PDA

View Full Version : Custom Questions?

vtt1jam
01-18-2009, 09:29 AM
1. How do you get a cobra logo on a 25th figure to make a cobra invasor. (Hand paint, Decal, sticker, stamp) any ideas?

2. I know that this has been asked before but what types of paint do you use to customize figures in general. Tester model paint?

Joerhyno
01-18-2009, 10:54 AM
http://www.hisstank.com/forum/g-i-joe-customs/13917-paints-supplies-recommendations-what-materials-use-customs.html

look up there... 17 pages of goodness... ;)

Unclassified
01-18-2009, 12:37 PM
get model masters from testors, i never used tamiya, but the testors is awesome, GET FLAT, DO NOT GET GLOSS, if you go to testors.com, you can tell what colors are flat an gloss, they dont tell you. the white glare on the paint chip if its dull an low its flat, its its a bright white glare then its gloss. an for a cobra emblem, you will have to sacrifice one from a vehicle, or grab a set from cobra stickers hope this helps. testors.com i believe the site is. peace man good luck p.s. GET ACRYLIC, AN GOOD BRUSHES from craft shops, dont be cheap on the brushes an keep em clean, when paintin constanly dip your brush in water cus this shit dries fast like you wouldnt believe.

Skyhawk
01-18-2009, 12:40 PM
get model masters from testors, i never used tamiya, but the testors is awesome, GET FLAT, DO NOT GET GLOSS, if you go to testors.com, you can tell what colors are flat an gloss, they dont tell you. the white glare on the paint chip if its dull an low its flat, its its a bright white glare then its gloss. an for a cobra emblem, you will have to sacrifice one from a vehicle, or grab a set from cobra stickers hope this helps. testors.com i believe the site is. peace man good luck

If you got to a hobby shop that has the MM paint rack, they do have codes on them that tell you if the paint is gloss, simi, or flat....

Unclassified
01-18-2009, 12:56 PM
If you got to a hobby shop that has the MM paint rack, they do have codes on them that tell you if the paint is gloss, simi, or flat....

well my hobby shops carry enamel only, . an we dont have to many locally for some reason they are all miles away.

skatezaz
01-18-2009, 12:58 PM
im in the same boat, all the good hobby shops are nowhere near me. ive used old tamiya from when i used to do model cars on every custom ive made.

Unclassified
01-18-2009, 01:03 PM
im in the same boat, all the good hobby shops are nowhere near me. ive used old tamiya from when i used to do model cars on every custom ive made.

testors.com is the shit man, i seen their paints go for 2.somethi on other sites, but this it the main site so i trust it, an the paints are 3.29. an they got mad colors, an a awesome color chart. i got like 10 colors the other day all drabs olives tans an greens, an they ship fast as hell. check em out. i asked on the paint thread how to tell gloss from flat no one told me, so i was lookin at the charts one day an was like no shit the glares are different. an thats how i found out. go check em out skatezaz.

jlaing2607
01-18-2009, 01:09 PM
You could use Apple Barrel from Walmart, Folk Art from Hobby Lobby, or Citadel from War Games which you local comic shop should carry. Krylon Fusion from Walmart for vehicles.