PDA

View Full Version : Di Bonaventura talks about post production on G.I. Joe:Rise of Cobra

sn8ke3y3s
10-30-2008, 04:01 PM
I found this the other day.
MTV Movies Blog ‘G.I. Joe’ Producer Gives Scene Details, Promises Film’s ‘Looking Really Good’ (http://moviesblog.mtv.com/2008/10/29/gi-joe-producer-gives-scene-details-promises-films-looking-really-good/)

Troynos
10-30-2008, 04:07 PM
That was kind of a useless blog post. Didn't really say anything new or give details.

Although, purists should like the part about the Snake-Eyes/Storm Shadow relationship being taken directly from the comics.

goosetuber
10-30-2008, 04:09 PM
“I think the core fan base that read the comic book and watched the animated shows are going to feel like we really honored their experience,” he promised.

Do ya think he's read any posts round here?

TheLongestDay
10-30-2008, 04:15 PM
show us the damn trailer already!!!!!!!!

RockinHard
10-30-2008, 10:24 PM
“I think the core fan base that read the comic book and watched the animated shows are going to feel like we really honored their experience,” he promised.

Well said!

swafus
10-30-2008, 10:26 PM
.........Turd Sandwich.............that is all.

spacemonkeymafia
10-30-2008, 11:09 PM
Well most teaser trailers are out a year before the movie so whats the Hold up? I think they know this isnt going to be pretty...

Cobra88
10-30-2008, 11:43 PM

THATS WHAT i WAS GOING TO SAY BUT YOU BEAT ME TO IT!

Cold Slither
10-30-2008, 11:45 PM
Well most teaser trailers are out a year before the movie so whats the Hold up? I think they know this isnt going to be pretty...

Exactly.

flash70
10-30-2008, 11:56 PM
Lorenzo do us all a favor and get out of the business.

worthless waste of good paramount money.

delta
10-31-2008, 12:21 AM
worthless waste of good paramount money.

Yeah Just like Jason takes Manhattan!!!

Griff
10-31-2008, 12:50 AM

I don't think so cause if her had he would see the amount of discontented fans who laugh hysterically at the pure lunacy that his statement of "Striaght out of the comic" is. I don't recall snake eyes being a frenchie or storm shadow being freakin korean. I also dont recall snakes wearing his clan symbol on his suit or his motorcycle. Boneventura is an idiot IMO and should be banned from movies, just like uwe bowl.

Shin Densetsu
10-31-2008, 01:29 AM
I also dont recall snakes wearing his clan symbol on his suit
He has on some of the comic covers.
I don't recall snake eyes being a frenchie or storm shadow being freakin korean.
Which we still don't even know if those two aspects will be in the movie. There was the plan for Snake Eyes to talk, but that got axed.
I don't think so cause if her had he would see the amount of discontented fans who laugh hysterically at the pure lunacy that his statement of "Striaght out of the comic" is.
He's used to it. He is the same producer for Transformers.

DarthBrett
10-31-2008, 04:19 AM

Not always. All of the Star Wars prequel teasers came out only 6 months before the movie hit. I suspect a teaser will debut with a movie that is coming out in February or possibly even on Super Bowl Sunday (Remember the JP2 teaser that debuted that night)?

aussietrooper20
10-31-2008, 04:21 AM
I think they know that it'll be stupid like masters of the universe was, and someone in the future will re-make G.I.JOE the way it has to be made.

where are the H.I.S.S. tanks and cobra troopers? There weren't any vipers at the start, and Destro had a Mask on cause of his ansister.

Chris L
10-31-2008, 08:59 AM
The cast alone would seem to back up di Bonaventura’s boasts, with such names as Channing Tatum, Joseph Gordon-Levitt, Dennis Quaid, Marlon Wayans, Sienna Miller and others

When they are bragging about Marlon Wayans as one of the cast members and big names in the film, I'm going to have to say this movie is in big trouble.

