PDA

View Full Version : Firefly G.I. Joe Retaliation Wave 2 listed on Ebay

Sciencefriction
05-14-2012, 06:04 AM
Check him out! Straight from Singapore with love! Firefly from wave 2!

G.I. Joe 2012 Retaliation Firefly wave 2 only one box in hand | eBay (http://www.ebay.com/itm/G-I-Joe-2012-Retaliation-Firefly-wave-2-only-one-box-in-hand-/251062123534?pt=US_Action_Figures&hash=item3a7477fc0e#ht_841wt_1396)

Unfortunately it looks like he's lost his scar and had a change of hair color. Overall I think he's a great looking figure and I can't wait to see him over here in the US.

fireflyguy
05-14-2012, 06:41 AM
Cool. Who am I kidding? I'll get this figure, but I'll wait till I see him on the shelves.

Crimson Rage
05-14-2012, 06:42 AM
I am unimpressed! He'll have to look way, WAY better in person for me to even consider getting him.

Sciencefriction
05-14-2012, 06:47 AM
To each their own, but I see a lot of potential in this figure. I love the new sculpting, every single piece is great imo. I'll be getting at least two, maybe more for customs. I know one of the first things I'll do is paint his face, make the scar more visible, and probably paint black over the yellow parts of the camo. I'm not sure what I'll do with the extra sleds, lol. The sled is kind of cool though, the light up feature looks neat.

DarkHorse
05-14-2012, 06:51 AM
Scratching my head over this one.

Sciencefriction
05-14-2012, 06:53 AM
Huh, guess I'm just mad for it. ;)

Crimson Rage
05-14-2012, 07:15 AM
Huh, guess I'm just mad for it. ;)

Oh I've gagged over images of figures before only to change my mind when I see them up close. But right now, the colours contrast too sharply and the body just seems to lack any detail.

Sciencefriction
05-14-2012, 07:23 AM
The colors are definitely not for everyone, but I think the sculpt has some nice details. Without a good wash they aren't coming out though. I can see him looking great with the right paint.

snakeeyes566
05-14-2012, 07:41 AM
Thanks for posting this! He looks great, I think he will look better with the masked head, though.

Laser Viper
05-14-2012, 07:53 AM
Still have to see it in person to make that buying decision.

cobracobra
05-14-2012, 07:58 AM
I am kinda put off by the lack of web gear. We were truly spoiled with ROC and POC and so on so this "basic figure" isn't appealing to my pleasure senses.
It just seems cheaper and more happy meal looking when its just a plain figure. I know it works for other brands like Star Wars and MU. But the GI JOE cross over stuff thats happening right now is putting me off allot more than I expected it to. Too much change!!

A.V.A.C.
05-14-2012, 08:06 AM
What's he riding there, a furniture dolly? How does that work?

Superjoe74
05-14-2012, 08:07 AM
I like the figure and many of the others as well. Wave 2 also has the green uniformed Roadblock with sleeves- looks the best RB of the line IMO.

ceraurus
05-14-2012, 08:11 AM
I think this looks alright, better than my initial impression.

I think it's a leg press machine. He's just getting a quick workout in before heading out to blow up stuff.

A.V.A.C.
05-14-2012, 08:24 AM
I think this looks alright, better than my initial impression.

I think it's a leg press machine. He's just getting a quick workout in before heading out to blow up stuff.

LOL, i guess that answers my question.

brock Samson
05-14-2012, 09:09 AM
Uh, wtf is that? Looks like the arms are translucent and light up. No weapon is visible except the street luge. I can't see enough detail to determine the articulation. Does the figure even come with a gun? So far looks like another pass.

Crimson Rage
05-14-2012, 09:16 AM
Still have to see it in person to make that buying decision.

Problem with us Brits is that we can't see before we buy!
I wonder if his "land luge" is the same style as the 2003 Battle Blitz version? I still have that vehicle and it would be nice to fit this version inside rather than the crappy one with the dummy on.

Sciencefriction
05-14-2012, 09:17 AM
He has standard Joe artic (going by both the on card picture and the NYTF pictures). If he lost anything it might be the wrists, but I'm guessing he has wrist artic because the clear plastic is a different color than the arms. He has a hand gun, you can see he has a holster on his right leg.

sbartek1974
05-14-2012, 09:18 AM
I'm actually liking all the new sculpt un-masked heads. These will look great when I start troop building the Retaliation Dukes and put all the extra heads on to make them look like individual troopers.

Galaxus
05-14-2012, 09:26 AM
If you look close enough you can see the scar is still there, just no red/pink paint in that area now, all in all I love the look of the figure and wish he were in wave 1.

Sciencefriction
05-14-2012, 09:28 AM
If you look close enough you can see the scar is still there, just no red/pink paint in that area now, all in all I love the look of the figure and wish he were in wave 1.

Yeah I noticed that after I said there wasn't one, lol. It's pretty much not there it's so tough to see, at least in that picture. I'll definitely be making it more noticeable on my figure.

07GT500 COBRA
05-14-2012, 09:30 AM
I'm underwhelmed by the colors and lack of web gear. Like someone above said POC and 30th spoiled us with that. The Retaliation figure look half naked now.

fireflyguy
05-14-2012, 09:33 AM
To each their own, but I see a lot of potential in this figure. I love the new sculpting, every single piece is great imo. I'll be getting at least two, maybe more for customs. I know one of the first things I'll do is paint his face, make the scar more visible, and probably paint black over the yellow parts of the camo. I'm not sure what I'll do with the extra sleds, lol. The sled is kind of cool though, the light up feature looks neat.

