PDA

View Full Version : REVIEW: GI Joe: Resolute - Flint

Iok
03-07-2012, 10:32 AM
http://4.bp.blogspot.com/-sfW3t3TqSkw/T1dY2RFlnLI/AAAAAAAALoQ/JIJrabm8OMg/s320/GI+Joe+Resolute+Flint.JPG

That Figures: REVIEW: GI Joe: Resolute GI Joe Battle Set - Flint (http://that-figures.blogspot.com/2012/03/review-gi-joe-resolute-gi-joe-battle_07.html)

Final Thoughts
What I really dig about the Resolute figures is that they do a great job of appealing to both classic Joe fans and those looking for a more modern aesthetic. Each character is updated enough to shirk-off the Saturday Morning Cartooniness yet at the same time retains everything that gives them their character and identity. And the Resolute Flint is no exception.

Fans of GI Joe will recognize him immediately and will, I'm sure, be a fan of the design, as it's - like the Resolute Beachhead - a real ''essential'' version of the character. It's got all the trappings you'd expect of Flint but without any of the associated 80s excesses. Without wanting to alienate or annoy GI Joe fans, Flint is a figure that could easily fit into a lifelike military figure line without looking in the least bit cartoony or out of place yet can also stand next to his fellow Joes and fit perfectly into the range.

He's not perfect, of course. Although the layered gear is cool, I'm not a fan of the too-bright shotgun and it would have been cool to have a holster that worked or a removable beret but these are minor points and don't really detract too much from the figure's overall cool factor.

Another great-looking Resolute figure.

Final Score: B+

sgt.bludhound
03-07-2012, 12:39 PM
i love this flint! one of the best flints made

Iok
03-07-2012, 01:34 PM
i love this flint! one of the best flints made

Yeah, he's a really cool figure. I'm digging this Resolute pack!

DrKain
03-07-2012, 02:16 PM
The only figures I do not like from the Joe Resolute pack are Scarlett and Duke. Duke only because he was pointless. They should have done a Resolute Dialtone instead. Scarlett because she sucks. Her face is monstrous.

Iok
03-07-2012, 04:57 PM
The only figures I do not like from the Joe Resolute pack are Scarlett and Duke. Duke only because he was pointless. They should have done a Resolute Dialtone instead. Scarlett because she sucks. Her face is monstrous.

I like that the Duke figure is at least a different take (i.e. in his cold weather gear) but yeah, the Scarlett head is a bit weird. And a Dialtone would have been great.