PDA

View Full Version : 30th wv. 4 found at Target such a hassle!

MLos1
02-17-2012, 03:29 AM
I was browsing target earlier tonite...and behold...wave 4...well, portions of it...

I picked up Airtight

But there was a catch...and hassle from the employees just to buy the thing...

The figures ring up "not on file" altho, the left overs from previous waves do...

So, i had to scan a renegade snake-eyes at the check out, and took an air-tight figure home with me in it's place after the manager okay'd it.

strange tho, bc i asked if they had more in the back...

and

1- they said they wouldn't look bc they had no way to find it...

2- they said they couldn't look bc it's a "hot collectors item" and against store policy (which i know if i had asked the right person they woulda looked for me to see if there were more yet to be filed into the system sitting in back)

3- she was literally not going to sell it to me...until i had to talk to the manager to scan snake-eyes, to get airtight...

4- the employee team leader says she doesnt know how the figures not on file even got to the pegs, bc they shouldn't have even left the back stock room if they come up not on peg itself...and she was like PISSED OFF about it.

The pegs had...

Renegades Scarlett
Airtight
Steel Brigade trooper
Sci-fi
Renegades snakeyes
Renegades duke

Such an odd mix...

I only picked up airtight, tho.

So...in whatever weird way they got em...they ended up being put out...bc that peg has been empty for about 5 months...

anyone else have a smilar experience at their target?

Barefoot Jedi
02-17-2012, 03:35 AM
I've had similar experiences everywhere.

It's not uncommon for new action figures to not be in the system initially. Walmart. Target. TRU.

Occasionally there is a glorious error. I think I got some Star Wars action figures one time that were brand new, just come out, for like $1 each because someone had mistakenly entered them as clearance.

Nirvana
02-17-2012, 04:04 AM
Occasionally there is a glorious error. I think I got some Star Wars action figures one time that were brand new, just come out, for like $1 each because someone had mistakenly entered them as clearance.

That's a myth, like picking up PoC Wave 5 for $3 a pop. ;)

You did good having them scan the RenSE. All the new figures from Wave 3 & 4 aren't in the system and most employees will just "General Merchandise" the item to get it out the door. While they have to manually add the price, it also doesn't delete the Joe from the inventory. Just a handful of figures going out the door could keep the store's official count in the inventory system from dipping below the amount needed for re-order.

PROVOST
02-17-2012, 04:14 AM
Here in Australia I've encountered items that don't scan cause they are so new to the shelves.

However anything I've ever wanted to get if it's out on the floor (but doesn't scan) has been still sold to me.

Getting a comparable figure from same line that does scan is the most common thing though occasionally the old "Guess the price" thing is done and a figure might be sold for 50% of what it's shelf price would be.

I stay silent during these moments and just nod my head in an approving gesture or say "sure"

As for checking stock,mostly it's pretty easy to get them to check but there's times where I doubt any checking was done,instead just using my request as an excuse to head out to the back stores area for a few mins and then return and say "nothing new yet"

Dealer Destro
02-17-2012, 04:17 AM
Did you insist on being compensated for the hassle of wanting to give them your hard earned money?

ironknife
02-17-2012, 04:32 AM
You did good having them scan the RenSE. All the new figures from Wave 3 & 4 aren't in the system and most employees will just "General Merchandise" the item to get it out the door. While they have to manually add the price, it also doesn't delete the Joe from the inventory. Just a handful of figures going out the door could keep the store's official count in the inventory system from dipping below the amount needed for re-order.

Nirvana is right! you want that figure out of the system so they re order.

MLos1
02-17-2012, 04:36 AM
Did you insist on being compensated for the hassle of wanting to give them your hard earned money?

No i flat out said...

"i guess you guys don't want to make any money"

that's when her tune started to change.

then i gave her the "Guest is always right" bullshit

(i hate that target shoppers are called "guests", too btw)

and the funny thing with all this...is i used to work at target fgor two years so i understand the not on file situation...and never did i have a hassle, or hassle anyone else..

i have encountered the not on file items...

but i simply did

taxable transaction...and sold the item...or scanned one from same line...

none of the bullshit she gave me.

i understand WHY they don't scan...but i dont understand why these bullshit teamleaders don't wanna sell shit...it's easy to sell an item not on file when there's others in the store from the same product line that do scan.

then all they have to do is tell the manager...so they dont have a mark on their "challenge report"

besides..i'd rather have last renegade snake eyes scanned...so it's "technically" shown in system...so new stuff comes in.

