PDA

View Full Version : PLEASE HELP!!! IM Frustrated!!!!

RECON_09
01-06-2012, 06:06 AM
Hey there fellow Hiss Tankers! Hey, I'm from Auburn, WA. I'm looking for the latest Renegades: Storm Shadow, Sci-Fi, Lifeline, AirTight, Law & Order, and Zombie Viper. I have been in so many stores! 2 weeks before Christmas and I have kept going in stores up to now almost every day. They still only have the same old Renegade JOEs. They don't have any of the new ones!!! Whenever I ask, they act stupid as if they don't know anything. I've even been to every Wall-Mart, Target, and Fred Meyer from my surrounding cities: Covington, Kent, Auburn to Federal Way!
Where can I get them and when? When are the stores going to get them??? Please HELP!!!
Please PM me!

osiris
01-06-2012, 06:10 AM
pm sent

Diles46
01-06-2012, 06:24 AM
they're acting stupid when you ask because they are stupid to the information of "where are these joes". I'm in the same pickle as you are here in Kansas City, just scouted 4 differnet wally worls in 3 different counties..... nada. I hope we get some late shipments but I am about to turn to the interwebs for a case

KingBiohazerd
01-06-2012, 06:30 AM
Order them online and stop your suffering don't do it and continue to suffer and be frustrated!

Fred Broca XIII
01-06-2012, 07:00 AM
Haven't seen these in Springfield, MO area yet either...and we have 9 Walmart stores within 15 miles from my house plus a Toys R Us and a Target...of course...of the 9 Walmart stores only 3 even carry GI Joes and only 2 of those carry vehicles as well...our Toys R Us is worse about restocking their shelves than Walmart if you can believe that, and Target gets cleaned out of anything new if you don't camp there (I actually had to punch a dude in his stupid-ass face for trying to snatch the last Target Exclusive Rattler out of my hands...dick)

...I never saw any PoC stuff after Wave 4 came out...and we only got like two cases of Wave 2 Poc in the whole area...all our shelves have currently are Renegades Firefly, Renegades Snake Eyes, and Poc Arctic Destro

dcooper
01-06-2012, 07:57 AM
Check Walgreens

MonkeyBoyZ
01-06-2012, 08:19 AM
Whenever I ask, they act stupid as if they don't know anything.

I had this same experience weeks before christmas. The"department lead" of toys in my local Walmart told me that the new GI Joe wave wouldn't be ordered until all the older wave was sold down. "It's just how the system works". Three days later the new wave was there with the older wave still on the pegs. The reasopn they act as if they don't know anything is because they don't know anything. Usually there is a target number the inventory system needs to reach to auto order new product. Provided the inventory numbers are accurate and walmart has the product, they will get them.
If you use the internet to get your fix, it will lack the thrill of the hunt but it will also save you the misery of lazy retail stores.

Splintershins
01-06-2012, 08:27 AM
I ordered online and they arrived at my door, with shipping it only cost $7 per figure. I don't understand people who'll drive all over the place looking for stuff they can have delivered for the same price. I didn't have to tip the delivery guy, if that's what you're worried about.

This can be a frustrating hobby if you spend that much time tracking down hard to get figures at brick and mortar stores.

P8_Pro
01-06-2012, 08:28 AM
In a perfect world, retail establishments would cater to every particularity of the so called "collector". Unfortunately, reality doesn't reflect that. These are just toys and nobody really gives a shit. Retail would need an exclusive "toy team" to even begin to manage and control the demand of collectors which will never happen. But there are others that do...................

DO YOURSELF a favor and explore one of the sites sponsors to the right. I support online toy shops that create a system and inventory to get EVERYTHING I'm looking for. Factor in gas costs and more importantly time, the only sane decision is to go online. I have converted almost exclusively to this route and haven't looked back.

In a way its sort of our revenge back at retail for their poor practice in not giving us everything we want, when we want it, dammitt!!! :)

MeLikeJinx
01-06-2012, 09:27 AM
I am slowing coming to terms with the fact that I will probably never get a Renegades Stormy or 30th Lifeline and Sci-fi... sucks... but thems the breaks I guess. Life goes on...

Troynos
01-06-2012, 09:31 AM
Joes have been sporadically ordered since the end of RoC. Some areas are better then others.

My area JUST got the first 4 Renegades figures on the shelves before Christmas. I have no doubt that the other figures will never show up.

Order online.

mightyjl
01-06-2012, 10:41 AM
Walmart doesn't care about your G.I. Joe collection.

ORDER THEM ONLINE!!!

Dropkick
01-06-2012, 10:42 AM
I found the zombie viper & Sci Fi at a Walgreens in Oregon. Check those stores out in your area, but you're best bet if you want to make sure you get them is online. BBTS had a great deal before Christmas. Small Joes is another place I've shopped.
They may be a bit more pricey than some of the box stores but think about how much gas you've spent already.

Steelgrave
01-06-2012, 10:45 AM
As soon as I find a place that has Sci-Fi IN STOCK for a decent price I'm ordering online. It'll probably be a while though.

Black Llama
01-06-2012, 10:54 AM
Option A. You spend the 90$ or so for a case on Ebay or you buy a single Wave 3 Story Shadow for almost 30$ (with shipping).

Option B. Be patient. Walgreens and Stop and Shop are my hopes for finding these guys, I really hate paying more than retail for toys that are available, well, at retail. I'm more than happy to sit and wait a few months to see what shakes out in the stores.

The wave wasn't even supposed to hit until early this year, if you just give it a little bit of time and see how it pans out. Who knows is Resolute Storm Shadow is going to be the next Variant Wraith or the next RoC Kamakura.

