PDA

View Full Version : classis Modern 7packs and the Flak Cannon/Claw Vehicle set

The BLAY
02-16-2009, 04:43 PM
Ok guys, please dont bite my head off if this sounds like a stupid question, or if its already been answered b/c I havent seen it posted.. so
with the new 7packs we are getting, which I personally think are gonna be amazing!
(with a Lamprey I can justify buying a Hydrofoil finally)
Two of the figs. included are Outback and Strato-Viper.. two I have long waited for and was hoping to get with the Claw/Flak cannon set.. now my question is, since they are coming out in the 7-packs does that confirm that the vehicle packs that they were initially intended to be a part of are no longer going to be released?

I would have no problem if they are still planning on releasing both b/c I could use two Strato-Vipers.. but I was just wondering if anyone had any idea as to the direction Hasbro was headed with these since a few sites including toywiz just put the flak cannon back up for pre-order and its due out in April...

any ideas?

Troynos
02-16-2009, 04:45 PM
No one knows until Hasbro tells us what is going on.

Anything is just theory/conjecture/hope/bitching right now.

My guess: they'll be released with different figures.

The BLAY
02-16-2009, 04:49 PM
No one knows until Hasbro tells us what is going on.

Anything is just theory/conjecture/hope/bitching right now.

My guess: they'll be released with different figures.

I could deal with the Flak Cannon coming with someone else
but I think the 7packs would have benefited more if Outback and Strato-Viper were left to come in the vehicle packs and they were replaces with perhaps Lifeline and a Night-Viper. just my opinion.. Im excited in either case.. just wanted some thoughts and opinions on it

DarthBrett
02-16-2009, 04:53 PM
I think somebody (can't remember which site it was on) talked to Hasbro at Toy Fair and they were told that the Flak/Stinger and CLAW are still going to be released at some point in the the future. The chances however that Outback and Strato-Viper would be packed in with them is probably not good, though (by then they could put a Star or Astro-Viper with the CLAW and maybe a camo Leatherneck or updated Rock N Roll or Steeler maybe).

Cdt Weasel
02-16-2009, 04:58 PM
Somewhere in one of the toyfair reports (maybe at toyark). The author stated they asked a hasbro rep about them and they said they were currently on hold, with hopes to release them in the future. So that doesn't really answer anything.

I would doubt they would be released with different figures. That would require all new packaging to be designed/made for them.

Troynos
02-16-2009, 05:04 PM
I would doubt they would be released with different figures. That would require all new packaging to be designed/made for them.

We never saw in-package pictures, just vehicles with figures.

So chances are there wasn't any packaging done yet.

Zoltron
02-16-2009, 05:09 PM
I think somebody (can't remember which site it was on) talked to Hasbro at Toy Fair and they were told that the Flak/Stinger and CLAW are still going to be released at some point in the the future. The chances however that Outback and Strato-Viper would be packed in with them is probably not good, though (by then they could put a Star or Astro-Viper with the CLAW and maybe a camo Leatherneck or updated Rock N Roll or Steeler maybe).

That would be hilarious to see a Star or Astro viper packaged with the Claw. They are space troopers. I guess the economy hit Cobra as well and his space troopers can't afford to go to space.

Star Viper is just an IG repaint with Duke web gear and a new head/removable helmet.

Astro Viper could just be a frankensteined figure of Wraith arms, hiss driver legs, new torso, and a new helmet/head.

Sergeant Major
02-16-2009, 05:36 PM
*Bites your head off*

ShockBlastWave
02-16-2009, 05:45 PM
Why not include these vehicles in the packs?
Altough the CLAW would be better for attack and the FLAK for defense as opposed to the names of the packs, I think it would be nice to have some vehicle for the figures.
These aren't even that big of an accessory, so the price wouldn't go up much.

The BLAY
02-16-2009, 05:56 PM
*Bites your head off*

great.. now my head's been bitten off.. what am I supposed to do now?! lol