Dealer Destro
02-17-2012, 04:42 AM
I hate that corporate fluffy bull shit as well. I am not a guest mother f****r I am a consumer, dictating with my dollars that you at least maintain some of your market share with my purchases. Hence ensuring those fat b*****s that work there, at the very least, get their next batch of feed from the trough. Were I a "guest" in their establishment I would expect to be treated in the same manner that I treat my own guests, and that is to offer them a beer, smoke, and a place to sit, hell maybe even a bite to eat.

Matter of fact get this:

guest:
noun
1. a person who spends some time at another person's home in some social activity, as a visit, dinner, or party.

2. a person who receives the hospitality of a club, a city, or the like.

3. a person who patronizes a hotel, restaurant, etc., for the lodging, food, or entertainment it provides.

4. an often well-known person invited to participate or perform in a regular program, series, etc., as a substitute for a regular member or as a special attraction

Crazy Legs
02-17-2012, 04:42 AM
They didnt want to sell it to you cause inventory is going to suck when extra/missing figures appear on list.

Is not about not wanting your money is about figuring out the error.

rdodger
02-17-2012, 06:38 AM
then all they have to do is tell the manager...so they dont have a mark on their "challenge report"

What is a challenge report?

ChaplainAsst
02-17-2012, 06:52 AM
Who knows - maybe she is friends with a scalper and she wanted him to have first dibs on the Joe figures? Or maybe she hates adult toy collectors. That's a lot of excuses for not wanting to do her job. I find a lot of these folks - if they aren't busy - appreciate having something to do (if they aren't chatting with another employee). I've never had luck with them pulling anything from the back at Target - even when it shoes up on their inventory as "on the shelf-in stock". Had that happen with the Skystriker. They tried to tell me they had sold out - but then it magically appeared on the shelf the next morning (I had to go back for something and just happened to check). But I've never had an issue if it was on the pegs. I've even had a SW toy ring up wrong on their computer, shown them that it was different from the price on the peg and the price of the same toy that was one wave back and they reduced the price. It took a little while but I got it done. Heck, I was even wrong once with a sale price because a toy got moved underneath a price drop sticker and the manager gave me a discount.

Target usually wants to help. Your story sounds like someone extraordinarily lazy or wanted the toy for her own interests.

rdodger
02-17-2012, 07:28 AM
Yeah, I've never had a problem at Target. My wife loves Target, hates Wal-Mart, so we shop at Target a lot. Of course my target has had the same Renegades CC, FF and SE for months. At least the Arctic Destros are finally gone. My luck, they'll somehow restock those before I see Wave 4 show up.

cobra22nd
02-17-2012, 07:55 AM
The two new figs who don't ring up are the zombie and airtight. I beat the rest of the memphis crowd to a case in horn lake ms and snagged Lifeline, Sci Fi, L&O, Airtight, and two zombies. I got 3 0870622** figures and three with a general merch dcpi. I didn't have a problem getting them to sell to me, since half of them rang up, but the system demanded a valid DCPI and the manager had to come fix it. All in all it was an easy error to overcome, unlike when the first wave of 30th hit walmart back in august.

cobracobra
02-17-2012, 07:59 AM
I really hate talking to employees at big box stores.

MJjoe4life
02-17-2012, 08:31 AM
Yeah i got a Tunnel Rat @ Target the other day and it didnt ring up, so the cashier asked me how much they were and entered the price and everything was fine after that.

Zefram
02-17-2012, 09:28 AM
Happened to me last night scooping up a Renegades Trooper. I asked a guy on the floor if there were more in stock (the pegs were near empty), and he and Tunnel Rat weren't in the system.

Luckily I got him to ring me up in his section for the price on the peg and got the trooper.

OSOK
02-17-2012, 09:32 AM
they werent/arent in the system at Meijer either

homer_sapien
02-17-2012, 09:56 AM
I found a Zombie Viper at Target last Sunday. It came up as not on file too, but the girl at the register just asked if I knew the price and just put it through. Nice since they didn't have any other Joe figures I could have brought up for her to scan instead.

the odinson
02-17-2012, 10:03 AM
i had to give up on a 25th scarlett that was in a pile of clearance junk with no price tag a few years ago at wally world. after an employee and a manager both were stumped and refused my generous offer of 5 bucks and wouldn't even scan a roc figure for 6.97 for it i just left it. it was the last one i ever saw at retail, the bastards.

jwmagick
02-17-2012, 11:27 AM
I was browsing target earlier tonite...and behold...wave 4...well, portions of it...