TheLongestDay
10-31-2008, 09:04 AM
Yeah Just like Jason takes Manhattan!!!

hey come on now! thats a pure classic!

You cant beat Jason booting over a table + boombox playing shitty music...then scaring punks away by lifting his mask up....

harkiri
10-31-2008, 09:25 AM
wow, a thread that is entirely about bitching about rumors about a movie that hasnt come out yet... havent seen that before.

as for the symbol on the bike thing, do some f'ning research before you bitch about something please

IESB.net - Movie News, Reviews, Interviews and More! - This is Not An Official G.I. Joe/Snake Eyes Bike (http://www.iesb.net/index.php?option=com_content&task=view&id=5686&Itemid=99)

Crimson Rage
10-31-2008, 09:55 AM
show us the damn trailer already!!!!!!!!

Hey, you asked me in you "Ironblood custom" thread why I don't post here anymore. Look at some of the idiotic posts in this thread alone and you have your answer.
A blinkered, short sighted and immature minority incapable of constructive argument have destroyed yet another forum experience for me.

The "I know with utter certainty this film I haven't seen yet will be awful and anyone who disagrees is a blinkered fool" philosphy cannot be argued against and the whole debacle was souring the anticipation that I had for a movie that, until proven otherwise, I plan to enjoy.
These people have prejudged and condemned for some reason and have decided to hate no matter what and seem, bizarrely, to want to bring everyone else down with them.
I simply won't let them do that, otherwise they'll smugly think they've 'won' - I'm just sorry I won't be here for chat with the good guys (and there are many of them here).

Agent-GHQ
10-31-2008, 10:54 AM
Personally, I can careless about the movie. However, the out come of it concerns me more. By that I mean, I hope this movie do draw in more newer or younger generation of fans to increase the fan based. Thus...........hopefully, more TOYs on the fuckin shelves and pegs compared to other crap that you see constantly!

spacemonkeymafia
10-31-2008, 11:06 AM
Not always. All of the Star Wars prequel teasers came out only 6 months before the movie hit. I suspect a teaser will debut with a movie that is coming out in February or possibly even on Super Bowl Sunday (Remember the JP2 teaser that debuted that night)?

As Far as I know SW is the only one that does that......George has a Formula he goes by.....Teaser in Nov.....Full Trailer Feb...2nd full trailer April.........

BadWolf
10-31-2008, 02:30 PM
And lots of toys throughout!

delta
10-31-2008, 05:42 PM
Hey, you asked me in you "Ironblood custom" thread why I don't post here anymore. Look at some of the idiotic posts in this thread alone and you have your answer.

What??? Jason Takes Manhattan WAS a bad movie!!

spacemonkeymafia
10-31-2008, 05:51 PM
A blinkered, short sighted and immature minority incapable of constructive argument have destroyed yet another forum experience for me.

The "I know with utter certainty this film I haven't seen yet will be awful and anyone who disagrees is a blinkered fool" philosphy cannot be argued against and the whole debacle was souring the anticipation that I had for a movie that, until proven otherwise, I plan to enjoy.
These people have prejudged and condemned for some reason and have decided to hate no matter what and seem, bizarrely, to want to bring everyone else down with them.
I simply won't let them do that, otherwise they'll smugly think they've 'won' - I'm just sorry I won't be here for chat with the good guys (and there are many of them here).

Why cant you just let it go? Why cant some of us take what weve seen and heard and form a thought about it? Why do we HAVE to like EVERYTHING that comes out? Im sorry we hurt your feelings with what we say........I think the GI Joe movie will be the Bestestest movie EVER!!!

Im a huge Spiderman fan....And I want watch part 3 EVER again.....and guess what I knew it was going to suck by reading everything i did about it.......A year before it came out...same thing with X Men 3 Everything that was said about it made me know it was going to suck....Like GI Joe Ill be there opening day....but X3 still left a bad taste in my mouth...........

I promise you it will be ok........