USAgent
01-06-2012, 11:22 AM
Did I talk with you about this briefly at Fred Meyer? The Walmart and Walgreens there both had them at one point- so they should get more eventually. The two times they have been at walmart was pretty early in the A.M. Federal Way Walmart had a Renegade trooper and technoviper or two if I remember- but that was it. There out there- but demand is still pretty dang high and distribution still a little slow

Ixz72
01-06-2012, 11:29 AM
I would recommend buying them online. I know people talk about the thrill of the hunt but with gas at over $3.25/ gallon, I would rather pay shipping, especially if I plan to buy multiple figures.

Saves me the frustration, time and gas. Just something to think about.

Steelgrave
01-06-2012, 12:36 PM
I would recommend buying them online. I know people talk about the thrill of the hunt but with gas at over $3.25/ gallon, I would rather pay shipping, especially if I plan to buy multiple figures.

Saves me the frustration, time and gas. Just something to think about.

How can you buy them online when they're constantly SOLD OUT?

RogueWingnut
01-06-2012, 12:38 PM

There is a lesson you must learn
PreOrder is your friend

Toecutter
01-06-2012, 12:39 PM
Seriously, just order online. Save yourself the time and gas. Even with the shipping costs its still cheaper than "hunting" stuff down. You get want you want delivered to your door.

Troynos
01-06-2012, 12:40 PM

You buy 'em online when they first become available.

If you wait, hoping to find them in the stores, then you'll lose out online.

Steelgrave
01-06-2012, 12:41 PM
PreOrder is your friend

How can you pre-order when the pre-orders are always SOLD OUT? I only want Sci-Fi and every place I looked his pre-order was already sold out. And i totally missed him when he was on Toys R Us. I can't fight all the fucking vultures. I don't sit in front of the computer 24/7. So online really isn't an option for me. All I ever see is

SOLD OUT

Toecutter
01-06-2012, 12:44 PM
You must be vigilant. Preorders for single figures sell out quick, but for sets/cases you can get your order in if you visit BBTS everyday.

Troynos
01-06-2012, 12:45 PM
How can you pre-order when the pre-orders are always SOLD OUT? I only want Sci-Fi and every place I looked his pre-order was already sold out. And i totally missed him when he was on Toys R Us. I can't fight all the fucking vultures. I don't sit in front of the computer 24/7.

I managed to snag a Sci-Fi from Kokomo a week after the pre-orders went up.

I pre-ordered a case on BBTS the day they went up and canceled it and was still able to order individuals of Airtight, Sci-Fi and Lifeline on Kokomo days later.

krisk
01-06-2012, 12:45 PM
This time around.....I preordered the cases I want......and if I happen to find any Joes on the pegs........then I can enjoy that or share with others who cant find em!

Steelgrave
01-06-2012, 12:46 PM
You must be vigilant. Preorders for single figures sell out quick, but for sets/cases you can get your order in if you visit BBTS everyday.

I don't want sets or cases. And I always miss the singles.

If Hasbro packed the damned things properly I wouldn't have any trouble. But 1 per case is friggin ridiculous!

Steelgrave
01-06-2012, 12:47 PM
I managed to snag a Sci-Fi from Kokomo a week after the pre-orders went up.

I pre-ordered a case on BBTS the day they went up and canceled it and was still able to order individuals of Airtight, Sci-Fi and Lifeline on Kokomo days later.

I didn't see Sci-Fi on Kokomos. I only saw Techno-Viper & a few others I didn't want. I would have ordered a few Sci-Fi's if I had seen them. I would have ordered a few Sci-Fi's from TRU if i wasn't too late as usual.

Tom-1
01-06-2012, 12:50 PM
As soon as I find a place that has Sci-Fi IN STOCK for a decent price I'm ordering online. It'll probably be a while though.

Kokomo Toys, SmallJoes and BBTS had the figures up for pre-order for weeks if not months. BBTS just had a slew of Sci-fis, Lifelines and Airtights up for individual sale two days ago - I know because I bought some Zombie Vipers and was surprised to see the others. I did the usual BBTS inventory check and they had over 100 Sci-fis.

I suppose, since it's a pre-order, the idea of getting them BEOFRE any other store has them as 'in stock' is unappealing to you, not to mention their asking price is indecent enough to turn you away, yes?

Tom

Nirvana
01-06-2012, 12:52 PM

TRU.com only just sold out of the 4 Joes again the other day. They were up for almost a week. Two site sponsors still list Zombie Vipers. They can be found.

Steelgrave
01-06-2012, 12:55 PM
Kokomo Toys, SmallJoes and BBTS had the figures up for pre-order for weeks if not months. BBTS just had a slew of Sci-fis, Lifelines and Airtights up for individual sale two days ago - I know because I bought some Zombie Vipers and was surprised to see the others. I did the usual BBTS inventory check and they had over 100 Sci-fis.

I suppose, since it's a pre-order, the idea of getting them BEOFRE any other store has them as 'in stock' is unappealing to you, not to mention their asking price is indecent enough to turn you away, yes?

Tom

I'm looking for extras so I can start customizing some. So I'm not interested in paying $13 just for custom fodder.

The whole problem is the 1 per case BS. I'd be all set if they were packed 2 per case. I found 3 at a Walmart before X-mas, could have been 6. And I could have been done.

TRU.com only just sold out of the 4 Joes again the other day. They were up for almost a week.

That's bullshit! I've been refreshing TRU.com ever since they were first posted on here & I've never seen Sci-Fi IN STOCK yet.

Nirvana
01-06-2012, 01:05 PM
That's bullshit! I've been refreshing TRU.com ever since they were first posted on here & I've never seen Sci-Fi IN STOCK yet.

And yet I and many others placed an order on the 30th or later, well after the first listing.

Tom-1
01-06-2012, 01:05 PM
I'm looking for extras so I can start customizing some. So I'm not interested in paying $13 just for custom fodder.