I'd definitely be interested in seeing what you do to it.

DarkHorse
05-14-2012, 09:34 AM
I just figured out that the orange thing he comes with is his Firefly cannister. Maybe this luge thing is what's left of the bike after it splits apart and blows up the Joe base?

My niggle with the figure is the skinniness. He looks almost fat in the movie.

Sciencefriction
05-14-2012, 09:43 AM
I'd definitely be interested in seeing what you do to it.

At this point I have a few ideas, I might just get as many as I can to play around with. I want to try to make a more screen accurate version, but that camo he has is pretty unique. Finding the right jacket will also be kind of tough. So I think I might just play around with some things until I get something I like. That's what I'm doing with Duke right now. One thing I'd like to try is to sculpt their hair to be more unique and accurate. Little touches to set them apart aside from just touching up their faces and giving them better limbs, lol. I just think as a sculpt he has a lot of potential. I think in general the Retaliation line so far has introduced some really great pieces for customizers. Aside from some lower legs that are lacking articulation, there are some really cool new sculpts. I'm going to have a lot of fun with this line, especially once it goes on sale.

I just figured out that the orange thing he comes with is his Firefly cannister. Maybe this luge thing is what's left of the bike after it splits apart and blows up the Joe base?

My niggle with the figure is the skinniness. He looks almost fat in the movie.

Hmm, could be, that would be interesting. I wonder if that is his firefly canister? Interesting choice to make it clear orange, lol. I might have to repaint it to look metal.

I don't mind that really. Firefly is cool in the movie, but as a figure I want mine to actually be capable of escape on foot. No offense bomb master. ;)

MJjoe4life
05-14-2012, 09:50 AM
He doesnt look bad. But i like the masked head better than the unmasked head. I will definitely have to see it in person before i decide to buy more than one.

jiffy18
05-14-2012, 10:48 AM
I don't get it, what's up with the retaliation line and bright green? Are we getting a movie accurate figure for firefly? I might buy this figure but it looks incomplete without a gun

fireflyguy
05-14-2012, 10:55 AM
I'm going to have a lot of fun with this line, especially once it goes on sale.

It's almost inevitable with some of these figures that they'll go on sale, especially given their starting price point. That's what I did with Roc figs -- I bought only the ones I really wanted at first, then when Wal-Mart had them at $5 per, I started cleaning them out for customs.

Sciencefriction
05-14-2012, 11:01 AM
I don't get it, what's up with the retaliation line and bright green? Are we getting a movie accurate figure for firefly? I might buy this figure but it looks incomplete without a gun

Green is the best color ever, nuff said. ;)

It's almost inevitable with some of these figures that they'll go on sale, especially given their starting price point. That's what I did with Roc figs -- I bought only the ones I really wanted at first, then when Wal-Mart had them at $5 per, I started cleaning them out for customs.

Yeah, that's definitely what I'm going to be doing. Picking these up once they get cheaper and going to town on the customs. I love the masked Firefly head, and the unmasked head will be good for other characters he's played. Same with Joe Colton, I might just preorder a few of him if he's listed as a single figure.

CrimsonGuard101
05-14-2012, 11:51 AM
I think he looks pretty cool, deifnetly headswapping to the ROC TRU Exl. Firefly Body though..dont care for that Cub Scout derby car thing, but the figure has a good head sculpt...Who decided on the colros for these ifgures? They need to be demoted and sent over to My Little Pony or fired all togtehr and go get a job and Sangria selling Hello Kitty... or something...they do not belong on the GI JOE team lol...

TheRealDubya
05-14-2012, 12:15 PM
I like this rendition of FF.

nighthawk
05-14-2012, 12:17 PM
Only interested in getting his head so I can have an unmasked 25th Firefly...haha

07GT500 COBRA
05-14-2012, 12:17 PM
The Flint he had went for around $60. This will probably top that. It will be fun watching when he posts a Joe Colton, Night Viper or Crimson Guard.

CrimsonGuard101
05-14-2012, 12:22 PM
The Flint he had went for around $60. This will probably top that. It will be fun watching when he posts a Joe Colton, Night Viper or Crimson Guard.

Still wanna see the new retaliation alley viper too..I hope he has some cool gear cause th epic just shows him all naked basically...but I digress this is the line that totally went whacked on gear lol..

Viper6
05-14-2012, 12:49 PM
with such a b etter movie, why way worse figures gods damn it, this shouldve been epic! how are the damn DG toys better than this shit?! (and they are).

alaroc
05-14-2012, 12:55 PM
This fig looks great. Can't wait to put the unmasked head on my other Fireflies. Swapping out his torso with the Paris Pursuit SS torso might make him look more screen accurate if you're willing to paint it up. Waiting to see the final 2 3-packs- we're supposed to be getting this fig redeco'd in his classic colors (along with Mouse and a screen-accurate Retaliation SS)...

Sciencefriction
05-14-2012, 01:04 PM
I still don't get how any can think that these figures are worse than ROC. They are so much more creative, detailed, and interesting. I suppose everyone has different tastes, I don't mean anything offensive, I just really don't get the negativity around these figures. Use your imaginations, get creative, have fun. Why so serious?

CrimsonGuard101
05-14-2012, 01:11 PM
I still don't get how any can think that these figures are worse than ROC. They are so much more creative, detailed, and interesting. I suppose everyone has different tastes, I don't mean anything offensive, I just really don't get the negativity around these figures. Use your imaginations, get creative, have fun. Why so serious?

