PDA

View Full Version : Rise of Cobra Combat Heroes on Ebay

Glumby
02-11-2009, 08:06 AM
I did a search but couldnt find any threads, this guy has three of them listed.

eBay Seller: go labrador: Toys Hobbies, Clothing, Shoes Accessories items on eBay.com (http://search.ebay.com/_W0QQsassZgo_labrador)

The BLAY
02-11-2009, 08:16 AM
you can see CC's face/mask in the one... hmmmm

shlappyguy
02-11-2009, 08:30 AM
well, looks to me like that "doctor" character that had some photos popping up hereabouts is indeed the Commander...

quintonarledge
02-11-2009, 08:46 AM
FYI: this dude has the new Mr. Sinister, X-23 and Blob figures for you Superhero Squad collectors out there, too.

Foolproof
02-11-2009, 09:03 AM
That costume...Looks like they got CC and Firefly mixed up. Typical hollywood. As far as I'm concerned, that's not Cobra Commander. Defend the movie all you want, but that sucks.

Shogi
02-11-2009, 09:35 AM
Huh, so I guess they didn't cancel the Combat Heroes line?

Wait...I've seen this move before. They cancelled the last bit of Spy Troops (Crimson Sabotage set with Duke, Snake-Eyes, etc...) to get VvV out quicker then later release something similar under the VvV banner.

Also sorta like what they did with the whole "robot rebellion" thing, but that one was supposedly fuelled by lack of money or store support.

So my guess here is that perhaps they cancelled the 3rd wave of "classic" Combat Heroes for "movie" Combat Heroes?

Tuscan
02-11-2009, 09:42 AM
This crap is unacceptable. It's as if they are slowly lowering our standards to the point where we will buy any repainted garbage they throw at us. All the retro versions of CC are awesome. The chrome face, hood, battle armor. What the hell is this?

Hollywood isn't about giving the fans the movies they want, it's about giving the fans what the companies want. And the companies want to spend less on molds, less on colors, less on imagination. This stuff is serious garbage.

MrClean
02-11-2009, 09:57 AM

Wait...I've seen this move before. They cancelled the last bit of Spy Troops (Crimson Sabotage set with Duke, Snake-Eyes, etc...) to get VvV out quicker then later release something similar under the VvV banner.

Also sorta like what they did with the whole "robot rebellion" thing, but that one was supposedly fuelled by lack of money or store support.

So my guess here is that perhaps they cancelled the 3rd wave of "classic" Combat Heroes for "movie" Combat Heroes?

I think you're right. I think all the "cancelled" or "delayed" stuff like Combat heroes and the Vehicles, were to simply make room for the stores to order more movie merchandise.

The Conflict
02-11-2009, 10:11 AM

they cancelled wave 3? i though it was only delayed...also,who was in wave 3 initially and was there ever a wave 4 reported?

Glumby
02-11-2009, 10:16 AM
Wave 3 -

-Commando Snake Eyes Vs. Cobra Viper
-Shipwreck Vs. Crimson Guard
-Lady Jaye Vs. Major Bludd
-Gung Ho Vs. Cobra Commander (Hooded)

G.I. Joe Combat Heroes Wave 03 Images - GI Joe News (http://www.hisstank.com/gi-joe-news/other-14/gi-joe-combat-heroes-wave-03-images-7863/)

stknviper1071
02-11-2009, 10:19 AM
at least they got destros mask right,,,,but cobra commander,,,,oh hell no

The Conflict
02-11-2009, 10:27 AM
i really hope they didnt cancel these, idk why but i love these little guys. i remember seeing a amoured cc, which wave was he in? btw,the movie combat heroes suck...

cmderinchief
02-11-2009, 10:28 AM
That's AWESOME! I love these guys. Free shipping from HK. I'll squeeze the trigger on these.

gunslingercbr
02-11-2009, 10:30 AM
look pretty cool to me.

Lifeline_MD
02-11-2009, 10:40 AM
I don't see them?

Foolproof
02-11-2009, 10:45 AM
Weird, he took them down. Glad I saved the box back image.

Lifeline_MD
02-11-2009, 10:47 AM
would you mind PMing it to me. I'd like to see this.

darthfoley
02-11-2009, 10:47 AM
Somebody used Buy It now (at 16 a pop, no less) so they don't show in his current auction list anymore. You have to search for his completed auctions.

Not impressive, IMO. CC's mask looks terrible.

Lifeline_MD
02-11-2009, 10:48 AM
Oh, thanks.

botticus
02-11-2009, 10:50 AM
Wave 3 -

-Commando Snake Eyes Vs. Cobra Viper
-Shipwreck Vs. Crimson Guard
-Lady Jaye Vs. Major Bludd
-Gung Ho Vs. Cobra Commander (Hooded)

G.I. Joe Combat Heroes Wave 03 Images - GI Joe News (http://www.hisstank.com/gi-joe-news/other-14/gi-joe-combat-heroes-wave-03-images-7863/)

I will be unhappy if I don't get my Crimson Guard.

The Commander
02-11-2009, 10:59 AM
Saved the pics. CC's mask doesn't look too terrible, but nothing resembling the comic. Kinda giving that Darth Vader vibe.

