PDA

View Full Version : Got my ASA DVD set today and now I'm sad.

MrClean
10-10-2008, 09:16 PM
Okay, not really sad, but a little irritated. Got in my HTS order today. The figure I was most looking forward to was Dusty, and as luck (and bad QC) would have it, he's missing his webgear. Crap.
anyone else have this happen?
Oh, and for those who have asked in other threads, his helmet DOES come off. Just give it a pull, the paint sticks.
Is Dusty planned for any single carded release? I really want to use this body for both a Falcon and Recondo custom, but don't want to spring for a dvd pack everytime.

TheMonsterSquad
10-10-2008, 09:21 PM
Mine came with no web gear, But thats the way he comes. I am more upset with Quick Kick, as that is the figure that I was most looking forward to. Snake Eyes quality is Horrible, his legs bend every way but straight.

NeilJam
10-10-2008, 09:24 PM
Many people who ordered this set have reported getting Dusty without the shoulder harness. Mine was also missing this piece.

I think the real question is: Did anyone get a Dusty that DOES have the shoulder harness shown in the pictures on HTS?

mister-x
10-10-2008, 09:25 PM
anyone seen those in stores yet? (new dvd packs)

TheMonsterSquad
10-10-2008, 09:33 PM
Mine does not include the shoulder harness as pictured in HTS. That's prob. just a stock pick hasbro uses to lure us in.

MrClean
10-10-2008, 09:45 PM
So maybe mine wasn't missing his harness due to bad QC, but rather none of them came with it? Well, now I'd like to also know if anyone has gotten one with the harness.
It's a great figure, but I just hate those "magic" backpacks that stay on for no reason, like Quick-Kick's. The harness just makes sense.

NeilJam
10-10-2008, 09:56 PM
So maybe mine wasn't missing his harness due to bad QC, but rather none of them came with it? Well, now I'd like to also know if anyone has gotten one with the harness.
It's a great figure, but I just hate those "magic" backpacks that stay on for no reason, like Quick-Kick's. The harness just makes sense.

You're not alone. I don't like the backpacks with no webgear to look like there is something to hold the pack on. I want to figure out how to make straps to add to figures like Bazooka and General Hawk to fix those "magic" backpacks. Quick Kick's is the worst though. For anyone else you could say there is something under their shirt of jacket, but his would just be secured to his bare back (that would have to hurt) since it is so far over from the sash going over his shoulder. I won't put the backpack on him until I can figure out something to fix this problem, or someone else finds a solution to it that I can copy.

CaptainDinobot
10-10-2008, 09:57 PM

I guess thats good news and bad news.

Rivan01
10-10-2008, 10:04 PM
Mine came with the shoulder harness. can somebody post a pic so we can see it with the missing piece?

Dark 5cythe
10-10-2008, 10:05 PM
I got 3 sets of these new dvd packs, and NONE of them had webgear for dusty. So, i dont think he gets any. The original toy didnt have any either.

teemu8
10-10-2008, 10:06 PM
doesnt dusty have straps molded/glued on his outfit?? what harness you talking about?

Dark 5cythe
10-10-2008, 10:07 PM
*runs off to go check vintage dusty*

Dark 5cythe
10-10-2008, 10:08 PM
you're right, he does have little black straps near his armpits. and on his back.

DAMN YOU HASBRO! No i feel ripped off and confused lol. but im gonna stick with none of them having it.

I want to see pics of anyone who did have it.

yoyoyojoe
10-10-2008, 10:08 PM
Many people who ordered this set have reported getting Dusty without the shoulder harness. Mine was also missing this piece.

I think the real question is: Did anyone get a Dusty that DOES have the shoulder harness shown in the pictures on HTS?

I got my ASA dvd pack from HTS and my Dusty has the shoulder harness and his webgear.

1SGHauser
10-10-2008, 10:10 PM
I didn't have any on my figure, though it's only a minor exclusion IMO. I love the DVD packs and look forward to more...granted there is only a finite ammount of cartoon to choose from, but still. I think they're a great addition to a great line.

The webgear aside, my nit-pick with Dusty is his color. I wish they stuck true to the original design instead of the more modern desert camo...but still a great figure.

1SGHauser
10-10-2008, 10:12 PM
I got my ASA dvd pack from HTS and my Dusty has the shoulder harness and his webgear.