I picked up Airtight

The figures ring up "not on file" altho, the left overs from previous waves do...

So, i had to scan a renegade snake-eyes at the check out, and took an air-tight figure home with me in it's place after the manager okay'd it.

and

2- they said they couldn't look bc it's a "hot collectors item" and against store policy (which i know if i had asked the right person they woulda looked for me to see if there were more yet to be filed into the system sitting in back)

3- she was literally not going to sell it to me...until i had to talk to the manager to scan snake-eyes, to get airtight...

4- the employee team leader says she doesnt know how the figures not on file even got to the pegs, bc they shouldn't have even left the back stock room if they come up not on peg itself...and she was like PISSED OFF about it.

The pegs had...

Renegades Scarlett
Airtight
Steel Brigade trooper
Sci-fi
Renegades snakeyes
Renegades duke

Such an odd mix...

So...in whatever weird way they got em...they ended up being put out...bc that peg has been empty for about 5 months...

Geez. So what they really want to teach you is that if it doesn't scan in their system, then it isn't really theirs and you should just walk out with it free of charge so as not to inconvenience them. What a crock.

OSOK
02-17-2012, 12:00 PM
I found a Zombie Viper at Target last Sunday. It came up as not on file too, but the girl at the register just asked if I knew the price and just put it through. Nice since they didn't have any other Joe figures I could have brought up for her to scan instead.
"i think it was $1.99"

:)

Cdt Weasel
02-17-2012, 12:05 PM
The last time I had a hassle was buy fisher price zoo talkers animals. One of them randomly rang up at $45 (price of the playset) instead of the 2 for $5 sale that was running. Took a manager to get the system to sell it for $5.

As a retail veteran. I gotta say, if a customer is nice (or a hot chick) when there is an issue I do what I can to get the taken care of quickly and in a way they are happy. If the customer is a dick or become all huffy, then I'm a dick back and wont bend any rule for them and make them wait for a manager etc..etc. Most people will behave the same way. If you were saying things like 'well guess you dont want to make money', you may have been coming off as a bit rude and hence all the hassle.

supermanblue
02-17-2012, 12:07 PM
I had the same issue as well. Went in last week found airtight, law and zombie. No Sci Fi or LL. They did not scan so the guy just got an old CC and scanned it. worked out ok but We are back to the same Bullsh%t with target. Since then I have checked several targets, all of them say they have more than they actualy do. I mean All of the targets in the area. Talked to one manager said he would check on it but could not change it. I even explained that I know your system and that your computer will not order more if there are some showing there. Most of the stores say they don't know why that is happening. That pisses me off about Target.

Headman
02-17-2012, 12:08 PM

I picked up Airtight

and

The pegs had...

Renegades Scarlett
Airtight
Steel Brigade trooper
Sci-fi
Renegades snakeyes
Renegades duke

Such an odd mix...

This happened to my girl when she was at our local target. She picked me up a Techno Viper and all the wave 4 guys but they wouldn't ring up so the front line supervisor just guessed a price.

Raw Dog
02-17-2012, 12:18 PM
I've never had an experience like that, I guess I'm just lucky. Or maybe if I have, maybe I blocked it out because it was so traumatic! I can feel myself breaking out into a sweat up at the checkout, agonizing over whether or not the transaction was even going to take place now as a matter of fact, lol!

brock Samson
02-17-2012, 12:23 PM
It's not the store employees fault the assortment upc's were not attached to a dpci. That's something that should be done at corporate. I'd just be polite, let them know they're new products and probably haven't been entered yet. They are usually very cool about it with me and always ring them up. The only time they won't ring an item up is if they have a street date restriction.

1SGHauser
02-17-2012, 12:29 PM
Same here in at the Target in Dubuque, Iowa. Each time though the cashier asks me and I tell them $6.99. Ok, so I'm stealing two bucks, but the way I look at it, If they can't get their shit together who am I to do it for them?

Super Beast
02-17-2012, 12:40 PM
I picked up 6 surveillance stations and one Artillery station at walmart for fg three dollars each when they first came out!

OSOK
02-17-2012, 12:43 PM
Same here in at the Target in Dubuque, Iowa. Each time though the cashier asks me and I tell them $6.99. Ok, so I'm stealing two bucks, but the way I look at it, If they can't get their shit together who am I to do it for them?
thread winner

crock master
02-17-2012, 12:47 PM
i dont understand why atleast 10 threads in the past 2 weeks have been on this subject, and everybody acts suprised when it happens to them

Dealer Destro
02-17-2012, 01:00 PM

It's not stealing if it is due in part to employee inefficiencies.

