PDA

View Full Version : GIJoeCC sub service, can it be trusted?

loiosh
02-24-2012, 09:07 AM
When this idea was announced, I was really excited about it/ When the list leaked I was committed, even though I only wanted 5 or 6 of them. But as time went on, and the delays after delays, bugs in the system and what not, I am now not so sure if I want to participate. The price will obviously be high, and with prices going up in all our lives, an example being fuel going up to nearly 5 dollars a gallon by Summer, and what not. I am unsure. I Also think if they cant get the bugs out of they're system in a timely manner, then whats to say there may be more problems down the road with the actual delivery of them? I dont want to wait until we're in 2013 before finishing the service, and judging by the delays now, I see that as a possibility. I am still on the fence, and was wondering if any input from fellow tankers could help me n a decision.
so what do ya'll think?

Troynos
02-24-2012, 09:15 AM
See the thread about the credit card issue.

Right now there is no decision to make as they said they won't start the FSS until the current credit card issue is resolved.

At that point, then there will be decisions to make.

But the prevailing feeling is that no one trusts the Club right now and they'll have to do alot in order to earn that trust back for people to feel comfortable joining the FSS with a credit card.

ChaplainAsst
02-24-2012, 09:18 AM
For myself, its not on my radar anymore. The club has sooo many problems right now that I don't want to risk it. Heck, if they switched to Paypal payments, I would still be anxious about if they were really secure or if there was some kind of worm in their system. They are a long way from earning my trust.

My decision has nothing to do with price or how many figures I liked in the FSS. It has to do with the club. They are pushing like they want the FSS to come out soon - probably to recoup some of the capital they put into it already - but right now it would likely be an abject failure. They are going to have work out A LOT of bugs and earn people's trust over time to make this happen.

loiosh
02-24-2012, 09:24 AM
um wow, I hadn't looked at that thread since it started a few weeks or so ago. So I had no idea that's what part of the issue with the club was. having read that now, ( Thanks Troynos for the direction) I am even more cautious about it. I wonder if maybe getting the ones I want off of e-bay or tanker trade might be safer, and cheaper in the long run.

cobracobra
02-24-2012, 09:24 AM
Couldn't care less for the set now. I was really pumped for about a month but now with the credit card fraud, the long long wait I am not interested. Also I am getting a full voltron with 6 figures for roughly the same price which is baffling.
I am fully aware of why a GI JOE figure could cost upwards to $32 shipped each I just don't think I need toe participate in awarding that price.
So much other things in the world that I could buy instead of a Tan Grunt.

OSOK
02-24-2012, 09:25 AM
i dont want to say they shot themselves in the foot, but they shot themselves in the foot

loiosh
02-24-2012, 09:34 AM
the only ones i really want now out of the sub service is a grunt, cover girl and big boa...i think i am going to wait until ebay.

Troynos
02-24-2012, 09:38 AM
i dont want to say they shot themselves in the foot, but they shot themselves in the foot

No. It was more like a gutshot.

Dangerjoe
02-24-2012, 09:38 AM
I spend all the money I had set aside for it on He Man classics today, show you what I think of the FSS, I really wanted it but not anymore, not after this ordeal, not unless they have Paypal

ArcticCG
02-24-2012, 09:39 AM
I will pass on the FSS as well, Not only because I was hit with $4000 in Fraud charges that I'm still dealing with my bank on. but the figs are way over priced and they way over charge on the shipping fees.

lister
02-24-2012, 09:46 AM
The projected price for FSS was a little on the steep side for me but I had decided to bite the bullet and get it. There were at least two or three figures that I didn't want and I figured I could sell them to defray the cost a little. I didn't get hit with this credit card mess, at least not yet, but I have to say it's put me off the Club permanently. I'm signed up until October so I'm happy I'll be getting my Footloose. But after that, they won't be getting any more of my money. No FSS for me.

Outbackk
02-24-2012, 09:48 AM

turner
02-24-2012, 10:21 AM
If the club was just some guys who loved the hobby and wanted to put together a fun event for other joe fans, then all these unprofessional problems would be understandable. They don't have paypal nor can work out a system for ordering the fss on after months of trying, so what? But, when I was at joe con last year, I got the sense they were all about what some have called the "cash grab." It felt that way when I wasn't able to get the exclusives first thing saturday morning because they allowed people to pay them extra so they could buy 3 more of everything days before and sell them for 2 to 4 times the price. It felt that way when I was standing in line for an hour and a half on Saturday and they offered to let me go in an extra 30 minutes early for an extra 50 bucks! It felt that way when they peddled things to me while I waited in line (including the $50 early admission, club membership, t-shirt, comic). It felt that way when I was asked to step out of line for Larry Hama's signature because they wanted an extra 25 bucks for signatures (unlike the canadian convention). It felt that way when I went by the club store hoping they would have the adventure team sets for a little cheaper than online, and they didn't. It felt that way when I went back the next day (towards the end of the show) to get some custom parts for a friend (I walked right there and right back) and I still had to pay to get in again. OK that last one was pretty understandable, but just added to the whole thing.

If the club is all about profit and being a business, then all these small time issues are less understandable.

Having said all that, I'd still like to get the fss. Maybe do the reloadable card or something. And if I get to go to the convention this year, dang it, I want to buy 3 of everything too!

DrKain
02-24-2012, 10:41 AM
While I have been questioning the FSS, there are 5 figures I want. The credit card stuff does not bother me because if someone wants my CC, they can get it from anywhere. It's no different than the PSN hack last year, where people started freaking out, cancelling their cards without waiting to see if their info was indeed compromised. Nor do I know anyone who actually had their card "used" by someone else, so that whole line of reasoning was bull.

Psycho Joe Guy
02-24-2012, 11:04 AM
See the thread about the credit card issue.

Right now there is no decision to make as they said they won't start the FSS until the current credit card issue is resolved.

At that point, then there will be decisions to make.

But the prevailing feeling is that no one trusts the Club right now and they'll have to do alot in order to earn that trust back for people to feel comfortable joining the FSS with a credit card.

and

For myself, its not on my radar anymore. The club has sooo many problems right now that I don't want to risk it. Heck, if they switched to Paypal payments, I would still be anxious about if they were really secure or if there was some kind of worm in their system. They are a long way from earning my trust.

My decision has nothing to do with price or how many figures I liked in the FSS. It has to do with the club. They are pushing like they want the FSS to come out soon - probably to recoup some of the capital they put into it already - but right now it would likely be an abject failure. They are going to have work out A LOT of bugs and earn people's trust over time to make this happen.

Those echo my feelings exactly.

WVMojo
02-24-2012, 11:09 AM
No. It was more like a gutshot.

Like they tried to commit suicide and shot themselves in the ass.

I sold a bunch of shit on eBay and had the money lined and ready to pay in full...then all this shit went down and I bought a PSVita instead...and I have almost enough money left to pick up an iPad 3 for the wife next month.

While I really wanted a Footloose figure, it's not worth the risk and the monthly newsletter doesn't provide me enough value to warrant having my card stolen.

Psycho Joe Guy
02-24-2012, 11:11 AM
Nor do I know anyone who actually had their card "used" by someone else, so that whole line of reasoning was bull.

...then you need to re-read the credit card thread. On this forum alone, myself and dozens of others had fraudulent charges posted to our cards. I did EVERYTHING the right way: CC over a secure hardline connection. The club was the breach in security and they have not demonstrated that they even seem interested in repairing that breach; they just blame the members.

Headman
02-24-2012, 11:12 AM
All of them.

Pit Viper
02-24-2012, 11:14 AM
Speaking of a "cash grab" it's actually becoming more and more tempting for me to get these figures even though I have no interest in them personally. The more people who don't get them, the greater demand will be on the secondary market. A scalper could really make a mint here.

mike000
02-24-2012, 11:18 AM
I am going to pass. I thought about getting it because I liked a few figures, mainly Jinx, but we are getting 3 other versions of her now.

Like you said in your first post, money is getting tighter these days, so I will pass on this and get the Con set and SDCC Jinx instead.

Dawg99
02-24-2012, 11:22 AM
i know for sure i'm def done with the club
no sub or footloose for this guy

Psycho Joe Guy
02-24-2012, 11:23 AM
Speaking of a "cash grab" it's actually becoming more and more tempting for me to get these figures even though I have no interest in them personally. The more people who don't get them, the greater demand will be on the secondary market. A scalper could really make a mint here.

It's conceivable that bad blood will reduce demand to the point that it might not matter. There are probably too many die-hard completists for that to take place, but keep in mind that the club's target market is the very same group of people it keeps blaming for all its problems. The figures are all just kitbash repaints and I could make customs for any of the ones I really want for far less headache.

Headman
02-24-2012, 11:23 AM
Kick off your sunday shoes.

Dawg99
02-24-2012, 11:27 AM
Kick off your sunday shoes.

Footloose
Footloose

Monte Williams
02-24-2012, 11:50 AM
I never attend conventions, I never sign up for subscriptions... hell, I only started buying toys online about a year ago.

Nonetheless, I had decided to take the leap. I was going to pay $40 to join the club, knowing I'd make more than that by selling Footloose. (I liked the vintage figure when I was a kid. Quite a bit, in fact. But I hated the Anniversary series because most of the figures were bastard ugly, and Footloose fits right in).

I was then going to spend the $300 or $400 for the sub. I only wanted Jinx, the Nano B.A.T. (for a weird Sci-Fi custom idea), Topside (who I'd never even heard of, but his head is PERFECT for a custom I want to put together) and maybe Cover Girl, for her potential as an Adventure Team-style character.

If demand for them didn't develop into much, I'd have probably also kept the dude in dark green and the desert camo dude with the backpack, 'cause they have potential for kitbashing.

I figured I'd sell Big Boa, Iron Klaw and the rest, and that would make up for a LOT of what I'd spent, and in the meantime I'd get to know the Club and see if maybe I didn't want to make my membership a permanent thing.

Now?

Now I'm gonna save my money for Retaliation figures, the handful of PoC/30th and cooler 25th figures I never picked up, the small handful of MOTUC figures I want to photograph outdoors, and whatever oddities pop up.