Now seeing it I want a Dusty with web gear. Guess I'll have to wait to see them in the brick and mortars, I'm not going to blindly order one again.

Rivan01
10-10-2008, 10:13 PM
Here's mine with the harness

RockinHard
10-10-2008, 10:23 PM
God, I hate that cloth head piece. For the 300th time, why couldn't we have gotten the one from the convention?

yoyoyojoe
10-10-2008, 10:25 PM
On a side note, I got my 2 extreme weather condition arctic packs from bbts today and one snow serpent does not have his visor. Lousy QC from Hasblown!

Steel Brigade
10-10-2008, 10:28 PM
I got mine from HTS & it has the harness... Check it.

http://i24.photobucket.com/albums/c44/teelamotu/GI%20Joe/DVDBATTLES3410908.jpg

MrClean
10-10-2008, 10:49 PM
I guess that answers the question then. It's definitely bad QC, and not just mine. Too bad too, because Dusty is such a great figure.

SNAKE EYES
10-10-2008, 11:15 PM
Here is a link to some pics of Dusty from the Tank:
GI Joe DVD Battle Pack Dusty Images - GI Joe News (http://www.hisstank.com/gi-joe-news/25th-anniversary-3/gi-joe-dvd-battle-pack-dusty-images-7583/)

1SGHauser
10-10-2008, 11:17 PM
Here is a link to some pics of Dusty from the Tank:
GI Joe DVD Battle Pack Dusty Images - GI Joe News (http://www.hisstank.com/gi-joe-news/25th-anniversary-3/gi-joe-dvd-battle-pack-dusty-images-7583/)

Man...Now I'm bummed. looks like I'll be needing to find one on eBay or someone who has one to spare.

Saboteur
10-10-2008, 11:19 PM
I didn't have any on my figure, though it's only a minor exclusion IMO. I love the DVD packs and look forward to more...granted there is only a finite ammount of cartoon to choose from, but still. I think they're a great addition to a great line.

The webgear aside, my nit-pick with Dusty is his color. I wish they stuck true to the original design instead of the more modern desert camo...but still a great figure.

Me too. The camo and the dark cloth on his helmet are what ruined the figure to me. I can live without the harness.
Some are getting the harness and others are not. I guess Hasbro's little elves in the factory are not paying attention sometimes.
Sab

Ordunez83
10-10-2008, 11:26 PM
Minds is missing the shoulder harness thats sucks we should write a letter...

VIPER 48
10-10-2008, 11:35 PM
Mine has the harness as well...

arashikage storm
10-10-2008, 11:37 PM
Looks like a genuine variant! I am happy, as mine has the harness. I got mine from the collectors club. Now i really cant waitfor the fifth pack. I want my Alpine, and chrome CC!!!

Octane
10-10-2008, 11:37 PM
Mine has the harness too.

The Commander
10-11-2008, 12:00 AM

Hence why it's called 'Modern Era' now...

1SGHauser
10-11-2008, 12:08 AM
Hence why it's called 'Modern Era' now...

True, but this is suppposed to be cartoon accurate as is the rest of the figures included with the set.

So the whole "Modern era" schtick doesn't apply here. Additionally, what bazooka trooper wears a Red footbal jersey in today's modern military? Appreciate the candor though.

RockinHard
10-11-2008, 12:09 AM
True, but this is suppposed to be cartoon accurate as is the rest of the figures included with the set.

So the whole "Modern era" schtick doesn't apply here. Appreciate the candor though.
Exactly.

Monkeywrench
10-11-2008, 01:12 AM
Mine came with the harness

jcast
10-11-2008, 01:28 AM
what bazooka trooper wears a Red footbal jersey in today's modern military?

Have you seen the way Special Ops guys in Afghanistan are dressed? a football jersey wouldn't surprise me.

1SGHauser
10-11-2008, 01:34 AM
Have you seen the way Special Ops guys in Afghanistan are dressed? a football jersey wouldn't surprise me.

Haven't spent too much time in Afghanistan, no. All I'm saying is that this line is ficticious thus negating anything 'real' about it.

I love the new Dusty figure, don't get me wrong. I just prefer his cartoon look.

Acrizer
10-11-2008, 01:40 AM
I prefer they weren't cartoon looks, myself. But we all have our preferences.

CrimsonGuard101
10-11-2008, 01:51 AM
Yup, just checked mine and he has the harness over his shoulders

xhairs
10-11-2008, 01:56 AM
can we see pics of the one with out the gear.

