PDA

View Full Version : HTS shipping?

Cobra
11-17-2008, 03:02 PM
Does anyone know what is going on with HTS shipping/tracking numbers. When I track the packages shipped on FedEx.com it has delivery dates for each number. Once the date gets here the package's location has not changed in a few days. Then about 4 or 5 days after the delivery date the USPS will deliver the package. It takes about 2 weeks for me to get the package once HTS says it is shipped.

Does HTS get FedEx to deliver the package to the local USPS? That is what it looks like to me. This just seems strange to me. Has anyone asked HTS about this?

ladyhump
11-17-2008, 03:07 PM
Yeah, FedEx hands it off to USPS

CobraCoffee
11-17-2008, 03:07 PM
Does anyone know what is going on with HTS shipping/tracking numbers. When I track the packages shipped on FedEx.com it has delivery dates for each number. Once the date gets here the package's location has not changed in a few days. Then about 4 or 5 days after the delivery date the USPS will deliver the package. It takes about 2 weeks for me to get the package once HTS says it is shipped.

Does HTS get FedEx to deliver the package to the local USPS? That is what it looks like to me. This just seems strange to me. Has anyone asked HTS about this?

If it says "shipped" on the HTS site, I usually see it within 7-10 days. They should ship it right to your door if you have a safe area for them to drop it off at. If you live in an APT or somthing, they may leave a note and it will be waiting at your local USPO.

botticus
11-17-2008, 03:14 PM
Use the same tracking number at USPS and you'll be able to continue tracking it once Fedex hands it off.

Fast_Draw
11-17-2008, 03:15 PM
when I used standard shipping, it was the same thing. They used SmartPost from FedEx. FedEx delivers it to your local post office and then the post office delivers it to you. I got my first order arrived in a week (shipped on the 6th, delivered on the 13th) and that was with Veterans Day mixed in.

I'm still waiting for my wave 11 figures to ship and they sent me a $5 coupon with the first order, which I used for a TF Universe G1 Starscream pre-order.

arashikage tat
11-17-2008, 03:18 PM
I just placed my first order with HTS last week and it still hasn't shipped yet. I ordered the POD set and wave 11 zartan. It says my expected ship date should be today for the POD set but 12/1 for Zartan, but bascially I'm assuming Zartan is going to hold up the show for me, because it's not like they're gonna ship them separate

Roadblock Recall
11-17-2008, 03:33 PM
I just placed my first order with HTS last week and it still hasn't shipped yet. I ordered the POD set and wave 11 zartan. It says my expected ship date should be today for the POD set but 12/1 for Zartan, but bascially I'm assuming Zartan is going to hold up the show for me, because it's not like they're gonna ship them separate
actually, they do ship seperately if one item becomes in-stock and the other isn't.

DrKain
11-17-2008, 03:37 PM
That's strange, as Fedex delivered my packages to me both times.

ZARTAN
11-17-2008, 03:39 PM
i pre-rodered zartan from hts on 10/16 and it still hadnt shipped buy last friday so i called and cancelled my order i then ordered zartan from smalljoes on friday and paid standard rate i just got him right now in the mail !!!! so maybe hts just sucks!

arashikage tat
11-17-2008, 04:42 PM
i pre-rodered zartan from hts on 10/16 and it still hadnt shipped buy last friday so i called and cancelled my order i then ordered zartan from smalljoes on friday and paid standard rate i just got him right now in the mail !!!! so maybe hts just sucks!

dammit I'm jealous

Cobra
11-17-2008, 04:46 PM
Use the same tracking number at USPS and you'll be able to continue tracking it once Fedex hands it off.

I have been doing that, but it always says, "The U.S. Postal Service was electronically notified by the shipper on 'date' to expect your package for mailing. This does not indicate receipt by the USPS or the actual mailing date.", until after the package is deliveried. If FedEx gives the local USPS the package on the date listed it should not take 4 days for me to get it.

