PDA

View Full Version : My Four Year Old Son is awesome.

captain mal
03-04-2012, 11:47 AM
Note to Hasbro. This is an actual comment my son told me yesterday - about the Skystriker:

"Dad - they made it wrong. There should be one guy here (points to the front of the cockpit) and one guy here (points to the back of the cockpit)"

So there, Hasbro. Even a four-year-old understands that is should have been a two seater!

cobracobra
03-04-2012, 01:07 PM
Ha, if Hasbro was on smarter than a fifth grader they would lose. Why on earth would you go as far as remaking a classic show piece vehicle and then totally skip out on two of the biggest selling points.
Parachute?
Two seater. After awhile GI JOEs gas bill will be noted that everyone has to fly there own Sky Striker to get any where in Joe Verse.
Its weird I wouldnt think this three years ago but GI JOE vehicles are really lacking in allot of areas.

Odinsdad
03-04-2012, 01:36 PM
I'm the only person ever satisfied with my 30th SkyStriker.

crock master
03-04-2012, 01:38 PM

untill you touch it, and all the missles fall off

Darcy
03-04-2012, 01:39 PM

Yep!

Crimson Gord
03-04-2012, 01:40 PM
i like mine, but that's just me.

the odinson
03-04-2012, 01:49 PM

nah, i love mine too, grandad.
one seater, glued on the loose missiles, some minor mods, i love that thing. love it.

Ultimate Jaburg
03-04-2012, 01:53 PM
I like my 30th Sky Striker. I never had the original. It looks great.

Also, I'm not so sure the missiles are loose as much as I'm knocking them off with my adult hands.

DaveViper
03-04-2012, 02:03 PM

I love that it just sits on my Flagg collecting dust because my ace wont fly it.

"He states until that thing has a parachute I deem it combat ineffective".

I have to agree with him there I would want a parachute if I'm being shot at.

DaveViper
03-04-2012, 02:04 PM
I was joking, I actually love it, especially now that I can fold the wings in and have the wheels down at the same time. More space for more!

captain mal
03-04-2012, 05:57 PM
Honestly, he loves the Skystriker though - even with only one seat.

He does really want the second seat though. He wants to re-enact Goose ejecting and hitting his head - and without the second seat, he just can't do it.

Also, he made a request this morning for "a big boat with a runway on it". I don't have a Flagg - and he's never seen one... so thats all him.

"but honey - he wanted it" < Me to my wife - explaining why I just spents $700 on a 8' piece of plastic. ;)

FirstReality
03-04-2012, 06:00 PM
Honestly, he loves the Skystriker though - even with only one seat.

He does really want the second seat though. He wants to re-enact Goose ejecting and hitting his head - and without the second seat, he just can't do it.

You let your 4-year-old watch Top Gun?

Troynos
03-04-2012, 06:02 PM

That was my reaction when I read that sentence too.

ShockVal
03-04-2012, 06:10 PM
TV version is more PG but still has my favorite scene.

captain mal
03-04-2012, 06:14 PM

Actually, no - he hasn't watched Top Gun.

Worse.

He found a video to Kenny Loggin's "Danger Zone" on YouTube. He plays it over and over and over. And he goes around the house signing "Danger Zone" to himself while he does mock dogfights. Drives my wife and I crazy. What an awful song to constantly have stuck in your head.

Troynos
03-04-2012, 06:14 PM
Then how does he know about the Goose scene enough to want to re-enact it?

captain mal
03-04-2012, 06:17 PM
Then how does he know about the Goose scene enough to want to re-enact it?

Its part of the video he watches.

He says "the other guy hit his head and fell into the water"...

Ford
03-04-2012, 06:39 PM
Show him Caddyshack. At least he can hear a good Kenny Loggins song then.

gator06
03-05-2012, 04:19 AM
Yeah, Kids are amazing. I got out the ss renegades case and let my kids each pick out one figure for themselves. (I kept ss though, selfish me...). My 4 year old son pointed to scarlett and tunnel rat and ripcord and said "these guys don't look good." I turned around and my 7-year old pulled out a 25th cobra legions pack and said "we want these instead" I've been listening to the cobra music now for days....

I thought they would like the renegades figures because they aren't tainted by reading hisstank. I actually like them more than my kids.

Super Beast
03-05-2012, 04:42 AM
I'm beginning to think you guys are making up children to convey your own peeves to Hasbro.

captain mal
03-10-2012, 10:21 AM
My son and his friend playing, "Danger Zone". My son is the one in blue - he loves the vintage skystriker to the piont where he refuses to play with the new one. "It falls apart", he says.

In Like Flint
03-10-2012, 10:29 AM
My son and his friend playing, "Danger Zone". My son is the one in blue - he loves the vintage skystriker to the piont where he refuses to play with the new one. "It falls apart", he says.

That's awesome!

bassistcarlos
03-10-2012, 11:12 AM
Who's your realtor? I want a house with runways in it. That's a cool dad.

bassistcarlos
03-10-2012, 11:17 AM
I love that it just sits on my Flagg collecting dust because my ace wont fly it.

"He states until that thing has a parachute I deem it combat ineffective".

I have to agree with him there I would want a parachute if I'm being shot at.

That's kind of lame on hasbro's part to take the time to give ace the ejection seat handles, but no parachute.

Raw Dog
03-10-2012, 11:26 AM
I love the 30th anniversary Skystriker. It is wicked awesome. It doesn't bother me that it only seats 1 Joe and has no parachutes at all. It would be cool if it were a little smaller (like the Rattler and Conquest) and if the missiles stayed on better IMHO, lol! I agree with your initial point, that your son is awesome, lol, even though I don't know him. I guess I'm just trying to be nice, lol.

captain mal
03-10-2012, 11:38 AM
Personally, I really like the 30th Skystriker. It doesn't bother me that the wings all come off really easily, or that the missles fall off.

Not really thrilled with the wheels - and the fact that they are cheaper and barely roll... and that if you do roll it the wheels have a tendancy to retract just from friction.

It could have been a two seater. That would have made it better.

I just find it interesting that since I gave him my vintage Skystriker, my son likes it 10x more than the new one. For the same points that we, as adults, point out.

figureware
03-10-2012, 12:22 PM
Bought one a while back and have yet to crack it open! Always liked the X 30 better. But it should be a two seater! Wheres Goose sit? Where does the reporter sit when shipwreck takes him out for a sight seeing tour of a secret Cobra island!