DrKain
10-11-2008, 03:09 AM
What is web gear?

Anyway, how are these shipping from there when they aren't supposed to be out until Nov?

Sergeant Slaughter
10-11-2008, 03:14 AM
Well all Joe backpacks magically stayed on in the 80's.

butter_the_pure
10-11-2008, 03:21 AM
Well all Joe backpacks magically stayed on in the 80's.

yes, it had something to do with Reaganomics.

Cobra88
10-11-2008, 03:21 AM
I got mine today , he came with no belts! but did come with that cloth thing connected to his helmut.

jack138
10-11-2008, 03:22 AM
reaganomics, and the backpacks costing 138,000 bucks apiece.

FreddyTV
10-11-2008, 03:46 AM
so far we have pics with the backpack straps but i have yet to have seen a pic of dusty without the straps...anyone???

slim19722
10-11-2008, 04:40 AM
Got all 4 dvd packs today from HTS and my Dusty has no straps/web gear either. SE was warped in the legs, so I just put him in boiling water and the legs straightened out.

Barefoot Jedi
10-11-2008, 04:55 AM
I just opened mine, mine has the straps.

I posted recently about my FANG not having a rollbar. I guess it pays these days to inspect your Joes before you buy them. Course it wouldn't have helped me in this case, I got these from HTS.

Back in the day, any character who had a backpack had a "JUMP" unit by default, so Destro and Zartan could fly around thanks to the power of their briefcases and makeup kits, respectively.

G.I.Eddie
10-11-2008, 11:14 AM
no magic backpack for my Dusty

DarthBrett
10-11-2008, 12:48 PM
I bought an extra Dusty on ebay for my Falcon custom and he came with his backpack straps. I have a DVD set pre-ordered on BBTS so I guess I'll see if that Dusty has his web-gear whenever I end up shipping it.

BTW, I think you can contact Hasbro on that one to get the part. It sounds like this is a pretty widespread problem so I'm sure they'll be fulfilling a lot of people's requests for this.

MrClean
10-11-2008, 01:00 PM
I was considering contacting Hasbro about a replacement part. Does anyone know the contact #/email/address to request one?
Hey, DarthBrett, if you end up with an extra one, let me know if you're up for a part trade.

Steinberg
10-11-2008, 01:23 PM

That would have given us trickle down backpacks.

AirborneRigger
10-11-2008, 01:29 PM
I was considering contacting Hasbro about a replacement part. Does anyone know the contact #/email/address to request one?
Hey, DarthBrett, if you end up with an extra one, let me know if you're up for a part trade.

You have to go to Hasbro's web site and contact them about it. They won't just send you the straps though. You'll have to send the entire DVD set back to them. It's really not worth the hassle. Wait until they come out in stores and buy a set that Dusty has his straps and return the other one.

Hicks_Royel
10-11-2008, 07:49 PM
You have to go to Hasbro's web site and contact them about it. They won't just send you the straps though. You'll have to send the entire DVD set back to them. It's really not worth the hassle. Wait until they come out in stores and buy a set that Dusty has his straps and return the other one.
Especially considering that if you do send in your kit, they can replace the set with equal or greater value set-ups and often don't replace it with the same item... odds are you'd wind up with one of the first two sets.

Jedi_Master_Ben
10-11-2008, 08:29 PM
Got my two DVD sets and what little wave 10 figures today from HTS. You can add me to the list of Dusty with harness gear. Sorry to hear that his is happening. Even if you don't want to send back the set to Hasbro for another one, at least report the problem to them so they can address it with the factory. I did that with the Gung-Ho figure with the arms backwards and they fixed that (or at least the set I got was fixed). I wish you all luck with this.

rizz
10-11-2008, 08:41 PM
I was wondering if anyone can post a picture of Dusty from the back, with straps, but without the backpack? I am curious to see how the straps come together (that is, if it does, and if it is not attached to the backpack somehow).

I should have pre-ordered these like I did with the first... now I am waiting forever to see them in stores.

JR0d28
10-11-2008, 08:43 PM
I want a set myself not even here where I am at.

Killjoy
10-11-2008, 08:44 PM
No straps for mine...

1SGHauser
10-11-2008, 09:51 PM
Since Hasbro couldn't find it in the collective minds (well, the packing and distributing plant anyway) to add Duty's webgear to my DVD pack, I decided to make my own...