The Commander
02-11-2009, 11:01 AM
For those interested:

http://i272.photobucket.com/albums/jj181/marccallison/CH_Duke_CC_front.jpg

http://i272.photobucket.com/albums/jj181/marccallison/CH_Duke_CC_back.jpg

Foolproof
02-11-2009, 11:11 AM
http://www.hisstank.com/forum/members/foolproof-albums-joe-pics-picture6723-moviecombatheroes.jpg
Sorry it's late, the Tank has crashed on me twice this morning.

The Batman
02-11-2009, 11:14 AM
I still wouldn't piss on these things if they were on fire! I would probably add more gasoline if it would make them burn faster!!

spazzy
02-11-2009, 11:20 AM
eh...I'll still get one set to keep in pkg, not liking the CC though.

SNAKE EYES
02-11-2009, 11:25 AM
I think it's funny the Combat Hero movie toys resemble Duke more than any movie image or movie toy we have seen before. Way to confuse the kids Hasbro. Every movie image and toy image has the brown hair and goatee now with the Combat Hero movie Duke we get a more recognizable look with blond hair and no goatee.

rob0213
02-11-2009, 11:26 AM
Don't care for CC at all. Destro looks OK.

cmderinchief
02-11-2009, 11:41 AM
I'd like to see that wave come out eventually too.

TheLongestDay
02-11-2009, 11:45 AM
I really hope he wears blue like the figure! Im definitely digging CC's mask-kinda like a Battle Armour CC vibe

SnakeEyes2184
02-11-2009, 11:58 AM
WoW CC looks awesome, even for a Combat Hero.....

Troynos
02-11-2009, 11:59 AM
Can't see the picture of it anymore, not on his listing.

Steel Brigade
02-11-2009, 12:05 PM
Very interesting find, thanks for the pics. ^_^

Gamble
02-11-2009, 12:14 PM
I never got into the combat heroes. Maybe i'll purchase one at some point, still working on the figures.

Cavbeast
02-11-2009, 12:15 PM
Oh they're so cute...this movie can't possibly suck with figures this cute. *Snicker*

Gung.Heaux
02-11-2009, 12:17 PM
This crap is unacceptable. It's as if they are slowly lowering our standards to the point where we will buy any repainted garbage they throw at us. All the retro versions of CC are awesome. The chrome face, hood, battle armor. What the hell is this?

Hollywood isn't about giving the fans the movies they want, it's about giving the fans what the companies want. And the companies want to spend less on molds, less on colors, less on imagination. This stuff is serious garbage.

need a tissue?

SnakeEyes2184
02-11-2009, 12:18 PM
CC mask resembles all his prior mask especially Battle Armor CC. I cannot wait for the movie.

quintonarledge
02-11-2009, 12:23 PM
the only thing I could think of after seeing Cobra Commander was "Onccccce, a mannnnn!"

Gamble
02-11-2009, 12:25 PM
Joseph as cobra commander is quite a stretch of his acting talents. I wonder how his voice will sound............

wardamnpjm
02-11-2009, 12:27 PM
CC mask is different.......I'll say that much. Not sure how I feel about it at this point.I think these figures will be more appealing to me once I have seen the movie. Even though I am already extremely familiar with all of these characters from ARAH,seeing the movie will help to give a personality to these guys. For me the movie and ARAH will be two seperate entities all together.I won't have a problem seperating the two.

Freedom
02-11-2009, 12:28 PM
That looks a lot better than The Doctor!

The more I see from this movie, pics, trailer, & toys, the more excited I get!

rob0213
02-11-2009, 12:31 PM
*****drinks a Yo Joe cola*****

Yep, I went there.

Porkchop Sandwiches
02-11-2009, 12:31 PM
I don't understand the allure of Combat Heroes.

Rikus20
02-11-2009, 12:33 PM
Iím not fond of CC look. I wish they kept the hood. I heard a rumor they the movie change his look to this, because it was to close the kkk. Bottom with the hood blue and with a CORBA on it. it does not look like the KKK hood. And Iím Black.

Gamble
02-11-2009, 12:33 PM
I don't understand the allure of Combat Heroes. I understand it. I just don't get it =) haha.

silverjunkee
02-11-2009, 12:37 PM
I don't get these Combat Heroes, then again I'm not 6 y.o. either. Regardless, I can imagine what the non-cuddly version of CC will look like after seeing these images and I'm cool with it.

Really, think how bizarre some disembodied voice coming out of a chrome surface with no facial features would get after a couple minutes on screen. Something we forgive in cartoons or comics, but I doubt most (NOT hardcore fans, but the popcorn movie masses that will determine this film's success) would accept it as anything short of "silly", Joe canon or not. At least Vader had lenses for eyes and some features that resembles a nose, cheekbones and mouth.

If he's got some cliche "sinister cackling" voice under that, than I'll have to hold the laughter back even if I don't mind the mask.

Wylde Weezle
02-11-2009, 12:38 PM
If that's the "cutesied" version of movie Cobra Cdr, I'm wondering how sick looking he'll be. I also wonder if movie Destro's mask will look like this or if it's just laziness on Hasbro's part since they already had Duke and Destro head sculpts

Gamble
02-11-2009, 12:39 PM
*****drinks a Yo Joe cola*****

Yep, I went there.

I'll have a grape soda and join you.

Wylde Weezle
02-11-2009, 12:39 PM
I meant they already had Duke and Destro CAD head sculpts; I realize the heads aren't molded separately from the figures...