The whole problem is the 1 per case BS. I'd be all set if they were packed 2 per case. I found 3 at a Walmart before X-mas, could have been 6. And I could have been done.

Time out.

You already have one... and you're upset that you don't have a bunch to customize?

Veedox
01-06-2012, 01:07 PM
Everyone is acting like we have all seen the last of Waves 3 and 4 for 30th. While there is a chance that may be true, I think we will see these wave continue to be stocked at Wal Mart, TRU and they will show up at Targets. This spring, they will be clogging the pegs before the movie.

Toecutter
01-06-2012, 01:13 PM
Wow. Way too much nerd rage in this thread...I am out.

Psycho Joe Guy
01-06-2012, 01:25 PM
Everyone is acting like we have all seen the last of Waves 3 and 4 for 30th. While there is a chance that may be true, I think we will see these wave continue to be stocked at Wal Mart, TRU and they will show up at Targets. This spring, they will be clogging the pegs before the movie.

Would you care to place a wager on that?

Gyre-Viper
01-06-2012, 01:25 PM
i can't. nevermind. just.... can't.

KingBiohazerd
01-06-2012, 01:30 PM
I see that it didn't take long before this turned into a whine fest! Some time in a hobby you have to pay a little more for the things you want if your not will to do that then suffer and be one of the have nots

Ixz72
01-06-2012, 01:36 PM

Even if they are sold out, the only thing you wasted is time if you do it online vs. hunting for them where yo will waste time and gas. Also, if one site does not have it others will. Like others have said, be vigilant and if you think about it, you have a better chance of scoring them online than you do hunting for them. It's just a matter of how much you want to pay for them.

I see that it didn't take long before this turned into a whine fest! Some time in a hobby you have to pay a little more for the things you want if your not will to do that then suffer and be one of the have nots

^^^What he said!!!^^^

gunslingercbr
01-06-2012, 01:54 PM
Hey there fellow Hiss Tankers! Hey, I'm from Auburn, WA. I'm looking for the latest Renegades: Storm Shadow, Sci-Fi, Lifeline, AirTight, Law & Order, and Zombie Viper. I have been in so many stores! 2 weeks before Christmas and I have kept going in stores up to now almost every day. They still only have the same old Renegade JOEs. They don't have any of the new ones!!! Whenever I ask, they act stupid as if they don't know anything. I've even been to every Wall-Mart, Target, and Fred Meyer from my surrounding cities: Covington, Kent, Auburn to Federal Way!
Where can I get them and when? When are the stores going to get them??? Please HELP!!!
Please PM me!

I'm going to offer you the real help you actually need.

nothing about toys should lead to any sort of frustration. if they do you need to re-evaluate the importance you are placing on these toys in your life, as well what you are doing in your life to instigate such frustration.

if searching for toys is leading to that frustration, stop searching for them. retail stores aren't the only place to buy toys; go online, buy in cases, etc. isn't all the time you have wasted, not to mention the frustration, worth the extra few dollars you would have spent to have made a few clicks and received them rather than wasting the time and energy you have?

the problem here isn't that you can't find the toys, it is that you are behaving in an emotionally destructive manner as well have placed an irrational level of importance on these toys.

stop your current behavior which is what is the source of your frustration and you will cease to be frustrated. that has nothing to do with the toys or finding them.

KingBiohazerd
01-06-2012, 02:03 PM

nothing about toys should lead to any sort of frustration. if they do you need to re-evaluate the importance you are placing on these toys in your life, as well what you are doing in your life to instigate such frustration.

if searching for toys is leading to that frustration, stop searching for them. retail stores aren't the only place to buy toys; go online, buy in cases, etc. isn't all the time you have wasted, not to mention the frustration, worth the extra few dollars you would have spent to have made a few clicks and received them rather than wasting the time and energy you have?

the problem here isn't that you can't find the toys, it is that you are behaving in an emotionally destructive manner as well have placed an irrational level of importance on these toys.

stop your current behavior which is what is the source of your frustration and you will cease to be frustrated. that has nothing to do with the toys or finding them.

Ahhh fuck I agree with you the world will now end in 72 hours. You can't reason with them I don't Even bother to try anymore. They would rather bitch,cry,whine,moan and grown and then turn to hate then take any sound minded advice.

Samh77
01-06-2012, 03:42 PM
I am slowing coming to terms with the fact that I will probably never get a Renegades Stormy or 30th Lifeline and Sci-fi... sucks... but thems the breaks I guess. Life goes on...

I have MOC Lifeline if your interested. PM me and let me know.

SonOfMindbender
01-06-2012, 03:44 PM
Ahhh fuck I agree with you the world will now end in 72 hours. You can't reason with them I don't Even bother to try anymore. They would rather bitch,cry,whine,moan and grown and then turn to hate then take any sound minded advice.

You are not wrong sir...Now, I'm a betting man who looks at History. Last year some of the POC hard to find waves started showing up more in Mar/April. This year, there is a movie coming and no reason yet for retail to restock toys. By the way, How are those POC wave 5 & 6 figures going for you? Still waiting for Ross? How about all of those Low Lights? What, no Sci-Fi yet? Maybe buying online isn't such a sucker bet...hmmmmmmmm.

KingBiohazerd
01-06-2012, 04:00 PM
You are not wrong sir...Now, I'm a betting man who looks at History. Last year some of the POC hard to find waves started showing up more in Mar/April. This year, there is a movie coming and no reason yet for retail to restock toys. By the way, How are those POC wave 5 & 6 figures going for you? Still waiting for Ross? How about all of those Low Lights? What, no Sci-Fi yet? Maybe buying online isn't such a sucker bet...hmmmmmmmm.
so true so true

xSwamiJayx
01-06-2012, 04:33 PM

Oh... My.

I think I love you.

