PDA

View Full Version : The Other Retaliation Figures

Grunt1162
01-30-2012, 09:06 PM
We can probably guess what movie figures we'll get from the preview, but what other figures do you think we'll see from the movie line? Some repaints, maybe a vintage update or two thrown in? Here are a few I want to see:

-Repackage or repaints of the latest hard to find figures (SS and LL).

-Maybe some of the unreleased figures, like POC Alpine.

-How about Major Bludd.

Crimson Gord
01-30-2012, 09:15 PM
i would like to see a shock trooper repaint, with a more infantry geared loadout and maybe a different head.

captain mal
01-30-2012, 09:32 PM
It could be really cool if they gave us some classic-inspired figures in the Retaliation fill-out spaces.

Big Ben
Classic colors Law and Order
Crimson Guard Immortal
Soft Master or Billy

gunslingercbr
01-30-2012, 09:58 PM
It could be really cool if they gave us some classic-inspired figures in the Retaliation fill-out spaces.

Big Ben
Crimson Guard Immortal
Soft Master or Billy

Soft Master would seem to be a perfect inclusion considering the heavy ninja focus. Billy, not so much since it makes no sense in the ROC universe.

MeLikeJinx
01-30-2012, 10:00 PM
Re-release 30th SS please... don't really care about the Renegades version.

Steevy Maximus
01-30-2012, 10:35 PM
Re-release 30th SS please... don't really care about the Renegades version.
Which are the SAME THING

-Repackage or repaints of the latest hard to find figures (SS and LL).
We didn't see 25th repackages in RoC, I certainly don't expect to see such here. Besides Low Light got a redo in the recent Marauders 7 packs, and I'm sure we'll get a repaint or something of the recent Storm Shadow (and considering how many white ninja SS we've gotten, I'm not sure I see the fuss for this particular version. I actually think the Hall of Heroes version was better)
The 30th Storm Shadow will probably reappear...as a red ninja :p

-Maybe some of the unreleased figures, like POC Alpine.
Of all the unreleased stuff, I think PoC Alpine has a decent shot given the big mountain fight sequence we saw in the trailer. The Desert Scorpion could be revived as well since there is that big desert sequence as well.

But I really can't recall any significant unreleased figures that would work in the film's context.

-How about Major Bludd.
Is Major Bludd in the film? If not, then no, we probably won't get a figure of that character (and in film context, he may not end up too classic anyway)

I've been saying this for months, but I think it bears repeating:
Retaliation is NOT going to get the volume of product we saw in Rise of Cobra. We will NOT have two figure SKUs, we will NOT have 40 figures released in 2012 (at least I hope not given retail trends over the past 4 years).
Given the performance of many of RoC's items, I don't see retailers jumping onto big 8 figure multipacks or $50 vehicles as exclusives.

I wouldn't be surprised to see a classic nod here and there (again, PoC Alpine and Desert Scorpion both would work in contexts we've seen in the trailer), but I fully expect the core figure assortment, and most of the big vehicles (anything over $20) to stay pretty tightly tied to the film

Jinx723
01-30-2012, 11:44 PM
Maybe some of the unreleased figures, like POC Alpine.

Screw POC Alpine, Hasbro needs to re-release 25th/ME Alpine for all of those who never got the infamous 5th DVD Pack.

TheRealDubya
01-31-2012, 12:39 AM
Screw POC Alpine, Hasbro needs to re-release 25th/ME Alpine for all of those who never got the infamous 5th DVD Pack.

And who's fetching $80 fucking dollars at the moment.

atomsmasher
01-31-2012, 12:44 AM
Alpine would cost you guys 80? I got the whole pack for 15.

As for figures. I'm thinking of Cobra's troopers would be awesome from this movie they don't look half bad. I may want to swap CC's head with Resolute depending.

First Firefly looks more commando than a saboteur so I may want to army build him. Swat Troopers painted black and without shield for the bad guys at the start of the trailer.

Definitely a mixture of Joes on Screen and Off.

M_renegade
01-31-2012, 12:50 AM
We didn't see 25th repackages in RoC,

Barbeque.
Wet Suit
Torpedo
Para Viper
Aqua Viper
Cobra Eel
...sure i'm missing some.

Not to mention several kitbashes using old parts like Kamakura or Charbroil.

Of all the unreleased stuff, I think PoC Alpine has a decent shot given the big mountain fight sequence we saw in the trailer. The Desert Scorpion could be revived as well since there is that big desert sequence as well.

Same thought here.

But I really can't recall any significant unreleased figures that would work in the film's context.

Is Major Bludd in the film? If not, then no, we probably won't get a figure of that character (and in film context, he may not end up too classic anyway)

We had offscreen characters before.
Bludd makes some sense... maybe a kind of easter egg in the movie at best, like a viper officer or something like that... but

Big Ben
Crimson Guard Immortal
Soft Master or Billy

...psh, not at all.
Maybe Soft master... and not in arah style.
Again, this is not an Arah movie *shrug*

I've been saying this for months, but I think it bears repeating:
Retaliation is NOT going to get the volume of product we saw in Rise of Cobra. We will NOT have two figure SKUs, we will NOT have 40 figures released in 2012 (at least I hope not given retail trends over the past 4 years).