Sho Nuff
02-11-2009, 12:45 PM
Oh Gawd, just threw up a little.

Cdt Weasel
02-11-2009, 12:48 PM
I say this wave will be the death of combat heros. lol

Fierce Krypton
02-11-2009, 12:53 PM
wtf, octopus commander?

Fierce Krypton
02-11-2009, 12:53 PM
I say this wave will be the death of combat heros. lol

lord I hope so, I hate those pieces of trash.

Gentleman
02-11-2009, 12:58 PM
That's gotta hurt.

Never thought CC would look *this* bad. And it has nothing to do with him not resembling the comic, toon or toy, mind you. Before ya'll get started.

Sure, this is just a silly combat heroes interpretation, but you can already tell what they're aiming for. Man, someone's got to rid the world of the John Peters and DiBonaventuras, etc.

Holy shit, that sure has got to hurt.

butter_the_pure
02-11-2009, 01:02 PM
This thread is pretty damn funny!

CC looks like The American Movie Version of Guyver... why did they do this? http://www.neoguyver.com/images/characters/guyver/guyver1-4.jpg
In fact this whole movie is shaping up to look like that movie.
Totally does not look like the 'mander.
Out of all the masks CC has had - they have to do this?

RoadShlock
02-11-2009, 01:03 PM
So Jason X is Cobra Commander?

Gamble
02-11-2009, 01:04 PM
lord I hope so, I hate those pieces of trash.

Snake eyes doesn't have a dad. He was born via immaculate conception.

Viper_486
02-11-2009, 01:12 PM
My thoughts on this whole live movie debacle so far...

Worst movie ever.

This pile is going to make the live action Street Fighter movie look like a masterpiece.

Worst CC ever.

the makers of this film have actually pooped out a CC that makes this one:
http://www.yojoe.com/action/91/91images/cobracommander4.jpg
look awesome

I figure this will film be the end of the franchise as we know it.

Ray Park himself said that if you were under 5 it would rock, but over five to stay away.

yourfacehere
02-11-2009, 01:12 PM
PYscho mantis?
That's the costume they went with?
Really.....
I expected something better.

Slaughter's_Marauder
02-11-2009, 01:16 PM
CC blows! why the hell are they designing this crap. the movie should be called fall of cobra, cause i don't think this movie will fund any sequels.

Sysiss
02-11-2009, 01:16 PM
Regardless of how CC or anyone else for that matter looks *now* that has NOTHING to do with how the look of the characters *might* evolve into more recognizable forms in the future. Nothing is set in stone and as things move along via sequel and so forth expect to see changes.

Is CC's chrome plated mask or hood supposed to be just hanging out in the back of Destro's shed next to the leaf blower, as he just hands it over to "The Doctor" and says, hey man wear this. You have to take into account that very little in the way of actual Cobra is established as we know it in this movie, as this movie LEADS up to that. This is the foundation and very basic.

Who knows how much CC is even in this movie, I would think not that much. I'd bet my Refrigerator Perry's Football on a Stick that what he'll eventually look like as well as what he's all about will be nothing more then a cliffhanger as Rise of Cobra ends .

qwe
02-11-2009, 01:18 PM
I hate to say it, but it always kind of bothers me when they take a movie that will be a strong PG 13 and then market toys to kids from it.

I mean the action figures is a no brainer,
but this, beyond being increadibly stupid,
just leaves a bad taste in my soul.

NormanB
02-11-2009, 01:20 PM
Is Duke a repaint? That's kind of sh/tty.

Slaughter's_Marauder
02-11-2009, 01:21 PM
sorry, i still think this whole movie is starting off on the wrong foot. The trailer said "we answer to no one", uh........maybe they answer to AMERICA, like the "real american hero gi joe." that kinda used to be their slogan.

Gamble
02-11-2009, 01:23 PM
sorry, i still think this whole movie is starting off on the wrong foot. The trailer said "we answer to no one", uh........maybe they answer to AMERICA, like the "real american hero gi joe." that kinda used to be their slogan.

They hold a responsibility to the tax payer. I don't think they want to loose their funding!

teemu8
02-11-2009, 01:29 PM
this movie is headed for disaster....how can they ruin cobra commander like that....why re-invent what already worked?

you suck hasbro for destroying a good thing

cmderinchief
02-11-2009, 01:39 PM
heheh....this thread is entertaining.

NormanB
02-11-2009, 01:42 PM
Apologies if these have already been seen:

Source: Marvel Super Hero Squad Forum - Login (http://du5tin.proboards91.com/index.cgi?action=display&board=talk&thread=1391&page=1)

yourfacehere
02-11-2009, 01:55 PM
Wait....
Didn't the neo viper have black awesome armor with a b*tchin skull mask?

RoadShlock
02-11-2009, 02:00 PM
I'd say everybody seems acceptable with the exception of Cobra Commander and Wayans Brutha.

TheLongestDay
02-11-2009, 02:01 PM
Wait....

thats the regular vipers

Nemesis_Enforcer
02-11-2009, 02:02 PM
What kind of B*ttf*** S*** is this? They r***d Cobra Commander. Why change his look? It worked fine before! WTF!!