UMAN
01-06-2012, 05:03 PM
cbr, could you ever just shut up or place nice for once? Let the guy talk about his collecting experience. Of course he's not frustrated to the point he's losing hair or anything. Quit being so antisocial for Christ's sake.

gunslingercbr
01-06-2012, 05:16 PM
cbr, could you ever just shut up or place nice for once? Let the guy talk about his collecting experience. Of course he's not frustrated to the point he's losing hair or anything. Quit being so antisocial for Christ's sake.
he asked for help. either participate in his request or take your own advice and keep your fingers off the keyboard.

Ziva DeCobray
01-06-2012, 05:18 PM

Oh... My.
I think I love you.

Cacadooky
01-06-2012, 05:19 PM
Here in sac of balls town we get them randomly an that's ok, I acknowledge the fact I can buy a case on the web, but I do like the thrill of the hunt at stores, but also there are toy shows here in town where people try to scalp the joes out to people who don't know much, for example a young lad told me he would sell his zombie viper for 20.00 and that's my best deal! Really!? No thanks

UMAN
01-06-2012, 05:20 PM
he asked for help. either participate in his request or take your own advice and keep your fingers off the keyboard.

My point to you is that you seem to love to take the time to point out the flaws in other peoples' arguments or concerns and devolve them into a non-issue. Your attitude toward other collectors is as if this is YOUR hobby that WE are participating in.

Wave 4 is hard to find at the moment. It could be temporary, or perhaps not. No one knows, and not knowing is frustrating. Have some sympathy. We're all supposed to be on the same side, man.

We come to message board sites as collectors to voice our concerns with our peers, not to be shot down and made to feel inferior.

Dealer Destro
01-06-2012, 05:24 PM
As much as it sucks not finding figures at retail, I really don't; stress about it anymore. If it is that frustrating to you perhaps you should smoke an inordinate amount of canibus and just chiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiil......

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vnO5bKvYYMk

Primo_Baddest
01-06-2012, 05:28 PM
As much as it sucks not finding figures at retail, I really don't; stress about it anymore. If it is that frustrating to you perhaps you should smoke an inordinate amount of canibus and just chiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiil......

this. haha I want lifeline and another stormy for customs, and law too but thats not going to happen here in Seattle at retail thats for sure.

good thing the PNW gots good herb

gunslingercbr
01-06-2012, 05:29 PM
My point to you is that you seem to love to take the time to point out the flaws in other peoples' arguments or concerns and devolve them into a non-issue. Your attitude toward other collectors is as if this is YOUR hobby that WE are participating in.

Wave 4 is hard to find at the moment. It could be temporary, or perhaps not. No one knows, and not knowing is frustrating. Have some sympathy. We're all supposed to be on the same side, man.

We come to message board sites as collectors to voice our concerns with our peers, not to be shot down and made to feel inferior.

giving him the help he asked for in no way has anything to do with making him feel inferior.

you seem to not grasp his plea. wave 4 is hard to find at retail, he has wasted a lot of time and energy searching for it and he is frustrated. the help he needs isn't to hear "it is hard to find now, just wait and maybe it won't be later."

what he needs to hear is to stop placing such a high value on these figures that he feels compelled to search over and over again for them to the point of frustration. and two, stop behaving in the manner that creates that frustration -- the fruitless searching -- and simply buy them elsewhere.

nothing about that sound advice bares any resemblance to your interpretation of it.

UMAN
01-06-2012, 05:31 PM
giving him the help he asked for in no way has anything to do with making him feel inferior.

you seem to not grasp his plea. wave 4 is hard to find at retail, he has wasted a lot of time and energy searching for it and he is frustrated. the help he needs isn't to hear "it is hard to find now, just wait and maybe it won't be later."

what he needs to hear is to stop placing such a high value on these figures that he feels compelled to search over and over again for them to the point of frustration. and two, stop behaving in the manner that creates that frustration -- the fruitless searching -- and simply buy them elsewhere.

nothing about that sound advice bares any resemblance to your interpretation of it.

Nevermind, there's just no talking to you.

ndb
01-06-2012, 05:38 PM
I need pretty much all of wave 4 except Law (pending), the Zombie, and Sci-fi. From wave 3 a storm shadow and 5 renegades troopers.

Anybody wanna help? Please? *puppy dog eyes*

Primo_Baddest
01-06-2012, 05:40 PM
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZTKXflPq2fU

Python_Puckman
01-06-2012, 05:56 PM
BBTS is your friend... well, my friend anyway. F walmart!!!

A.C.T.
01-06-2012, 06:16 PM
I got wave 3 From bbts with two extra & wave 4 from eBay. Both at great prices.

A.C.T.
01-06-2012, 06:17 PM
Oh yeah, fuck retail.

gyrapados
01-06-2012, 06:21 PM
Order them online and stop your suffering don't do it and continue to suffer and be frustrated!

I think that's about the best advice anyone could offer at this point. Glad I decided to get my wave 4 figures online a few weeks back or I'd be going crazy right now.

Cobra_Seph
01-06-2012, 06:25 PM
the advice has been given. you will be much better buying online man. get all you need fast and easy and throw those endless trips to check for joe's away. pretty much everything can be found on Ebay at almost fair price (think on all the gas and time you could spend junt hunting for them) or our site sponsors. i was just like you and believe me.. i wanted to punch every idiot that laughed at me for not finding the toy i was looking in their @#ity stores.

good luck mate and take the advice.. you will thank us for it.

figureware
01-06-2012, 06:31 PM
Yeah Online prices are crazy and they are sold out of everything! oh and shipping? BBTS would cost me $30+ for two Zombie vipers! You can figs off line but troop building just isnt worth it...feed a small country, build an actual rebel force in a third world country...about the same cost!