A couple of black Snake Eyes bags later and poof...Webgear problem solved.

And yes, his helemt is designed to come off. It may be stuck either due to paint apps or the glue used to attach the soft good to the helmet.

MrClean
10-12-2008, 09:28 AM
I just ended up giving mine the brown gear from one of the greenshirts. Looks pretty good too, imo.

mikeTime
10-12-2008, 10:06 AM
On a side note, I got my 2 extreme weather condition arctic packs from bbts today and one snow serpent does not have his visor. Lousy QC from Hasblown!

Could it be floating around the package?

Butters there you go again with your 80's dogma. lol

I'm sorry yo hear that so many of you were jipped from Hasbro QC.

Unclassified
10-12-2008, 10:48 AM
both mine got the straps! thats f'd up for those of you that dont have it! i would complain to the company you got it from, i doubt complainin to hasbro will do any justice

SNAKE EYES
10-12-2008, 01:24 PM
Even if you don't want to send back the set to Hasbro for another one, at least report the problem to them so they can address it with the factory. I did that with the Gung-Ho figure with the arms backwards and they fixed that (or at least the set I got was fixed). I wish you all luck with this.

Did they make you send the whole Anniversary 5 pack back or just Gung Ho?

cmderinchief
10-12-2008, 02:52 PM
Great figure IMO. Anyone notice the extra waist articulation?

Dark 5cythe
10-13-2008, 12:49 AM
another check on my packs shows they did have a harness. Guess i didnt notice it since they are small around his arms.

NeilJam
10-13-2008, 01:05 PM
Great figure IMO. Anyone notice the extra waist articulation?

I know someone mentioned that on here, but it may have been in a different thread. The one problem I've noticed with the added articulation that allows him to turn at the waist is if you turn the waist too far it starts to make the bottom part of his shirt come off around the waist.

Sgt. Kayfabe
10-13-2008, 01:25 PM
Mine have the harness.

Jedi_Master_Ben
10-13-2008, 01:41 PM
Did they make you send the whole Anniversary 5 pack back or just Gung Ho?

No, I just saw them at the 2007 JoeCon in Atlanta and told them about it. A few months later, I picked up a set for custom fodder and the arms were in the correct possition. To me this was Big H listening to us and making the corrections, in my opinion. The same could be said with this this set. It could be an oversight and they had corrected in mid production. I would still contact them and report it, they may already know this but more voices speak out, the chances of them to corret this is greater.

tuan_tran73
10-13-2008, 03:00 PM
I smell variant.

NeilJam
10-13-2008, 03:39 PM
I smell variant.

I call this an error, not a variant.

nighthawk
10-14-2008, 11:23 AM
Mine has no strap and being in Canada, that totally sucks cause they'll never go on clearance and I can't pay $30 for another set just to get Dusty either :(

Hicks_Royel
10-14-2008, 02:53 PM
Mine's missing the straps around the shoulders as well. Better not be a cost cutting move phased into the set because I'd like to find one with the shoulder straps later on.

slim19722
10-14-2008, 03:30 PM
Same thing happened with the Star Wars Darth Talon/Cade Skywalker CP pack. Cade wasn't packaged with his lightsaber & hilt, but Hasbro quickly corrected that. Unfortunately the packs finally hit my area and I got the saberless one, just like I got the strapless Dusty.

Bionic Commando
10-14-2008, 03:54 PM
Damn all you harness owners >:( maybe I'll just paint one on with nail polish 0_o

kingphilbert
10-15-2008, 01:38 PM
Another web-gear-less Dusty here from an order shipped from BBTS. Now to watch for them to actually arrive in my area. Not that I need and extra anyone else included in that set.

Faceless
10-17-2008, 04:54 PM
Just got mine from BBTS 2 ASA dvd packs and both were missing the harness. I also got 2 POD dvd sets and one Quick Kick had two left arms.

And on a side note, Just to show hasbro isn't the only ones out there with bad QC, I got a Henkei import Thundercracker by Takara. It had 2 lower right arms, loose wings and the guns on the arms won't stay in.

nighthawk
10-17-2008, 04:58 PM
Well, I checked out another local specialty toystore up here in Canada and they had about 5 ASA packs and all 5 of them do not have the harness on Dusty. I think they are from Diamond.

