PDA

View Full Version : Snake Eyes and Storm Shadow Hunt

spearhead9399
10-10-2008, 11:06 AM
Hello everyone - First post here, looks like a nice community you have here. I have a question for all of you about the snake eyes with black timber. Is it still possible to find one in store shipments? I think the 25th anniversary figures came out in 07 right? The reason I asked is because I use to be a huge Gi joe fan, big fan of the snake eyes, storm shadow stories and figures.

Well here at work(I am a graphic designer) one of my fellow workers has a cobra commander and Destro figure on his desk. And I was like are they still making those and he said yup. While out with the family I found the Ninja Snake eyes with the two knives on his chest and brought him into work to display on my desk just kinda started out as a goofy thing to have. But now I am getting kinda into this collecting mentality. I was out yesterday and found a SE with gray Timber and the black SE Commando, but no storm shadow yet.

I thought they had stop shipping those but when I saw them I was pretty excited like I was 8 again. I have all three of them open on my desk for display. And as I was looking online to see what else is out there I saw there is a winter like SE and a SE with black timber. Is it still possible to stumble upon one in a store?

Duffmann
10-10-2008, 11:11 AM
The artic snake eyes yes. the snake eyes with black timber is a variant and is not in stores anymore, ebay has them and they cost a pretty penny. but the artic sneak eyes you will probably see sooner or later.

vwong19
10-10-2008, 11:13 AM
buy Snake Eyes artic from Hasbro.com and use their promo code FALL20 to get it less than any store, plus free shipping. Black Timber... doubtful.

yourfacehere
10-10-2008, 11:16 AM
The winter snake eyes is a yes though they aren't very popular however the black variant was a "mistake" and won't be showing up again.

ceraurus
10-10-2008, 11:18 AM
While out with the family I found the Ninja Snake eyes with the two knives on his chest and brought him into work to display on my desk just kinda started out as a goofy thing to have. But now I am getting kinda into this collecting mentality.

Ha ha, you're hooked!

Welcome to the tank! I'm right down 75 from you - make sure you check out the Ohio sightings thread for things you may be looking for.

spearhead9399
10-10-2008, 11:19 AM
Hey thanks for everyones replies! I appreciate all the feedback. I kinda thought that was why they were so expensive online for a black Timber. Thanks again.

Unclassified
10-10-2008, 11:20 AM
The winter snake eyes is a yes though they aren't very popular however the black variant was a "mistake" and won't be showing up again.

that was a mistake? i thought that was intentional? i know the stalker was a mistake!

Unclassified
10-10-2008, 11:21 AM
if you grab a black timber, dont open that one , keep that one closed man!! it would be stupid to open it!!

Silent Ninja
10-10-2008, 11:29 AM
Actually the black timber wasn't a mistake, and was intentional, like the clear wraith. Yellow stalker was a mistake. Welcome to the tank brotha!

yourfacehere
10-10-2008, 11:33 AM
That why I said "mistake"

At any rate I don't see how that kind of mistake can be made.

Unclassified
10-10-2008, 11:33 AM
Actually the black timber wasn't a mistake, and was intentional, like the clear wraith. Yellow stalker was a mistake. Welcome to the tank brotha!

i thought so!!

UMAN
10-10-2008, 11:39 AM
Refer to yojoe.com and look at the 2007/2008 figure archives... that'll make for a decent checklist. As far as buying them, check out bigbadtoystore.com to see what's available. You'll get the hang of finding these things in no time.

pig iron grenadier
10-10-2008, 12:44 PM
That why I said "mistake"

At any rate I don't see how that kind of mistake can be made.

Huh?

pig iron grenadier
10-10-2008, 12:47 PM
Hey thanks for everyones replies! I appreciate all the feedback. I kinda thought that was why they were so expensive online for a black Timber. Thanks again.

The Version 2 Storm Shadow will be getting a re-release and may be out. Version 1 should also be re-releasing. They will be on white and not foil cards though. It may be hard to find them until after Thanksgiving though. Dayton and south of it seems to be full of peg warmers right now.