I'm pissed. Damn you Hollywood!!!!

esg2145
02-11-2009, 02:05 PM
Well regardless of the figures pictured, I'm SURE the producers of the movie and Hasblow bother are just THRILLED an image of the Commander has made it out there now. :)

I gave up on movies being anything like the original or like I expected them to be a loooooooong time ago. :(

Freedom
02-11-2009, 02:07 PM
Man, I'm gonna go dig out my parachute pants from the '80's and start wearing them again!

What? It worked then! Why change it?

I think this new incarnation of Cobra Commander will ROCK! With the jacket and chest plate, he looks more like a snake. He actually has breathing tubes in his mask, so he doesn't suffocate being in a closed mask all day! BRILLIANT!

eddy-arashikage
02-11-2009, 02:18 PM
awwww hell no!! CC looks terrible!! Why couldn't they have made him look like he did in the hot toys special addition 12 inch figure?

My 7 year old said that he looks gay in that photo and that its NOT!! cc!!

TheLongestDay
02-11-2009, 02:23 PM
awwww hell no!! CC looks terrible!! Why couldn't they have made him look like he did in the hot toys special addition 12 inch figure?

My 7 year old said that he looks gay in that photo and that its NOT!! cc!!

shut up Ed or I will kick your ass back to bangkok again!

DetectiveFork
02-11-2009, 02:54 PM
This isn't about what fans or the toy company wants. It's about movie producers needing to make these properties their own and rethink everything that's already perfect, making it look like crap in the process. First Transformers, now Cobra Commander in G.I. Joe. It just never frickin' ends. I blame Lorenzo DiButthead.

Melissa
02-11-2009, 02:59 PM
awww Cobra Commander! Well if we say hell no on his looks loud enough maybe they will change it in the sequel. Gi Joe Pt2 Cobra Commander gets his groove back.

Zoltron
02-11-2009, 03:06 PM
It doesn't look that bad.

I actually find his mask rather disturbing. Like someone constantly hooked up to life support and he looks disfigured.

Sigma6_fan85
02-11-2009, 03:08 PM
I really hope he wears blue like the figure! Im definitely digging CC's mask-kinda like a Battle Armour CC vibe

thats what i thought when i saw him! LOL this is great time for GIJOE DUDE! of course the nay sayers will find SOMETHING to bitch about. so far though i'm liking this alot man.

Foolproof
02-11-2009, 03:11 PM

I actually find his mask rather disturbing. Like someone constantly hooked up to life support and he looks disfigured.

You mean like this?
http://www.mwctoys.com/images/htc_DrSatan1.jpg

valdin
02-11-2009, 03:24 PM
Is it just me, or has anyone else noticed that destro looks like the nanites have went from his face to his hands as well? I hope that doesn't mean it covers his whole body now. We will have bald colossus then. Ok
Lets just pretend those are silver oven mitts and he is baking cookies for the bad guys

Sigma6_fan85
02-11-2009, 03:27 PM
>w< oh man you guys are endless....reminds me alot of the transformer fans when they squealed about megtron.... >.> seriously though this is a new version of cobra commander nothing can look the same guys this ain't your 80's joes this is the future joes of a new era.

Zoltron
02-11-2009, 03:36 PM
You mean like this?
http://www.mwctoys.com/images/htc_DrSatan1.jpg

Thats a rob zombie character isn't it?

I think the mask when done in the live action movie will be scary. But we're basing everything off of Combat Heroes.

SNAKE EYES
02-11-2009, 03:38 PM
I also wonder if movie Destro's mask will look like this or if it's just laziness on Hasbro's part since they already had Duke and Destro head sculpts.
I meant they already had Duke and Destro CAD head sculpts; I realize the heads aren't molded separately from the figures...

Is Duke a repaint? That's kind of sh/tty.

Nope looks like an all new sculpt from the head down to the toes.

http://www.hisstank.com/gi-joe-news/attachment.php?do=fullview&attachmentid=1919
http://i272.photobucket.com/albums/jj181/marccallison/CH_Duke_CC_front.jpg
http://www.hisstank.com/gi-joe-news/attachment.php?do=fullview&attachmentid=2639
http://generalsjoes.com/wp-content/uploads/2009/02/combathero_ripcord_front.jpg

delta
02-11-2009, 04:03 PM
Man, I'm gonna go dig out my parachute pants from the '80's and start wearing them again!

What? It worked then! Why change it?Come on man....parachute pants never worked. :D

Lowe
02-11-2009, 04:40 PM
Cobra Commander isn't even in the movie. This is a filler figure. Ditto with Destro. He looks more like movie Dr. Doom than classic Destro in the film.

TheLongestDay
02-11-2009, 04:47 PM
Cobra Commander isn't even in the movie. This is a filler figure. Ditto with Destro. He looks more like movie Dr. Doom than classic Destro in the film.

how dyou know? pics! pics!...............pics??

seriously how (please pm me!)

hard master
02-11-2009, 04:56 PM
OK , First of all everybody on here said this movie was going to be a disaster for months and months. Then when we all saw the Superbowl trailer everybody changes their minds and says this thing is going to rock ! Now we are back to hating the movie just because C.C. doesn't look like a cartoon character that we grew up with.....I have been waiting for a G.I. Joe movie since I was 7 years old (32 now)! I feel very happy and excited that this movie is coming out because it features characters that I grew up with. So just everybody calm down and save judgment after we have all seen this movie. If it is great then I will leave the theater doing FUCKING cart wheels !!!! If it sucks ? Then I will be disappointed , but happy that after all these years somebody finally made a live action G.I. Joe movie :)

RATFINK
02-11-2009, 05:03 PM
HAHAHAHAHA man o man is it going to tank under the shit pressure of this shitnami title wave of this movie

cobra commander FAIL
live action gi joe movie FAIL
fans happiness FAIL!

