PDA

View Full Version : My first vintage skystriker.Did I get a decent deal?

wardamnpjm
12-29-2008, 07:41 PM
I had a skystriker as a kid,but alas my father goodwilled all my joes when I was older without consulting me first. I just bought a vintage skystriker off e-bay that is 100% complete with Ace,both parachutes,box and all missiles for $170.00. I know these are not cheap and $170.00 is alot but this plane has no yellowing and still shines like new(which I have found is hard to find these days on an all white vehicle this old).Anyway how bad did I overpay?Here is the auction link:
gi.joe skystriker 1983 combat jet xp-14 with box mint - eBay (item 390019096033 end time Dec-29-08 15:35:54 PST) (http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&item=390019096033)

pig iron grenadier
12-29-2008, 07:59 PM
Well, Hasbro will never release it again. I paid 70 for one without chutes and no box a year ago ....very white. I dunno, you got all the extras.

A Tomahawk goes up everyday because Hasbro will not re-release it.

If you paid too much it was only because it was Christmas time. 100+ is not uncommon at all....for just the vehicle in nice condition.

wardamnpjm
12-29-2008, 08:03 PM
Well, Hasbro will never release it again. I paid 70 for one without chutes and no box a year ago ....very white. I dunno, you got all the extras.

A Tomahawk goes up everyday because Hasbro will not re-release it.

If you paid too much it was only because it was Christmas time. 100+ is not uncommon at all....for just the vehicle in nice condition.

Yeah I am a little worried that I way overpaid,but the plane looked pratically brand new with all the accessories and no play wear or yellowing so I jumped on it.The shipping is where I feel like I got a little shafted.$140.00 for the plane + box is still alittle high though I think.Hopefully I won't feel like a jackass in the morning.Thanks for the response.

Flame Viper
12-29-2008, 08:12 PM
I think you did pretty good on the price. Considering it is in very good shape. However you got raped on the shipping.

Remember though, price is not really relevant anyway. If it makes you happy that is all that really matters.

alexan2dros
12-29-2008, 08:15 PM
i bought mine for 25 dollars.! and is in really good condition the door is falling.i also bought one rattler for 30 dollars it has broken front wheel also in good condition.. and i aslo pay 50 dollars for shipping 95 dollars total.!!about yours its a little bit much but the plane is like new and u have the box.!!!its nice..

JohnnyAngel77
12-29-2008, 08:16 PM
If you wanted it and it was in good shape, I think it was well worth it. People tend to bend you over on shipping. Somebody was selling one of those little camp set missile launcher boxes or something like that and they are in rather small packages and they were charging $20 for shipping. Kinda lame.

But, good buy for you, glad you got it.

wardamnpjm
12-29-2008, 08:17 PM
I think you did pretty good on the price. Considering it is in very good shape. However you got raped on the shipping.

Remember though, price is not really relevant anyway. If it makes you happy that is all that really matters.

VERY TRUE!!!! The skystriker was always my favorite as a kid and it definately makes me happy to know I am going to have it in my hands again.However it will royaly piss me off if I ever see one on evil-bay in as good of condition and complete for alot less lol.Thats when I will kick myself in the arse.Oh well not much since in worrying to much now as I have bought and paid for it already.Just wanted some feedback(honest feedback)to know if I got it stuck to me just a little or if I just gotted robbed blind lol.Thanks for the response.
War

Skyhawk
12-29-2008, 08:17 PM
I dunno, but if you wanted one that was almost new, I know a guy that charges $125 for one thats restored, no box.... So thats not bad, I would think..

Traded my boxed Flak Canon and a couple figures for mine a couple months ago... But it needs seats, engine cones and has no bombs....

jlaing2607
12-29-2008, 08:21 PM
That's what kills me about the bay is the sellers charging excessive shipping.

alexan2dros
12-29-2008, 08:21 PM
hey man i think u gonna wait long for this skystriker i had bougth from this seller once and she late to ship it to me..it took like a month..

wardamnpjm
12-29-2008, 08:25 PM
hey man i think u gonna wait long for this skystriker i have bougth for this seller once and she late to ship it to me..it took like a month..

I hope not.I checked his feedback and it was excellent so I would hope he/she gets it to me fairly quickly although a week or so is the norm for most e bay sellers,esp during the holidays.Thanks for the heads up though.

