PDA

View Full Version : Serpentor!!!!!

SnAkEyEz
01-02-2009, 02:55 AM
I seen a bunch of people talking negative about my boy Serpentor.. why is that??.. How could someone not think he was bad ass??.. he was one of the coolest characters I ever seen as a kid.. I mean think about it.. I grew up watching Woody Woodpecker.. The Flintstones.. Tom & Jerry.. & then comes along this show GI Joe.. I was in like total awe.. I loved the 1st couple of seasons & then when ASA came out.. I was damn that is so bad ass.. They made this guy from the DNA of past conquerors & tyrants to make a super leader.. how cool is that.. never have I seen anything like that before on a after school cartoon!! I loved the scene when he was 1st created & Cobra Commander tries to weasle his way into power.. he said something like.. "we all know I will be making the real decisions in Cobra, while you will be the symbolic figure of Cobra's power".. then Serpentor backhands him across the room & says something like.. "I am not symbolic!!.. I am your Emperor!!.. u little worm!!".. lol ahh that was great.. I was lovin that as a kid.. ASA was probably the best mini series they did.. it changed alot of things .. Godd stuff.. I cant wait to get that on DVD..

cliff secord
01-02-2009, 03:27 AM
I like'em...just not the fig I have of him, which is the 1st release, can't find the DVD Pack with his hood and everything.

DarkArtist
01-02-2009, 01:05 PM
Serpentor was a cool character and has an interesting story of how he comes to be yet i think that the cartoon never really gave us a true Serpentor. i feel that the character needed to be more darker and evil.

i loved the episode called my Favorite Things where they show him sorta of recharging his DNA by collecting artifacts from the tyrants that he was made from. you see his face changing as he nears the object. i think that might be the first time you saw the somewhat true evil of serpentor especially when he almost kills Leatherneck.

in the movie he is coldblooded when he stabs Duke in the chest with the cobra staff but afterwards he is kinda a coward when Slaughter comes after him.

still a cool character all the same

JDickson
01-02-2009, 01:43 PM
As a kid I thought the idea of making a cloone out of some DNA was just way out there. 25 years later after Dolly the sheep and genome mapping it seems like fun sci fi.

I was more of comic fan, and liked his portrayal there.
The Cobra Civil still stands as one of my favortie story lines.

fred v
01-02-2009, 01:58 PM
~~i always loved serpentor~~

MLos1
01-02-2009, 02:01 PM
i like him ..."this i command."

Gung.Heaux
01-02-2009, 02:07 PM
hated him as a kid...between that helmet and that hood behind his head.......refused to own him.
thats probably why im one of the few that likes the first carded version.
smaller helmet and no hood.
(though i do like the dvd pack helmet more than the carded!)
im still not ready to declare myself a serpentor fan, but i am a fan of joe and find myself perpetrating what i call the "big grab". getting everything i can now, before its all gone for another 25!

Troynos
01-02-2009, 02:12 PM
I hated the character as a kid and I loathe the character now. Hated both the cartoon and the comic version. Hated the concept as I didn't think it fit with the Joe-verse. Hate, hate, hate.

Stupid looking character. Stupid air chariot. I didn't own him as a kid, never wanted him, and I wouldn't now except I love the Armadillo and wanted that badly.

angrypandaink
01-02-2009, 02:21 PM
Maybe if the figure wasn't so bad.....

G.I.Eddie
01-02-2009, 02:52 PM
i like the character and his story...had the cartoon not been for kids the backstory could have been darker and cooler...

the realeases from Hasbro however have been dissappointing...

Skyhawk
01-02-2009, 03:16 PM
I hated the character as a kid and I loathe the character now. Hated both the cartoon and the comic version. Hated the concept as I didn't think it fit with the Joe-verse. Hate, hate, hate.

Stupid looking character. Stupid air chariot. I didn't own him as a kid, never wanted him, and I wouldn't now except I love the Armadillo and wanted that badly.