DetectiveFork
02-11-2009, 05:07 PM
Yes, of an obviously far inferior era. Just because Hollywood does it doesn't make it right. Some of you guys are apologists and will stand up for anything done in the movie.

Freedom
02-11-2009, 05:11 PM
Come on man....parachute pants never worked. :D
Sure they did! If you unzipped all the zippers you could jump off your garage and land safely!

The Commander
02-11-2009, 05:29 PM
Cobra Commander isn't even in the movie. This is a filler figure.

Wow, what an ignorant statement. I'm assuming you haven't been reading much online, have you?

arashikage storm
02-11-2009, 05:55 PM
SAy what you all want, but i was the one that bought the Duke/CC and the SE/NeoViper packs. I cant wait to get them! I have all the combat heroes in my cubicle at work, and I have had at least 10 different people say, wow, those are cool! Did you watch the superbowl...I think the movie will do well, as there will be alot of childhood nastalgia from TF 2 the month before(even though i think this would have made a MUCH better X-mas movie, as I ALWAYs got Joe stuff for X-mas. It would have made more sense.........

Gentleman
02-11-2009, 06:10 PM
It just boggles the mind.

Conceptually speaking, hooded CC is, IMO, 100 times more sinister than this. And it's just a freakin' hood. That's the irony. So much complexity and detailing in this new CC... for what? Get a clue. Reminds me a lot of what happened with the Green Goblin costume in Spiderman 1.

All that "he looked too much like a KKK" crap is SO stupid I wouldn't know where to start.

Screw you, Lorenzo. This shit doesn't compute.

ssmith18
02-11-2009, 06:43 PM
Know what it looks like to me? Looks like CC's character gets badly burned and has to wear that mask to keep himself alive and to hide his disfigured face. Kinda sounds like something familiar from the comics (if I am remembering them correctly).

That said, the mask looks like it could easily have a hood fit over it to hide the life support apparatus. Hopefully, this happens at the end of the movie or for the second film...whenever cobra "rises" and destro subsides as the primary villian in the film's/films' storyline.

snakeeyes22
02-11-2009, 06:56 PM
Look closely at the toy. It looks to me that the mask is a transparent plastic shell, and the artwork suggests a skull nose, so I'm thinking a barely visible, horribly disfigured face beneath a life support mask, that the "doctor" trades his breathing apparatus for. the tubes even suggest a cobra hood...kinda? Don't know if it will look cool, probably would be a great design for a supporting character rather than the looks we'd prefer. Gotta say, this is a hell of a lot creepier to me and any child than his "Klan" mask. A noseless death face would explain his raspy speech impetiment if they give him that. Better voice rationalization than being a snake guy anyway. And he was a scientist in cobra la so maybe that's where this doctor idea came from?

SVT_COBRA
02-11-2009, 07:34 PM
Everybody here looks good with the exception of CC. If he puts the hood or chrome on in Part2 then it's forgivable. Still, the blatant lack of respect towards the same people who put the money in Hasbro's bank 25 years ago and made this movie possible in order rework it for another generation is pretty despicable. And what happens in 25 years to your kids when Hasbro screws up THIS generation......they will be on HissTank2034 making 10,000 topics about SnakeEye's knee pads being green instead of black...

squidboy
02-11-2009, 08:01 PM
Holy crap CC looks silly. Silly might not be the word. He looks horrible. Okay. So the mask is crap, but the eye holes. What the hell. Those eyes holes killed it for me. Does he suffer from a lazy eye? What the hell.

The whole time I was waiting to see if CC would blow people away. Guess not.

The lead designer/ director should be never allowed to work in hollywood again. Hasbro has let the movie go to shame. So the kids might dig it, but screw the fans and collectors who keep the line alive. Without us Hasbro, you wouldn't have a movie

Great.... So the director pushed for this, because he thought that the mask looked too kkk, wtf. Hasbro likes the hooded mask enough to push repaint after repaint. ... This is a joke, almost as bad as the 80s Heman movie.

Errr. I need to smoke.

~Synder Corps.~
02-11-2009, 08:23 PM
hey hey! G.I. JOE...The rise of FAILURE!!!

Drill
02-11-2009, 09:01 PM
Actually this DOES look like something that came out of the comics: The Tripwire vs Cobra Commander comic.

SNAKE EYES
02-11-2009, 09:19 PM
Know what it looks like to me? Looks like CC's character gets badly burned and has to wear that mask to keep himself alive and to hide his disfigured face. Kinda sounds like something familiar from the comics (if I am remembering them correctly).

That said, the mask looks like it could easily have a hood fit over it to hide the life support apparatus. Hopefully, this happens at the end of the movie or for the second film...whenever cobra "rises" and destro subsides as the primary villian in the film's/films' storyline.

That would be a very cool way to do it. I really think your idea makes a lot of sense and hopefully we will see something similar on screen.

