PDA

View Full Version : Transformers Masterpiece

CaptainDinobot
10-21-2007, 05:29 PM
Anyone else collecting these guys? I have decision to go after them now. So far I only have Prime and will be getting USA Starscream as soon as I find him at Walmart. I want Skywarp and Megatron as well as Primes trailer too. Ultra Magnus I may wait till they release him with the trailer and the other pieces.

So does anyone know any rumors of what is to come, Thundercracker, Grimlock, Rodimus, etc?

Also search masterpiece sunstorm on yahoo images to see someone's amazing customs of Thundercracker and Sunstorm.

Sergeant Major
10-21-2007, 05:38 PM
I'm in absolute love with the Masterpiece line!

As for rumors, I read on a TF related board that TakaraTomy is looking in to a Masterpiece Shockwave but nothing is confirmed as of yet.

Shogi
10-21-2007, 05:59 PM
I've got Prime but haven't felt the need to get any others (Been focusing on Joes) If they did release a Shockwave though.....I'd have to forget about Joes for a minute :)

CaptainDinobot
10-21-2007, 05:59 PM
Shockwave, that's awesome. When I searched MP-07 on yahoo one forum came up taking about Grimlock. They said something like Hasbro wants Grimlock, cause they think he'll sell really well over here but in Japan he's not nearly as popular.

arch2b
10-21-2007, 07:18 PM
i sold almost all my alternators to focus on the masterpeice line due to its scale and detail.

so far i have:
mp-5 megatron
mp-3 destron [starscream (takara, not anime correct hasbro)]
mp-6 skywarp
mp-2 ultra magnus

i'm skipping mp-1 convoy (optimus prime) and saving for the mp-4 convoy with trailer (optimus prime)

http://mini-zracer.com/mini-zgallery/data/968/medium/IMG_0559.JPG

tile_mcgillus
10-21-2007, 09:15 PM
OH MAN! I love the MP line. I have them all...except Skywarp (will get soon). If the next one is Grimlock or Soundwave, I will be estatic! You guys wanna talk about customs...TF has some crazy customizers...

TFmaster, who unfornately passed away last year made this amazing Menasor.
http://s46.photobucket.com/albums/f147/TFmaster01/?action=view&current=P9262771.jpg

Warpath...
http://www.tfmaster.com/forum/viewtopic.php?t=6516&sid=32d6c41035ed76fe3a0e407f701f0552

Driftbot
10-21-2007, 09:37 PM
i missed out on the first versions of prime/convoy.
then luck smiled down upon me, and i was all over it when they came out with MP-4 convoy! i drove to a B&M to buy it for japan retail price!:D
then MP-5 came out and i did the same.
those are the only ones i have to date.
waited on starscream, and what do you know? anime correct version coming soon!
i also didnt want magnus because i hate prime repaints.

i love how these guys are pretty much to scale with alts! i have smokescreen and jazz, they roll tight up into prime's trailer no problem! and i use my TRU reissue prime roller! great scale!

not too happy with megs though. the legs just kill it, as we have all said it would on tfw2005. just looks too... bayformer? parts and kibble everywhere...

i'll probably buy the new version of starscream, and hang him in bot mode above megs and prime who are duking it out. seems fitting that SS would wait to see who the victor is, then take him out while he's got the chance!

sharke
10-21-2007, 10:06 PM
got Starscream (then again, I have everything SS) and Skywarp! Can't wait for the Walmart MP Starscream and rumored MP Thundercracker!

arch2b
10-21-2007, 10:07 PM
i'm not a magnus fan either but for the sake of getting all the masterpeice sets it only made sense to pick him up. does that b+m still have mp-4? ebay prices are outrageous.

i'll be buying the walmart starscream as well and put the takara back in it's box to display behind the anime ss.

megatron always posed a problem being a miniscule item compared to most other tf's. if you got prime though, you have to have a nemisis to fight with and until we get some others, it's all we haev for now.

i kept all my favorite altenatores like jazz, hound, wheeljack, grimlock, bluestreak, prime, nemisis prime and one of the best of them, shockblast. i had nearly all of them and hated to let them go but the masterpeice series is soo expensive i had to purge a little. i still have a few of them left to dispose of infact to pay offf skywarp.

tile_mcgillus
10-21-2007, 10:45 PM
I have the light blue Starscream and I love it. I know the colors are a little different but I think the sculpt is gorgeous and the colors work, I guess. i might be buying Anime SS and then making a custom TC.