I was quickly losing interest in the sub as it was, because the delays took all the impulse away from what would have been, for all my contemplating and uncertainty, something of an impulse purchase.

And now this credit card issue is terrifying.

Best of luck to the Club and everyone still willing to give the Club a chance.

This toy nerd's gonna pass.

cobracommander1
02-24-2012, 11:51 AM
I feel ripped because I bought the stupid footloose figure just to have a shot at Big Boa. He is one of my all time favorites and now I feel like I just wasted 42.00. I wish I would have waited. I also bought the motu classics with my budget. Fisto, sorceress and kobra khan!

Headman
02-24-2012, 11:52 AM
Club people always get in my face. That's when I say to them.

Suck it Joe boy!

They get the hint.

sbartek1974
02-24-2012, 11:58 AM
The Club has now been officially taken off my radar as well. I was pumped up a month or two ago but with the issues they are facing, I'm backing out.

And as far as Footloose goes, I'm working on putting together my own. I already got the ROC Footloose head, got the vintage helmet and backpack in the mail yesterday. And I have a few body parts in my fodder collection to choose from. And all that cost me way less than what the subscription costs to get Footloose.

mike000
02-24-2012, 12:06 PM
If the club was just some guys who loved the hobby and wanted to put together a fun event for other joe fans, then all these unprofessional problems would be understandable. They don't have paypal nor can work out a system for ordering the fss on after months of trying, so what? But, when I was at joe con last year, I got the sense they were all about what some have called the "cash grab." It felt that way when I wasn't able to get the exclusives first thing saturday morning because they allowed people to pay them extra so they could buy 3 more of everything days before and sell them for 2 to 4 times the price. It felt that way when I was standing in line for an hour and a half on Saturday and they offered to let me go in an extra 30 minutes early for an extra 50 bucks! It felt that way when they peddled things to me while I waited in line (including the $50 early admission, club membership, t-shirt, comic). It felt that way when I was asked to step out of line for Larry Hama's signature because they wanted an extra 25 bucks for signatures (unlike the canadian convention). It felt that way when I went by the club store hoping they would have the adventure team sets for a little cheaper than online, and they didn't. It felt that way when I went back the next day (towards the end of the show) to get some custom parts for a friend (I walked right there and right back) and I still had to pay to get in again. OK that last one was pretty understandable, but just added to the whole thing.

Sorry to jump off topic, but reading this, does anyone else think the club expanded past the point the could handle after the modern era figures hit? They just didn't want to admit it to themselves. It seems like the original idea was a group of fans putting an event together so everyone could meet up. With so many members joining it became a business.

My only con experience was Rhode Island, I was shocked to read about having to pay for Hama to sign something, when he signed my poster he was sitting in a corner doodling and half dozing off.
Before 25th brought interest back to GI Joe, I could pick up con set and all the exclusives from the club store.

Sorry my thought may not be complete fleshed out, I'm writing this during a break at work.

Headman
02-24-2012, 12:07 PM
The problem is all the damn germs.

zedhatch
02-24-2012, 12:13 PM
I only wanted 3 figures anyway, wasn't planning on getting it but was debating memebership for that footloose if nothing else-not now.

Headman
02-24-2012, 12:16 PM
CHROMEO - "Nice N Clean" - Yo Gabba Gabba - YouTube (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rDG0c3saE4I)

Crossbones
02-24-2012, 12:27 PM
Like so many others I fold. Tan Grunt and TNT can go pound sand. It was too expensive to begin with, but now it is just plain dangerous. This may be the death of the club. The quality of the mag has been going downhill anyway. Give me my Footloose and then fade away.

drunknmunky
02-24-2012, 12:33 PM
Could the credit card fraud have had an impact on the con date? Remember they changed it recently and pissed a lot of people off. wonder if it's connected...

CrocPotMaster
02-24-2012, 01:08 PM
Yeah, I'm unfortunately done giving them any money. They obviously need to spend it on computer lessons instead of kitbashed figs. Big Boa and Iron Klaw, how I shall mourn my loss of thee.

Xenos
02-24-2012, 01:20 PM
I'll still be buying the FSS when it is available. If Paypal is a choice, then I'll use that. If not I might go with a money order.

The club handled this poorly, but honestly, I've had my CC number stolen before at a Safeway grocery store, and I still shop there, and they are way bigger and more well equipped then the Joe Club, so I don't see any reason why I wouldn't go back to shopping at the club store once they have their issues sorted out.

CrocPotMaster
02-24-2012, 01:26 PM
I've had my CC number stolen before at a Safeway grocery store, and I still shop there, and they are way bigger and more well equipped then the Joe Club,

Which is why it isn't likely to happen again.

The issue isn't that the cards were stolen (well, PART of it is) it's the way that they've handled it and the fact that they don't seem to give two shakes of a shit about coming clean beforehand and fixing it now. They couldn't manage to program a payment page in the last few months, how long do you think it's gonna take for everyone to go get network security certified?

Xenos
02-24-2012, 01:32 PM
Which is why it isn't likely to happen again.

The issue isn't that the cards were stolen (well, PART of it is) it's the way that they've handled it and the fact that they don't seem to give two shakes of a shit about coming clean beforehand and fixing it now. They couldn't manage to program a payment page in the last few months, how long do you think it's gonna take for everyone to go get network security certified?

It was at one of their gas pumps, which is the most common place to have your CC info stolen. People jam little card readers in the self pay machines. It's a really widespread issue, and I wouldn't be surprised if it happens to me again some day. The thing is, it's a pretty minor inconvenience to call your credit card, get the charges reversed, and get a new card. It's nothing that is so hard to fix that it will keep me from buying stuff I want.

Troynos
02-24-2012, 01:32 PM
It's not the credit card issue that bothers me. It's a risk with doing internet business.

It's the Club's attitude that bothers me. Even weeks after this all came out, they were still accepting credit card renewals (and those people have been hit with the "bug").

Not sending out a mass e-mail.

Not announcing a temporary freeze on memberships, so those that need to renew now can hold off a bit.

All that stuff is what is hurting the Club now.

Nemesis*Prime
02-24-2012, 01:34 PM
Personally, I wouldn't give the club a second thought after this latest debacle. But I still want that Big Boa figure so I'm gonna need to keep my eye on how things develop.

!!Snake-Eyes!!
02-24-2012, 01:34 PM
I don't think this will kill the club but it sure isn't good for business, what ever happened to "the costomer is always right!" if you jack up prices for your members your gonna loose members, comon sense right? if you do like sony and give out credit card info? ~shakes head~ thats just careless in my opinion, Look we all are members because we love joe stuff and want the new stuff as it comes out or hear the info first! and the joe club gives us a monthly mag with membership benifits, thats good! But don't wave tuna in front of the cat and take it away and expect the kitty not to scratch ya or spray your favorite pair of nike shoes...Bad business is just that bad for business! seen this comming kinda, so no big loss hey they can take their plastic crack and shove it!....after they give me my footloose!

Xenos
02-24-2012, 01:37 PM
It's not the credit card issue that bothers me. It's a risk with doing internet business.

It's the Club's attitude that bothers me. Even weeks after this all came out, they were still accepting credit card renewals (and those people have been hit with the "bug").

Not sending out a mass e-mail.

Not announcing a temporary freeze on memberships, so those that need to renew now can hold off a bit.

All that stuff is what is hurting the Club now.

Yeah, that is all definitely bad service, and I think that they should get that stuff sorted out. Again though, for me personally, I keep up on the boards, and I know whats going on, so it doesn't affect me personally as it might affect others. I need to re-up my subscription, and I was going to do it at the beginning of this month, but I saw that they were having problems, so I've held off.

Their customer service is crap, but if you watch the boards as much as I do, you're pretty likely to have a good idea of what's going on, and you can protect yourself to a degree.

I would prefer to do business with a company that has great customer service obviously, but in this case the Joe club is the only game in town.

Sciencefriction
02-24-2012, 01:42 PM
I've completely lost interest in the FSS, I'm more into my MOTUC and Voltron Classics stuff this year. I mean it's nearly March and we have no clue what's happening still. I just want my Footloose and that's that. This is my first and last year with the Club. I'd cancel but that'd be a waste of my money, and I'm still interested in the con set.

Troynos
02-24-2012, 01:44 PM
I would prefer to do business with a company that has great customer service obviously, but in this case the Joe club is the only game in town.

And that's kind of the issue in a way.

Being the only game in town, they've been able to get away with bad customer service and being horrible at doing business because we (the customers) have had no choice.

Unless Hasbro steps in and says they want better service or they'll pull the contract, I don't see the Club changing its ways.

Monte Williams
02-24-2012, 01:54 PM
And that's kind of the issue in a way.

Being the only game in town, they've been able to get away with bad customer service and being horrible at doing business because we (the customers) have had no choice.

Unless Hasbro steps in and says they want better service or they'll pull the contract, I don't see the Club changing its ways.

Put another way:

The Club may be the only game in town, but who says we need their game?

So they're the only game in town producing kitbashes that are no more aesthetically pleasing than the awkward figures of five years ago?

Is that any great loss?

Troynos
02-24-2012, 01:56 PM
Put another way:

So they're the only game in town producing kitbashes that are no more aesthetically pleasing than the awkward figures of five years ago?

Is that any great loss?

It's a lot beyond just producing kitbashes.

These are technically official figures. The Club has authorization to produce Joe figures by Hasbro. It's not like a customizer making a figure and selling it. These are pretty much official figures.

lister
02-24-2012, 02:07 PM
It's a lot beyond just producing kitbashes.

These are technically official figures. The Club has authorization to produce Joe figures by Hasbro. It's not like a customizer making a figure and selling it. These are pretty much official figures.

I think the term kitbash generally refers to figures that were made using existing parts, official or not. I do think the FSS figures can be considered official, but that doesn't necessarily preclude them from being kitbashes.

Troynos
02-24-2012, 02:09 PM
I think the term kitbash generally refers to figures that were made using existing parts, official or not. I do think the FSS figures can be considered official, but that doesn't necessarily preclude them from being kitbashes.