Shin Densetsu
10-31-2008, 07:46 PM
Why cant you just let it go? Why cant some of us take what weve seen and heard and form a thought about it? Why do we HAVE to like EVERYTHING that comes out? Im sorry we hurt your feelings with what we say........I think the GI Joe movie will be the Bestestest movie EVER!!!
The point he is trying to make is that he will not condemn a movie that is not even out yet. He's not saying you have to like it, or hate it, he just thinks everyone should watch the thing first rather than judge it. We haven't even seen a trailer yet.

Griff
10-31-2008, 07:55 PM
sometimes we don't need a trailer to watch or to see a movie to know how bad we think it personally we will be, especially with all the info pictures interviews etc.. that have been released so far. IF people wanna be blind followers of the GI JOE line, and yes there are people who are not saying anyone in particular im just saying in general, then let them go see it. If they likeit fine if not oh well. Let people who wanna see it see it and let those who don't dont. I personally do not have any desire whatsoever to see this movie as it is too far from what GI JOE ever was in my eyes. To say they have captured the spirit of what GI JOE was is completely untrue to me unless they mean the spirit of SIGMA 6. IF thats what they were shooting for then by far they nailed it but as far as capturing the essence of of the original GI JOE they bombed and bombed bad. I personally don't see this movie movie lasting too long in theaters, but I hope enough of hasblows target kid audience buy their movie toys so they can make what really sells, the modern classics.

Shin Densetsu
10-31-2008, 08:01 PM
IF people wanna be blind followers of the GI JOE line, and yes there are people who are not saying anyone in particular im just saying in general, then let them go see it.
That's just the problem, a lot of the people who are open minded and willing to wait to see this movie before judging it, are labeled as blind followers, when truth is, they aren't. If the movie sucks, it sucks, but I have to wait to see it before I make a decision. Does it deviate a lot from RAH? Obviously it does, but does that stop that from being a great movie? We won't know that until we see the movie. I will be disappointed if the movie sucks, but I don't know if it will.

spacemonkeymafia
10-31-2008, 08:41 PM
The point he is trying to make is that he will not condemn a movie that is not even out yet. He's not saying you have to like it, or hate it, he just thinks everyone should watch the thing first rather than judge it. We haven't even seen a trailer yet.

I completly understand his and your point...but mine being is that Ive seen and read enough Movie Spoilers to know when one is going to suck (To me)......I was proven right about Superman Returns....Spidey 3....X3.....But the clincher is I was at all those 3 movies on opening day.....Ill be at Joe on Opening day.....I want to lose my mind when I watch it......

The last movie I was REALLY stoked about was Spiderman 3 I left with a piece of me missing from that day on. Im not saying this movie is going to be bad....I just think it will......do I want it to be.......NO!!! No!!!! No!!!!

BUT we movie Bashers....which a lot of me is just playing around with you guys......dont start crying when the movie supporters say its going to be fantastic and great.......We dont get mad or upset or even call people names...because they think its going to be the best movie EVER!!!

People need to loosen up......We all Love Joe here.....the fact is we wouldnt be here talking about what we love and hate......if we didnt.

But why do some Tankers feel the need to almost Cry when We talk about what we dont like about the upcoming movie?

I want this film to make Billions of Dollars......I want it to be the best movie next summer.......but I cant help but not like the cast....Director.....Some of the story....and the Logos on the bike (Which I believe is fake)...Im sorry I cant sit here and give almighty praise to Steve Sommers.......the only thing that gives me hope is how Snakes looks.....and I do think if they got that right then yes I might be wrong....but until I see something that Wows me more Im in the negative here......

I learned from Spidey 3 not to get my hopes up again about a movie (Now Captain America sorry Im stoked for that one no matter what).

But really there is no point in getting upset that someone doesnt agree with you....Jeez me and Gunslinger never agree....but Id buy him a beer....and hang out with him.....because we have a love for Joe.........

Also I didnt really dig TF and hated every spoiler to come out about it..........

