PDA

View Full Version : This ever happen to you?

Lody
01-14-2009, 12:54 AM
There is a guy on here that has Bah Nah Gra Nah Weep Ninny Bong in his signature. If you are unfamiliar with it, this is a line from the 86 TF animated movie. Kup states that it is the universal greeting just before he and Hot Rod are attacked by the Sharkticon cousins (never released mind you)

But anywho. I remember my father brought me to see the movie at the time. We NEVER went to the movies when I was a kid. I remeber being upset about the death of Optimus Prime. I was given a DVD player in 1999 and the first movie I was given was the TF movie which had just came out on DVD.

I know I went to see it in the movie, but when I watched the DVD, I had NO idea what it was about or what happened. It was like I was seeing it for the first time. The ONLY thing I remembered was the death of OP.

This ever happen to you?

rob0213
01-14-2009, 12:56 AM
Hey, I'm "that guy". :)

I remember me and my bud watching it in the theater, crying when Prime died, lol.
Years later, when I watch it, there are a lot of things that I forgot about. I still like that movie.

Lody
01-14-2009, 12:59 AM
Yeah you're that guy. You're also THE guy who cried about Prime ;P

rob0213
01-14-2009, 01:02 AM
Yeah you're that guy. You're also THE guy who cried about Prime ;P

Yeah, boy was I a little sissy, lol.

I can only imagine what we looked like in that theater, lol. 2 little nerds crying about a dead robot, lol.

B.A.T.
01-14-2009, 01:04 AM
Usually if I see a movie just once I won't remember any of it. Then years later it's like watching for the 1st time. So yeah, that happens to me all the time.

But with Transformers, I saw it 4 times in the theater & know it word for word. It's pretty much my #1 favorite movie of all time.

rob0213
01-14-2009, 01:06 AM
I remember going home singing all kinds of Stan Bush, lol.

B.A.T.
01-14-2009, 01:09 AM
I remember going home singing all kinds of Stan Bush, lol.

That soundtrack got me into hard rock & heavy metal. Now I have so many friggin cds it's ridiculous.

rob0213
01-14-2009, 01:10 AM
Me too. Can't tell you how many TF battle I had listening to that thing on tape! I still have the tape. Years later I bought it on CD as well. The soundtrack is classic.

Shortfuse
01-14-2009, 01:11 AM
This never happened to my because I didn't get to see the movie till I was 18 and I ran across it randomly at the video store and rented it. My mom never wanted to take me to see it and I could never convince my friends and family to rent it when we'd all rent movies. I loved it though!

Foolproof
01-14-2009, 01:12 AM
I remember getting my own VCR for my room when I was like 12, and the only movie I had for awhile was Speed. I watched it a LOT, as it was the only one I could call mine. I watched it again recently, it was on HBO or something, and I didn't remember even half of it. It was almost like a new movie. Really weird, but I guess not unheard of.

Echo7Solo
01-14-2009, 01:13 AM
the FIRST time I got drunk I watched TF and when Prime died I was crying like a little girl with a skinned up knee. I was 21 at the time and I'm not a heavy drinker at all. I think I drink like twice a year at the most. I was with my girlfriend at the time in her dorm room and it was on tv. I was all happy until I saw that part. Man I looked like RDJ from Tropic Thunder slobber and everything

rob0213
01-14-2009, 01:15 AM
I know that I have seen Masters of the Universe, but couldn't tell you a thing about if my life depended on it.

Tall Creeper
01-14-2009, 01:19 AM
"You got the power" wow what a let down when they tried to pull that crap of killing OP!! They had to make sure to keep him in the toon so that us kids wouldn't freak out.
I think this is why they backed off killing Duke in the movie as they didn't want to have this backlash all over again!!

Lody
01-14-2009, 01:20 AM
2 little nerds crying about a dead robot, lol.

Correction-a dead ANIMATED robot

Foolproof
01-14-2009, 01:22 AM
the FIRST time I got drunk I watched TF and when Prime died I was crying like a little girl with a skinned up knee. I was 21 at the time and I'm not a heavy drinker at all. I think I drink like twice a year at the most. I was with my girlfriend at the time in her dorm room and it was on tv. I was all happy until I saw that part. Man I looked like RDJ from Tropic Thunder slobber and everything

Hilarious!

Derek2783
01-14-2009, 01:23 AM
Dude, I can't remember the plot to most movies I've seen, or even most books I've read. It's terrible.

Echo7Solo
01-14-2009, 01:26 AM
Hilarious!

I still laugh about it today.

sharke
01-14-2009, 06:48 AM

I'm sure she was impressed

Darth Cantu
01-14-2009, 06:58 AM
I still watch the old TF the movie. I imported that bad boy on blu-ray and it looks awesome.

wildscorpio67
01-14-2009, 07:08 AM
I was the same way with both the '87 Joe movie and the '86 TF movie. The only things I remembered from the Joe movie were the CC/Roadblock scenes and Cobra-La. As for the TF movie, I just remembered that Prime died only to be replaced by Rodimus Prime and Megatron became Galvatron.

It was very fun to watch both of those movies after over 10 years and re-experience them. I was already hardcore into collecting Joes but watching the TF movie got me into collecting those figures too. My wallet has never forgiven me.

sharke
01-14-2009, 07:27 AM
onsssee wassssssssss a man......onssssse.....wassssssss......aa.......man ......