Suppose.

But when I hear kitbash, I think custom, not something official.

Could consider alot of Hasbro figures to be kitbashed.

Xenos
02-24-2012, 02:10 PM
Put another way:

Is that any great loss?

Several of them would be a great loss to me. The Big Boa looks every bit as good as any 30th Anniversary figure. Claymore and Lightning were two of my favorite figures last year. And there are several of the FSS figures that are some of my most anticipated figures. I don't really collect anything but GI Joe, so it really isn't that big a deal for me to pay $25 for a figure that I really want.

Though I know that I am a lot more lenientwhen it comes to customer service then the average person. As long as I get what I want without too much hassle, I don't really care how the company acts.

ChaplainAsst
02-24-2012, 02:12 PM
The Club isn't going anywhere anytime soon. JoeCon alone will keep it in business. I don't see a lot of fans giving up that - particularly with the movie, with having already made reservations, with the friendships being maintained there, with the opportunities for exclusives and shopping for toys, for seeing upcoming stuff from Hasbro, IDW, etc., and far more - some folks will go DESPITE Fun Pubs putting it on. JoeCon requires membership, so it pays them in many ways. There will have to be some creative means for paying for it, but fans will go - rest assured.

The FSS won't completely fail. If it does, they will just sell the figures individually and watch those who have held off kill for a Big Boa or Cover Girl. They will inevitably make their money back on this one way or another.

That only leaves next year. By then, much of this might indeed be forgotten. Tales of better experiences will be shared. The Club will be somewhat more consumer friendly - or we will perceive it out of wishful thinking, perhaps. Some will hold a grudge, but the lure of a great membership figure may lure them back in. Or not. But many will be back.

Yes, this will hurt the club - possibly badly. Maybe bad enough to make them rethink a few things. But it won't end it. And don't think Hasbro will save the day - they haven't done anything so grievous as to instigate that.

ero
02-24-2012, 02:16 PM
Yeah, credit card fraud happens, and even if it's not their fault, it still makes people twitchy. But the way they've handled the aftermath has been terrible. They should have contacted people IMMEDIATELY. And yet how many weeks has it been, and not even an e-mail? There should have been immediate e-mail followed by a mailing, regardless of cost. So I don't trust them at all, and more so, I just don't want to give them money. Which probably means no Footloose. :(

lister
02-24-2012, 02:20 PM
Could consider alot of Hasbro figures to be kitbashed.

Absolutely. They do it all the time.

ero
02-24-2012, 02:21 PM

This is the heart of it. Call it irrational, but for a lot of us particular types, customs don't do it, even if they're better. They're official figures, they go up on yojoe.com with a version number, and that makes them part of the history and part of the collector community. It's weird, but that's what it is.

In a way, I'm glad I had to get over the sub -- and thus, no Big Boa -- before this happened, because it's helping to change my mindset. Now I know I won't have every figure out there (to a lesser degree, the con exclusives helped with that too). A year ago I'd feel like my collection wasn't complete without Big Boa. I'd feel like it sucked without Cover Girl and Footloose. But between design choices and now this credit card thing, I'm feeling like what I got is good enough.

skinny
02-24-2012, 02:39 PM
JoeCon requires membership, so it pays them in many ways. There will have to be some creative means for paying for it, but fans will go - rest assured.

actually Joecon does not require membership, sure you get discounts if you are a member, but you don't have to be a member of the club to purchase a con package.
I was not a member until 2009 when it was much cheaper for two people to go plus the tour, get the club membership and the free figure than to just get a con package and an attending package (figure that one out)

I had no real interest in the FSS anyway, different figures maybe, Big Boa, Quarrel and Cover girl were all I really was interested in and only slightly, I always consider anything the club puts out as bonus figures/souvenirs and not essential to a collection.

Beckley
02-24-2012, 02:47 PM
I don't know what I'm gonna do.
I was so excited for the FSS, now I'm scared.
This is my 2nd year as a member of the club, I just renewed my membership about a month ago.
I want their exclusives, yet I hate the idea of giving lots of money to people who are careless with our personal information.

07GT500 COBRA
02-24-2012, 03:01 PM
I am SO glad I waited to pull the trigger on joining. Now I'll use a money order or pay as you go Visa card for the membership to get Footloose and wait and see what happens on the FSS.

cardensb
02-24-2012, 03:10 PM
I was hyped about FSS for months as the previews showed up, articles announcing them, etc... Then the delays, the articles in the club magazine saying by the time you read this you should have ordered... rumors of outrageous prices then my card information getting stolen within 4 hours of me renewing my subscription.
My wife wants us to go to JoeCon but right now, I am afraid to commit to it.
I hope the club gets their act together soon.

bluesparrow
02-24-2012, 03:12 PM
I'm assuming BBTS will buy a ton of subscriptions like they did with MOTUC and the other Matty Collector subs, so I'll just pay their markup prices on the figures I really want.

Before the credit card thing I was willing to buy the sub from the Club but in 2012, not having proper payment security is ridiculous. I guess I should have realized, considering how rinky dink and 2007 the club's store site is.

Mainframe
02-24-2012, 03:22 PM
Bummer, yup, but I'm still buying two. I renewed in early Dec. and changed banks about 2 weeks later, so things luckily worked out for me issue free. I can understand the frustration of the handling of the situation, but cummon guys, are you really willing to say no to Big Boa? You'll all have non buyers remorse in a year when you've bought your Voltron or He-Man or Barbie and are sick of "crappy articulation" with Retaliation and say oh s#$% I just paid 200 bucks for a carded Cover Girl.

Black Llama
02-24-2012, 03:23 PM
At this point there is a lot were waiting for from the Club. All of which revolve around us sending them money.

ozzie92
02-24-2012, 03:36 PM
I was a member last year, and decided to drop my subscription--even though I knew I could essentially get it for free if I sold Footloose. I didn't want it because the magazine is WEAK--information I've known about for months, tons of editing errors in the adventure bios, etc.--and because the site SUCKS!!!!!!! The only thing I liked on the site was reading past issues for the "history of (said) figure." Otherwise, waste of money/time. The prices were outrageous, even with officer "discounts" (give me a break). Since I'm not a completist, I wasn't even tempted by their $300+ FSS. I had no idea about the customer service...I didn't have com with them once, although to be fair I didn't seek it, either. Now with this credit card fraud and--what?--blaming the customers?! Coffin is sealed.

Since it's hard to say never again--it would take a crazy cool subscription free figure to make me come back. And I couldn't even tell you what figure that would take. Maybe Deep Six and his pal, the blue whale. Complete with the Conquest X-30 for the whale drop would be nice. lol

sgt.rock
02-24-2012, 03:40 PM

^^^^
This exactly,
Not even interested anymore with all thats been going on or lack there of.
Just not worth the risk.

cmderinchief
02-24-2012, 03:40 PM
I have no concerns.

thealleyviper
02-24-2012, 03:44 PM
I'm passing on the FSS, as well as my two friends. The price was the initial deterrent. It's just way too expensive for what it is, not to mention there are a bunch of re-used casts in the line. The credit card issue cemented it for me. Thank goodness I don't have to deal with that headache.

Headman
02-24-2012, 03:59 PM
Don't trust anybody.

OSOK
02-24-2012, 04:05 PM
Don't trust anybody.
ok Fox Mulder

Headman
02-24-2012, 04:07 PM
ok Fox Mulder

I was thinking Stone Cold Steve Austin, but ok.

OSOK
02-24-2012, 04:08 PM
I was thinking Stone Cold Steve Austin, but ok.
no, Fox Mulder

Headman
02-24-2012, 04:10 PM
no, Fox Mulder

He's a sex addict.

SonOfMindbender
02-24-2012, 04:43 PM
While I have been questioning the FSS, there are 5 figures I want. The credit card stuff does not bother me because if someone wants my CC, they can get it from anywhere. It's no different than the PSN hack last year, where people started freaking out, cancelling their cards without waiting to see if their info was indeed compromised. Nor do I know anyone who actually had their card "used" by someone else, so that whole line of reasoning was bull.

I know right!! Like when last week, when my card was taken and used for thousands of dollars in fraudulanet purchases, then I had to come to this site to find out there was a problem. Do me a favor...Be a douche elsewhere!! Go tell battered women "it's because you don't listen." This is very different from the PSN hacking. Sony was proactive about the leak Joe Club was not, and how dare you accuse anyone who was hit of freaking out.

Raw Dog
02-24-2012, 04:53 PM
I'm thinking I'll use a prepaid visa for mine in order to avoid any problems.

MJjoe4life
02-24-2012, 05:03 PM
So is people going to quit trusting mattycollector since they were hacked too??? If u look @ the other post someone posted that Digital River was hacked too. The person posted the link and everything, they posted it today.

Barefoot Jedi
02-24-2012, 05:05 PM
I don't plan to pass on the subscription at all but at the moment I can see myself calling them and seeing if they will let me pay for it all at once with a money order.

Dawg99
02-24-2012, 05:08 PM
So is people going to quit trusting mattycollector since they were hacked too??? If u look @ the other post someone posted that Digital River was hacked too. The person posted the link and everything, they posted it today.

do u have a link to this?
the only thing i see is that the server for DR was down

Xenos
02-24-2012, 05:18 PM

I think the quote on Facebook about this was just speculation as to why a bunch of people's subscriptions got cancelled. I don't think anyone has come forward and said that their account got hacked. With how much hate Mattycollector gets I think we would have all heard about this all over the place if it had happened.

BCDX97
02-24-2012, 05:21 PM

Wow! I never really thought too much of the club, but now I think less of them. Thank you for sharing this. I've always thought everything they did was overpriced but this behavior is just outright mercenary.

Dawg99
02-24-2012, 05:24 PM
I think the quote on Facebook about this was just speculation as to why a bunch of people's subscriptions got cancelled. I don't think anyone has come forward and said that their account got hacked. With how much hate Mattycollector gets I think we would have all heard about this all over the place if it had happened.

that's what i read as well

MJjoe4life
02-24-2012, 05:26 PM

Thanks. I can not click on the links @ work so i am unable to read them. The VA Medical Center doesnt let us do a lot on the computers. If it is Facebook related they block them b/c so many people were on it at work. So maybe i posted a little too early over here before i could read it.