Griff
01-06-2012, 06:32 PM
How can you pre-order when the pre-orders are always SOLD OUT? I only want Sci-Fi and every place I looked his pre-order was already sold out. And i totally missed him when he was on Toys R Us. I can't fight all the fucking vultures. I don't sit in front of the computer 24/7. So online really isn't an option for me. All I ever see is

SOLD OUT

yah pretty much the same thing. and if they ARE instock the "hot" figrues are like 12.99 or some lame shit.

RogueWingnut
01-06-2012, 06:34 PM

SOLD OUT

Tip of advice
Stop wasting your time on Hisstank flaming up threads with bitching and watch the news flashes. The day the preorders were available for BBTS, I ordered. They were available for almost 3-4 days before they were completely sold out. I know that Kokomo had most of them for awhile as well. Stop complaining and do the work like everyone else.

You're already too damn high strung apparently from life so if being unable to Pre-Order and pay attention to the news forum is causing you this much grief and consternation, you need legitimate pyschological help.

RogueWingnut
01-06-2012, 06:41 PM
OMG.
I opened the news section and found the link of BBTS talking about new things available. One of them was a BBTS link to a Wave 3 case. I did some digging on their site and found...

GI Joe 2012 Series 04 - Case of 12 - GI Joe 2010 - 2012 GI Joe 3.75" Figures (http://www.bigbadtoystore.com/bbts/product.aspx?product=HAS21041&mode=retail)

OMG.
84.99 / 12 = 7.08
Tack On shipping, thats cheaper than Walmart and prolly the 5 tanks of gas you wasted.

krooklyn
01-06-2012, 06:47 PM
Please PM me!

Geezus. Relax. Shop online if it helps.

iya818pque
01-06-2012, 07:02 PM
quit bitchin' and pre-order early. If you can't afford to pay extra for shipping and such then get out of the game.

Flint4107
01-06-2012, 07:12 PM
It's a gamble. I find the hunt okay because I found stores that are on my regular work route between home and work. It paid off too. Picked up a Techno Viper and a Renegades Storm Shadow off the pegs right in front for all to see.

For spending gas try combining trips, go out when you've got to get something else like groceries or laundry soap or something so that the search is not a complete waste.

I think E-bay should just be a last resort.

RECON_09
01-06-2012, 07:55 PM

Thanks guys for the positive replys. I'm actually a full-time college student in pre-med and I'M paying for it, so I don't have $90 to spend on a case of JOEs. And when I have time to stop at a store, it's frustrating because of scalpers. Thanks for those who replied in kindness and with help rather than those who replied with sarcasm and critisism.

kndy
01-06-2012, 08:12 PM
Thanks guys for the positive replys. I'm actually a full-time college student in pre-med and I'M paying for it, so I don't have $90 to spend on a case of JOEs. And when I have time to stop at a store, it's frustrating because of scalpers. Thanks for those who replied in kindness and with help rather than those who replied with sarcasm and critisism.

No problem. I'm in the same position as you...I was holding out hope that distribution had gotten better than what people experienced with PoC. And while Wave 1-3 were no problem, wave 4 has not come and I'm slowly realizing that it probably won't.

Sure, I could have alleviated the frustration by ordering online but I really had hope that Wave 4 would be easy to find (as wave 1-3 were) but knock on wood, maybe we will see some mysterious shipment to the retail stores this month. (knock on wood)

ndb
01-06-2012, 08:15 PM
After looking at bigbadtoystore and entertainment earth, it seems that storm shadow is the only one that won't be
In revision cases in January!

CrimsonGuard101
01-06-2012, 08:24 PM
Heres your chance

GI Joe 2012 Series 04 - Case of 12 - GI Joe 2010 - 2012 GI Joe 3.75" Figures (http://www.bigbadtoystore.com/bbts/product.aspx?product=HAS21041&mode=retail)

Pre-order that you will have everything you want...cept Storm shadow and if you need him go here

you can get him while supplies last:

GI JOE Wave 3 RENEGADES Tunnel Rat Scarlett Ripcord Storm Shadow MOMC In Hand | eBay (http://www.ebay.com/itm/GI-JOE-Wave-3-RENEGADES-Tunnel-Rat-Scarlett-Ripcord-Storm-Shadow-MOMC-Hand-/320824501467?pt=LH_DefaultDomain_0&hash=item4ab2a164db)

I dunno how many times people said to pre-order when you first get teh chance. Continuing to wait on retail, especailly during the christmas season = FUTILE....

CompleX
01-06-2012, 08:26 PM
i find that patience works wonders. looking for figs during the xmas season can be equally frustrating. eventually you'll find what you want, but maybe not when you want it.

shdwknt
01-06-2012, 09:27 PM
I have 6 cases of this wave coming in ontop of the 1 case I have of mine -- $10 each fig + shipping or an entire case for $115.00

First come first serve -- I hope to have the site back up in a week or so - but I will move these cases outside of the site for anyone that wants to get at me first. 6 cases only. 1 of each figure only if you are going to buy singles.

KingBiohazerd
01-06-2012, 09:34 PM
Ok boys and girls what have we learned? Ordering online for all later waves is the way to go. Retail sucks after xmas! F-walmart so after 8 pages that's a sum up and here's my new reply.

You can beg for mercy but chances are you won't get any! Time to Cowboy the fuck up and get what you want!

gunslingercbr
01-06-2012, 09:40 PM
Ok boys and girls what have we learned? Ordering online for all later waves is the way to go. Retail sucks after xmas! F-walmart so after 8 pages that's a sum up and here's my new reply.

retail sucks in general if you don't have the option of getting to the stores early if you live in a heavy collector area.

rugrat
01-06-2012, 09:45 PM
Got mine online. Saved lots of trouble and f-in gas money

ndb
01-06-2012, 09:46 PM
Well I've never preordered and almost always been able to get my joes at retail, but this year I haven't been able to find them. I dunno, I kinda like hunting joes. It's da thrill of the hunt.