Gothiczartan
02-11-2009, 09:49 PM
http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v312/Gothiczartan/GIJoe%20Marvel%20to%20DD%20the%20Original%20Contin uity/Cobra%20Commander/GIJoe58_cover.jpg

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v312/Gothiczartan/GIJoe%20Marvel%20to%20DD%20the%20Original%20Contin uity/Cobra%20Commander/GIJoe149page23.jpg

Gamble
02-11-2009, 09:50 PM
http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v312/Gothiczartan/GIJoe%20Marvel%20to%20DD%20the%20Original%20Contin uity/Cobra%20Commander/GIJoe58_cover.jpg

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v312/Gothiczartan/GIJoe%20Marvel%20to%20DD%20the%20Original%20Contin uity/Cobra%20Commander/GIJoe149page23.jpg

58 is a rather good issue. I like you're style, let's be pals. Sending request........

esg2145
02-11-2009, 10:32 PM
I think this new incarnation of Cobra Commander will ROCK! With the jacket and chest plate, he looks more like a snake. He actually has breathing tubes in his mask, so he doesn't suffocate being in a closed mask all day! BRILLIANT!

"I wassssssssss onccccccccccce a maaaaaaaaaaan"

Where have we heard this before? :(

To quote Han Solo "I have a bad feeling about this" :(

cocoabononohead
02-11-2009, 10:48 PM
That is hands down the sorriest Cobra Commander I've ever seen!
It looks like a repainted bastardized eel or Undertow figure, but not a good one! If the show fits, why try to fix it?
The original Cobra Commander has worked for years!
Can't we have The Enemy Leader in his original form with chrome dome hood, or cloth masque.
I'm turning my hopes towards the Resolute film instead of this hollywood globalized franchise hoopla!!!!!!!!

Fierce Krypton
02-11-2009, 10:54 PM

Who do you think gave him that option?

Gamble
02-11-2009, 10:56 PM
Who do you think gave him that option?

Our lord and savior, haha.

cmderinchief
02-11-2009, 11:32 PM
SAy what you all want, but i was the one that bought the Duke/CC and the SE/NeoViper packs. I cant wait to get them! I have all the combat heroes in my cubicle at work, and I have had at least 10 different people say, wow, those are cool! Did you watch the superbowl...I think the movie will do well, as there will be alot of childhood nastalgia from TF 2 the month before(even though i think this would have made a MUCH better X-mas movie, as I ALWAYs got Joe stuff for X-mas. It would have made more sense.........

Ah, that was you Harry? Good to know who beat me on the first two. ;-)

I like these lit'l dudes. I know they are not everyone's cup of tea but me and the kiddo have fun playin' with them.

1SGHauser
02-12-2009, 12:25 AM
*sigh*

I'll still wait to pass judgment until after I've spent my $10, but I don't care for the look of this movie. Snake Eyes is cool, but how do you mess that up? The rest are seriously lacking, but as I said... It may work once I've seen it all put together. GI Joe has always worked due to it's hodge-podge nature, but in reality, a uniform is the hallmark of any military unit.

SnAkEyEz
02-12-2009, 01:58 AM
CC mask is different.......I'll say that much. Not sure how I feel about it at this point.I think these figures will be more appealing to me once I have seen the movie. Even though I am already extremely familiar with all of these characters from ARAH,seeing the movie will help to give a personality to these guys. For me the movie and ARAH will be two seperate entities all together.I won't have a problem seperating the two.

that CC is horrible.. Why didnt they use the chrome dome??!! just make it modern & tweek it out or something.. wtf is that goofy looking mask.. they just come up with anything & say there you go.. Cobra Commander.. um.. no.. HASBRO/HOLLYWOOD U SUCK!!!!!

& I was once optimistic about the movie.. Ripcord being black.. ok... Heavy Duty, no Roadblock.. ok... but this!!! they meesed up on CC so bad.. I cant overlook this.. OMG that sucks!!.. Ive waited 25 years for an effing Joe movie.. & THATS the CC I get... Eff That!

SnAkEyEz
02-12-2009, 02:09 AM

thats not the point.. the point is.. thats NOT Cobra Commander.. u cant just go in & change a classic iconic character .. dont work like that..

SnAkEyEz
02-12-2009, 02:16 AM
Wait....

wtf is a nea-viper??.. Ive been a fan of Joe since I was 7 years old.. I dont even know what that is.. why didnt they just make plain old "VIPERS".. with the chrome masks n all... whats with these new lamer designs... ??

Zoltron
02-12-2009, 05:14 AM
Regardless of how CC or anyone else for that matter looks *now* that has NOTHING to do with how the look of the characters *might* evolve into more recognizable forms in the future. Nothing is set in stone and as things move along via sequel and so forth expect to see changes.

Is CC's chrome plated mask or hood supposed to be just hanging out in the back of Destro's shed next to the leaf blower, as he just hands it over to "The Doctor" and says, hey man wear this. You have to take into account that very little in the way of actual Cobra is established as we know it in this movie, as this movie LEADS up to that. This is the foundation and very basic.

Who knows how much CC is even in this movie, I would think not that much. I'd bet my Refrigerator Perry's Football on a Stick that what he'll eventually look like as well as what he's all about will be nothing more then a cliffhanger as Rise of Cobra ends .