DrKain
02-24-2012, 05:27 PM
...then you need to re-read the credit card thread. On this forum alone, myself and dozens of others had fraudulent charges posted to our cards. I did EVERYTHING the right way: CC over a secure hardline connection. The club was the breach in security and they have not demonstrated that they even seem interested in repairing that breach; they just blame the members.

Sounds like you are over exaggerating the matter.

However, I'm going to subscribe to the club to get the Footloose figure, but I am going to be using my bank card that expires next month, so it isn't like that card can be used after March 31st.

Griff
02-24-2012, 05:48 PM
i was floating ont he fence whetrher or not to get this but after the gigantic fubar with the club im gonna just pass. no figures are worth going through identity theft AGAIN!

Dragasses
02-24-2012, 05:58 PM
I will pass on the FSS as well, Not only because I was hit with $4000 in Fraud charges that I'm still dealing with my bank on. but the figs are way over priced and they way over charge on the shipping fees.
holy moses, sorry to hear that. dang.

I'm probably out on the club as well. truth be told, it kinda sucks.

teemu8
02-24-2012, 06:01 PM
no question that the Subscription is rediculously overpriced.Perhaps if they became reasonable in pricing, such as $15 each,it would actually bring in more customers and more sub sales,which brings in MORE $$$

but GREED rules the world,especially for so many businesses.Higher prices will result in less sales and even at $15 each,produced by Hasbro,the quality would still be the same.

Ford
02-24-2012, 06:07 PM
I wouldn't touch it with a ten foot pole. I'm winding down my buying now anyway, and have been thinking about what I would like to be my last figure. I thought maybe it could be the Renegades Storm Shadow, but then we saw the movie stuff and there's a few that I want from that. But I think after that I'll severely limit my purchases to just a couple select characters. Besides, the 25th style stuff looks worse with each new wave of stuff that comes out.

Uninvited Ghost
02-24-2012, 06:10 PM
Yeah! Teh club suxx0rs! I totally won't be ignoring all of this when I get my Footloose and the sub goes live!

Yes, moving the Con date, the sub being announced but taking forever to implement, and the credit card thing all sucks (especially the way they're handling it).

But being real? I'm going to keep being a paid member, and I'm going to subscribe to the figures if it ever happens. I bet a lot of people in this thread will too.

teemu8
02-24-2012, 06:37 PM
Yeah! Teh club suxx0rs! I totally won't be ignoring all of this when I get my Footloose and the sub goes live!

Yes, moving the Con date, the sub being announced but taking forever to implement, and the credit card thing all sucks (especially the way they're handling it).

But being real? I'm going to keep being a paid member, and I'm going to subscribe to the figures if it ever happens. I bet a lot of people in this thread will too.

the only way I would subscribe or join the club ever again,it will be paid through a pre-paid CC or MO...I will never give them my actual CC ever again

G.I. JOSEPH
02-24-2012, 06:39 PM
Just got an email from the club regarding the credit card hacking. Says that you may want to cancel/replace any card you've used with Fun Publications in the last year. Also, that it may take weeks before they might possibly figure out where the leak came from.

polyphenus
02-24-2012, 06:43 PM
Meanwhile, they knew about an issue yet allowed me to renew my subscription through their website. Nice business practice.

ArcticCG
02-24-2012, 06:45 PM
Just got an email from the club regarding the credit card hacking. Says that you may want to cancel/replace any card you've used with Fun Publications in the last year. Also, that it may take weeks before they might possibly figure out where the leak came from.

Really.... Wow, they finally speak up!

EDIT: I just got mine now.

The Commander
02-24-2012, 06:45 PM
Meanwhile, they knew about an issue yet allowed me to renew my subscription through their website. Nice business practice.

Same here...just renewed less than two weeks ago...

ArcticCG
02-24-2012, 06:48 PM
Here is the email:

This is going out to all members:
Fun Publications wants to take this opportunity to apologize to all of our members.
After many days of analysis, Fun Publications has determined that there is a security issue with our e-commerce systems. We appreciate all of you who have sent in your details. Your help has allowed us to ferret out several different patterns of fraudulent charges that have appeared on some members' cards (any that have been used over the last year with both the club store and our event registration system).
We have several different internet/networking companies looking into the matter. Unfortunately, as of yet, we have not been able to identify any forcible entry either into our internet service provider's servers or network. This is like chasing a ghost through the wires, as unfortunately, the perpetrator did not leave a trail, foot prints or finger prints.
For those of you who have been affected, we apologize for all of your time this has wasted and any inconvenience it has caused you. We understand your frustration as this same type of fraud has happened to everyone in our office on our personal credit cards at some point in the past. Our merchant services provider wants us to remind everyone that even though this can be a huge annoyance for you, the customer, your issuing bank will not hold you responsible for any fraudulent charges that might be placed on your card(s).
We know that this issue has been a huge topic of discussion on all of the boards for the past few weeks. However, we are required to investigate to determine and confirm a security issue thoroughly before making any public statements. This is why we put out a general alert statement two weeks ago.
Until the analysis is finished (can take several weeks) we don't know if the shut down by our former (Jan 31st) e-commerce provider caused the security issue or not. We do know that it has not been limited to those who have purchased before the change to our new provider.
Please, watch your cards closely as this type of security issue appears to be on the increase across the net. No site is 100% safe. You may want to consider having any cards you have used with Fun Publications in the last year replaced.
At this time, we do not know how long our e-commerce site will be offline for both the store and registrations. We will get back to you once we have a solution for this security issue.

Thanks for your support - Brian

Psycho Joe Guy
02-25-2012, 12:23 AM

However, I'm going to subscribe to the club to get the Footloose figure, but I am going to be using my bank card that expires next month, so it isn't like that card can be used after March 31st.

"Over exaggerating???!" So who are you in the club administration and do you really think that you can con people into trusting you again by blaming them for YOUR screw-up?

luigi
02-25-2012, 12:32 AM

agreed
some of you people are showing the sign of extreme paranoia
you need to clam down
and guys it boils down to this
either you sign up or you don't sign up
and if you think the people over at the GIJCC are trying to con people how bout this
don't sign up, don't give them any info and stop whining about it how they are trying to "con" you
kay

Clobbertron
02-25-2012, 12:37 AM
I plan to just buy the figs I want at an inflated price on eBay later, if they ever come out. I've dealt with this stuff before and I know its a labor of love so I wish them the best and I know they can overcome this hurdle in the future.

Monte Williams
02-25-2012, 12:41 AM
"Originally Posted by DrKain View Post
Sounds like you are over exaggerating the matter."

agreed
you need to clam down

I can't believe you two would direct this statement to people who have been victims of the credit card issue. Who the hell are you to say someone is exaggerating when he has $4,000 of false charges to contend with?

I used to hate the cynical whiners in this hobby, but the apologists are starting to become much more tiring.

NSP
02-25-2012, 12:43 AM
Id love to get the Footloose figure. Guess I have till March to decide......

Psycho Joe Guy
02-25-2012, 12:46 AM
agreed
you need to clam down
and if you think the people over at the GIJCC are trying to con people how bout this
don't sign up, don't give them any info and stop whining about it how they are trying to "con" you
kay

My credit card was fraudulently used as a result of the club's security failure and you want to call me paranoid? If I harbored any thoughts of going the pre-paid card or money order route, they're gone now. You jerks at the club are just too much. Not only are you lazy and greedy, the whole troll/seed message board bit is just juvenile. I think I'll be contacting Hasbro and letting them see for themselves just what a bunch of clowns are making money off their name.

luigi
02-25-2012, 12:52 AM
*rolls eyes*
you all missed my point
and lighten up people i know what happened
and no matter how much you whine about it, it's not going to change the fact that it happened now
and again nobody ever said you had to trust the club or the clowns running it

"If you have time to whine and complain about something then you have the time to do something about it." ~Anthony J. D'Angelo, The College Blue Book

Monte Williams
02-25-2012, 12:56 AM
*rolls eyes*
you all missed my point
and lighten up people i know what happened

You dismissed as paranoid a bunch of people who have had their credit cards hacked.

You have no point.

You're an insulting idiot.

Waxy
02-25-2012, 01:01 AM
The only figure I really had to have was Big Boa, and it'd be easier and safer to just spend $100 on him on ebay. That is, if I didn't think the Club was doomed and the FSS along with it.

zedhatch
02-25-2012, 01:04 AM

Have you not been reading, there is a list of 200 members who have CONFIRMED fraudulant charges in the Fraud thread, it takes a lot of nerve to say a BS statement like that and to defend the laziness and neglegence of the club in this matter.

zedhatch
02-25-2012, 01:05 AM
You dismissed as paranoid a bunch of people who have had their credit cards hacked.

You have no point.

This (and I never use that term)

I was going to say something, but Monte you said it better than I could,

Monte Williams
02-25-2012, 01:09 AM
This (and I never use that term)

I was going to say something, but Monte you said it better than I could,

Thanks. And I in turn never dismiss people as idiots, but this crap they're spewing is the most pathetic justification since "She shouldn't have dressed that way".

Also, Waxy, your avatar is awesome. I love Jim Anchower!

zedhatch
02-25-2012, 01:11 AM
Thanks. And I in turn never dismiss people as idiots, but this crap they're spewing is the most pathetic justification since "She shouldn't have dressed that way".

I was searching for an analogy, that works perfectly.

Fast_Draw
02-25-2012, 01:18 AM
I have been losing interest as time has passed, but the CC issues add to it.

Psycho Joe Guy
02-25-2012, 01:38 AM

You have no point.

From someone who is not often allowed to defend himself from the net nerd troll brigade, I thank you for replying to this idiot in the only language he understands. I guess it was extremely fortutious for me to meet my local Hasbro rep a few days ago, and I intend to avail myself of using that channel of communication in regards to the club's attitude towards its responsibility as a franchise and an online merchant making money off of a Hasbro property.