Freekarrtt
10-17-2008, 09:24 PM
Yeah mine came without a harness, I quickly rectified this by giving him some extra webgear from some of my Green shirts. He looks awesome, although the gear is a tight fit.

MrClean
10-17-2008, 09:41 PM
Yeah mine came without a harness, I quickly rectified this by giving him some extra webgear from some of my Green shirts. He looks awesome, although the gear is a tight fit.

Exactly what I did too - and I think it looks great! I also toyed around with "Desert" Major Bludd's scarf on Dusty. It works pretty well.

NeilJam
10-17-2008, 09:54 PM
I gave Dusty SE's webgear (from the first Joe 5 pack) as a temporary fix. It's not a perfect fit, but I guess it will do for now.

teemu8
10-17-2008, 09:58 PM
so the harness dusty is the new "rare" piece like the yellow stalker? running change perhaps?

nic28
10-20-2008, 07:19 PM
i got my asa dvd set today and my dusty DOES NOT HAVE THE WEBGEAR!

fdny71
10-20-2008, 08:23 PM
I got 5 of each set from HTS. 4 had the harness, 1 did not. The one that didn't have it is also missing the webgear for Serpentor (the snake-like piece that goes around the chest).

nighthawk
10-20-2008, 08:26 PM
*sigh*...anyone write to Hasbro yet? I live in Canada so it's kinda pointless for me.

Fast_Draw
10-27-2008, 01:49 PM
just got my order from BBTS today and my Dusty has the web gear.

Lifeline_MD
10-27-2008, 02:16 PM
Nope, Dusty doesn't have any webgear in this edition.

Lifeline_MD
10-27-2008, 02:17 PM
*sigh*...anyone write to Hasbro yet? I live in Canada so it's kinda pointless for me.

Actually Nighthawk, if you have comic stores near you, they probably have the DVD sets already. I picked up mine the first of the month.

EDIT: what part of Canada?

TheRealDubya
11-01-2008, 06:49 PM
Mine was missing the straps (HTS purchase.) Send Hasbro an email. I'll let you all know what they say.

Black Rose
11-01-2008, 07:05 PM
Mine had the straps. I ordered from HTS.

1SGHauser
11-02-2008, 07:36 AM
Mine didn't have the straps either....as earlier posted. When I contacted Hasbro, they said that they do not mail out peices but rather whole items. In order to get Dusty with the straps you have to send back your whole DVD pack and get a new one.

Just make some custom straps and save yourself the trouble.

darthdoug
11-02-2008, 07:52 AM
Here's mine with the harness

I don't have this yet (will get among the millions that will hit the shelves) this way I can be sure to get the web gear. I don't have a major issue with the color scheme of his camo. But the soft goods on his helmet just piss me off. Why did they go with such a dark color? It looks pretty crappy. Looks like a custom job gone wrong!

G.I.Eddie
11-02-2008, 10:39 AM
Exactly what I did too - and I think it looks great! I also toyed around with "Desert" Major Bludd's scarf on Dusty. It works pretty well.

i too did this with Bludds scarf and it looks like it was intended to be a Dusty option...the color is a perfect match...also, the tan webgear from the Battle pack Stalker looks great on Dusty too as does Crankcases brown webgear...although my Dusty came with the correct harness these other ones look nice too

shawntur
11-02-2008, 10:51 AM
I just went and checked mine and it does have the straps. I got mine from bbts.

mswi
11-02-2008, 10:54 AM
I got mine from bbts and it did have the harness

Griff
11-02-2008, 11:13 AM

My dusty has the web gear but his legs and lower waist are hella loose? anyone elses dusty have wobbly legs and lower waist?

Tazocin
11-03-2008, 02:09 PM
exactly what does his harness looks like?

TARGETSIX
11-03-2008, 02:20 PM
ordered two from hrs one had harness one did not. Dusty is a great figure... twice as good with the harness. if yours doesn't have it, you should be very, very dissapointed b/c you really missed out.

Tazocin
11-03-2008, 02:23 PM
ordered two from hrs one had harness one did not. Dusty is a great figure... twice as good with the harness. if yours doesn't have it, you should be very, very dissapointed b/c you really missed out.

can you post some pics? if you dont mind. :) thanks.

Outbackk
11-03-2008, 02:30 PM
I received both ASA and POD in the mail last Friday and I can say with great confidence that I'm happy with this bunch!

Snake Eyes: I don't mind the purple. He is front of the display at mi casa.

