PDA

View Full Version : DOC (which do I open)

Novacaine
11-18-2008, 04:38 PM
So I finally got my new doc with the elbow articulation vs his wrist. My question now which DOC do I open? Which one is going to be the more valuable one in say another 25years....

nighthawk
11-18-2008, 04:43 PM
For me, I'd open the V2 Doc. It's more aesthetically pleasing to not have slit wrists.

brock Samson
11-18-2008, 04:47 PM
I second that, open the one that's more functional, who cares about suicide arms when you're stuck in a plastic shell.

camper
11-18-2008, 04:47 PM
For me, I'd open the V2 Doc. It's more aesthetically pleasing to not have slit wrists.

Agreed. I'd say that the v1 will be more valuable. But what do I care, I will open my v2 if it ever comes, as I never got a v1.

Unclassified
11-18-2008, 05:30 PM
open the second one, save the first run, matter fact save both closed, but you aint so open the new one man! first one will have the value, but there are so many an are all collected by adults, not much of these 25th are gonna be worth nuttin! there is tomany of us that have em closed, when we were kids we broke em lost an what have you. we value things as an adult, an there for there will be to many around in the future!

G.I.Eddie
11-18-2008, 05:37 PM
i think the first released one will eventually be more valuable...just like with all "varients" the first run that they change is always rare'r

bram1216
11-18-2008, 05:48 PM
I think the v2 will be the more valuable.The 2nd run was probably much smaller.There are a ton of v1 docs out.Enough so they could fill orders for 7-8 months.Then they ran another batch for those people in the last 2 months.

G.I.Eddie
11-18-2008, 05:49 PM
I think the v2 will be the more valuable.The 2nd run was probably much smaller.There are a ton of v1 docs out.Enough so they could fill orders for 7-8 months.Then they ran another batch for those people in the last 2 months.

good point...i wonder what the production runs are for each version

synthalus
11-18-2008, 07:04 PM
I'm sure the v2 is more valuable because a small 2nd run was made to fulfill the open orders.

That being said, I'll gladly open two my v2 Docs :D
One for the G.I.Joe line up shelf and one for Dio's/Vehicles.

No regrets, I dislike the slit wrist versions too much!
Up for trade: v1 Doc 1x loose & 1x mosc :)

arc30
11-18-2008, 07:06 PM
There will be more v2, so open that one. Plus it looks better.

crock master
11-18-2008, 07:13 PM
So I finally got my new doc with the elbow articulation vs his wrist. My question now which DOC do I open? Which one is going to be the more valuable one in say another 25years....
just look and see which package has the least wear or damage and open the other

bram1216
11-18-2008, 07:16 PM
There will be more v2, so open that one. Plus it looks better.

I really doubt there will be more v2.The people that ordered multiples(i think i saw one guy w/19) are the people that got there orders in first.the hardcore collector.They filled orders almost untill the close date.They had a "limited run"of the 2nd wave.I would think it would be maybe 1/4 or 1/3 ratio of v1 & v2.

I think we will get this doc on another card at some point sold at reail,and that could be a factor in price.

All that said open the one that you want on your shelf,or in your vamp.Have fun.The're toys!

Mandingo Rex
11-18-2008, 07:18 PM
just look and see which package has the least wear or damage and open the other

My V1 came mint. Even the outer shipping box had little wear.

I had my V2 check cashed about a week or 2 ago, so I have no idea when I get mine, but part of me hopes that it's beat to shit when I get it so I don't feel bad about tearing into it.

I feel like V2 will be worth more one day since it was produced at the end of the run (technically after it was over) and looks better as well.

If it arrives mint as well, I guess I'll have a little conundrum on my hands. But I'll be happy if it just arrives. How about that? :)

Dark 5cythe
11-18-2008, 07:19 PM
ive got the same situation. Also, one has a number 1 on the silver flair gun and one has the number 2. any idea on what that means?

crock master
11-18-2008, 07:21 PM
also at joecon they were selling them for 20 bucks at the hasbro booth. people were getting them 2 at a time(limit) but i saw tons of them going fast

UMAN
11-18-2008, 07:23 PM
I'd open the one with the new articulation. Looks better. Any who cares about how valuable they'll be in 25 years? You won't be able to buy a car or a house with the money from one anyway.

Flansered
11-19-2008, 12:28 PM
I got mine yesterday and the box looked like it had been sat on. So I guess I'll open mine.

spacemonkeymafia
11-19-2008, 12:35 PM
I'd open the one with the new articulation. Looks better. Any who cares about how valuable they'll be in 25 years? You won't be able to buy a car or a house with the money from one anyway.

Ok this is my new sig...you speak volumes of truth. Glad to know others enjoy the toys instead of hording them behind plastic prisons.......Although my Daughter will be born in march.......J/k..