DrKain
02-25-2012, 02:08 AM

I would take that up with your CC bank. What the hell were they doing allowing $4000 to be spent on your card like that? If I made a purchase of $1000 I had to call them up to tell them to unlock my card as it is me making the purchase.

DrKain
02-25-2012, 02:10 AM
Have you not been reading, there is a list of 200 members who have CONFIRMED fraudulant charges in the Fraud thread, it takes a lot of nerve to say a BS statement like that and to defend the laziness and neglegence of the club in this matter.

No, I have not been reading, why? Because yesterday was the first I had ever heard of it.

zedhatch
02-25-2012, 02:14 AM
No, I have not been reading, why? Because yesterday was the first I had ever heard of it.

Then perhapes you shouldn't offer up opinions on subjexts you have no knowledge of.

carion
02-25-2012, 02:15 AM
I just renewed my membership thru the mail with a money order. Got my replacement CC the next day.

I will be ordering the FSS when it goes live.

The club got hacked. To get angry with them is like getting angry with the bank if it gets robbed. What a lot of people dont realize is that this incident has probrably cost the club a few thousand dollers to fix, plus several thousands in lost revinew.

Are they as much a victim as we are? Yes.
Did they handle the PR end in a satisfactory manner? No.
Am I still going to support the club? Yes.

It is rediculous to claim that the club is trying to con or swindle its members.

If you are a current member of the club then you have a right to be angry and complain.

If you are not a current member what right do you think you have to be angry and complain? You dont.

My CC had several charges made to it in Singapore. I have a right to be angry. But after several years of membership, recieving quality collectables from the club and attending some of the conventions with my family, I have decided to support the club and hope that they can have a quick and full recovery from this fiasco.

When bad things happen in your life you have two choices;
1) Get angry, whine , and complain as much as posable making yourself and everyone around you misirable.

2)Learnfrom it. Laugh at it. Move past it, and enjoy life.

zedhatch
02-25-2012, 02:16 AM
I would take that up with your CC bank. What the hell were they doing allowing $4000 to be spent on your card like that? If I made a purchase of $1000 I had to call them up to tell them to unlock my card as it is me making the purchase.

Again, you have no knowledge of the situation by your own admission, you should really quit trolling people who have been victimized, see above statement of "she shouldn't have dressed that way." if you need more clairification.

DrKain
02-25-2012, 02:18 AM
Again, you have no knowledge of the situation by your own admission, you should really quit trolling people who have been victimized, see above statement of "she shouldn't have dressed that way." if you need more clairification.

Yeah, and the bank should not have allowed that type of purchase without contacting bandonov. The bank is at just as much fault as the company the JoeCC uses.

zedhatch
02-25-2012, 02:19 AM
The club got hacked. To get angry with them is like getting angry with the bank if it gets robbed.

To borrow from the analogy, did the bank that got robbed just sit on it's hands and act like nothing happened afterwards?

That is what people are upset about more than anything, it takes a minor reading of a few comments to figure that one out. This should have been tackled a month ago was the whole point.

DrKain
02-25-2012, 02:20 AM
To borrow from the analogy, did the bank that got robbed just sit on it's hands and act like nothing happened afterwards?

That is what people are upset about more than anything, it takes a minor reading of a few comments to figure that one out. This should have been tackled a month ago was the whole point.

So because the club did not make a huge announcement on it right away they were doing nothing about it? I'm not saying the club is completely innocent, but to say the club did nothing is unfair to them unless you know those in charge of it personally and saw them eating a cheese burger and getting high during office hours.

zedhatch
02-25-2012, 02:21 AM
Yeah, and the bank should not have allowed that type of purchase without contacting bandonov. The bank is at just as much fault as the company the JoeCC uses.

Why are you still blaming victims if you, as you said yourself, have no clue to what is going on? I mean how else can this be interprested as anything but apologist trolling. Wow, it takes all types.

carion
02-25-2012, 02:29 AM

The club may have been slow in its reaction (to slow obviously) but they did not just sit there and do nothing once they realized they had a problem.

They also have to investigate to see if there was a breach befor they can make an anouncement for legal reasons.

carion
02-25-2012, 02:30 AM
Why are you still blaming victims if you, as you said yourself, have no clue to what is going on? I mean how else can this be interprested as anything but apologist trolling. Wow, it takes all types.

The club is just as much a victim as the bank and the card holder.

Headman
02-25-2012, 02:32 AM
I refuse to be part of a club that would have me as a member...

And leak my credit card info to cyber criminals.

carion
02-25-2012, 02:36 AM

Data-Viper did it to try and raise enough capital to finish his tooling so he could be brought to retail for all of us to buy.

Breakerfan
02-25-2012, 02:40 AM
Last time I bought from the club I ended up pregnant. It was my first time too. Take it for what it is.

carion
02-25-2012, 02:41 AM
Last time I bought from the club I ended up pregnant. It was my first time too. Take it for what it is.

I didnt do it!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

zedhatch
02-25-2012, 02:51 AM
*SIGH*

http://farm4.static.flickr.com/3060/2590282166_2ccf7360c4.jpg

PS guys, the trolling is making your case seem even worse, not better, not that you will understand that nor will you stop, there, your last meal for the day.

Breakerfan
02-25-2012, 02:52 AM
*SIGH*

http://farm4.static.flickr.com/3060/2590282166_2ccf7360c4.jpg

PS guys, the trolling is making your case seem even worse, not better, not that you will understand that nor will you stop, there, your last meal for the day.

I didn't get this? Are you buying us dinner or what?

Monte Williams
02-25-2012, 03:30 AM

Best comment in the thread!

Data-Viper did it to try and raise enough capital to finish his tooling so he could be brought to retail for all of us to buy.

Sorry, Headman, you've been defeated. Shortest. Reign. Ever.

Headman
02-25-2012, 03:32 AM

It was nice while it lasted.

Psycho Joe Guy
02-25-2012, 04:47 AM
..and to think I'm probably one of the few who was looking forward to Big Boa to sell. I only had a moderate interest in most of the figures before. Now, I regard them as I used to regard all the club exclusives: gimmicky rehashes meant to fleece serious completists. The more I learn about the "official" Joe collectors' community, the more I'll be glad to put it behind me.

Monte Williams
02-25-2012, 05:52 AM
..and to think I'm probably one of the few who was looking forward to Big Boa to sell.

That had been my plan, too. He's a great tribute to the vintage figure, but I feel no need to have him. Indeed, I sold most of my Marauders and some of my BBTS Dreadnoks a couple weeks ago, and I had a brain hiccup the other day and was convinced for about thirty seconds that I'd already had Big Boa and had sold him. Kinda funny.

Now, I regard them as I used to regard all the club exclusives: gimmicky rehashes meant to fleece serious completists.

I have to agree. I was politely indifferent to all things Club until recently, and then I was very intrigued by their small-scale Adventure Team sets, despite (or perhaps because of) their overall corniness. The prices for them were staggering, however, so I opted not to pursue them, but I didn't hold it against the club or anything.

I had decided, in addition to signing up for the Club and the Sub, that I'd also attend the Con this year. Sounded like a fun opportunity.

That plan fell through, through no fault of the Club's, and I wasn't devastated or anything, but it was a disappointment, for sure. Now I see it as a blessing in disguise, and the more I hear and understand about how the Club runs things, the more it reminds me of those people who charge $50 to let people park on their lawns during the County Fair, or something.

I do prefer to think that they just want to contribute to the fandom and the hobby, though, so I wish them and their members the best. I just feel like I may have dodged a bullet.

Dangerjoe
02-25-2012, 06:28 AM
If the club's cyber security is as outdated as their forum software, they deserve the verbal tongue lashing

Superjoe74
02-25-2012, 09:44 AM
I empathize with everyone who has been hit with fraudulent credit card charges and the lack of initial PR from the Club- it is a nightmare to face the two problems simultaneously. Having to battle the fraud and fight for recognition of the problem from the company with which it occurred.

As bad as the PR/ CS was in not sending out a mass notification of the hacking once it was first discovered so as to to stop it immediately and prevent others from being victimized I understand the larger picture- the hacking was under investigation by Law Enforcement and the Club. Allowing the ordering system to continue to operate helps in tracking the fraud and thus helps prevent others from being harmed in the future- at the Club or any other site. Had they taken the ordering system down it could have deterred the investigation and let the hackers get away to hurt someone else.

As regards the FSS, some of the figures are neat but, yes, they are Hasbro kit bashes. Yes, somehow that they are official figures does make them more collectible than even a higher quality custom. Don't ask me? And yes, they are over priced for kit bashed non- mainstream figures and having to buy the entire lot to get any one of them sucks.

ChaplainAsst
02-25-2012, 10:02 AM

Man, no respect ... :)

And here I thought it was the missing Data Viper.

At least give me credit for saying it first!

SonOfMindbender
02-25-2012, 10:07 AM
agreed
you need to clam down
kay

So how do you feel this morning about this?

starbuck
02-25-2012, 10:19 AM
agreed
you need to clam down
kay

And some of you people are showing the signs of never having your financial information compromised on the internet before

If you have, you would understand why this is a big deal.

Monte Williams
02-25-2012, 10:49 AM
Man, no respect ... :)

At least give me credit for saying it first!

I already praised your username; I only offer each member one positive comment per month.

You can argue with me, but you can't argue with policy.

polyphenus
02-25-2012, 10:51 AM
To get angry with them is like getting angry with the bank if it gets robbed.

The bank's money is federally insured by the FDIC so your analogy holds no water.

ChaplainAsst
02-25-2012, 11:59 AM
I would get angry with the bank if they left the safe open and the doors unlocked. I would also be unhappy with the bank if I had to go to a lot of trouble and without money (in this case, a credit card) because they made a mistake. And I really wouldn't want to hear the "woe is me" from the bank either.

I don't know that they left the bank vault open, but as much trouble as the Club has had with their setting up the FSS, it wouldn't surprise me. The fact that they don't know how this happened bothers me more than if they did - it makes me wonder if they do know and aren't saying or if they are still vulnerable to attack.