Ever wonder whats under CC's mask? Another mask with life support systems according to the movie. Therefore, I think if this movie has a sequel we might see a mask we are more familiar with.

samantha
02-12-2009, 06:39 AM
I like the cuteness of the little guys, but I am also torn on where to spend my money. My budget doesn't include taking on a new toy line

morebread
02-12-2009, 06:40 AM
the doctor

TheLongestDay
02-12-2009, 07:42 AM
I really hope we get to see him in a new uniform at the end when he becomes Cobra Commander....

******************SPOILERS*******************

Cuz in the script the Doctor simply looks at Destro once the Nanites have given him his metallic face and announces that he wants to be called "Commander" from now on,and he will be on a first name basis with "Destro".

So I was kinda hoping we would see a shot like the end of Attack of the Clones with CC and Destro in thier Cobra outfits looking out over the newly established COBRA army

Freedom
02-12-2009, 08:05 AM
ever wonder whats under cc's mask? Another mask with life support systems according to the movie. Therefore, i think if this movie has a sequel we might see a mask we are more familiar with.
bingo!

Gothiczartan
02-12-2009, 12:42 PM
http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v312/Gothiczartan/GIJoe%20Sunbow%20and%20DIC/CobraCommander-Rebirth1-1.jpg

TheLongestDay
02-12-2009, 12:56 PM
http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v312/Gothiczartan/GIJoe%20Sunbow%20and%20DIC/CobraCommander-Rebirth1-1.jpg

lol!

Wheres the pic of Serpentor getting mutated?

Gothiczartan
02-12-2009, 01:07 PM
lol!

Wheres the pic of Serpentor getting mutated?

that pic is from the DIC gijoe mini series operation dragonfire and this is not serpentor, it's cobra commander after he was turned into a snake in gijoe the movie (1987).

The Conflict
02-12-2009, 01:32 PM
what company makes these combat heroes and what other franchises have they done besides star wars and mavel?

Irid70
02-12-2009, 01:36 PM

Someone needs a theology refresher. Immaculate Conception has nothing to do with having or 'not having' a daddy. Not the same as "virgin birth," at all.

TheLongestDay
02-12-2009, 01:57 PM
that pic is from the DIC gijoe mini series operation dragonfire and this is not serpentor, it's cobra commander after he was turned into a snake in gijoe the movie (1987).

yeh I know I was just hoping you had one of when they mutate Serpentor too :)

Sysiss
02-12-2009, 02:05 PM
Ever wonder whats under CC's mask? Another mask with life support systems according to the movie. Therefore, I think if this movie has a sequel we might see a mask we are more familiar with.

Exact ally, and this premise makes sense on at least two accounts.

#1, Like I said earlier in my post, the Beginning/Rise of CC has to start somewhere and it only makes sense to start from the beginning, no?

Look at it this way, this is a back story. The movies job in regards to CC is to show the *TRANSFORMATION* key word, from Rex into CC. That in itself is a process which takes TIME and in my estimation doesn't even actually transpire until late in the movie.

Towards the end and upon being disfigured/scarred CC now needs the assistance of a breathing apparatus etc.... FOR THE TIME BEING Destro hooks him up to a crude, but yet sufficient device that simply keeps him alive, but yet also shows the audience first hand the tragedy of what has transpired without being hidden behind a hood/faceplate. This also leaves room for the movie to evolve into a sequel as the audience wants to see more, but as of now, does not.

Also.......

In Spiderman #1 did Peter Parker's flashy new costume just happen to be hanging out in his closet next to a pair of Wranglers or did it have to be constructed? I believe he initially wore uninteresting pajamas/sweats.

In Ironman, did Tony Stark stroll on down to Walmart to pick up the Mark II or did he spend countless hours, money, and research testing and perfecting it.

I could easily see in TIME, a slick high tech chrome-like faceplate with a specialized viewing lens and breathing apparatus built into a faceplate/helmet of sorts like we know implemented into the story at some point. Point being, these things take TIME give it a chance. Optimism seems to lack on this board.

Point #2. From a business perspective the last thing the movie wants to do is to let the cat out of the bag right off the bat by throwing everything at the audience at once. Now I'm not saying that this is going to happen, but wouldn't it make sense to maybe hint at the faceplate/hood at the VERY end of "Rise of Cobra" for the reasons listed, rather then have CC wear it in the very FIRST movie?

You guys may not like it that way, but I'll tell you what, that's how I'd do it. Show the audience just a bit...but not too much which leaves them coming back for more.

It's apparent that many of you are disgruntled about a bunch of stuff and rightly so, but the issue regarding the mask at THIS particular point and time is VERY premature. Give the movie time, give the sequel time, let it evolve. You may end up being more pleasantly surprised then you initially thought when it's all said and done.

Just because you haven't seen it yet, by all means DOES NOT mean that you never will.

Sigma6_fan85
02-12-2009, 03:49 PM
that CC is horrible.. Why didnt they use the chrome dome??!! just make it modern & tweek it out or something.. wtf is that goofy looking mask.. they just come up with anything & say there you go.. Cobra Commander.. um.. no.. HASBRO/HOLLYWOOD U SUCK!!!!!

& I was once optimistic about the movie.. Ripcord being black.. ok... Heavy Duty, no Roadblock.. ok... but this!!! they meesed up on CC so bad.. I cant overlook this.. OMG that sucks!!.. Ive waited 25 years for an effing Joe movie.. & THATS the CC I get... Eff That!

>w> *does a muttly snicker*

megatronkicksas
02-12-2009, 04:41 PM
What the fuck is that?