Also known in some cultures as stupidity. :P

80sKid
01-06-2012, 10:18 PM
PreOrder is your friend

I know everyone talks up preordering cases from BBTS to ensure you get all the figures you want. It makes sense for some but for me no. See I don't have the biggest toy budget so I can never afford to spend $70+ at any given time on toys so yes I waste gas money but I buy 1 figure this week, 3 the next, etc... I wish I could avoid the headache of driving around and missing out on certain figures altogether but it is what it is...

KingBiohazerd
01-06-2012, 10:19 PM
retail sucks in general if you don't have the option of getting to the stores early if you live in a heavy collector area.

Add this in with my message

80sKid
01-06-2012, 10:20 PM
Well I've never preordered and almost always been able to get my joes at retail, but this year I haven't been able to find them. I dunno, I kinda like hunting joes. It's da thrill of the hunt.

Also known in some cultures as stupidity. :P

This too! I'd say 70% of the reason I collect is the thrill of the hunt. Ordering online takes that out of the equation and thus most of the enjoyment out of the whole experience.

dmizrok
01-06-2012, 10:56 PM
I know everyone talks up preordering cases from BBTS to ensure you get all the figures you want. It makes sense for some but for me no. See I don't have the biggest toy budget so I can never afford to spend $70+ at any given time on toys so yes I waste gas money but I buy 1 figure this week, 3 the next, etc... I wish I could avoid the headache of driving around and missing out on certain figures altogether but it is what it is...

Yes...i agree with this....

xSwamiJayx
01-06-2012, 10:58 PM

Wait.

There are OTHER collectors out there that shop in the very same stores that I do?

Nuh uh. Why is you lyin' for?

Next you'll tell me that little kids play with these things.

Oh, CBR, you CRAZY!

figureware
01-06-2012, 11:10 PM
six Zombie vipers at Wal Mart $41.82 (roughly before tax)
six Zombie Vipers online (BBTS) $71.94 (also roughly before tax)
six Zombie Vipers online (ebay avg price) $107.94

KingBiohazerd
01-06-2012, 11:16 PM
Finding thous zombie vipers at retail almost impossible plus you haven't factor in gas and your time and frustration unless thous don't exist in your world and your car is foot powered.

figureware
01-06-2012, 11:21 PM
Did not factor in gas true...also did not factor in shipping for online orders as well.

GI abe444
01-06-2012, 11:25 PM
Havent seen them near here Watertown sorry. Been looking my self.

KingBiohazerd
01-06-2012, 11:26 PM
Shipping will come out cheaper almost every time not in less you run into a store that as everything your looking for in one shot plus bbts doesn't charge tax.

kneroh
01-06-2012, 11:30 PM
Sometimes if I really want something I'll spend 2 extra dollars to get it. It beats whining for 6 months about not having it.

Iron Guru
01-06-2012, 11:36 PM
Sometimes if I really want something I'll spend 2 extra dollars to get it. It beats whining for 6 months about not having it.

^^^
I concur.

CompleX
01-07-2012, 12:18 AM

well said.

cobracobra
01-07-2012, 12:28 AM
Oh boy I am enjoying my wave 4 case and 2 extra zombie vipers spread from TOYCADE. Shopping online is the only way to go.
I would never find this shit in retail.

blackman2005
01-07-2012, 12:35 AM
http://i.qkme.me/35c8np.jpg

Barefoot Jedi
01-07-2012, 12:50 AM

This much is TRUE!!!
Spandau Ballet - True - YouTube (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=AR8D2yqgQ1U&ob=av2e)

gunslingercbr
01-07-2012, 01:20 AM
six Zombie vipers at Wal Mart $41.82 (roughly before tax)
six Zombie Vipers online (BBTS) $71.94 (also roughly before tax)
six Zombie Vipers online (ebay avg price) $107.94
you forgot the other scenario:
0 Zombie Vipers at retail $0

did you forget that was a realistic scenario or simply conveniently leave it out because it weakens whatever argument you are making?

kind of a ridiculous post to make in a thread complaining about not being able to find figures, nevertheless 6 of them, meaning not finding them at retail seems to be a realistic outcome collectors have to consider when making their purchasing decisions.

gunslingercbr
01-07-2012, 01:21 AM
Wait.

There are OTHER collectors out there that shop in the very same stores that I do?

Nuh uh. Why is you lyin' for?

Next you'll tell me that little kids play with these things.

Oh, CBR, you CRAZY!

I is.

I meant it's me, then its all scalpers!

Barefoot Jedi
01-07-2012, 01:27 AM
meaning not finding them at retail seems to be a realistic outcome collectors have to consider when making their purchasing decisions.

It's a realistic outcome in my world. Ay, caramba.

I didn't stress too much before, but I'm enjoying my collecting so much more having pre-ordered what I wanted. Desiring 18 Technos and 24 Zombies...it was really the best choice by far.

My city so far has received 2 cases of Wave 3 that I know of and zero Wave 4 cases. In both instances I saw remnants on the pegs and on the second occasion the four earlier wave action figures from the Wave 3 case and none of the new ones but I know that's where they came from 'cause the pegs had been empty before.

I used to take my chances at retail and for many years that choice was eventually rewarded BUT in the last two years I have noticed product distribution really dwindle. In the volumes I purchase, it really makes a whole lot more sense for me just to pre-order what I really want. The TIME I save alone is worth the extra money.

gunslingercbr
01-07-2012, 01:32 AM
I used to take my chances at retail and for many years that choice was eventually rewarded BUT in the last two years I have noticed product distribution really dwindle. In the volumes I purchase, it really makes a whole lot more sense for me just to pre-order what I really want. The TIME I save alone is worth the extra money.

and on top of that, you make the purchase in one fell swoop and don't even have to think about them ever again until they are in your hands.

the last wave I bought at retail and didn't order online was POC wave 5 because I didn't care whether I found them or not. same with wave 6 and I never did.

but starting with POC wave 3 on I've ordered everything online, as well as the later 25th Anniversary stuff.