Lody
02-25-2012, 12:43 PM

UHOH

You said the "S" word

Where's Adam?

~looks around nervously~

CobraCoffee
02-25-2012, 12:48 PM

Best comment in this thread

Lody
02-25-2012, 12:50 PM

Ahahahhaaa

Someone was practicing the pull out method.

Do you know what they call people that practice the pull out method?

Pregnant.

Jeffrozup
02-25-2012, 12:51 PM
Forget the FSS, I am worried about renewing my club membership in time to get Footloose because of this fraud issue right now!!

Jeffrozup
02-25-2012, 12:59 PM

UHOH

You said the "S" word

Where's Adam?

~looks around nervously~

Somewhere in California there is a "visitor" who just got all giddy at this thought. You know what they say ... "EA scalping, it's the game but just gets denied"

zedhatch
02-25-2012, 01:35 PM
I empathize with everyone who has been hit with fraudulent credit card charges and the lack of initial PR from the Club- it is a nightmare to face the two problems simultaneously. Having to battle the fraud and fight for recognition of the problem from the company with which it occurred.

As bad as the PR/ CS was in not sending out a mass notification of the hacking once it was first discovered so as to to stop it immediately and prevent others from being victimized I understand the larger picture- the hacking was under investigation by Law Enforcement and the Club. Allowing the ordering system to continue to operate helps in tracking the fraud and thus helps prevent others from being harmed in the future- at the Club or any other site. Had they taken the ordering system down it could have deterred the investigation and let the hackers get away to hurt someone else.

You do realize that by leaving the store open and continueing to accept new charges a full month after this issue began that the Club has opened themselves up to charges of negligence right?

This larger picture you speak of is not the picture you are painting.

zedhatch
02-25-2012, 01:35 PM
I didn't get this? Are you buying us dinner or what?

Try urban dictionary, works wonders.

carion
02-25-2012, 02:32 PM
The bank's money is federally insured by the FDIC so your analogy holds no water.

And Credit card holders are protected by law against fraud charges by stolen numbers. It may be a pain to get it straightened out but the charges can and will be reversed. So your analogy against my arguement holds even less water.

Maybe we should both go by a couple of buckets befor we continue our debate.

polyphenus
02-25-2012, 03:04 PM
So your analogy against my arguement holds even less water.

Except for the fact that your preceding comment was that the club got hacked. Banks take proper security measures to ensure that they are less likely to be robbed, which coupled with the federal insurance, ensures that customers will face minimal impact if and when said bank is robbed.

The club allowed me to make a credit card renewal after they knew about their security breach, without even so much as a warning. This would be like the proverbial bank from your first example allowing me to bring a wad of cash up to the counter while a robber stood right next to the teller. Yes, my money may make it safely into my account, however, with the robber standing right there it's also likely that my money will disappear.

carion
02-25-2012, 03:17 PM
Except for the fact that your preceding comment was that the club got hacked. Banks take proper security measures to ensure that they are less likely to be robbed, which coupled with the federal insurance, ensures that customers will face minimal impact if and when said bank is robbed.

The club allowed me to make a credit card renewal after they knew about their security breach, without even so much as a warning. This would be like the proverbial bank from your first example allowing me to bring a wad of cash up to the counter while a robber stood right next to the teller. Yes, my money may make it safely into my account, however, with the robber standing right there it's also likely that my money will disappear.

You mite be suprised how many banks get robed and the customer at the next teller has no clue that the bank is being robed.

Suspecting that nther is a security breach and knowing that is is two seperate things. Once they realized that there was they shut down. Did they do it in a timely manner? No, they did not. When they contnued to do buisness did they think it was still safe? yes, most likely.

There is no online security system that cannot be hacked. Most buisness's that get hacked all believe that they had their sites secure. Until you have had your site hacked you really dont know were the weakness is in your security.

Im not saying that they did everything right. Im just saying that people need to be a little more understanding of the problem.

Hopefully they have hired a good digital forensics firm to find the problems and put into place a new security system and test it on a reguler basis.

oliverbox
02-25-2012, 03:47 PM
I am truely sorry for all those who have been so adversly effected by the Club's Credit Card problems.

I have never attended a Con, so I haven't dealt with them in person. However, I can say that the service I've recieved over the phone has been less than professional.

Thant being said, I've been very happy with the products, and I intend on order the Sub figures when they're available. That's just me, and I certanly understand why others will not order them.

WildWeaselZ06
02-25-2012, 05:15 PM
I also plan on getting two subs as well as going to con this year. I'm hoping that this will get the club to step up to the plate. I also plan on bringing up the poor customer notification at the round table. All this bitching, name calling and screaming death of the club is counter productive. If the GIJCC falters, I think that would be it. I'm sure someone would pick up the TF club, but I don't think that there is enough of us to warrant someone wanting to start the club from scratch. The club has their following, and for the most part makes a good product. Not a cheap product, but a good one

Mainframe
02-26-2012, 11:39 AM
What's up with "Fun Publications" logo on every story?

Turtle Master
02-26-2012, 12:19 PM
Last year the GIJCC was revealing con set figure pics (2 per day) in mid-February and released a small Python trooper pic in December.

Even before the credit card snafu they are still late with con set info and I'm assuming its already all planned out. Is this due to the FSS delay pushing everything back?

I really looked forward to those pictures last year. Seems like all the positivity of the Big Boa reveal is a distant memory now.

Superjoe74
02-26-2012, 12:42 PM
You do realize that by leaving the store open and continueing to accept new charges a full month after this issue began that the Club has opened themselves up to charges of negligence right?

This larger picture you speak of is not the picture you are painting.

We do not know that the GIJCC had any choice but, to leave the online ordering system running under the direction of Federal Law Enforcement as this issue was being investigated. We do not know the Club is negligent.

DrKain
02-26-2012, 12:48 PM

And Credit Card companies are required to not hold you accountable for charges that occured from theft.

WildWeaselZ06
02-26-2012, 12:53 PM
Last year the GIJCC was revealing con set figure pics (2 per day) in mid-February and released a small Python trooper pic in December.

Even before the credit card snafu they are still late with con set info and I'm assuming its already all planned out. Is this due to the FSS delay pushing everything back?

I really looked forward to those pictures last year. Seems like all the positivity of the Big Boa reveal is a distant memory now.

Yes, but last years con was late march, early April. Not the end of June. They still have time, although I'm looking forward to finding out what the convention set is.

Odinsdad
02-26-2012, 01:24 PM
No way. Wouldn't go near anything like that now.

They seriously need to start doing mail-aways again.

Massive super-fail all around.

skinny
02-26-2012, 01:35 PM
I also plan on getting two subs as well as going to con this year. I'm hoping that this will get the club to step up to the plate. I also plan on bringing up the poor customer notification at the round table. All this bitching, name calling and screaming death of the club is counter productive. If the GIJCC falters, I think that would be it. I'm sure someone would pick up the TF club, but I don't think that there is enough of us to warrant someone wanting to start the club from scratch. The club has their following, and for the most part makes a good product. Not a cheap product, but a good one

Hasbro wants to merge the cons anyway, at least that has been rumored for some time now, IF this gets to that point, Hasbro would probably seriously consider an offer from a promoter to do just that and take over.

WildWeaselZ06
02-26-2012, 02:11 PM
I thought it was the club that talked about merging the cons. If so, no thanks. I enjoyed the joe con, don't think I'd enjoy botcon.

skinny
02-26-2012, 02:19 PM
I thought it was the club that talked about merging the cons. If so, no thanks. I enjoyed the joe con, don't think I'd enjoy botcon.
I suppose it all depends on who you talk to, on who is/was pushing for that.

polyphenus
02-26-2012, 04:46 PM
...And I just got hit with over $2,500.00 worth of airline charges thanks to the Club allowing me to make a purchase from them after the breach and without so much as a warning.

I don't care what any apologists say about this, but I'm seriously ticked off about this. Now I have to go out of my way to inform both my bank and the Club about this nonsense. No subscription service or kitbashed figure is worth this.

Does anyone with any legal experience know if the Club is opening themselves up for a class action lawsuit?

gunslingercbr
02-26-2012, 05:24 PM
...And I just got hit with over $2,500.00 worth of airline charges thanks to the Club allowing me to make a purchase from them after the breach and without so much as a warning.

I don't care what any apologists say about this, but I'm seriously ticked off about this. Now I have to go out of my way to inform both my bank and the Club about this nonsense. No subscription service or kitbashed figure is worth this.

Does anyone with any legal experience know if the Club is opening themselves up for a class action lawsuit?

the only people that win in class action lawsuits are the lawyers. unless you just want a check for $5 it wouldn't be worth the time it would take to sign your name.

polyphenus
02-26-2012, 05:32 PM
the only people that win in class action lawsuits are the lawyers. unless you just want a check for $5 it wouldn't be worth the time it would take to sign your name.

That might be true, however, I don't care about anything beyond the reimbursement for my fraudulent charges (which the bank will hopefully be able to sort out). This would purely be a punitive action against anyone in the Club who knew about a breach and didn't try to warn its members before making a purchase.

zedhatch
02-26-2012, 05:41 PM

It was suggested on another board that they may have opened themselves up to charges of criminal neglegence by not acting on the information they had swiftly enough.

i'm no lawyer but I know certain types of criminal charges can carry fines that would be used to remburse those effected, but in this case I think (if something like that were to happen, not sayng it would) that the fines would re-emberse the banks for covering the charges for the customers.

esg2145
02-26-2012, 05:42 PM
................My only con experience was Rhode Island, I was shocked to read about having to pay for Hama to sign something, when he signed my poster he was sitting in a corner doodling and half dozing off...........