Agent-GHQ
12-29-2008, 08:29 PM
It lookg good. But I wouldn't pay anymore than $40 bucks for it.

angrypandaink
12-29-2008, 08:33 PM
It is said that the best trade is when both parties feel like they made out the victor. If you are happy that you bought it then don't look back! I think you did good.

wardamnpjm
12-29-2008, 08:34 PM
It lookg good. But I wouldn't pay anymore than $40 bucks for it.

LOL!! If I ever see askystriker in this kind of shape 100% complete with box for $40 and I quit posting,then the rest of you tankers might want to check the Sun Herald(local Gulfport paper)for suicides lol.

wardamnpjm
12-29-2008, 08:35 PM
It is said that the best trade is when both parties feel like they made out the victor. If you are happy that you bought it then don't look back! I think you did good.

Many thanks API.Yeah I am starting to feel a little better about it now.I will most likely be brought down from my cloud though when the wife finds out about it lol.Thanks man!
War

jezones
12-29-2008, 08:46 PM
you will enjoy it. and it is worth what ever u wanted to pay. i got mine a while back, it was complete but very very dirty and the decals were bad, i think i paid about 40 for it. with a little elbow grease and some new decals. it is now the pride of my collection. it sits in the middle of every toy i own. when friends see my collection its the first item they notice.

angrypandaink
12-29-2008, 08:47 PM
You are going to have to kill her!

Dr. Whom
12-29-2008, 08:51 PM
It's only money... you'll make more

Agent-GHQ
12-29-2008, 08:53 PM
the wife finds out about it lol.Now that you mentioned the wife thing, I'd be more careful when buying toys over "I love you" cards from Wallgreen.

Agent-GHQ
12-29-2008, 08:55 PM
You are going to have to kill her!He already has once she finds out about this transaction!?

Shogi
12-29-2008, 08:59 PM
I paid $60 for a complete Skystriker with no box though. But this was also back in 2003 or so. I'm sure the price has risen since then. I also didn't buy it from ebay, it was bought from a store in Kansas City that sold 80's toys, movies, records and video games

wardamnpjm
12-29-2008, 08:59 PM
He already has once she finds out about this transaction!?

How to dispose of the body?HMMMMM.Yeah she will be pissed,but she'll get over it.I HOPE!

joss789
12-29-2008, 09:00 PM
I bought a near mint Skystriker last year for almost 100$
I tought i pay too much but with new repro decals, this plane is awesome. My skystriker look like a new one.
I'm sure you will love it. This is the best plane Hasbro ever make.

Agent-GHQ
12-29-2008, 09:03 PM
How to dispose of the body?HMMMMM.Yeah she will be pissed,but she'll get over it.I HOPE!And I wouldn't expect any BJ from her any time soon until she gets over it!

MLos1
12-29-2008, 09:03 PM
I think you did pretty good.

wardamnpjm
12-29-2008, 11:33 PM
And I wouldn't expect any BJ from her any time soon until she gets over it!

LOL that has been over for awhile now:) That big smile she had the second I said "I do" on our wedding day,that was the I don't ever have to suck that thing again smile lol. BTW she was actually pretty cool about it.I am just on toy restriction(credit card wise)untill I pay the balance for this purchase,witch is cool cause I can pay it off within the week.Rockin I own a mint skystriker!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

angrypandaink
12-29-2008, 11:36 PM
You could hide her body inside the flagg ( get some large plastic bags) if she is petite!!!LOL

Shin-Gouki
12-29-2008, 11:43 PM
That's what kills me about the bay is the sellers charging excessive shipping.

Ebay causes it. If they weren't outright raping people with their excessive fees then less people would try to make up for it in excessive shipping charges.

wardamnpjm
12-29-2008, 11:45 PM
You could hide her body inside the flagg ( get some large plastic bags) if she is petite!!!LOL

I don't have a FLAGG. Looks like it's the hog pen for her.Did you know three grown hogs can devour a body(bones and all)in less than three hours? I saw that shit on deadwood bro it was sick........yet in sightfull.I need to get a FLAGG now.It obviously serves more than one purpose.

THALASTDRAGON
12-29-2008, 11:50 PM
if u really wanted it, then i say ur good. i like tha skystriker, its my fav jet from g.i. joe or cobra, i never had one. i wished they wouldve gave it tha 25th treatment over tha conquest, but what can u do. theres only one true method for determining if u overpaid, that is if tha item is widely available at a set price, which it is not, and u pay much more than that. so ur good, i wouldnt have paid that, but thats me. good find and hope u enjoy it.

CrimsonGuard101
12-30-2008, 12:11 AM
I just recently picked one up too in awsome condition and was compelete!