RogueWingnut
01-07-2012, 01:35 AM

Yes...i agree with this....

No. Your logic is flawed.
You simply need to show some discipline and think it through.

1 - Buy a jar or use an empty mayo jar or even a Milk Gallon Jug.

2 - Stop hunting retail period especially during the periods of the year that its going to be extremely difficult to find new stuff. (i.e. the holiday and the month after)

3 - Take 10-15 bucks a week depending on your budget and shove it in the container you chose in Item 1. Why? Because thats what you might have spent at retail with extra added in for the gas you didnt waste on a run or 2 or 3 or 4.

4 - If you "have" to shop, pick 1 stop on the way to and 1 stop on the way from work that doesnt deviate horribly from your drivepath and allows a quick in/out that doesnt waste gas.

You will find that not only do you have the cash to order these cases online, you'll actually have more cash on hand period in your account.

I did not believe it for a long time. I was a 2-3stop a day minimum person. Ever since I switched earlier this summer, with an exception during the holidays of once a week driving out of my way to TRU because they kept getting W4 in and it was at least worth a look, I've been better financially, mentally, and emotionally because I have used the money saved by just using a small bit of discipline to get whatever I need whenever I needed when it came to Preorder without frustration.

Bout the only thing I'm most frustrated with these days is not being able to help my IG's brothers and reading this thread.

Thats why I'm done with POC/30th and just waiting for my BBTS Pre-Orders with the rest of the money I'd be wasting over the next few weeks sitting in my gallon jug waiting for Retaliation.

Barefoot Jedi
01-07-2012, 01:48 AM
and on top of that, you make the purchase in one fell swoop and don't even have to think about them ever again until they are in your hands.

I love the expression one fell swoop and don't have nearly enough opportunities to use it in casual conversation.

And so very true. It's bliss.

I began pre-ordering with POC Wave 4, actually. SmallJoes. I wanted several Shadow Trackers for headswaps to use as Caribbean Iron Grenadiers. The bodies have since had black Viper heads (from the FANG/CLAW 2-pack) added to them. Got two sets of four and extra Shadow Trackers. Only wanted COBRA Commander and Blowtorch from Wave 5, other than some troopers, so decided not to pre-order them, got them from contacts here. Ended up getting I think 3 Steel Brigades also after changing my Libra mind. Blessedly I never did want a Jungle BAT nor the Hawk.

Pre-ordered all the 30th waves and don't regret it one iota despite Waves 1 and 2 being common. When I saw what was in Waves 3 and 4 I knew I had to be certain of obtaining them and in the numbers I wanted. Also pre-ordered the Sky Strikers from SmallJoes. Despite later adding more at $15 a pop at amazon, I regret it not at all.

BBTS and kokomotoys.com is where Waves 3 and 4 came from. I also got the 2 Psylockes and Storm I wanted from the most recent Marvel Universe wave so I'm already set there, too.

Hmmm, now that I think on it, I ordered the extra Shadow Trackers from HTS when they were in stock...ah, well.

vermillion21
01-07-2012, 02:27 AM

^ Amen!

switchback
01-07-2012, 02:45 AM
i'm up in bellingham wa and i found all except the zombie vipers and ss at the superwalmart in mt vernon dont know if they are going to continue stocking or send what they have left to clearence.

Dunedain
01-07-2012, 03:33 AM
Pretty much the biggest thing i learned from this thread is that Gunslingercbs is a fucking dick, ya know.

P8_Pro
01-07-2012, 03:59 AM
Pretty much the biggest thing i learned from this thread is that Gunslingercbs is a fucking dick, ya know.

On the surface that can be the impression left, but as you will indefinitely spend more time on this site you will find that Gunslinger is the voice of sobriety, a wake up call if you will. People only like to hear what they want to hear, truth can hurt and he merely states the obvious (not to everyone apparently).

Sure his tone can be condescending, but when you have read through a million and one threads with whining, complaining, cheapskates and straight skewing of facts, its nice to read rational posts sometimes, ya know.

Psycho Joe Guy
01-07-2012, 12:38 PM
On the surface that can be the impression left, but as you will indefinitely spend more time on this site you will find that Gunslinger is the voice of sobriety, a wake up call if you will. People only like to hear what they want to hear, truth can hurt and he merely states the obvious (not to everyone apparently).

Oh puhleeze! watta load of crap. The 'voice of sobriety' is a pompass, self-important abuser of his fellow tankers. 'What I want to hear' is that Hasbro might one day make equal amounts of late waves (which they don't) and that the retail outlets close to me would regularly stock them if they did (which they don't). That I and others are evidently not allowed to express displeasure about this without being berated for it is not some 'wake up call;' it's a child playing 'King of the Mountain," and evidently, you like being his stepstool.

its nice to read rational posts sometimes, ya know.

If I ever see one of those from him, I'm sure it will be.

mightyjl
01-08-2012, 11:20 AM

The only thing that bothers me about what Gunslinger says, is everytime I say something similar, I get a warning from an admin. I'm guessing he will owe many administrators back alley BJ's at Joecon this year.

crock master
01-08-2012, 11:30 AM
The only thing that bothers me about what Gunslinger says, is everytime I say something similar, I get a warning from an admin. I'm guessing he will owe many administrators back alley BJ's at Joecon this year.

i figured that he was the ony tanker that everyone tries to dodge at joecon.
i can imagine being in a face to face conversation with a tanker at joecon ,and then all of the sudden have him butt in.

vermillion21
01-08-2012, 12:25 PM
I wonder if the last 2 waves of both POC and 30th were just under-produced (numbers-wise) compared to the first 2 waves?