I'm coming into this conversation a day late and a dollar short, but I bitched about this SAME thing happening to my GF and I last year at the con in Orlando and everyone said I was being an a-hole then! :(

Some guy w/ the club told us we had to pay to get these "arm bands" to get Larry to sign stuff for us, and turns out we did NOT. As a matter of fact I did not see ANYONE else when we were on line (and we got back in line like 3 times after he signed 2 items each time) bought them either. :( I said then the club was trying to f*ck people over, and that and this just proves it. :(

I also said these figures for this sub service were too much GD $$ when they announced them and not worth it. Well I'm sorry people got screwed in all of this and I honestly feel bad for them, but I still say F- the club, they are too over priced and not worth what little the offer for what they ask.

F- 'em I say, and I know that's bad for us as fans and collectors of Joe stuff, but I'd rather have to deal w/ Hasblow, even w/ HTS and their BS, than deal w/ the club. If the club has to go down over this, I say so be it. Maybe someone better will take it over and make a better club out of it.

zedhatch
02-26-2012, 05:45 PM
I'm coming into this conversation a day late and a dollar short, but I bitched about this SAME thing happening to my GF and I last year at the con in Orlando and everyone said I was being an a-hole then! :(

Some guy w/ the club told us we had to pay to get these "arm bands" to get Larry to sign stuff for us, and turns out we did NOT. As a matter of fact I did not see ANYONE else when we were on line (and we got back in line like 3 times after he signed 2 items each time) bought them either. :( I said then the club was trying to f*ck people over, and that and this just proves it. :(

I also said these figures for this sub service were too much GD $$ when they announced them and not worth it. Well I'm sorry people got screwed in all of this and I honestly feel bad for them, but I still say F- the club, they are too over priced and not worth what little the offer for what they ask.

F- 'em I say, and I know that's bad for us as fans and collectors of Joe stuff, but I'd rather have to deal w/ Hasblow, even w/ HTS and their BS, than deal w/ the club. If the club has to go down over this, I say so be it. Maybe someone better will take it over and make a better club out of it.

That all does sound fishy and is very different from how most cons I've been to handle such things.

esg2145
02-26-2012, 07:57 PM
That all does sound fishy and is very different from how most cons I've been to handle such things.

I have a suspicious feeling we got taken, as the guys who took our money really acted like they each did not know what they were talking about at first, and then all of sudden they kind of "oh yeah (I get it )" kind of thing. :( It would NOT surprise me if they did not pocket our $$, I think it was like $25 per person, and he could only then sign 2 things each they said.

As I said before, we got in line, NO one else hand bands, NO one was checking for them, and we got BACK in line again, and NO one said a word. NO one was supervising / administrating this whole thing (other people were signing too) and good ol' Larry was just sitting there by himself. In the end he signed like 8 things for us and never said or word about it or cared. He even stopped what he was doing for a picture.

http://i268.photobucket.com/albums/jj23/esg94045/joe%20stuff/2011%20Joe%20Con%20Orlando/IMG_1575.jpg

Scene of the crime :)

http://i268.photobucket.com/albums/jj23/esg94045/joe%20stuff/2011%20Joe%20Con%20Orlando/IMG_1579a-1.jpg

The "Man" himself - really nice guy BTW :)

http://i268.photobucket.com/albums/jj23/esg94045/joe%20stuff/2011%20Joe%20Con%20Orlando/IMG_1602.jpg

Exhibit A :)

http://i268.photobucket.com/albums/jj23/esg94045/joe%20stuff/2011%20Joe%20Con%20Orlando/IMG_1606.jpg

Exhibit B :)

CG76
02-26-2012, 08:00 PM
Who's the guy on the left of the second picture?

carion
02-26-2012, 08:28 PM

That is fishy. my daughters and I all got stuff signed and got our picture with him and we didnt have to pay for it.

Turtle Master
02-26-2012, 08:35 PM
Sounds like you were scammed. I used to use a 'Wallet Inspector' badge and ID to rob people all the time.

B and H Comics
02-26-2012, 08:37 PM
would you trust a group that f's up and then does this crap?!?!

This update is going out to all members:

Due to the issue with processing credit cards we have currently suspended your ability to renew and join the club online. The deadline is coming March 16th for you to be eligible to receive the 2012 free club exclusives.*

On Monday, we will have a pdf online on the club site for membership renewals and new memberships that you can mail in with a check or money order. *We will process your membership as soon as they arrive. *

Please note that the March 16th deadline is a hard deadline (in house) so please make sure any mail is in the postal system by March 9th. *

If you want to receive the free club exclusive Footloose or Man of Evil, your membership must be active as of March 16th. *At the bottom of this email you will find your expiration date. *If it is after March 16, 2012, you are good to go for the 2012 figure. *

Also, please log into the club club site <https://www.gijoeclub.com/club/>*and ensure you have the figure selected you want to receive for this year, either 3 3/4" or 12". **

Thanks for your support and patience during this difficult time.

Brian"

Firefly77
02-26-2012, 08:38 PM
I believe that I am going to press forward with subscription service regardless of how much I trust the Club. There are measures that the consumer can take. Checks or money orders should be a safe route, and I'll go that far in order to get what I want.

B and H Comics
02-26-2012, 08:41 PM
They will not take checks or mos for the sub.

if they would I might get it as well with money order sure as heck not giving them a check.

carion
02-26-2012, 08:43 PM

Dude, you have every right to be angry. The charges on my card were no where near that. My bank called me the day of the charges to confirm beacause they were out of state and made the same day that I used my card near home. They then canceled my card and issued me a new one right away to avoid ant more charges.

If you dont mind my suggesting, after you get everything straitened out with your bank and get all charges reversed. Present it to the club to see if they are willing to make some kind of compinsation to you for your troubles befor calling a lawer. At least give them a chance to redeem themselves.

Firefly77
02-26-2012, 08:44 PM

if they would I might get it as well with money order sure as heck not giving them a check.

Did you not get an e-mail from the club stating otherwise? If they'll take them for memberships there's a chance they'll take them for other services. Then again, I could be out of my mind.

carion
02-26-2012, 08:45 PM

Who said they werent takeing checks or money orders for the sub?

CountDrunkula
02-27-2012, 12:26 AM
Regarding the possibility of doing business with the Club? Yeah...no. Just no. :)

gunslingercbr
02-27-2012, 01:42 PM
That might be true, however, I don't care about anything beyond the reimbursement for my fraudulent charges (which the bank will hopefully be able to sort out). This would purely be a punitive action against anyone in the Club who knew about a breach and didn't try to warn its members before making a purchase.
for that you would have to sue them personally. for a class action suit, the judge determines the total damages and punishment for the entire issue, then the lawyers get paid first, and whatever is left is divided up amongst all the complainants.

usually it is pennies on the dollars for the actual complainants. the lawyers get paid though and the company takes a financial punishment.

esg2145
02-27-2012, 02:08 PM
Who's the guy on the left of the second picture?

That's me w/ Larry :)

LOL

esg2145
02-27-2012, 02:14 PM
Who said they werent takeing checks or money orders for the sub?

Then set up a separate PP account, and pay them from that. Leave NO $$ in it, other than what you owe the club. If someone hits it, they don't get sh*t.

I do this for all PP uses anyway, as PP and I had issues over a handgun I bought a few years ago (PP has a strict anti-second amendment policy - they will NOT allow you to use their service to pay for a firearms purchase, so they tried to freeze my PP AND my BANK account for a perfectly legal gun handgun purchase).

Jmacq1
02-27-2012, 02:14 PM

Did you not get an e-mail from the club stating otherwise? If they'll take them for memberships there's a chance they'll take them for other services. Then again, I could be out of my mind.

I would think there should be no reason whatsoever that they couldn't take MOs for the Figure Subscription Service, but only for those folks that are paying for the entire subscription up-front (as opposed to the "three separate installments" scenario). I would also note I definitely have not seen anything that flat-out says they won't accept MOs for it.

In fact, if they have half a brain and actually manage to get the FSS off the ground after this credit card debacle, they should go out of their way to make it an option, since it's the only way many folks will even THINK about buying into the FSS.

However, given how generally stupid and clueless their handling of this situation has been, I find myself doubting they'll conceive of such a thing.

oliverbox
02-27-2012, 02:27 PM
Then set up a separate PP account, and pay them from that. Leave NO $$ in it, other than what you owe the club. If someone hits it, they don't get sh*t.

I do this for all PP uses anyway, as PP and I had issues over a handgun I bought a few years ago (PP has a strict anti-second amendment policy - they will NOT allow you to use their service to pay for a firearms purchase, so they tried to freeze my PP AND my BANK account for a perfectly legal gun handgun purchase).

I had no idea that PayPal opposed gun ownership and didn't allow for payment for guns through their service. That's ridiculous. That makes me hate them even more.

Zefram
02-27-2012, 02:40 PM
In fact, if they have half a brain and actually manage to get the FSS off the ground after this credit card debacle, they should go out of their way to make it an option, since it's the only way many folks will even THINK about buying into the FSS.

However, given how generally stupid and clueless their handling of this situation has been, I find myself doubting they'll conceive of such a thing.

"If" being the operative word there.

gunslingercbr
02-27-2012, 02:54 PM
I would think there should be no reason whatsoever that they couldn't take MOs for the Figure Subscription Service, but only for those folks that are paying for the entire subscription up-front (as opposed to the "three separate installments" scenario). I would also note I definitely have not seen anything that flat-out says they won't accept MOs for it.

not only that, but they would get the payment all up front, and payment in hand is always the ideal scenario for any business, as well as save at the minimum 3% transaction fees for the credit card payments.

atomatron
02-27-2012, 02:56 PM
i cant even sign up to get my footloose :(

esg2145
02-27-2012, 03:00 PM
I had no idea that PayPal opposed gun ownership and didn't allow for payment for guns through their service. That's ridiculous. That makes me hate them even more.

Yep, and this was like 6 mo later! I went to buy something off e-bay w/ my PP account and PP said my account was "froze", so I was like WTF? So I call them and I'm like what's the deal and they say, "oh, you used your account to pay for a Glock from a gun dealer in TX". I go"Ok, it was a perfectly legal purchase from an FFL (Federal Firearms License Dealer - you have to be / have one to sell guns across state lines) dealer, so?" and they say, "so you can't use our service to purchase firearms, it's against our TOS policy, we have frozen your PP account AND your BANK account until WE decided what WE want to do w/ you".