Shin Densetsu
10-31-2008, 10:43 PM
I was proven right about Superman Returns....Spidey 3....X3.....But the clincher is I was at all those 3 movies on opening day.....Ill be at Joe on Opening day.....I want to lose my mind when I watch it......
When it comes down to it, whether it sucks will depend on whether you like it, someone else might love it but you might hate it. For example I loved Spiderman 3 and Superman Returns, but hated X-Men 3.
But why do some Tankers feel the need to almost Cry when We talk about what we dont like about the upcoming movie?
I'm not crying. I can also ask why people feel the need to bash the movie in every single thread about the movie, a lot of times throwing the thread off topic. It is beating a dead horse. For example if we have a thread about Snake Eyes' movie costume, I am certain we will see someone say "OMG Ripcord is black!", and complain about it, yet it has nothing to do with Snake Eyes' movie costume.
Im sorry I cant sit here and give almighty praise to Steve Sommers
No one is complaining that you are. I'm worried about how the movie will turn out from his direction too, as a matter of fact, that is the main thing I am worried about, not the continuity breaking, et al. I really hope that taking fan's considerations into account regarding the comics does not get in the way of making a great movie.

I learned from Spidey 3 not to get my hopes up again about a movie (Now Captain America sorry Im stoked for that one no matter what).
I learned from Transformers not to condemn a movie until after I see it. I loved the movie, I know some of you hated it, but I liked it(but hated some aspects of it, it definitely could have been better than it turned out).
We dont get mad or upset or even call people names...because they think its going to be the best movie EVER!!!
There might not be names explicitly stated, but it is obvious that the categories that any member talking about the movie is either a movie hater/basher or movie lover(or some other name you guys came up with). Neither side takes into account the people that are willing to watch the movie first before making a decision. There are a lot of things that I do not like about the movie that I have stated numerous times before, but I am still waiting it out. If you take into account everything we have seen so far, whether it be the numerous leaked scripts(some of which were old or fake), the cast pictures in costume, the Rock Slide toy, etc, we haven't seen much. I also wish for a trailer before the end of the year, yet taking into account what happened with Transformers, I did not have faith in that movie until I saw the prototype protoform Optimus Prime toy in summer 06(that figure rules), and the only trailer that gave me hope was the third one, the first one was lackluster, barely showed anything, but the third one gave me a taste of what I would see, and I ended up liking that movie. So even if we do see a trailer for Rise of Cobra, it might not be until the third or fourth trailer that we see something awesome.
But really there is no point in getting upset that someone doesnt agree with you.
Honestly what upsets me more is threads being off topic as shown in my example referring to Snake Eyes' costume. It is like reading the TF boards during 2006 when every thread about a leak always had pages full of whining, even if it had nothing to do with the topic. Some stunt double could be announced and in the thread there was bound to be a "THIS MOVIE WILL SUCK" post, just because it was a movie thread.

Also I didnt really dig TF and hated every spoiler to come out about it..........
I ripped apart the designs as soon as they emerged, I complained about how everything looked like Bionicles. I knew this would make for interesting toys since the translation to 3d was going to be awesome, but though I grew to like the designs, I did not like them for MONTHS before the movie started. When I saw the designs in motion, that's when I thought to myself, "well alright, this might actually turn out really good".

ArchieViper
10-31-2008, 11:07 PM
Yeah, let's get back on topic. Lorenzo Di Bonaventura is a douche bag producer who everytime he gives an interview says this movie is for the fans and then turns around and says Cobra Commanders hood is too KKK-ish.
I wanna know where in the comics did SE and SS train together as children? Maybe the Sigma6 universe but not the comic.

spacemonkeymafia
10-31-2008, 11:45 PM
When it comes down to it, whether it sucks will depend on whether you like it, someone else might love it but you might hate it. For example I loved Spiderman 3 and Superman Returns, but hated X-Men 3.

Well as I said this is just me here because I cant answer for all....but these are my feelings and I was proven right that those movies sucked in my eyes....

