PDA

View Full Version : Reattaching old joe stickers

storm-shadow-md
03-28-2012, 12:00 PM
I am working on building a complete night striker. I have 3 shells and quite a few parts. One day, I should be able to build at least 1 complete striker.

The 3 shells all have stickers in various states. Some look good, others are scratched up and others are falling off. I would like to remove the best ones and reattach them to one night striker... giving it all the best stickers. That way, I'll have at least 1 nice looking night striker.

Has anyone removed stickers like this before? What is the best way? Also, how did you reattach them? I have thought about double sided tape or rubber cement.

You can get replica stickers... but I want mine to be glow in the dark. I know this place it full of great Joe knowledge... so thanks in advance for any help!

Zarana X
03-28-2012, 03:23 PM
Cleaning any goo off the backing and using double-sided tape is probably your best bet.

firefox91
03-28-2012, 07:31 PM
I had some success with reusing old stickers with some adheasive I got at Wal-mart a long time ago. I can't remember the name now but it was in the arts + crafts area. It was a small white bottle with a dabbing applicator. It dried clear so it worked well on clear stickers. Night Force stickers should be no problem. Sorry I don't know the name but at least you can keep an eye out for that stuff.

storm-shadow-md
03-29-2012, 11:02 AM
I had some success with reusing old stickers with some adheasive I got at Wal-mart a long time ago. I can't remember the name now but it was in the arts + crafts area. It was a small white bottle with a dabbing applicator. It dried clear so it worked well on clear stickers. Night Force stickers should be no problem. Sorry I don't know the name but at least you can keep an eye out for that stuff.

Thanks for the heads up Firefox. That sounds promising. I wonder if it is like rubber cement? I was an art major in college, and used that stuff a lot to attach my projects to mat board. I'll keep an eye out for it!