One word Pusruit of Cobra...you dont raise the bar to level to drop below ROC quality...some of these are worse then 25th offerings...your going to get a lot of negativity when you take away the good crack...its like any drug...you make us quit cold turkey and we get pretty pissy lol...its like we went back to 2004....or worse 93....all these gicmicks and neon colors...

Sciencefriction
05-14-2012, 01:18 PM
Yeah.. I just think it's not as big of a difference as most you perceive it to be. Vehicles aside, the reduce artic isn't really that widespread, more figures so far have increased artic or standard artic than those without. Yeah, there are so silly action feature things, but do you guys really expect Renegades Storm Shadow every time? I just think it's a case of over reacting. You guys are overlooking what are some very creative and fun figures. It's not like the Avengers or Amazing Spider-Man figures after all.

CrimsonGuard101
05-14-2012, 01:27 PM
Yeah.. I just think it's not as big of a difference as most you perceive it to be. Vehicles aside, the reduce artic isn't really that widespread, more figures so far have increased artic or standard artic than those without. Yeah, there are so silly action feature things, but do you guys really expect Renegades Storm Shadow every time? I just think it's a case of over reacting. You guys are overlooking what are some very creative and fun figures. It's not like the Avengers or Amazing Spider-Man figures after all.

My favorite character out of all of them are the Rock figures...and there are no replacemnt parts to fit his stupid lower legs wihtout massive resoncturction and glue work, thet are beyond rigid, just so he can hold that stupid over shized missile launcher...Its annoying. I have to put him in the back of my colelction so you cant see his stiff tree like legs...he would have been a stellar figure if had been fully articulated like the Dollar Store Joes...its not over reacting when they make changes to fully incorproate the lame spring loaded gicmicks...when they go as far as deisgn the figure sepcificaly like that to be used for that purpose...I will not be silent and accept that is something i want to see more of...I want them to hear loud and clear...its not a good direction to be going...hopefully this little experiment in lameness ends with the movie line and we get back to normal in 2013...

Sciencefriction
05-14-2012, 01:30 PM
To each there own right? Agree to disagree? I just think for every stiff legged Roadblock there's a Retaliation Storm Shadow with rocker ankles that is just spectacular. :)

CrimsonGuard101
05-14-2012, 01:40 PM
To each there own right? Agree to disagree? I just think for every stiff legged Roadblock there's a Retaliation Storm Shadow with rocker ankles that is just spectacular. :)

Only becuase those figures are ninjas (notice most of the non-nijas got the shaft)..what really odd is given they are pettling Roadblock as the "ulimtate ninja commando"...his action figure sure dosent meet those standards lol...the hwole line is a total disary...its never been so messed up

Sciencefriction
05-14-2012, 01:46 PM
I'm just enjoying it. It's a curve ball, it's fun, and nothing else is really working it seems. So if this gets Joe going again then awesome.

CrimsonGuard101
05-14-2012, 01:49 PM
I'm just enjoying it. It's a curve ball, it's fun, and nothing else is really working it seems. So if this gets Joe going again then awesome.

The DG Joes are doing an awesome job with that :)

Sciencefriction
05-14-2012, 01:51 PM
I really don't get the hype with DG Joes, they're like Retaliation Joes amped up. Same design aesthetic just no missile launchers.

CrimsonGuard101
05-14-2012, 02:13 PM
I really don't get the hype with DG Joes, they're like Retaliation Joes amped up. Same design aesthetic just no missile launchers.

Ideally the DG should be in the same line main movie line, why are they not? Especially the SS and SE, they nust needed to retain 30th/POC card art (just with the Retaliation banner, and a little icon somehwere that says "form the gi joe cartoon, movie, comics etc, like the 25th anni) and been better then the POC/ROC/25th offerings and they can still come with the extra gimicls since ROC was able to do that. Its really really odd for them to have gone this route, cheapen the movie line, and then try to laucnh a very small, very reclusive secondary line of slightly better offerings then the movie figures...if these DG store figures had been on the level of the unarticulated MU figures they have, Iw oudl have thought nothing of it, but given these are as good if not better due to parts options then the 25th figures...I tink retial had somethign to do with this mess...arrgh I think you see my frustration with it...it toally makes no sense...if you take all of it an dpile it into one product...Habsro isnt saving nay money really...they are doing what peeps have siad for years that it woudl be insanley expsnive to run 2 simultanous figure lines...

Sciencefriction
05-14-2012, 02:18 PM
I think they're just putting product in as many places as they can. It's less confusing for kids if they see only one line of product at the big box stores I guess.

Mermaniel
05-14-2012, 02:50 PM
I'll buy it just to use the head for my Punisher Custom. :D

CrimsonGuard101
05-14-2012, 03:00 PM
I think they're just putting product in as many places as they can. It's less confusing for kids if they see only one line of product at the big box stores I guess.

I dont buy that...kids are not stupid automotans...they know what a Joe is, they need ot be able to pick thier own favotires and the more chopices...the higher the chances...however these are more collector orineted becuase they are tirbutes to past ARAH characters...so how they could confuse a 4 year old kis is beynd me in eithe rcase, if the kid thinks its a cool figure thats all that matters...now if you wanna say its possible propganda that hey want the new kids to only see Joes as they apepar in the movie (again the retalaition figures do a horrible job of capturing thier looks on the big screen if that steh case) then maybe...but thats detremental...they need to let the kids deicde waht they want, not force them to one era of GI JOE. If they like the DG store Snake Eyes better then the movie snake eyes...thats thier choice...let em buy it..