Quick Kick: The bad paint apps can be fixed along with the Oompa-Loompa skin but the hand limits things a bit. Still, he does add a little variety to the Joe line up.

Maj. Bludd: My new go to Bludd. Outside of his crazy eye that I'll need to repaint, he is soooo much better than the single card. Now you can actually see his teeth and the torso seems to fit him quite nicely.

CC: Traded - did need'em

Dusty: No web gear...no problem. He still is a huge upgrade in my book. The articulation is nice and the gear is true to the OG Dusty. He is a solid figure and is quickly becoming my favorite in the line.

Serpy: Much better but will be amazing after a "Badgumbo" upgrade!

Red Faced Bat: He IS a BAT...which in my book is a great thing!

Skeleton: Can't win them all.

Mandingo Rex
11-03-2008, 02:32 PM
I got one set from BBTS, and both my Dusty and Quick Kicks were messed up.

I got a second set from HTS, and they were perfect! Including the BOX! So I am refraining from opening it, and will wait for retail to get these so I can swap out my bad BBTS set so I can finally get an opener.

The one from HTS has great paint apps on QK and Dusty has his harness... I was glad, but the box is in such good condition, I don't want to open it.

I thought about returning the BBTS set to HTS and see if they'd send me a set that doesn't suck, but I don't know about that, may just wait on retail like I planned all along.

I REALLY wanna open these guys though.

Copper21
11-03-2008, 02:34 PM
Mine came from HTS. He HAS webgear...hmmmm....

Hicks_Royel
11-03-2008, 02:40 PM
Bought a second set through HTS and Dusty had his web gear. Sadly, Serpentor had two right feet. Fortunately, he was quickly cannibalized to make a decent Serpentor out of the original release.

Tazocin
11-03-2008, 02:44 PM
damn. seems like these battle packs are have sooooooo much problems and errors.

i hear someone also posted here that his QK got 2 left hands or 2 right hands.

now this time, hasbro totally blew it. :(

Jambi
11-03-2008, 02:44 PM
I can't explain why but the POD Snake Eyes id my favorite out of all 10 that have been issued. He looks great. I received an ASA Dusty w/o the shoulder straps.

BadWolf
11-03-2008, 03:11 PM
I think thats why hasbro is forcing people to order the new stuff online, because if we saw it in the store beforehand we wouldn't buy it!

Gunzlingr
11-03-2008, 03:12 PM
My Dusty is like my wife's favorite bra ----- strapless.

Tazocin
11-03-2008, 10:02 PM
loool. bbts now changed the ASA description on Dusty after i emailed them. lol.

rizz
11-04-2008, 09:37 AM
It that really true though? Are all BBTS DVD-pack Dusty's strapless? I received mine from HTS last week and it had straps. I wonder if it was a first-run mess up and was corrected it the following runs.

buddystalin
11-04-2008, 01:18 PM
No webgear on mine from HTS.

Dammit.

Tazocin
11-05-2008, 07:59 AM
rizz, not all from bbts are the "strapless" Dusty. its more like 50-50 chance of getting one and not.

rizz
11-05-2008, 09:13 AM
Well, I was going to say that BBTS's wording on the set made it sound like none of their packs will come with straps... but it appears that they changed their wording again, so it does matter.

From BBTS website: "*****NOTE - The "Arise Serpentor Arise" sets that we have received are mostly the webstrap-less backpack for Dusty, but a few do have the webstrap backpack. These will be randomly filled - sorry, no choice."

That is not what it said yesterday, at least not on the description for the single ASA pack (which has no note now). The bottom line... if you are worried about getting the straps, wait for the retail stores.

Tazocin
11-05-2008, 10:16 AM
yup. retails store is the option. atleast you get to choose for better paint aps and all.

spacemonkeymafia
11-05-2008, 10:26 AM
OR you could just be ok with out Straps.....You know its not the end of the world here........They serve no point hold no guns.....do nothing at all..........You wanted Dusty and you have him just freaking be happy for once.........my Dusty is strapless......but its ok because its still a GREAT Fig.....

Tazocin
11-05-2008, 12:24 PM
it doesnt look good w/out the straps (for me)

but, im sooo sure like 101% that im getting a Dusty with strap.

LOL!

sgt.bludhound
11-05-2008, 12:32 PM
wow, I got lucky! I got my order from HTS and he came with the webgear!