ShadoViper
10-22-2007, 12:34 AM
I missed out on these last year or two and started collecting them a few months ago. I dig these figures but a bit pricey, especially if you didn't get them 1st run. As for the next figure i the line, i hope it's not Thundercraker, make him MP-08 or something. I really don't want another jet, at the moment, unless maybe it was Jetfire or something.

I have:

MP-02 - Ultra Magnus
MP-03 - Starscream
MP-05 - Megatron (No plug)
MP-06 - Skywarp

tile_mcgillus
10-22-2007, 01:00 AM
I refused to purchase Ultra Magnus...it is not Ultra Magnus at all. Not even close. That is White Prime or a small portion of Ultra Magnus. That part of TF canon drives me nuts. He shows up in one comic that way, after his armor is destroyed and then Hasbro thinks they can just go ahead and make Ultra Magnus that way forever.

When they release his trailer that becomes his armor...let me know.

roboticplanet
10-22-2007, 03:34 AM
The Masterpiece line as well as the defunct Alternators line are the only modern TFs I'm following. I have 20th Prime, Starscream, and Skywarp is on the way. I'm about ready to sink some money into Megs soon, and the (hopefully) soon to be released 20th Starscream can be considered purchased.

I actually hope a Masterpiece/20th Thundercracker isn't made - "Starscream" is blue enough to be Thundercracker.

DaViper
10-22-2007, 03:20 PM
I was looking to buying these at the beginning of the year before the movie came out, but thought they were a bit pricey for me. I wish I would have bought them then because mp-04 cost an arm and leg to get.

flywheels
10-22-2007, 04:11 PM
I'm a huge TF fan, always have been...but I'm not a fan of the MP toys. While I love Convoy (Optimus Prime), I absolutely hated MP Megatron. Starscream had all sorts of problems with him so I passed on him. If those problems have been corrected for the Hasbro release, then I may entertain the thought of purchasing that version.

NeilJam
11-07-2007, 01:08 PM
Greatest. Transformers. EVER.

I have the 1st US release of Optimus with unofficial transforming trailer, MP05 Megatron, & MP06 Skywarp. Can't wait to find Starscream at Walmart to add to my Cons.

I kinda hope that the rumor of MP08 being Prime & Megatron packaged together are not true as I would like to get another one next year. If it is true then I may just have GI Joe figs (& vehicles?) to buy.

Blackdragon
11-07-2007, 05:05 PM
I love the masterpiece line. I have:

Megatron(no plug)
3 x Optimus Prime (1 sealed in the box, 1 to keep in truck mode, 1 with custom smoke stacks)

I'll be getting the walmart exclusive starscream when i see him. I didn't like the color scheme on the other one. I have to look into getting that skywarp too.

karamazov80
11-07-2007, 05:59 PM
When they release his trailer that becomes his armor...let me know.
Justittoys (the company that made the extra MP Megatron gun accessories) could conceivably do that at some point, though Magnus has been out so long now that its probably not going to happen. There are a lot of people clamoring for Justittoys to make a crown and cape/shoulder pads for MP SS, as well (from his death scene in the movie).

Personally, I've got MP Megs, the 20th Anniversary Prime, and Hasbro's MP Starscream. I really like all 3 of those, and I would like to get Skywarp and a Thundercracker if it was released, though the imports are so expensive that it is often difficult to justify.

Regarding whether it is the greatest line ever or not, I personally love the Alts more, because there are more of them, because they are the Autobot cars for the most part (which I loved as a kid), and because they are cheaper. However, I really kind of lump those two lines together, as you can pose them together and when you do, they look pretty good, especially if you mod the Alts with reprolabels and new paint jobs to more accurately reflect their G1 counterparts.