I laughed and said, "Yeah, well FU, I already pulled the $$ out of both accounts and leave nothing in either one of them, I'm not stupid enough to have my personal checking account hooked to e-bay, so FU, you can HAVE both accounts!" Ha! :)

They then basically told me if I needed to use PP again since my accounts were now "frozen" that all I had to do is get a new CC account, a new bank account, and then set up another new PP account under a new e-mail account. So in the end that is what I did, and I still to this day have to separate accounts at my bank (so I can move the $$ around via the internet easily) one for personal stuff and bills, and the other JUST for PP. If PP gets cute again, boom, there's no $$ in their account as I leave none in it, and ONLY put in it what I need when I make a purchase from someone online. :)

Again, yet another reason I suggested doing this for the sub service from the CC.

HTH

Xenos
02-27-2012, 03:19 PM
That's interesting that Paypal has that policy, especially since their founder is a huge libertarian. I guess he probably doesn't have any say in how Paypal is run anymore after he sold the company.

Jmacq1
02-27-2012, 03:23 PM
That's interesting that Paypal has that policy, especially since their founder is a huge libertarian. I guess he probably doesn't have any say in how Paypal is run anymore after he sold the company.

I strongly suspect Paypal's anti-gun transaction stance has far less to do with any sort of political sentiment and far more to do with not wanting their name to pop up on CNN because some kid used them to buy a gun and then killed a bunch of other kids with it.

DrKain
02-27-2012, 04:37 PM
Did you know it is "illegal" to sell a G1 Megatron on ebay now MIB? I was selling one and had my auction flagged and deleted for selling an unopened Transformer. -_- They told me I had to have an orange cap on it, which defies the point of it being UNOPENED!!!

So I photoshopped an orange cape on the picture.

UMAN
02-27-2012, 04:51 PM
Shenanigans. If I can't join up online, then I'm not joining up. If they won't extend the deadline to account for mistakes and mishaps on the business end of things, then they won't get my business. I would happily wait to sign up for the FSS and Footloose exclusive if I could do it online and not be rushed into it. Too bad for both parties, I suppose.

Xenos
02-27-2012, 04:55 PM
I strongly suspect Paypal's anti-gun transaction stance has far less to do with any sort of political sentiment and far more to do with not wanting their name to pop up on CNN because some kid used them to buy a gun and then killed a bunch of other kids with it.

Oh yeah, for sure. Also, they are owned by eBay, and eBay has never allowed guns to be sold on their site, so I'm sure they just pulled Paypal in under their terms of service.

I understand why they don't allow it, I just found it interesting.

Manok
02-27-2012, 05:12 PM
hey you can send them a personal check now, lol. I don't even know where my checkbook is.

teemu8
02-27-2012, 05:50 PM

perhaps this is a great reason to never want use Paypal or even do business with them at all...any entity who is against our God given right to bear arms can suck it hard!

esg2145
02-27-2012, 06:28 PM
perhaps this is a great reason to never want use Paypal or even do business with them at all...any entity who is against our God given right to bear arms can suck it hard!

I went that route for a about a year after or so after what happened to me, and unfortunately found it almost impossible to do business w/ anyone who was not a company that took either CCs or debit cards online w/o using PP. The only other alternative got to be money orders, and that turned out to be a big pain in the ass too.

At least now you can buy something on e-bay, not have a PP account, and use your debit card or CC though PP to pay for the e-bay item. Still not perfect, but it works.

BTW, you CAN buy gun parts and stuff now on e-bay and use PP, but you still can not buy or sell guns on e-bay, and I have not tried to use PP again yet to buy or pay for a gun. (Gunbroker.com is an e-bay like site for buying and selling guns BTW, one of the better ones)

Biggest issue I still have though for PP is for like buying stuff from people here if I don't want to go get a MO. It's easy enough to move $$ from my bank to my PP account and then pay someone. Even though I usually do that as a last resort, and usually try to get them to go a different way if possible.

teemu8
02-27-2012, 08:51 PM
I went that route for a about a year after or so after what happened to me, and unfortunately found it almost impossible to do business w/ anyone who was not a company that took either CCs or debit cards online w/o using PP. The only other alternative got to be money orders, and that turned out to be a big pain in the ass too.

At least now you can buy something on e-bay, not have a PP account, and use your debit card or CC though PP to pay for the e-bay item. Still not perfect, but it works.

BTW, you CAN buy gun parts and stuff now on e-bay and use PP, but you still can not buy or sell guns on e-bay, and I have not tried to use PP again yet to buy or pay for a gun. (Gunbroker.com is an e-bay like site for buying and selling guns BTW, one of the better ones)

Biggest issue I still have though for PP is for like buying stuff from people here if I don't want to go get a MO. It's easy enough to move $$ from my bank to my PP account and then pay someone. Even though I usually do that as a last resort, and usually try to get them to go a different way if possible.

I will say getting a money order is very simple to obtain though,you can buy them from almost everywhere (walmart,mini-marts,to the post office etc) and they are not expensive at all.So Money Orders are not as bad as what people want to make them out to be,Its all Because of the convienence of digital (fake) money transfer.I just chalk it up to those people who are just being lazy or who just love being conditioned into an eventual cashless system thats coming ahead..(so that way EVERYTHING you buy and sell can be tracked and traced)

esg2145
02-27-2012, 09:07 PM
I will say getting a money order is very simple to obtain though,you can buy them from almost everywhere (walmart,mini-marts,to the post office etc) and they are not expensive at all.So Money Orders are not as bad as what people want to make them out to be,Its all Because of the convienence of digital (fake) money transfer.I just chalk it up to those people who are just being lazy or who just love being conditioned into an eventual cashless system thats coming ahead..(so that way EVERYTHING you buy and sell can be tracked and traced)

For me it's the PITA of going to the store to get one. :(

If I go to work, I go to work and come home, that's all I want to do. Now that I am not working, I don't really want to go out unless I either really need to or have to for an interview or what not.

I didn't care when my kids were living w/ me and I was at the grocery like every 2nd or 3rd day, but now it's a PITA for me. :P

WildWeaselZ06
02-27-2012, 09:49 PM

edited

oliverbox
02-28-2012, 01:16 AM
Yep, and this was like 6 mo later! I went to buy something off e-bay w/ my PP account and PP said my account was "froze", so I was like WTF? So I call them and I'm like what's the deal and they say, "oh, you used your account to pay for a Glock from a gun dealer in TX". I go"Ok, it was a perfectly legal purchase from an FFL (Federal Firearms License Dealer - you have to be / have one to sell guns across state lines) dealer, so?" and they say, "so you can't use our service to purchase firearms, it's against our TOS policy, we have frozen your PP account AND your BANK account until WE decided what WE want to do w/ you".

I laughed and said, "Yeah, well FU, I already pulled the $$ out of both accounts and leave nothing in either one of them, I'm not stupid enough to have my personal checking account hooked to e-bay, so FU, you can HAVE both accounts!" Ha! :)

They then basically told me if I needed to use PP again since my accounts were now "frozen" that all I had to do is get a new CC account, a new bank account, and then set up another new PP account under a new e-mail account. So in the end that is what I did, and I still to this day have to separate accounts at my bank (so I can move the $$ around via the internet easily) one for personal stuff and bills, and the other JUST for PP. If PP gets cute again, boom, there's no $$ in their account as I leave none in it, and ONLY put in it what I need when I make a purchase from someone online. :)

Again, yet another reason I suggested doing this for the sub service from the CC.

HTH

They Froze your Checking Account!!!??? That's crazy. The minute Paypal tries to screw with my bank account, that's going WAY too far. You leagally purchased a product, but besides that, even if they say you can't use Paypal anymore, what right do they possibly have to start "Freezing your bank account". How would your bank even let them do something like that? I would read my bank the riot act if they froze my account because Paypal told them it was frozen.

Oh yeah, for sure. Also, they are owned by eBay, and eBay has never allowed guns to be sold on their site, so I'm sure they just pulled Paypal in under their terms of service.

I understand why they don't allow it, I just found it interesting.

But you can buy "gun parts" on ebay ALL DAY LONG. I've bought several gun parts on ebay and paid for them with Paypal. It's NEVER been a problem. I can understand that ebay may not want to allow firearms to be sold, but honestly, as long as the firearms are being shipped by an FFL to an FFL, what difference does it make to ebay. It wouldn't be their problem, gunbroker.com and so many others do it all the time.

Paypal should get off it's high horse. a person can buy porn and all kinds of controversial stuff from ebay and pay for all controversial kinds of stuff through Paypal, stuff that isn't constitutionally protected. Guns should be fair game.

Shipwreck
02-28-2012, 01:39 AM

If the club is all about profit and being a business, then all these small time issues are less understandable.

Having said all that, I'd still like to get the fss. Maybe do the reloadable card or something. And if I get to go to the convention this year, dang it, I want to buy 3 of everything too!

Right there with you Turner. I was there at 2011. we`d spoken about that line with Hama. I was with the Jinx and SE. the trio that was there when you were standing in line the first time and asked about the con. It was my first one too. We'd gotten harrassed about wrist bands and crap too. But it was Mr. Hama who'd actually come to our rescue over that, as well as another good friend of ours. We ended up being placed on the panel for this years con. We`ll be there this year.

Sorry to jump off topic, but reading this, does anyone else think the club expanded past the point the could handle after the modern era figures hit? They just didn't want to admit it to themselves. It seems like the original idea was a group of fans putting an event together so everyone could meet up. With so many members joining it became a business.

My only con experience was Rhode Island, I was shocked to read about having to pay for Hama to sign something, when he signed my poster he was sitting in a corner doodling and half dozing off.
Before 25th brought interest back to GI Joe, I could pick up con set and all the exclusives from the club store.

Sorry my thought may not be complete fleshed out, I'm writing this during a break at work.

Oh it sure was just as it felt to him, felt to me too. totally wanted to maul some vendors, and one was majorly torn into over an exclusive Dialtone by someone else in a crowd I was with.