Goudos
05-14-2012, 03:01 PM
I don't care about the sled, but come on, its makes way more sense then the old L.C.V. Recon Sled

troublemagnet
05-14-2012, 03:04 PM
I honestly think if I never see a retaliation figure at retail, I wouldn't care...I'm gonna keep buying vintage this summer and pass on these, except for the upcoming Night Viper.

CrimsonGuard101
05-14-2012, 03:04 PM
I don't care about the sled, but come on, its makes way more sense then the old L.C.V. Recon Sled

LOL I still want somone to try and make a real life LCV sled ...and drive it around town hunting for joes on it and see how much gas milage it gets...think it would be street legal?

Next Joe movie will star Tony Hawk as Frestyle and the joes will come with skateboards with spingloaded missile launchers on em...

Lion
05-14-2012, 03:05 PM
Looks like ill be putting the firefly head on and the joes will be welcoming in the punisher to its ranks. I personally liked punisher: war zone and have always wanted that figure.

sba
05-14-2012, 03:05 PM
Seriously, this is the worst Firefly figure ever.

Konigstiger
05-14-2012, 03:08 PM
The heads are cool, but I don't know if they're cool enough to get me to purchase "Radioactive Extreme Sports Street Luge" Firefly.

CrimsonGuard101
05-14-2012, 03:13 PM
"Radioactive Extreme NINJA Sports Street Luge" Firefly.

haha thats awesome..fixed it though

Galaxus
05-14-2012, 03:20 PM
Wonder why he is in green instead of grey camo? maybe closer to the release of wave 2 they will have a running change like they did with cc lol.

Shipshape1983
05-14-2012, 03:22 PM
I see many Punisher customs coming out of this.

CrimsonGuard101
05-14-2012, 03:23 PM
I see many Punisher customs coming out of this.

Whys that? Hes not Dolph Lundgren haha

Cobra Fox
05-14-2012, 03:33 PM
I feel sorry for the idiot paying over $30 for this shitty figgy. It'll be pegwarmers no doubt come this summer. Plenty of luge boards for cobra army fags.

jestermon
05-14-2012, 03:38 PM
He looks like his vehicle is a cross of a hand truck and luge.

Sciencefriction
05-14-2012, 03:40 PM
I'm going to combine all of my luges into lugetron.

Ctrl_Z
05-14-2012, 03:45 PM
So this is Firefly? I thought this was going to be Beachhead for some reason.

CrimsonGuard101
05-14-2012, 03:47 PM
So this is Firefly? I thought this was going to be Beachhead for some reason.

Beachead (which looks more like firefly lol) is in that 3 pack with the Rock and Storm Shadow...we got some seriously wonked out kitbashers on the retaliaiton team...they need the guys who kitbashed the DG figs back asap...

Ctrl_Z
05-14-2012, 03:48 PM
I think it's the color that threw me off.

Black Llama
05-14-2012, 03:50 PM
I kinda like it :D Also, anyone else notice that the plastic on the fore arm looks like it's translucent and lights up with his accessory somehow?

CrimsonGuard101
05-14-2012, 03:53 PM
I kinda like it :D Also, anyone else notice that the plastic on the fore arm looks like it's translucent and lights up with his accessory somehow?

O M G....how friggen lame! This is NOW THE WORST firelfy EVER...he lights up like a GD firefly?? LMFAO.....

http://www.hisstank.com/forum/members/crimsonguard101-albums-tempus-picture51283-capture.png

TheLongestDay
05-14-2012, 03:55 PM
I will get this and he will be my PYTHON PATROL Firefly.

Black Llama
05-14-2012, 03:57 PM
Seriously, this is the worst Firefly figure ever.

I present exhibit B.

Firefly (v2) , YOJOE.COM | YoJoe.com: Dedicated to the G.I.Joe of the 80's, 90's and beyond! (http://www.yojoe.com/action/92/firefly2.shtml)

And I enjoy a LOT of the 90's product.

SunDown
05-14-2012, 04:02 PM
Firefly is my favorite Joe/Cobra character ever, and yet I can't see myself buying this one. I think this whole line is going to suck big time. The packaging is soooo terrible. I just don't see how any MOC collectors will touch these.

Cdt Weasel
05-14-2012, 04:04 PM
Why is his arm/hand glowing in the package art? Guess it looks like there is an accesory there to go over his arm, hopefully that is it and the arm itself isn't clear.

Cdt Weasel
05-14-2012, 04:06 PM
I present exhibit B.

Firefly (v2) , YOJOE.COM | YoJoe.com: Dedicated to the G.I.Joe of the 80's, 90's and beyond! (http://www.yojoe.com/action/92/firefly2.shtml)

And I enjoy a LOT of the 90's product.

I love that firefly.

Ctrl_Z
05-14-2012, 04:07 PM
i just hope it doesn't impede arm articulation.

Ctrl_Z
05-14-2012, 04:08 PM
I also hat the fact that I have to now worry if joe figures are going to have full articulation or not.

Sciencefriction
I highly doubt it since you can tell he still has ball jointed shoulders, elbrows, and his hands are a different color clear plastic so they are swivels. It's standard construction. If it turns out otherwise I would be very, very surprised. Also, he has standard double knees and hinged feet. Just check the NYTF picture..

CrimsonGuard101
Why is his arm/hand glowing in the package art? Guess it looks like there is an accesory there to go over his arm, hopefully that is it and the arm itself isn't clear.

No zoom in on his right arm in the pick, its as clear and neon green as shadow trackers mask....

Dem_Yoe'z!
This figure makes me sad. At least I have the discount Joes to enjoy finding

Sciencefriction
05-14-2012, 04:09 PM
Good, that leaves plenty of cheap Flints and Fireflys for me. :D

atomsmasher
05-14-2012, 04:11 PM
Python Patrol Firefly!