SNAKE EYES
02-12-2009, 04:42 PM
what company makes these combat heroes and what other franchises have they done besides star wars and mavel?

Hasbro :)

Transformers
G.I. Joe
Star Wars
Marvel
Indiana Jones

I might have missed some, but I think that is all.

darthdoug
02-12-2009, 05:48 PM
Cobra Commander looks like CRAP!

Destro - what's the deal with his eyes? Is that the way the Destro mask in ROC will look?

dragon
02-12-2009, 05:54 PM
now now everyone lets not jump to conclusions just yet everyone knows who shops for these figures that robot heroes,/ mighty heroes & many more look like crap the movie cobra commander mask may look better than this one shown here.

look how cobr commander mask is shown in simga 6 i thought that was pretty well done for his character the oficial version in th film just might look better than the toy version.

ive seen these types of figures in stores they look nothing like they should big heads small bodys not enough detail on the face/ bodys when compared to 6inch figures you buy in stores.

they made his mask to fit the film to be realistic allright agree with everyone i hate the mask on this cobra commander but im still schptical & maybe the movie version of his mask will look better than this one we have before us possibley.?

darthdoug
02-12-2009, 06:03 PM
If it is clear like we see here and has 4 holes in the mouth and that tubing going behind the head. I claim shanannagans!!!! That shat sucks!

G.I.Eddie
02-12-2009, 06:52 PM
Exact ally, and this premise makes sense on at least two accounts.

#1, Like I said earlier in my post, the Beginning/Rise of CC has to start somewhere and it only makes sense to start from the beginning, no?

Look at it this way, this is a back story. The movies job in regards to CC is to show the *TRANSFORMATION* key word, from Rex into CC. That in itself is a process which takes TIME and in my estimation doesn't even actually transpire until late in the movie.

Towards the end and upon being disfigured/scarred CC now needs the assistance of a breathing apparatus etc.... FOR THE TIME BEING Destro hooks him up to a crude, but yet sufficient device that simply keeps him alive, but yet also shows the audience first hand the tragedy of what has transpired without being hidden behind a hood/faceplate. This also leaves room for the movie to evolve into a sequel as the audience wants to see more, but as of now, does not.

Also.......

In Spiderman #1 did Peter Parker's flashy new costume just happen to be hanging out in his closet next to a pair of Wranglers or did it have to be constructed? I believe he initially wore uninteresting pajamas/sweats.

In Ironman, did Tony Stark stroll on down to Walmart to pick up the Mark II or did he spend countless hours, money, and research testing and perfecting it.

I could easily see in TIME, a slick high tech chrome-like faceplate with a specialized viewing lens and breathing apparatus built into a faceplate/helmet of sorts like we know implemented into the story at some point. Point being, these things take TIME give it a chance. Optimism seems to lack on this board.

Point #2. From a business perspective the last thing the movie wants to do is to let the cat out of the bag right off the bat by throwing everything at the audience at once. Now I'm not saying that this is going to happen, but wouldn't it make sense to maybe hint at the faceplate/hood at the VERY end of "Rise of Cobra" for the reasons listed, rather then have CC wear it in the very FIRST movie?

You guys may not like it that way, but I'll tell you what, that's how I'd do it. Show the audience just a bit...but not too much which leaves them coming back for more.

It's apparent that many of you are disgruntled about a bunch of stuff and rightly so, but the issue regarding the mask at THIS particular point and time is VERY premature. Give the movie time, give the sequel time, let it evolve. You may end up being more pleasantly surprised then you initially thought when it's all said and done.

Just because you haven't seen it yet, by all means DOES NOT mean that you never will.

i agree, and have thought the same thing myself...i mean, this is an origin story...i really really think, that based on the written end of RoC, #2 will make many of us old school Joe fans happy...hopefully Hasbro will hear our endless bitching and throw us a bone in #2...

Sigma6_fan85
02-12-2009, 07:29 PM
-w0 i wonder when the movie toys will be released.

doomed huh
02-13-2009, 01:04 AM
http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v337/Beyerstein/sjasonx.jpg

Sunbow_Joe84
02-13-2009, 09:28 AM
the more I look at it the more I like it. besides if he looked like his classic version we'd have yet another CC pegwarmer clogging up shelves. I would love a 3.75'' version of the sideshow CC. give him interchangable heads and we're in business.

politicoviper
02-13-2009, 11:01 PM
the more I look at it the more I like it. besides if he looked like his classic version we'd have yet another CC pegwarmer clogging up shelves. I would love a 3.75'' version of the sideshow CC. give him interchangable heads and we're in business.

I understand that they may have wanted to make cc look different for the movie, but they really make him look like crap here. It's like they went "lets make him look like a asthmatic, cancer patient dressed up in a pimp suit with random tubes coming out of this head."

politicoviper
02-13-2009, 11:05 PM
So Jason X is Cobra Commander?

At this point the movie would be better off if they just replaced cc with jason. Maybe put a cobra sigil on his hockey mask. :)

cocoabononohead
05-26-2009, 04:19 AM
Multiple SUCK.

Let's just go ahead and change/redesign and throw out 25+ years of the key figure in the Cobra universe and make him completely unrecognizable and stripped of his original design.
I'd rather down a diahreah milkshake courtesy of an Undertow trooper.