I'm not crying. I can also ask why people feel the need to bash the movie in every single thread about the movie, a lot of times throwing the thread off topic. It is beating a dead horse. For example if we have a thread about Snake Eyes' movie costume, I am certain we will see someone say "OMG Ripcord is black!", and complain about it, yet it has nothing to do with Snake Eyes' movie costume.

I wasnt saying you were crying just some people feel the need to and I think I said not you Shin in my post...And I can ask why people feel the need to complain over and over about movie Bashers....just as there is a pro there will be a negative.....Good, Evil.....so whats the use.....why every thread has movie bashers....well because other people out there feel the same way I do.....

No one is complaining that you are. I'm worried about how the movie will turn out from his direction too, as a matter of fact, that is the main thing I am worried about, not the continuity breaking, et al. I really hope that taking fan's considerations into account regarding the comics does not get in the way of making a great movie.

Ok glad we both agree with this also.....

I learned from Transformers not to condemn a movie until after I see it. I loved the movie, I know some of you hated it, but I liked it(but hated some aspects of it, it definitely could have been better than it turned out).
There might not be names explicitly stated, but it is obvious that the categories that any member talking about the movie is either a movie hater/basher or movie lover(or some other name you guys came up with). Neither side takes into account the people that are willing to watch the movie first before making a decision. There are a lot of things that I do not like about the movie that I have stated numerous times before, but I am still waiting it out. If you take into account everything we have seen so far, whether it be the numerous leaked scripts(some of which were old or fake), the cast pictures in costume, the Rock Slide toy, etc, we haven't seen much. I also wish for a trailer before the end of the year, yet taking into account what happened with Transformers, I did not have faith in that movie until I saw the prototype protoform Optimus Prime toy in summer 06(that figure rules), and the only trailer that gave me hope was the third one, the first one was lackluster, barely showed anything, but the third one gave me a taste of what I would see, and I ended up liking that movie. So even if we do see a trailer for Rise of Cobra, it might not be until the third or fourth trailer that we see something awesome.

But as you were a hater who liked the final product.....I was a hater who didnt....so to me and yes Im few and far on this one it wasnt that good.........Cullens Voice was pretty sweet to hear....but thats it for me.......But yes movies have turned me into a believer with the trailer.......and as I sad if Im wrong Ill be the first to give Glory to one kick ass movie....

Honestly what upsets me more is threads being off topic as shown in my example referring to Snake Eyes' costume. It is like reading the TF boards during 2006 when every thread about a leak always had pages full of whining, even if it had nothing to do with the topic. Some stunt double could be announced and in the thread there was bound to be a "THIS MOVIE WILL SUCK" post, just because it was a movie thread.

Lol yes I admit those can be kinda nerve shattering sometimes even I grow sick of it.....Ive never derailed a thread on the movie....others I have and Im sorry for....but yes I know what you mean....

I ripped apart the designs as soon as they emerged, I complained about how everything looked like Bionicles. I knew this would make for interesting toys since the translation to 3d was going to be awesome, but though I grew to like the designs, I did not like them for MONTHS before the movie started. When I saw the designs in motion, that's when I thought to myself, "well alright, this might actually turn out really good".

Again you know how I felt.....

miscreant
11-02-2008, 06:27 AM
....will take the movie to the next level..

I'm trying to stay in the movie neutral camp, but the phrase take it to the next level is such a lazy cliche.

Tall Creeper
11-04-2008, 03:12 PM
I will be going into this movie with an open mind and trying to keep my expectations down as I don't want to go into it demanding that movie be a home run which what I think many are doing.
I have loved G.I.Joe since it came out for me in 82 (I understand the bigger version predates that) I also remember being let down by the cartoon movie which I had set lofty goals for. I think we all have hoped for a long time that this project get made, and it is easy to find fault with it for whatever reason.

I am just going think happy thoughts and stay neutral. The comic and my imagination are what I always think of for the Joes I grew up with.
I am glad to be able to share something I loved as a kid with my friends and families children so they can have the fun experience of G.I. Joe