meticulous with my sticker-application too! You kinda had to be. Those stickers were so fragile.

I think I lost a Parachute or two up in the trees too! :)

NSP

NSP
02-21-2009, 06:42 PM
I'd buy several. I loved the Dragonfly... it was an awesome helicopter, and it's not overly complicated... so I wouldn't think the price would be outrageous.

Im guessing it'll be around $19.99. A little more than say an 25th A.W.E. Striker....but a little less than say an 25th Conquest Jet.

NSP

bigdaddyblue73
02-21-2009, 06:45 PM
A Dragonfly would be great, put me down for a fleet of them.

Greyryder
02-21-2009, 06:54 PM
Hell yes! I'd want a Dragonfly! It was the only big Joe vehicle I had as a kid, and I've always liked helicopters.

jaimanstone
02-21-2009, 07:06 PM
The Dragonfly was my very first JOE item. I got it for Christmas when I was five years old. I still remember how blown away I was. Wild Bill and me had a hell of a lot of adventures! I have one that I just recently restored and it looks Christmas Morning 1984 fresh! I've always loved it and always will!

Black-Op
02-21-2009, 09:02 PM
I love the dragonfly, I would definitely buy a couple. If they do rerelease it I hope its a new and slightly improved mold just like the SkyHawk (GhostHawk).

kneroh
02-21-2009, 09:10 PM
I have enough air power. I want to see some joe armor and some Iron Grenadier... anythings.

Gamble
02-21-2009, 09:11 PM
The Dragon would be a step in the right direction. They would have my dough.

jayeyejoo
02-21-2009, 09:12 PM
I have enough air power. I want to see some joe armor and some Iron Grenadier... anythings.
hell yah!

Gamble
02-21-2009, 09:16 PM
Anybody up for a dozen more X-30's? One would sure hit the spot right about now.

I want something tangible.

Hmheggins2000
02-21-2009, 09:17 PM
Only if they retool it. I think they could retool it and make it better like they did with the shark, stingraider, and ghost hawk.

Gamble
02-21-2009, 09:19 PM
I want to see a Stun. Small enough to be made I should think.

Maybe an ASP?

MakWiesel
02-21-2009, 09:32 PM
Have you guys seen the 21st Century Toys Cobra Attack Chopper? I loved the HELL outta the dragonfly - being a Helicopter nut- but this AH-1 next to my Dragonfly is just so dang uber-gorgeous it makes me feel like I'm 10 again. I would like to see the Dragonfly re-made, my nephews would love it- but for you grown-ups, check out the 21st version :)

Quantum
02-21-2009, 09:39 PM
I've been hoping to hear about the Dragonfly being released. I never had it as a kid, and I love helicopters, so I'm totally gunning for it.

kneroh
02-21-2009, 09:40 PM
I do need another Wild Bill.

Gamble
02-21-2009, 09:45 PM
If you we're so inclined, I'm sure you could find a Locust XH-1 from the collectors series. You can find them on the cheap.

Incidently, I have one myself. Take a peek see.

YOJOE.COM | Assault Copter Locust [XH-1] (http://www.yojoe.com/vehicles/00/locust/)

Jinx723
02-22-2009, 02:20 AM
Well, at last years San Diego Comic Con, I asked if there where plans on releasing the Dragon Fly. And they straight up told me, no. Which I find rather bizzare since they have the mold for it. But that was seven months ago. If and when they release the Dragon Fly, updated of course, I only ask that WILDBILL IS NOT, I repeat, NOT INCLUDED!!! WildBill was a cool character and now I hate him, Thanks Hasbro.

NSP
02-22-2009, 03:25 AM
There HAVE been too many Wild Bills made...but Id take another if it meant getting a 25th Dragonfly!

NSP

Gatchaman
02-22-2009, 04:24 AM
I would buy one......and then another one......then one more. Had it as a kid and loved it. And that’s with me never being able to get the landing gear to stay on.

Bravestarr
02-22-2009, 04:31 AM
I'd probably get it...rather have a Skystriker though.

Motion seconded, and followed up with a Night Boomer!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Greyryder
02-22-2009, 05:10 AM
You can never have too many Wild Bills! :D

cowboys > ninjas

Bravestarr
02-22-2009, 05:12 AM
Have you guys seen the 21st Century Toys Cobra Attack Chopper? I loved the HELL outta the dragonfly - being a Helicopter nut- but this AH-1 next to my Dragonfly is just so dang uber-gorgeous it makes me feel like I'm 10 again. I would like to see the Dragonfly re-made, my nephews would love it- but for you grown-ups, check out the 21st version :)

Are you referring to this bad bird?

Crank up your speakers!!!!!!!!

YouTube - The Scale Master 2007 (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=C465ah8JzqM)

CaptainDinobot
02-22-2009, 11:32 AM
Yes, this would be cool.

Syn3sthesia
02-22-2009, 11:32 AM
Add me to the list.

crock master
02-22-2009, 11:33 AM
screw that i just want another wild bill

GI C
02-22-2009, 12:03 PM
Accaully I got the locust chopper from the 2001 GI joe release.I got for free with a lot that I bought off of Ebay.I decided to take it out out of the box and see if I can put Wild Bill in it.It took some tweeking but he can fit.

buddystalin
02-22-2009, 05:12 PM
Thus far the only army builder vehicle for me has been the HISS tank.

But I would buy a swarm of Dragonflies.

Ixz72
02-22-2009, 05:22 PM
Unless they do a major overhaul (retooling) of it I'm really not that interested. Amongst the vintage Joe items I think the Dragonfly is one of the easiest to come by. Just recently I saw a Locust (2001 Dragonfly re-release) MIB and I think the guy wanted less than $30 for it.

I have one which I bought for $5.00 and it was one of the earlier releases (the ones with the tilt up and down cannon and flame thrower) and the only things missing were the big side cannon and one of the missiles. I was able to buy a parts lot on ebay containing both parts for less than $7.00 and I was able to complete it.

Oh and by the way, 25th Wild Bill can only fit on the backseat of the Dragonfly (which is where the pilot sits in the real one anyway).

UMAN
02-22-2009, 05:25 PM
...nah, 24 is enough for me.

j/k

I'd love to see one. Obviously, it would need to be a brand new mold and fit the figures comfortably.