Sadly, most likely.
:(

Mandingo Rex
01-31-2012, 02:08 AM
Barbeque.
Wet Suit
Torpedo
Para Viper
Aqua Viper
Cobra Eel

Not to mention several kitbashes using old parts like Kamakura or Charbroil

Many sheer repaints or 25th kitbashes were store exclusives or vehicle drivers. ROC's highlight for me were almost exclusively the off-screen characters (granted, for fodder mostly, but a few were great, like "Rampage").

Just to name two dozen more:
Grand Slam (Wal-Mart)
Tripwire (Wal-Mart)
Roadblock (Wal-Mart)
Scrap-Iron (Wal-Mart)
Barbecue (TRU)
Shipwreck (TRU, arctic)
Firefly (TRU)
Doc (TRU)
Range-Viper (Target/Ross)
Copperhead (Wal-Mart + Vehicle Driver)
Tunnel Rat (Wal-Mart)
Gung-Ho (Wal-Mart)
Night Creeper (Wal-Mart)
Monkeyback (uughh... I mean, "Monkeywrench" - Wal-Mart)
Shockwave ("Shockblast" - Wal-Mart)
Tele-Viper (Wal-Mart)
Snow Serpent (TRU)
Beachhead
Snow Job
Wild Bill
Benchpress
Rollbar
Rampage
Frostbite
Air Raid
Thunder (Sgt. "Thunderblast")

Mandingo Rex
01-31-2012, 02:23 AM
As to the question the OP posted, this is something I wonder, too.

I am in the boat who thinks that, due to ROC hanging on the pegs at most retailers, that we'll see fewer waves and very few exclusives, save for maybe TRU... At least, not in the scale like last year, which is unfortunate. The Wal-Mart sets were fantastic, even with the crap figures scattered through some of them.

I also think we won't see many big vehicles, either. But I think we'll definitely see some decent off-screen guys, and some repaints of 30th/25th/POC/ME figures. It is Hasbro we're talking about, after all.

We'll probably see a repaint of 30th Storm Shadow as the red ninjas from the trailer. The 30th Snake Eyes and Shock Trooper torsos probably haven't seen the end of use yet, and I bet we'll see Lifeline repainted into something medic-y. I hope to see that parachute harness at some point, too.

Chances are, the good off-screen figures will show up in the later waves and distribution will be crap as usual. I have hopes that the Retaliation early wave offerings will be much better than ROC... Emphasis on hope.

poddie
01-31-2012, 04:14 AM

Bingo. Still pisses me off after pre-ordering 2 of every set. Then they release the 5th packed in a case with tons of the others repacked and I have never seen it.

Steevy Maximus
01-31-2012, 03:21 PM
Barbeque.
Wet Suit
Torpedo
Para Viper
Aqua Viper
Cobra Eel

All of those were repaints, I inferred from the original poster that he was referring to guys like like Low Light and Storm Shadow being released EXACTLY the same, but on movie cardbacks. Which is NOT something we've seen Hasbro do in a majority of its product lines.

CrimsonGuard101
01-31-2012, 03:29 PM
If they ends up in waves 3 or 4 you wont see em :) much less waves 5 or 6....you knwo wave 1 will be 400 roadblocks and dukes in various dress and at least 5 snakeyes variants and chase figures...wave 2 will be the same cept add 1 cobra trooper to the pack out and Lady Jaye....wave 3 will include the standard Joe Uniform Jinx...then wave 4,5,6 will get interesting cause it will be around Christmas again and if the stores have not gotten thier systems straitened out this time around...then I expect the same things again to repeat themselves...no product on the shelf cept the left overs from the previous waves.

Pre-order these when they hit your favoritie retailer....do not sit back and wait...or Sci-Fi and Rengeades Storm Shadow will laugh at you...

80sKid
01-31-2012, 03:47 PM
If they ends up in waves 3 or 4 you wont see em :) much less waves 5 or 6....you knwo wave 1 will be 400 roadblocks and dukes in various dress and at least 5 snakeyes variants and chase figures...wave 2 will be the same cept add 1 cobra trooper to the pack out and Lady Jaye....wave 3 will include the standard Joe Uniform Jinx...then wave 4,5,6 will get interesting cause it will be around Christmas again and if the stores have not gotten thier systems straitened out this time around...then I expect the same things again to repeat themselves...no product on the shelf cept the left overs from the previous waves.

Pre-order these when they hit your favoritie retailer....do not sit back and wait...or Sci-Fi and Rengeades Storm Shadow will laugh at you...

Preach on!!! We can pretty much count on this happening. If history has taught us anything this is how Hasbro and the retailers roll...

Grunt1162
01-31-2012, 08:58 PM
All of those were repaints, I inferred from the original poster that he was referring to guys like like Low Light and Storm Shadow being released EXACTLY the same, but on movie cardbacks. Which is NOT something we've seen Hasbro do in a majority of its product lines.

I said repaints, which I would assume would be the scenario. The repaint of the Paraviper was one of the best looking figures of ROC.

I also assume we won't see as much product or exclusives as Roc, but I see us getting more than POC or 30th. This is a movie release and will move more product than non-movie years.

youdoitimbusy
01-31-2012, 09:09 PM

im not big on the re- release idea. I think these gems are good for the secondary market. It always upsets me when I look everywhere, then pay more than retail for a figure they re-release. I would like to see a new version though.