If that was the case, it sucks as the later waves had cooler character figures.

figureware
01-10-2012, 12:55 AM
Well I guess the online pre order guys win...Hasbro clearly does not care about releasing all of the figures for they I am sure also know at this tome of year retailers will stop shelving Joes...Parents and kids dont pre order...and they usually dont spend $15 to $20 bucks a pop on action figures when kids hardley play with them anyways! So GI Joe will become an elitist hobby! Online overpriced hard to find and the worst part for adults! kids dont buy toy companies dont make! I already have an elitist hobby and toys shouldnt be one! one or two sure! SDCC stuff sure but every figure...Retalition tanks and your looking at the worst word in Joe dictionary HIATUS! as in as a company let us reevaluate how to market our toys to kids so we dont become McFairlaine Sports picks...or worse,,,Starting Lineup! Let us invest our money into a product kids actually want not just 30 + guys with lap tops and opinions!

Python_Puckman
01-10-2012, 01:28 AM
Well I guess the online pre order guys win...Hasbro clearly does not care about releasing all of the figures for they I am sure also know at this tome of year retailers will stop shelving Joes...Parents and kids dont pre order...and they usually dont spend $15 to $20 bucks a pop on action figures when kids hardley play with them anyways! So GI Joe will become an elitist hobby! Online overpriced hard to find and the worst part for adults! kids dont buy toy companies dont make! I already have an elitist hobby and toys shouldnt be one! one or two sure! SDCC stuff sure but every figure...Retalition tanks and your looking at the worst word in Joe dictionary HIATUS! as in as a company let us reevaluate how to market our toys to kids so we dont become McFairlaine Sports picks...or worse,,,Starting Lineup! Let us invest our money into a product kids actually want not just 30 + guys with lap tops and opinions!

The day GI Joe becomes an elitist hobby is the same day I stop buying them. We hit a dry spell with the last figures in the ROC line when everyone wanted Kamakura but couldn't find him with a search warrant. But once we get closer to the movie release, there will be pegs of Joes again at your local stores. Just probably not Resolute Stormy. Maybe they'll all showup at TJ Maxx in 9 months. Who knows.

tuan_tran73
01-10-2012, 01:35 AM
As I recalled there was a thread that said should I purchase online or should I wait for retail. I guess you are one of those decided to wait for retail.

vermillion21
01-10-2012, 01:36 AM
... We hit a dry spell with the last figures in the ROC line when everyone wanted Kamakura but couldn't find him with a search warrant.

^ Damn truth. I NEVER saw Kamakura at retail when ROC was in stores. Got him through a trade on the 'Tank.

Crimson Gord
01-10-2012, 01:39 AM
^ Damn truth. I NEVER saw Kamakura at retail when ROC was in stores. Got him through a trade on the 'Tank.

it's weird how that worked out because i was finding him along with CS SS and nano viper around every corner. more recently was lowlight, i've found about a dozen in regular retail and a couple more at specialty shops.

mightyjl
01-10-2012, 01:39 AM

http://i1139.photobucket.com/albums/n560/MadMartianToyReview/dawson_crying.gif

GI Guppy the third
01-10-2012, 02:01 AM
Seriously, I learned my lesson with the last wave of 25th before RoC. It trickled out around the holidays...just like this wave. I lucked out then by only finding 1 Resolute Trooper and I wasn't going to take a chance so I preordered those puppies when they first became available.

timberokami
01-16-2012, 10:42 PM
Would a universal release date cause all of these problems to cease like say for comics, video games, dvds, etc??? they did it for Star Wars the Phantom Menace back in the day at Toys R Us and that way collecters know when to go to the stores on that day or pre-order them say the way gamestop does??? I mean Hasbro must be furious that collectors are begging for thier product and they have to pay someone else to get them, they dont see a dime of the secondary market. I.e If John Doe wants it in Michigan, but its only been shipped to California and some collecter buys five of them from Walmart and up sells them $30 when they do get to Michigan that buyer will pass on it for less. Makes absolutely no sense, and to blame the buyer who wants the chance to buy the product at retail price that his frustration is wrong, what other industry or product operates this way?

vermillion21
01-19-2012, 03:36 AM
... they did it for Star Wars the Phantom Menace back in the day ...

^ THE absolute crappiest SW movie of the 6 IMO.

P8_Pro
01-19-2012, 04:56 AM
^ THE absolute crappiest SW movie of the 6 IMO.

http://a1.twimg.com/profile_images/513513817/Jar_Jar_FU_bigger.jpg

sharky
01-19-2012, 08:23 AM
http://a1.twimg.com/profile_images/513513817/Jar_Jar_FU_bigger.jpg
LOL! I don't like TPM, but that pic is pretty darn funny.

footloose
01-19-2012, 09:18 AM
Order online

figureware
01-19-2012, 09:19 AM
Ha! mightyjl are you implying that I be da dude frum Dawesons Kreek? Thats funny shit right there! Im not crying actually just looking out for fellow collectors.

figureware
01-19-2012, 09:28 AM
I now realize that Hisstank is filled with grown men some who enjoy discussing the hobby, some who enjoy bitching (venting frustrations) and some who enjoy putting down the previous two mentioned. Not real sure I understand it really do these guys like the hobby or hate it? Im sincerely sorry if I just made a swipe at the ...uh...ballers of the Joe collecting world! HA!

vermillion21
01-20-2012, 02:51 AM
Well, it must be time to post this, then:

http://i26.photobucket.com/albums/c102/axisofevilskateboards/COBRAAAAA/HissTankPanicButton2.jpg

^ Hitting the 30th panic button