Hicks_Royel
11-07-2007, 06:52 PM
http://i21.photobucket.com/albums/b290/CyberTooth88/DSC00366-1.jpg

For those debating purchasing the Wal-Mart Starscream, I picked mine up today and I gotta say, it's not as good as MP-Skywarp... There's a bit of an issue with pieces fitting together and the plastics not exactly fragile, but it's not anything super tough either. Not to mention some of the paint apps are missing on mine. Black detailing tends to trail off halfway down the wing. For 40 bucks its better than Takara's Starscream, but I think Skywarp is the best version of the mold so far.

DaViper
11-07-2007, 07:05 PM
you could almost pass off MP-3 as Thundercracker. I notice that Hasbro's masterpieces aren't as detailed like the takara versions. Hence the cheaper price.

Hicks_Royel
11-07-2007, 09:23 PM
Eh... he's missing a few "Not a step" details... but they seem to have gone out of their way to fill in detail lines with black paint.

As far as making Takara's Starscream Thundercracker, I don't know, mines a little too green to be Thundercracker. But yeah, for now, he's a place filler till Takara no doubt comes to the rescue.

Don't get me wrong, I'm glad I own Hasbro's Starscream, it just feels like there's something missing or not right about this version. But then, if they'd done anything more, they'd've doubled the price.

arch2b
11-07-2007, 09:46 PM
i thought i read somewhere that takara is going to release the anime correct version minus the weathering/battle detail.

NeilJam
11-07-2007, 09:49 PM
Regarding whether it is the greatest line ever or not, I personally love the Alts more, because there are more of them, because they are the Autobot cars for the most part (which I loved as a kid), and because they are cheaper. However, I really kind of lump those two lines together, as you can pose them together and when you do, they look pretty good, especially if you mod the Alts with reprolabels and new paint jobs to more accurately reflect their G1 counterparts.

I also count my Alternators & Masterpieces as one group since they go so well together. I have Alt Prime, but Masterpiece Prime is still their leader. The seeker mold also fits well with the Alts. Even though the scale of the jet mode isn't the same, they are the perfect size in robot form.

roboticplanet
11-07-2007, 10:54 PM
i thought i read somewhere that takara is going to release the anime correct version minus the weathering/battle detail.
correct. TFW2005.com members have mentioned it'll be out in a few months, probably priced similar to Skywarp. Since that weathering detail comes off with rubbing alcohol, I'm saving myself like $40 and sticking with the Hasbro version

DaViper
11-08-2007, 01:45 PM
Eh... he's missing a few "Not a step" details... but they seem to have gone out of their way to fill in detail lines with black paint.

As far as making Takara's Starscream Thundercracker, I don't know, mines a little too green to be Thundercracker. But yeah, for now, he's a place filler till Takara no doubt comes to the rescue.

Don't get me wrong, I'm glad I own Hasbro's Starscream, it just feels like there's something missing or not right about this version. But then, if they'd done anything more, they'd've doubled the price.

Yah I agree, It will be nice when they'll release a thundercracker but starscream will have to do for now.

I just got 20th anni prime and I feel the same way you do about Hasbro's starscream. He doesn't seem as sturdy as his takara counterpart. I'm thinking about taking him all apart and respraying him.

Xerofall
11-08-2007, 01:56 PM
Is there a website with pics of these guys? I've never heard of them.

DaViper
11-08-2007, 05:49 PM
here you go:

Starscream & co.
http://tformers.com/ig.php?mode=album&album=8622&dispsize=800&start=0

Megatron
http://tfkenkon.com/g/?mode=album&album=Collection%2Fact430

There's also Optimus Prime and Ultra Magnus but I can't find a gallery for them.

Xerofall
11-08-2007, 06:51 PM
Wow... I like those... but the reason I can't collect Transformers now is the same reason I didn't collect them when I was little...

Their cost. :(

That's why GI Joe rocked... you could get a figure for $1.99-2.99 where as the smallest Transformer was $3.99-5.99 (when I was a kid in 85-87)

karamazov80
11-08-2007, 08:26 PM
Here is MP Ultra Magnus and Prime:
http://seibertron.com/toys/gallery.php?id=1118&size=0&start=0
http://seibertron.com/toys/gallery.php?id=1&size=0&start=0

This site doesn't seem to have a gallery for MP Skywarp.