This is just strange because before this started I got my packages 3 or 4 days after I got the shipping notice from HTS.

arashikage tat
11-17-2008, 05:02 PM

when you pre-ordered it did it give you an "expected ship date" since mine is 12/1 I'm wondering how accurate that is or if I could basically toss that date out the window?

Mandingo Rex
11-17-2008, 05:32 PM
God, you're right!

That's so stupid! I've always checked with FedEx and USPS when they send me the tracking number, and I've never gotten tracking info with FedEx. So I always check with USPS, and it eventually shows up.

Why the hell not just deliver it via FedEx?

That seems silly to me, or is that common?
Another reason I don't ship shit, I just receive it 99% of the time.

It says "delivery date" of 11-18 via FedEx, so does that mean that is the date it will arrive at the Post Office, then I have to wait further? I've always gotten my HTS shipments within 5-7 days, but it's been almost 2 weeks since I got the shipment notification.

Really really odd indeed.

Mandingo Rex
11-18-2008, 06:35 PM
So I just checked my FedEx tracking numbers...

FOUR different orders, all sent on different dates from Hasbro, are ALL arriving in Sacramento, CA today, which was the original "estimated delivery date" (11/18) and now FedEx says "estimated delivery date" to be 11/21. THREE MORE DAYS to go a little over 2 hours? What the hell?

USPS also just got shipping information on TWO of the FOUR shipments... Same message listed above ("The U.S. Postal Service was electronically notified..." etc).

So will it arrive on 11/21? Or is that when it gets to the USPS for the last leg of the relay race?

Sorry, this is just ridiculous. It's not a life or death situation, but it's about $100 worth of shit, and I don't like not knowing when it may or may not arrive at my doorstep. 3 days difference is not a good ballpark.

squidboy
11-18-2008, 08:58 PM
Doesn't anyone have patience anymore?

I love HTS for the most part (except the few times they shipped out pre-damaged product) and I've been waiting on my Wave 11 order to ship out on or about 11/24 for the last month since 10/18. No worries though. I only get concerned when then say it's shipped and it never arrives ( I give 1-2+ weeks after they say its shipped, then send an email asking what's up). Usually companies will work with you if that occurs.

As a person who personally deals with online sales and shipping everyday, in my experience people need more patience. I don't get the whole I need it right now to stick on my wall or in a box or display it now now now, persona... Patience is a virtue. In most cases the HTS tries their best to accommodate everyone the best they can. Stress kills people, and it honestly is silly to stress over little 4 inch figures.

Also for everyone in the dark, USPS works with both FedEx and UPS (mail innovations), in an attempt to fight off their loses with the economy. I was shocked to find this out as well, being a C.S./ Shipping Director, but its a smart business decision on their part. I wouldn't be surprised if a few mergers were to take place down the road. One good thing in the grand scheme of things, DHL was killed off domestically. I hated DHL and thank god that I never have to worry about their service (ie bringing me empty boxes) ever again.

Mandingo Rex
11-19-2008, 01:49 PM
I don't have patience anymore. Not when it comes to my hobby.

I wait all day long. Wait for the train, wait for the subway, wait in long ass lines for food at lunch in a busy downtown, wait for client feedback that's usually given at 5pm as THEY are going home, but leaves me working late.

Then I wait on the subway (for God knows how long, they're not on any schedule), then wait on the train to get home, and usually wait on morons for up to 20 minutes just to get out of the train station parking lot because they can't figure out how to get a line of vehicles into traffic in an orderly manner.

The last thing I want to do is wait 3-4 weeks on a TOY when it was stated that it would take 7-10 days. Business days? British summer business days?

I've been waiting on my Wave 11 to ship too, but I'm patient with that. It says 11/24, and I can understand a shipment date. With as much shit that gets ordered online these days, people have come to expect an ordered item to be delivered in less than 2 weeks from the stated ship date.

That's how e-commerce works in 2008. If not, you lose business.