TheRealDubya
05-14-2012, 04:14 PM
Yup, those are transluscent forearms.

Ctrl_Z
05-14-2012, 04:15 PM
No zoom in on his right arm in the pick, its as clear and neon green as shadow trackers mask....
I think both arms are like that. I suspect it's a play gimmick. Thier's probably a button on his street luge thing that he depresses as he lays on it, then 2 leds light up (one under each forearm), thus lighting up his clear forearms. Just a guess though.

TheLongestDay
05-14-2012, 04:19 PM
I will get this and he will be my PYTHON PATROL Firefly.

Python Patrol Firefly!

hehehe great minds think alike :D

CrimsonGuard101
05-14-2012, 04:20 PM
I think both arms are like that. I suspect it's a play gimmick. Thier's probably a button on his street luge thing that he depresses as he lays on it, then 2 leds light up (one under each forearm), thus lighting up his clear forearms. Just a guess though.

I dun care how the gimick is done...they have just turned Firefly...one of my most favorite characters all of all time into a lightining bug green glowing gimmick...wtf is wrong with the world lol..I swear if john chu makes this movie a comdey and translates any of this gimick crap into the movie...the mayans can have the world back..I am done...

Wylde Weezle
05-14-2012, 04:21 PM
Not bad. I'll pick one up - though I was hoping if there was going to be a ridiculous pack-in vehicle that it would be an update to the 1988 Tank Car!

saundo11
05-14-2012, 04:49 PM
one of the few i was looking forward to, and they screw it up!!

Xsoldier
05-14-2012, 04:51 PM
I'll get him. He won't be Firefly in my Joe-verse... but I'll get him. Heck, any of the ones I get won't be their named characters.

Galaxus
05-14-2012, 04:55 PM
Yup, those are transluscent forearms.

Wow, that is a bit cheesy.

netkid
05-14-2012, 04:55 PM
A guy named "Firefly" lights up like one and people complain. How ironic.

Shipshape1983
05-14-2012, 05:00 PM
Whys that? Hes not Dolph Lundgren haha

Dude...that movie will always have a special place in my heart.

The second R rated movie I ever watched.

the first being Rambo 2.

I personally like this Firefly, looks kinda neat. Sure a lot of collectors are gonna bitch and moan, but I kinda dig that Hasbro is focusing on the kids again. Cuz i never would have given POC or 30th figures to children. Too many small parts to lose.

jmlawn
05-14-2012, 05:13 PM
Hoverchair takes me where I wanna go, where will it send me?

Wylde Weezle
05-14-2012, 05:17 PM
A little off-topic but based on the pics, it got me thinking -- is there a fast food tie-in planned for this movie? I have somewhat of a fondness for those sorts of things because I got ROC Kids' meal toys in a care package while I was deployed a few years ago.

Awesome that this one has a face on the headsculpt -- I've got an army of anonymous villains already, so this is cool.

CrimsonGuard101
05-14-2012, 05:29 PM
A guy named "Firefly" lights up like one and people complain. How ironic.

Hes never done so before....why now? How COUDL you nto expect people to be pissed abou tthat? It makes no sense, th elittle firefly robots he releases was enough..anythign more is just rediculous..I really dont want to see him running glowin gin the adrk with Nerf glow in the dark motorcycle globes on in th emoive...thats going to be hell lame...look at me! nucelar fussion arms ninja katta pow punch!

Cobra Terrorist
05-14-2012, 05:44 PM

I know, right? Where do they come up with this shit, lol?

What the hell is a "Blast Board" anyway?

But....about the figure. I'll need to see more pictures before I decide, I guess.

There's gotta be a legit reason he's colored green. Related to an event in the movie?

CrimsonGuard101
05-14-2012, 06:00 PM
I know, right? Where do they come up with this shit, lol?

What the hell is a "Blast Board" anyway?

But....about the figure. I'll need to see more pictures before, I guess.

There's gotta be a legit reason he's colored green. Related to an event in the movie?

I seirosuly doubt it...its nothing more then a stupid gimick for the A.D.D kids of the world..oh look momy he glows like a lighting bug! I can hear the non existant TV commercial kid now....and the obligatory TV annoucer guys voice chimes in "With your battle katta ninja glow Firefly, conquer those peksy Joes even from the darkest alley and soap box derby mobile! (lighitng effects require Fieflyed customization, not respnisible for false imagry in commerical)

Dr. Vile
05-14-2012, 06:01 PM
Light-up skateboard thingy, really? No, really? Not even Batman comes with that, oh well...

Steevy Maximus
05-14-2012, 06:47 PM
Light-up skateboard thingy, really? No, really? Not even Batman comes with that, oh well...
Dude, a light up battle luge is a step up from some of the shit I've seen in many a Batman figure get packed with.
At least Firefly isn't neon purple...

A little off-topic but based on the pics, it got me thinking -- is there a fast food tie-in planned for this movie? I have somewhat of a fondness for those sorts of things because I got ROC Kids' meal toys in a care package while I was deployed a few years ago.

Haven't heard of anything...but these kinds of promotions don't get revealed until closer to release. Probably won't know anything until a week or so ahead of their release, IF anyone is doing anything. Between Brave and Spider-Man, I'm actually doubtful Joe will get a happy meal promotion this time around.

