PDA

View Full Version : Are they ever going to release more Renegades figures?

CobraScream
03-18-2012, 11:41 AM
We are missing several key characters from the Show.

Are they ever going to release more Renegades figures?

Roadblock
Mindbender
Baroness
Destro
Flint
Lift Ticket
Heavy Duty
Wild Bill
Lady Jaye

And the list goes on and on.

Have we seen the last of GI JOE Renegades?

emags
03-18-2012, 12:36 PM
I obviously do not know, but I certainly hope this is it. I'm not a fan of the cartoony look. I'd rather see Hasbro focus on the unproduced ARAH figs....Iceberg, Frostbite, Tollbooth, etc, etc. I really do not need any more versions of Destro, the Baroness, Roadblock, etc. That's just me.

Nictus
03-18-2012, 01:01 PM
i don't think anymore are going to appear considering the show is no more, unless they make a new cartoon and the characters return with the same look...but that's highly doubtful

Troops of Doom
03-18-2012, 01:12 PM
i don't think anymore are going to appear considering the show is no more, unless they make a new cartoon and the characters return with the same look...but that's highly doubtful

That shouldn't affect anything, considering Hasbro released the other Renegades figures after the show was canceled anyway. Hasbro has released figures from the 80s cartoon, Resolute, Marvel comics and Devil's Due after they've all been canceled too. So there's still hope.

SonOfMindbender
03-18-2012, 01:19 PM

I would agree, let's face it... the other Renegades figures aren't exactly flying off the shelves (Storm Shadow being the exception). If a 7 pack of figures for the true fans of the show came out, I wouldn't complain. I wouldn't buy it, but I wouldn't complain.

poddie
03-18-2012, 01:25 PM
I's buy it, but I don't think it will happen either.

Unless they had already tooled the other characters before plans were scrapped to make room for Retaliation's date change.

But I doubt it.

I didn't really like the character designs on the show, but I thought the figures were a bit more realistic and came out pretty well. And the show is growing on me...

tkprime
03-18-2012, 02:18 PM
These should at the very least be a retail exclusive....C'MON HASBRO....MAKE IT HAPPEN!!!!!

gunslingercbr
03-18-2012, 03:01 PM
We are missing several key characters from the Show.

Roadblock
Mindbender
Baroness
Destro
Flint
Lift Ticket
Heavy Duty
Wild Bill
Lady Jaye

And the list goes on and on.

Have we seen the last of GI JOE Renegades?
when and why would they release more Renegades figures if there is no more cartoon?

2012 will be about leveraging the movie. that means Retaliation branded through early 2013, so no Renegades figures until then at the earliest.

now, Hasbro is undoubtedly planning figures with the success of Retaliation in mind, much like they did with ROC, to follow that up. and that likely isn't Renegades.

but let's be conservative and say Hasbro MAY even consider creating new Renegades figures for the end of 2013. you have to ask yourself WHY would they do that? the cartoon would have ended 2 years prior and the Renegades would be absolutely irrelevant in the marketplace.

unless Hasbro resumes the Renegades series, why would they even think about making more Renegades figures for a dead brand?

gunslingercbr
03-18-2012, 03:01 PM
These should at the very least be a retail exclusive....C'MON HASBRO....MAKE IT HAPPEN!!!!!

why would a retailer want them?

BIGJIM
03-18-2012, 03:03 PM

I hope not.

redx24
03-18-2012, 03:06 PM
they really needed a roadblock if ur not gonna finish the team why make the others.

Griff
03-18-2012, 03:08 PM
I doubt it....hoenstly im suprised we got the ones we did..but i certainly would nto object to more renegades stuff.

fireflyguy
03-18-2012, 03:11 PM
I was hopeful at first that they would because I wanted a whole collection of the Renegades figures. But I think it looks doubtful at this point. I sorta expected that they would release the remaining figures in the 7 packs, but we got what we got instead. It may be possible we get some in a 7 pack or 2 at the end of this year, but again, I'm not betting anything on it.