And here is something else cool about MP SS, that I attempted myself just a few hours ago:
http://www.tfw2005.com/boards/showthread.php?t=156585

ShadoViper
11-09-2007, 05:20 AM
Normally if you can find a 24 hr Wal*Mart get there between 10-midnight and you'll be able to catch them stocking the shelves and find cases on their pallets. I was able to find 6 cases (3 figs to a case) of the Hasbro Masterpiece Starscream tonight from 2 Wal*Marts.

Shin Densetsu
11-10-2007, 01:10 AM
Normally if you can find a 24 hr Wal*Mart get there between 10-midnight and you'll be able to catch them stocking the shelves and find cases on their pallets. I was able to find 6 cases (3 figs to a case) of the Hasbro Masterpiece Starscream tonight from 2 Wal*Marts.
Don't the employees get mad when you open the cases though?

DaViper
11-10-2007, 01:51 AM
yah they do! Just don't do it front of them, and put the box back on the pallet and not laying around in the aisle..ha

Hicks_Royel
11-10-2007, 04:03 PM
Or you could hang/shelve the items you don't want for them.

CaptainDinobot
11-10-2007, 09:35 PM
Or you could hang/shelve the items you don't want for them.

I've done that before and they still got mad. They act like your stealing it. If they're too lazy to stock the shelves why shouldn't you get it yourself, and with as much as Starscream costs no employee should have any complaint that you're really want it that bad. Hope my Starscream arrives in the mail Tuesday...

ShadoViper
11-10-2007, 10:01 PM
Don't the employees get mad when you open the cases though?

I normally ask before i touch any of the cases and the 2 WMs i go to, they don't mind.

roboticplanet
11-10-2007, 10:17 PM
I was at walmart midnight last night scoring Masterpiece Starscream which required me to ask an employee to open up a case from a tower of boxes on a pallet. She pretty much dropped what she was doing and helped me get my beloved Screamer. I am VERY grateful. :)

ShadoViper
11-11-2007, 03:55 AM
Yeah, the stockers there are helpful if you ask them. I was at a WM tonight and the lady mentioned to me they had 5 cases and they went quick, she helped out by checking the pallets and even went out of her way to go out to the trailer in the back.

She said that you could ask to have them ordered and maybe they'd be able to hold them for you, its worth a try if someone is interested.

I also found out that if you were caught opening stuff from pallets, you could get kicked out of the store. I suppose, it depends on what store your at and how the employees feel about that sort of thing. If anything, ask before you do anything, which is what i always do unless the case is sitting in the aisle..

karamazov80
11-11-2007, 04:02 AM
Yeah, the stockers there are helpful if you ask them.
I would say that there is a great deal of variation here. . .some are great, some could give a damn.

roboticplanet
11-11-2007, 04:45 AM
She said that you could ask to have them ordered and maybe they'd be able to hold them for you, its worth a try if someone is interested.

Actually, thus far I've heard unanimous reports at tfw2005.com that Starscream was limited to 18 figures (6 cases) per store which won't be restocked. Talk with customer service, they'll have all the info.

Shin Densetsu
11-11-2007, 04:52 PM
Actually, thus far I've heard unanimous reports at tfw2005.com that Starscream was limited to 18 figures (6 cases) per store which won't be restocked. Talk with customer service, they'll have all the info.
I read that as well and heard they are non replinishable, which means that its up to the department manager to order more if they run out. IN all honesty I wouldn't worry.

CaptainDinobot
11-19-2007, 08:05 PM
Well I got my Starscream. He is awesome!

TTT
11-26-2007, 12:52 AM
http://i218.photobucket.com/albums/cc306/TheTransTorture/Primessmeg01.jpg

xhairs
11-26-2007, 01:26 AM
at my walmart they have like 10 siting there and i have to say they rock but i havent bought any yet

TTT
12-02-2007, 07:22 PM
http://i218.photobucket.com/albums/cc306/TheTransTorture/DarkawakeningactI22.jpg