He's green-ish in the trailer. Because when you are assaulting a prison in a forest, green is going to blend in with foliage a lot better than urban grey camo. Like with other figures (and the Transformers lines for that matter), Hasbro has simply upped the brightness to make the product more "toy friendly"
Plus, in the trailers, he's got this nifty "snake skin" motif that oozes cool, I'm disappointed Hasbro wasn't able to replicate that in his figure (assuming he doesn't get another...which is iffy)

I'm not big on this version, I just don't feel the need for him at the moment. Plus he has a figure slated for release in the second wave of 3 packs, and going by what Hasbro has done in the first wave...I think I'll wait and see how that one turns out. I suspect I'll like it better (and get more "traditional" accessories)

Rasstis
05-14-2012, 06:54 PM
Are they still trying to find a use for that VVV rolling rack that used to have a figure on it? I cannot remember who that came with, Duke more than likely (or maybe Grunt?). Anyways this reminds me of the firefly green days in the 90's. Ugh, how I hate green day (the band) as well. But I am getting off track. It's firefly, of course I'll snag it...even if I hate myself for it. COBRA!

rocker82
05-14-2012, 07:08 PM
I would not buy that version of Firefly with the green jacket.

c_money_collins
05-14-2012, 07:42 PM
I really like it. I was going to pass on it, but it seems to look better than before. I like the Blast Board. It looks cool. I also like the light up forearms. It's neat to get stuff like that, especially sicne it doesn't really detract from the figure, as far as we can tell.

DR.Sin
05-14-2012, 09:13 PM
Almost everything about this figure makes me turn away in disgust. Terrible colors, a light up board, a lantern thing, and one pistol. Yuck! What happened to all the guns and bombs and stuff like that. This line is really for the kids by the look of them. Great, it will save me some money.

blackbarn
05-14-2012, 09:31 PM
I already own better Firefly figures, no interest in this. Maybe if I see him on clearance so I can scrounge him for custom figure parts...

Torgos-Pizza
05-14-2012, 09:38 PM
Almost everything about this figure makes me turn away in disgust. Terrible colors, a light up board, a lantern thing, and one pistol. Yuck! What happened to all the guns and bombs and stuff like that. This line is really for the kids by the look of them. Great, it will save me some money.This. :(

The head sculpt looks cool but the rest is a real stink burger.

cobramatt96
05-14-2012, 09:43 PM
I see myself making some customs with that body. so i guess I'll get him if I see him in store

gruppenfuhrer88
05-14-2012, 09:45 PM
I don't know, he kinda looks shitty. The street luge is pretty wacky looking as well. I ain't gonna lie, I'll buy him, soon as I see him. Joes aren't going to last forever, I'll get them while I can.

DR.Sin
05-14-2012, 09:52 PM
This. :(

The head sculpt looks cool but the rest is a real stink burger.

yeah, the Ray Stevenson likeness looks good from the picture. I will give it that.

Ravage101
05-14-2012, 10:03 PM
I remember earlier pictures...still looks nothing like what the film has in store for us. Stupid action features always kill the toys. :/

Ravage101
05-14-2012, 10:04 PM
Here's to hoping that there will be a better more movie accurate version.

sba
05-14-2012, 10:55 PM
O M G....how friggen lame! This is NOW THE WORST firelfy EVER...he lights up like a GD firefly?? LMFAO.....

http://www.hisstank.com/forum/members/crimsonguard101-albums-tempus-picture51283-capture.png

Senior Citizen Firefly says GET OFF MY LAWN YOU KIDS.

CrimsonGuard101
05-14-2012, 10:58 PM
Senior Citizen Firefly says GET OFF MY LAWN YOU KIDS.

Oh I c...its hs "green thumb" from years working as a Chemlawn tech...his back is sooo bad and broken now he has to wheel himself around on this lay down on this skateboard thingamigig...

JoeMama
05-14-2012, 10:59 PM
why the F does he have a suburban bobsled?
is that a go-cart?
has cobra fallen on tough times?
wtf?
I don't... I just don't want to think about this.
why this would have ever made sense.

is firefly into some kind of weird role-play sex fetish? I just don't get it.

sba
05-14-2012, 11:09 PM
He seriously looks like he's 75 years old and comes with a Rascal scooter.

jmlawn
05-14-2012, 11:22 PM
Has anyone mentioned the brite as hell green version of Firefly they released in the 90s with the zip cord top & neon green rifle??? That was 100x worse than this!

FIREFLY21
05-14-2012, 11:26 PM
As long as the legs have full articulation, I might buy a couple and with the masked heads, it might make for some kinda jungle trooper. I think it might look cool with jungle bat and shadow tracker (few of them could make up his special unit or something).
IDK, just thinking since he'll never be FF in my verse.

M_renegade
05-14-2012, 11:58 PM
As long as the legs have full articulation, I might buy a couple and with the masked heads, it might make for some kinda jungle trooper. I think it might look cool with jungle bat and shadow tracker (few of them could make up his special unit or something).
IDK, just thinking since he'll never be FF in my verse.

Nope, he's got single jointed knees, and no ankle joint (basically, the legs of an o-ring figure).
And fugly colors.
And no weapons.
And ridiculous accesories.

Seriously, how in hell this si suppossed to be the FF of the movie??? I thought they didn't want to confuse customers!

Sciencefriction
05-15-2012, 12:01 AM
Nope, he's got single jointed knees, and no ankle joint (basically, the legs of an o-ring figure).
And fugly colors.
And no weapons.
And ridiculous accesories.

Seriously, how in hell this si suppossed to be the FF of the movie??? I thought they didn't want to confuse customers!

Please, please, please, please, please would you guys stop posting things without knowing the facts. If you just go look at the NYTF picture of Firefly that is in the database you can see he has double jointed knees and articulated ankles. I've said it twice already in this thread. This is how rumors start.