Nirvana
02-22-2012, 01:24 AM
It's not the store employees fault the assortment upc's were not attached to a dpci. That's something that should be done at corporate. I'd just be polite, let them know they're new products and probably haven't been entered yet. They are usually very cool about it with me and always ring them up. The only time they won't ring an item up is if they have a street date restriction.

But each time they are rung up under the general merchandise code with any price, the inventory doesn't subtract that the Joe figures were sold. We've known for awhile that some stores have restock triggers as low as 2 or 3 figures left, so just a handful going out the door will screw the pegs of a restock until the next store inventory which is usually no more than 2 a year.

Vegas
02-22-2012, 01:43 AM
i dont understand why atleast 10 threads in the past 2 weeks have been on this subject, and everybody acts suprised when it happens to them

Holy !@#!!! it just happened to me today. I was really surprised.

Omega 8
02-22-2012, 02:18 AM
This happened to me as well last week when i picked up Law/Lifeline..... I'm not surprised that it happened but i am surprised that it hasn't been fixed.

BTW: The gal that rang me up used the sku from the shilf tag to ring up mnie, no inventory issues there.

Angry.Android
02-22-2012, 03:02 AM
hrmm, out of all of this shenanigans, what i find the most incredible is that you are finding joes at target AT ALL. Mine has had nada since october. I can occasionally find Starwars at Target, but never joes (other than those craptastic 12inchers)

Probably for the best since Target and I have a long history of animosity.

Dem_Yoe'z!
02-22-2012, 06:38 AM
I've never had an issue with Target employees, just a customer (who tried stealing my Skystriker right out of my damn cart!)

It's Walmart that has rude and often grossly incompetent employees in my experience!

sbartek1974
02-22-2012, 07:43 AM

So does that mean I can walk out of the store with the figure and not get in trouble for stealing? Not that I would do that but just asking. Because if it is not on file then the security bars shouldn't be able to pick it up either.

I am not suggesting anyone to steal. Just addressing a possible security problem.

TEMPLAR BAGGINS
02-22-2012, 08:16 AM
Return maybe? If the person had a receipt, it not being in the system wouldn't matter.

bothen
02-22-2012, 08:22 AM
This "Hot collector item" things is getting sooo old.They're just toys like the rest.Who do they think is buying them up.

Dem_Yoe'z!
02-22-2012, 08:35 AM
This "Hot collector item" things is getting sooo old.They're just toys like the rest.Who do they think is buying them up.

It's those Hot Wheels collectors; have you ever met one before? Some of them are totally psycho! I've seen two of them almost get into a fist fight over an unopened box of cars (more than once!)

orezona
02-22-2012, 11:59 AM
So does that mean I can walk out of the store with the figure and not get in trouble for stealing? Not that I would do that but just asking. Because if it is not on file then the security bars shouldn't be able to pick it up either.

I am not suggesting anyone to steal. Just addressing a possible security problem.

Short answer to your question:
YES, taking inventory from within a store (whether it rings up or not), is indeed stealing.

But go ahead and try out your hypothesis if you're curious and want to see what happens. Have fun with that Class C* Misdemeanor on your record.

[*depending on the specific laws in your state]

crock master
02-22-2012, 12:05 PM
well a class c wouldnt do anything to my felony record

sbartek1974
02-22-2012, 01:07 PM
Short answer to your question:
YES, taking inventory from within a store (whether it rings up or not), is indeed stealing.

But go ahead and try out your hypothesis if you're curious and want to see what happens. Have fun with that Class C* Misdemeanor on your record.

[*depending on the specific laws in your state]

But then once they see that I only took a GI Joe action figure they would tell me, "Nevermind, go ahead. We can't even sell those damn things."

beauforsure
02-23-2012, 02:14 PM
Yeah, I've never had a problem at Target. My wife loves Target, hates Wal-Mart, so we shop at Target a lot. Of course my target has had the same Renegades CC, FF and SE for months. At least the Arctic Destros are finally gone. My luck, they'll somehow restock those before I see Wave 4 show up.

Same here, still have wave 2 to get thru, almost gone though.. in all my areas. they have sold well actully. So im hoping wave 3 pops up any day now.

how many cases do stores get of each wave??

Joker
02-23-2012, 02:30 PM
I had similar problem with a Zombie Viper at Target the other day which I discussed in the NJ Sightings thread. However, mine had a very happy ending--the store manager just rung it up for $5.99 after trying for ten minutes to find the price.