Cobra Invasor
11-05-2008, 12:52 PM
Mine also came with the webgear. I bought it from BBTS.

Tazocin
11-05-2008, 01:42 PM
nice. congrats man! :D

Cobra Invasor
11-05-2008, 02:00 PM
nice. congrats man! :D

Thanks!!

The bad thing in my pack is that my Serpentor was not assembled right. His upper torso is not even close to straight and it's inclined to the right. This makes me sad because once I can have a nice Serpentor figure this happens to me. On the other hand it is not so noticeable when placed in the Air Chariot.

At least I did't receive a two left feet Quick Kick like a fellow tanker. My Indiana Jones (Temple) has two left feet but BBTS is replacing it for free :)

Tazocin
11-06-2008, 03:36 AM
@Cobra Invasor, did BBTS ask you to return the 1st item?

Cobra Invasor
11-06-2008, 05:53 AM
@Cobra Invasor, did BBTS ask you to return the 1st item?

If you are refering to the Indiana Jones (Temple) with two left feet they didn't ask me to return it, I can keep them both. Perhaps this time around it's bacause that figure is overstocked and in clearance, so there ir no point in having a customer dissapointed for only 5 bucks. I also think it's because I'm in another country (Argentina) and they know that shipping it back costs at least 4 times the price of the product.

I hope this time around I receive one with two right feet so I can have 2 proper figures :P

Tazocin
11-06-2008, 06:11 AM
@Cobra Invasor, hahaha. but did they ask for pictures of the actual item?

Cobra Invasor
11-06-2008, 06:16 AM
@Cobra Invasor, hahaha. but did they ask for pictures of the actual item?

No they dind't. Perhaps the receive lots of the same figures like this so they beleive me, I really don't know.

Tazocin
11-06-2008, 06:25 AM
i see. i see. :D

BBTS really knows how to take good care of customers. :D

Cobra Invasor
11-06-2008, 06:47 AM
Yes they do, I can't complain at all. I have already received 6 boxes (all sizes) from them and never had a problem. I will be receiving a new one next week and I hope it's as good as the others :)

Greyryder
11-06-2008, 06:56 AM
Thanks!!

The bad thing in my pack is that my Serpentor was not assembled right. His upper torso is not even close to straight and it's inclined to the right. This makes me sad because once I can have a nice Serpentor figure this happens to me. On the other hand it is not so noticeable when placed in the Air Chariot.

That's not a missassembly. That torso has lateral movement in the mid torso joint. You should be able to shove him up straight. If my two Nemesis Enforcers are anything to go by, it's really tight, but it can move that way.

TheLongestDay
11-06-2008, 06:57 AM
Im getting a strapless Dusty-couldnt care less really the figure is cool IMO. The straps are only barely visible from the front and dont really make or break the figure for me

Cobra Invasor
11-06-2008, 07:29 AM
That's not a missassembly. That torso has lateral movement in the mid torso joint. You should be able to shove him up straight. If my two Nemesis Enforcers are anything to go by, it's really tight, but it can move that way.

Believe me I've tried but it's really really tight so I'm afraid of breaking it.

This is my Serpentor
..O
--\--
...|
../ \

I have to put the points because of the blank spaces.

1SGHauser
11-06-2008, 07:38 AM
Im getting a strapless Dusty-couldnt care less really the figure is cool IMO. The straps are only barely visible from the front and dont really make or break the figure for me

Then if you end up with a Dusty with the straps, I'll take them off your hands. It's a very noticeable absence and driving me nuts.

Dr. Whom
11-06-2008, 07:42 PM
I just checked my dvd pack for HTS and I have the backpack straps on my Dusty. Is this the webgear you guys are talking about or something else?

Tazocin
11-07-2008, 01:36 PM
it is the webgear. :)

Cobra Invasor
11-08-2008, 09:53 AM

You were right!! Thanks a lot :)

Cobra Fox
11-20-2008, 01:54 PM
anyone seen those in stores yet? (new dvd packs)

Ha ha!! I'm like you man. All I see around here is the 1st 2 dvd sets. I don't know where the heck the others are. Hopefully Walmart will get them before long. I sure as hell ain't planning on buying them online.

Lantern_Lad
11-20-2008, 02:08 PM
If I ever find the damn thing and Dusty is missing his Web Gear, I'll just grab one of the 10 extra web gear pieces sitting around my Mac right now...

... problem solved.