Firefly (Green) 2012 - Retaliation Cobra Figures G.I. Joe Retaliation (http://www.hisstank.com/database/retaliation-cobra-figures-134/firefly-green-2647/)

M_renegade
05-15-2012, 12:02 AM
why the F does he have a suburban bobsled?
is that a go-cart?

He's Firefly dude.

He'll blind you with his ... orange... lantern!
Then run you over with his...bobsled... go-kart!
And then finish the job by bashing you with his extra head!
And of course, you will not see him coming, cos he's not only a ninja, but also wear f**ing lime green and yellow camo!

Deadlier than ever.

M_renegade
05-15-2012, 12:08 AM
Please, please, please, please, please would you guys stop posting things without knowing the facts. If you just go look at the NYTF picture of Firefly that is in the database you can see he has double jointed knees and articulated ankles. I've said it twice already in this thread. This is how rumors start.

Dude i SO hope you're right, and my eyes are fooling me seeing the knee's grey paint over the lower parts of the legs (thus making the knee and lower leg a single piece), and no space for a double knee piece, or the lower hole for the peg, or the usual space at the ankle...

(seriously, there are other pics that seems more lke sinple legs.)

Sciencefriction
05-15-2012, 12:13 AM
Dude i SO hope you're right, and my eyes are fooling me seeing the knee's grey paint over the lower parts of the legs (thus making the knee and lower leg a single piece), and no space for a double knee piece, or the lower hole for the peg, or the usual space at the ankle...

(seriously, there are other pics that seems more lke sinple legs.)

If I'm wrong Hasbro sure has us fooled! lol. I think it's best not to speculate too much before hand though. Maybe one of our in-the-know members can clarify for us? It's hard to tell looking at it now if he does in fact have less or artic or not. The angles are bad, but it just seems like he has it. God this can get frustrating. >.<

M_renegade
05-15-2012, 12:18 AM
If I'm wrong Hasbro sure has us fooled! lol. I think it's best not to speculate too much before hand though. Maybe one of our in-the-know members can clarify for us? It's hard to tell looking at it now if he does in fact have less or artic or not. The angles are bad, but it just seems like he has it. God this can get frustrating. >.<

I have one of the pics which you can see a bit better one of the sides.

Just think on this:

only the ninjas got extra articulation (The Rock V2 (the light green one)has...he's a ninja *ghasp-choke* here).
The rest has no articulation, or re-uses old parts; Bruce Colton has PoC legs, and Night Viper and CG have 275th legs. So it doesn't makes sense for Firefly to have new legs and extra articulations, when his legs aren't re-used.

For me, he's only useful to make me a non-paint Sci-fi.

Sciencefriction
05-15-2012, 12:20 AM
True, but Firefly's a ninja! LOL. Oh Hasbro, how can you do this to us. Firefly needs articulation. I'm fine with CC, Roadblock, army builders, etc missing it, but Firefly? Oh well. His lower legs aren't that unique so I can swap them out.

M_renegade
05-15-2012, 12:25 AM
True, but Firefly's a ninja! LOL. Oh Hasbro, how can you do this to us. Firefly needs articulation. I'm fine with CC, Roadblock, army builders, etc missing it, but Firefly? Oh well. His lower legs aren't that unique so I can swap them out.

Yep... but not in this movie! :D

here, pic.
(couldn't find it here on the tank)
Note there's no space between lower and upper leg for a knee piece. Also note the difference between these feet and those of -for example- Colton.

http://img577.imageshack.us/img577/8058/toyfair2012dsc245431313.jpg

Also, note the proportions of the fig.
A true dissapointment :C

Sciencefriction
05-15-2012, 12:27 AM
Again, it's just too tough to tell, especially with the watermark in the way, but you very well could be right. I'm going to hold out hope though. Otherwise I'll just give him the lower legs from wave 1 POC Duke.

M_renegade
05-15-2012, 12:30 AM
Again, it's just too tough to tell, especially with the watermark in the way, but you very well could be right. I'm going to hold out hope though. Otherwise I'll just give him the lower legs from wave 1 POC Duke.

Again, i hope i'm wrong too!

Sciencefriction
05-15-2012, 12:31 AM
Again, i hope i'm wrong too!

'course now you've even got me thinking you're right! lol.

Shin Densetsu
05-15-2012, 12:41 AM
That torso is WAY TOO small for this figure! Dang, Hasbro pulled a 1st Avenger Comic Series US Agent on Firefly!

M_renegade
05-15-2012, 12:42 AM

:P

Just look at the whole lineup of figs, and you'll see what i mean. In any case, i'm probably getting one damned FF just for fodder *grumble*

EDIT:
OMFG i just dwlded the pic of ebay, the pic is bigger than it shows...he not only has simple legs, but has clear arms to light up *facepalm*
(gimme a sec to upload)

Sciencefriction
05-15-2012, 12:42 AM
Yeah, we know about his arms, but the artic is fine on those it looks like. I'm still getting a bunch for parts and because I like the head sculpts a lot.

M_renegade
05-15-2012, 12:47 AM
Yeah, we know about his arms, but the artic is fine on those it looks like. I'm still getting a bunch for parts and because I like the head sculpts a lot.

I didn't noted the arms before. Terrible and stupid.

Bigger Pic:

http://img88.imageshack.us/img88/9064/fireflyretaliationcarde.jpg

Well...at least the batteries are included! :P

(love the headsculpt too. I'll use it for a Lt Stone -will have to add eyepatch tho-)

CrimsonGuard101
05-15-2012, 01:24 AM
I didn't noted the arms before. Terrible and stupid.