Indiana Joe
03-18-2012, 03:44 PM
I would think that some prototypes of roadblock and the barroness were made as they were main characters (more than ripcord and firefly)on the show. Right They could still mix them in with the movie figures like they did with poc line. I want an Adam DeCobra figure damn-it !

ChaplainAsst
03-18-2012, 03:48 PM
I doubt it. The most successful of these figures had cameo appearances - Law and Order, Airtight, etc. Even SS had a small role in the cartoon.

CVdelgado
03-18-2012, 03:49 PM
i dont want any more, well maybe a shipwreck. i didnt buy any, accept the storm shadow, law and order and airtight. obviously because they fit with my arah joe stuff.

i may pick up a tunnel rat someday.

i do have 3 cobra troopers looking to trade for some zombies. hollatchaboy.

dpstro
03-18-2012, 03:53 PM
I obviously do not know, but I certainly hope this is it. I'm not a fan of the cartoony look. I'd rather see Hasbro focus on the unproduced ARAH figs....Iceberg, Frostbite, Tollbooth, etc, etc. I really do not need any more versions of Destro, the Baroness, Roadblock, etc. That's just me.

I agree unless they are the sunbow versions.

youdoitimbusy
03-18-2012, 04:18 PM
I consulted with Jesus this morning and he said no. Are you calling Jesus a liar?

bassistcarlos
03-18-2012, 04:32 PM
I would like to see a 7 pack. Out of the above figures, I could do without wild bill and lift ticket.

Crazy Legs
03-18-2012, 04:58 PM
It would be cool if they pick up on the designs after the Retaliation stuff is done. I would really love to see a new design for a Lady Jaye figure.

MeLikeJinx
03-18-2012, 05:22 PM
I would really love to see a new design for a Lady Jaye figure.
Me too! The only figure I would want is Renegades Lady Jaye. I would prefer Resolute Lady Jaye though... or any new modern-ish Lady Jaye with her cap look.

ero
03-21-2013, 07:08 PM
Just taking the temperature of the fanbase here a year past ...

Now that we've seen the concept case, etc., but also heard that nothing is scheduled for TV in 2014, what are we thinking?

TheRealDubya
03-21-2013, 07:20 PM
I've moved on, personally.

Irid70
03-21-2013, 07:53 PM
I would buy every single Renegades character and vehicle. Period.

But I don't think that any are forthcoming.

Mr Hebime
03-21-2013, 07:57 PM
Being the completist that I am, I would definately pick up more Renegades figures if they were released. You never know, Hasbro may throw out another Amazon 4 pack like they did last year.

fireflyguy
03-21-2013, 08:01 PM
I always thought the possibility existed that bbts maybe would release a couple of 7packs - one cobra and one Joe - like they did for resolute. But outside of that, I really don't see it happening.

AnimatedPlastic
03-21-2013, 08:03 PM
I hope we see them. I didn't like the artwork at first, but I watched the entire series and I think it's a great show that was cut short because of Retaliation...which got postponed...

I still don't understand the DVD release. I bought what I think is the entire season, but I've seen 2 different sets, a Volume 2?

footloose
03-21-2013, 08:29 PM
when and why would they release more Renegades figures if there is no more cartoon?

if that's the case why are they still making gi joe figs at all

Owner of a Lonely B.A.T.
03-21-2013, 08:49 PM
I kinda hope since Hasbro likelt are not going to give us those in some form that we get them via club of a Joecon set.

stillagijoefan
03-21-2013, 08:56 PM
The future of the brand seems a bit up in the air. Without a TV show to support the renegade line, i highly doubt it. If the movie does well, and i think it will, i think more sequels, and movie toy lines will follow. i wonder if they would make a renegade based movie

Python_Puckman
03-21-2013, 09:01 PM
I just hope they release 1 more wave that consists only of Renegades Storm Shadows

minstrelboy
03-21-2013, 09:05 PM
I'd like to see more - figures and cartoons. Since there were some unproduced vehicles shown to us, Hasbro may use them in some form in the future.

Griff
03-21-2013, 09:11 PM
Unless a sdcc or con exclusive of some kind there wont be anymore renegades figures.