I second what he said!

skatezaz
01-02-2009, 03:24 PM
yeah i hate serpentor too! anybody wanna trade my aSa one for something cooler!?!?!

gi49er
01-02-2009, 03:31 PM
Okay, time to bag on Serpentor, or rather the misuse of a cool concept...

1) marvel Serpentor is Zartan's bI@#h! Which makes Zartan more of a hard ass then Serpy, all with a single arrow!
2) DD Serpentor is the COMMANDER'S bi@#h! In the end, a used car salesman/motivational speaker (chris foley) took out a myriad of histories most ruthless leaders..so should we make CC #1 since he outwitted big bad old Serpentor?
3) Cartoon Serpentor...they missed one thing in the DNA soup..his backbone!
Someday I look forward to a more cunning, ruthless, dark Emperor! (ala Palpetine)
till then---Cobra Commander baby!!!!!!!!!

delta
01-02-2009, 03:43 PM
Serpentor looked and acted like a goober. He also symbolised the begining of the end. The line never fully recovered

mister-x
01-02-2009, 03:46 PM
THIS I COMMAND!!!!! is always fun to tell the wife and kids....

darthfoley
01-02-2009, 03:58 PM
THIS I COMMAND!!!!! is always fun to tell the wife and kids....

And probably with about the same results. :)

xFlintx
01-02-2009, 06:05 PM
While I liked the toy growing up, I didn't like him replacing Cobra Commander as leader. I used him more as a battle field general.

But the Mini series was great.

crock master
01-02-2009, 06:21 PM
the new figure sucks, this i command, but serpentor is a badass
YouTube - COBRALALALALALALA!!!! (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=MDabIEc6yh4)

Headman
01-02-2009, 06:34 PM
I loved Cartoon Serpentor. The relationship between him and Cobra Commander was always fun to watch.

crock master
01-02-2009, 07:27 PM
http://i30.photobucket.com/albums/c308/M_Alonzo65/serpentor.jpg

Zartanman
01-02-2009, 07:41 PM
I liked Serpentor in the comics.. in the cartoon he got on my nerves and I still thought CC was more badass in both cartoon and comic... but as a Kid I did LOVE The toy. Thought it was the most cool thing.

I hate the new Version all three attempts suck.. the DVD is better but it still sucks. I'm working on two Custom Serpentors as we speak.

Dust Viper
01-08-2009, 07:07 AM
The problems with Serpentor were:
His figure was too regal. Didn't look like someone who'd get in the thick of battle.

He didn't do anything in the comic, appeared in like, 11 issues or so. His big plan was selling Terrordromes or some such nonsense. Lame.

He didn't do anything in the toon, well, save Favorite Things and Sins Of Our Father, two stand out episodes. I did enjoy him drawing the beast away from Cobra Island to protect Cobra, something CC would never have done in his shoes. He was also more pro active in the Movie, I'll give him that.

The pros of Serpentor is:
A enemy who can can battle GIJoe himself. Supernatural strength, control over snakes, the live snake spears were cool.

Making Cobra Commander into a schemer trying to regain control of Cobra. CC is cool as an underdog.

His speech when he took over Washington DC was great stuff.

SnAkEyEz
01-09-2009, 02:13 AM
Making Cobra Commander into a schemer trying to regain control of Cobra. CC is cool as an underdog.

yup.. I liked that too.. Like in ninja holiday, CC tries to hire a hit man to kill Serpentor.. I mean really though, what other after school cartoon had stories like that.. lol.

Lantern_Lad
01-09-2009, 02:18 AM
Serpentor in the comic was great... in the toon he was cool... yet annoying with his "THIS I COMMAND!!!" schtick. The comic though, especially during his first 10 issues or so was actually a really, really good leader for Cobra. Inspiring in issue #50 when he was at the head of the battle leading the charge.

... makes me want to read it again!

I'm working on a custom right now that's looking pretty sweet... I'll share when he's done. If I do another Serpentor custom, it'll be that first appearance look from the comic. Saw one here yesterday that was inspiring!