Bigger Pic:

http://img88.imageshack.us/img88/9064/fireflyretaliationcarde.jpg

Well...at least the batteries are included! :P

(love the headsculpt too. I'll use it for a Lt Stone -will have to add eyepatch tho-)

Wow they found a way to package a light up toy with batteries and complain about costs? WTFH is going on here?...peeps need to stop affording hasbro all of the luxuries excuses for reducing articulation in the name of savings and accessories and box art...someones playing a huge joke on us and I dont think it is one bit funny...I am looking at you Steven Sommers!

M_renegade
05-15-2012, 03:01 AM

Well, better pic, just in case:

http://img822.imageshack.us/img822/3827/gijoeretaliationfirefly.jpg

DarkHorse
05-15-2012, 03:09 AM
Yep, that looks like purest arse gravy.

Beckley
05-15-2012, 08:37 AM
Poop

alcoholic ewok
05-15-2012, 09:32 AM
guy's got a sweet battle luge, broskis.

nyfunny07
05-15-2012, 10:29 AM
I just scored wave 1 from a local stationary store where I get my coffee and buttered roll in the morning. $11 each is not bad (less than CVS and less aggravation looking for them)

snakeeyes566
05-15-2012, 11:25 AM
For some reason, I think we are getting a movie accurate version of him. I guess we'll see at JoeCon. I really hope Hasbro shows us the "real thing" at NOLA. Maybe they reveal more movie accurate figs. I guess we'll have to wait until June 30.

TheRealDubya
05-15-2012, 12:58 PM
I think they're servicing the needs of kids first, to try and keep this brand relevant at retail. Once (if) they are able to hook the kids, our needs get serviced in later waves.

This Firefly is an excellent toy for a kid. If I was 8 years old, and wasn't totally married to a concept from 28 years ago, this toy would be completely rad. If this was the first Firefly I ever saw, I'd love it.

Now, as 37 year old who pulled Storm Shadow, Spirit, Recondo and Firefly off a peg in a single summer day in 1984... I can still get with this figure. It's pretty cool. It's different. And I can see some elements on this figure that will, at some point in the future, come together to make some kind of ultimate ARAH/1984 Firefly.

I can wait,, especially if it contributes to GI Joe being a retail force again.

M_renegade
05-15-2012, 01:17 PM
The more i see this figure, the more i despise it.

I could take it if it had that cool barb-wire camo of the movie..., or the subdued colors. And a weapon of sorts, something.

Sciencefriction
05-15-2012, 02:00 PM
Typical Hasbro doing things that make no sense and fly in the face of what they said. I guess Firefly isn't a ninja anymore.

blayze5150
05-15-2012, 02:01 PM
No weapons? I thought it was Firefly, not Sunbow lifeline!

Crazy Legs
05-15-2012, 11:35 PM
No weapons? I thought it was Firefly, not Sunbow lifeline!

Word.
He comes with a different head, a canister, and that mechanic kart thing?

This has to be the worst equipped figure ever.
And i am talking about current times not original stuff.

DarkHorse
05-16-2012, 12:58 AM
Typical Hasbro doing things that make no sense and fly in the face of what they said. I guess Firefly isn't a ninja anymore.

This is Hasbro at it's most ironic and moronic. They make everyone who isn't a ninja into a ninja, and a guy who is a ninja into an extreme sports prick. You have to lol.

Un_Chakal
05-16-2012, 12:38 PM
Word.
He comes with a different head, a canister, and that mechanic kart thing?

This has to be the worst equipped figure ever.
And i am talking about current times not original stuff.

That canister is his 'firefly' canister he opens up a the beginning of the Retaliation trailer.

CrimsonGuard101
05-16-2012, 12:53 PM
That canister is his 'firefly' canister he opens up a the beginning of the Retaliation trailer.

Is that were he ascends to vallhalla and becomes infused with the green latern light of the firefly and his arms glow green when vampires or Urak-hai come around?

shishi
05-16-2012, 04:35 PM
how on earth is this figure going for more than the red ninja that he is selling as well?!?

CrimsonGuard101
05-16-2012, 04:45 PM
how on earth is this figure going for more than the red ninja that he is selling as well?!?

Shill bidders and those 2 fan bois that just have money burning holes through thier floors that are trying to out bid each other then your obligatory last 5 sec uber collector auto snipes and then doset pay...

Crazy Legs
05-16-2012, 04:49 PM

I know what it is but the only other dude to ever come with a canister, CC, even has at least a couple of guns or something.

This dude just has his canister. After he is done opening it what does he do next? He takes off his mask he gets on his kart and goes home and glow?

CrimsonGuard101
05-16-2012, 04:51 PM
I know what it is but the only other dude to ever come with a canister, CC, even has at least a couple of guns or something.

This dude just has his canister. After he is done opening what does he do next? He takes off his mask he gets on his kart and goes home and glow?

He fires friggen lasers beams out of his friggen arms ...Chrnobyl Radiation Battle Katta Ulimtate Arishikage Ninja Command glow feature man....that what his file card will say is his prefered weapon.

shishi
05-16-2012, 04:55 PM
i got a loose retaliation ss with the big cobra symbol for about $4 the other week off this seller. it's ok but nothing special though at least it has good articulation

Un_Chakal
05-16-2012, 05:04 PM

This dude just has his canister. After he is done opening it what does he do next? He takes off his mask he gets on his kart and goes home and glow?

I quite think he will!

boff123
05-16-2012, 05:11 PM
looks good but the light up board is horrible. also why is the auction up to 37 bucks? yikes!