PDA

View Full Version : CC in Retaliation.

Super Beast
12-20-2011, 05:57 PM
Wasn't there like a casting call for someone to be him?
Is it some random guy?

My personal hope is that he is just there to stand and look good-like in the trailer-and they have Charlie Adler dub him.

Or has there been someone confirmed to be him?

Side note: Are Snake Eyes and Cobra Commander held in the same prison? It shows the warden leading SE, and it was reported Storm Shadow raids the jail the warden runs right?

ero
12-20-2011, 05:57 PM
I'm really hoping it isn't Charlie Adler.

Grunt1162
12-20-2011, 08:48 PM
I'm thinking that they haven't found the right person to do the voice yet or they would have been at least a "COBRAAAA" in the trailer. It is probably just a stuntman in the costume.

80sKid
12-20-2011, 08:51 PM
Charlie Adler would be awesome! Who wouldn't want him to do the voice overs???

XAMOT
12-20-2011, 08:52 PM

Dude, he did Starscream.

History dictates that whoever does Starsceams voice MUST be Cobra Commander, and vice versa.

80sKid
12-20-2011, 09:13 PM
Also he did Resolute and Renegades!!! His voice is awesome! Since we can't have Chris Latta do it he is the best voice for the job!

CobraCoffee
12-20-2011, 09:18 PM
IMDB doesn't have Cobra Commander listed. Hmmmm

G.I. Joe: Retaliation (2012) - Full cast and crew (http://www.imdb.com/title/tt1583421/fullcredits#cast)

It will update I'm sure (I hope)

* I see Clutch!

** Oh look! Here's a guy named COBRA (uncredited) WIll he be the man in the uit who goes voiceless?

http://ia.media-imdb.com/images/M/MV5BMTA0MjkxNTQ4MTVeQTJeQWpwZ15BbWU3MDk2NTA2OTY@._ V1._SX214_CR0,0,214,314_.jpg

Clearly he's Cobra as seen in the blue shirt

thejuan
12-20-2011, 09:24 PM

This. It should be something intimidating. Maybe not exactly like the first movie but something like it.

CobraCoffee
12-20-2011, 09:55 PM
This. It should be something intimidating. Maybe not exactly like the first movie but something like it.

I felt the feel of the voice of Cobra Commander in Resolute was outstanding.

Gung.Heaux
12-20-2011, 11:05 PM
he's speaking in the trailer...sort of. despite there being no audio, clearly firefly and zartan are reacting to something hes saying.

IMDB doesn't have Cobra Commander listed. Hmmmm

G.I. Joe: Retaliation (2012) - Full cast and crew (http://www.imdb.com/title/tt1583421/fullcredits#cast)

It will update I'm sure (I hope)

* I see Clutch!

** Oh look! Here's a guy named COBRA (uncredited) WIll he be the man in the uit who goes voiceless?

http://ia.media-imdb.com/images/M/MV5BMTA0MjkxNTQ4MTVeQTJeQWpwZ15BbWU3MDk2NTA2OTY@._ V1._SX214_CR0,0,214,314_.jpg

Clearly he's Cobra as seen in the blue shirt

ero
12-21-2011, 12:11 AM
Dude, he did Starscream.

History dictates that whoever does Starsceams voice MUST be Cobra Commander, and vice versa.

Are you thinking of Chris Latta? He did both voices in the 80s. Or did Adler do Starscream in the Bayformers movies? Because if so, that's you know, weird.

Onslaught Six
12-21-2011, 12:28 AM
Adler has already proven he can do a good Cobra Commander.

Cobra-Ninja
12-21-2011, 03:27 AM
I'm sorry, I never liked Chris Latta (all due respect to the man though). I thought The Doctor's voice in RoC was fine. The CC voice was kinda overkill but I still liked that too. His voice should be strong and deep, someone's who in charge. Not a grandma on helium.

What I wanna know is what happened to his old mask/helmet in RoC. He's clearly rocking the faceplate helmet now, so what happened?

JR0d28
12-21-2011, 03:29 AM
I'm sorry, I never liked Chris Latta (all due respect to the man though). I thought The Doctor's voice in RoC was fine. The CC voice was kinda overkill but I still liked that too. His voice should be strong and deep, someone's who in charge. Not a grandma on helium.

What I wanna know is what happened to his old mask/helmet in RoC. He's clearly rocking the faceplate helmet now, so what happened?

maybe he got an upgraded battle mask made during his time in the can.

Shadow_Contact
12-21-2011, 03:32 AM
I'm sorry, I never liked Chris Latta

Pack your crap and get out! Your not welcome here!!!

:D

JR0d28
12-21-2011, 03:34 AM

DAMN Latta was the real Cobra in charge R.I.P. Ya might as well say that GI JOE sucks and Transformers blows.

XAMOT
12-21-2011, 08:12 AM
Are you thinking of Chris Latta? He did both voices in the 80s. Or did Adler do Starscream in the Bayformers movies? Because if so, that's you know, weird.

Don't forget Michael R. Dobson.

T J Bang
12-21-2011, 08:16 AM
Ray Park pulling double duty :)

Onslaught Six
12-21-2011, 09:49 AM
Chris Latta could have done a deeper voice if that's what the voice directors wanted for CC. Don't blame him. Here, watch this.

William Shatner hosts A&E "Evening at the Improv" 12/7/1992 Pt 4/6 - YouTube (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tqPCT9vwhdg)

Troynos
12-21-2011, 10:01 AM

I agree. If Latta can do a deeper voice, would like to hear it first. But it needs to be deep, strong and menacing.

As for the faceplate, why not wait for the movie to come out and find out then?

Shogi
12-21-2011, 10:18 AM
Chris Latta could have done a deeper voice if that's what the voice directors wanted for CC. Don't blame him. Here, watch this.

William Shatner hosts A&E "Evening at the Improv" 12/7/1992 Pt 4/6 - YouTube (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tqPCT9vwhdg)

The opening bit sounded close to Resolute Cobra Commander, which BTW, is the voice I'd like to hear in Retaliation.

course if that is CC's voice in the movie, I won't hear the end of it from my wife, she already gives me a hard enough time about Batman's voice in the Nolan movies :)

Super Beast
12-21-2011, 06:21 PM

http://youtu.be/te37IO40HJg

This doesn't sound perfect to you?

RolandofGilead
12-21-2011, 06:25 PM
Dude, he did Starscream.

Also he did Resolute and Renegades!!! His voice is awesome! Since we can't have Chris Latta do it he is the best voice for the job!

Tom Kenny did a more than passable Starscream for Transformers Animated. I wouldn't be surprised to find he can continue in that vein for Cobra Commander.

If I can't have Chris Latta, then give me Spongebob.

GI abe444
12-21-2011, 06:28 PM

I completely agree!

Monkeywrench
12-21-2011, 08:27 PM
Charlie Adler would be awesome! Who wouldn't want him to do the voice overs???

Exactly!

Griff
12-21-2011, 08:28 PM
I agree. charlie Adler may look liek a stoned out willie nelson hippie but he does AWESOME VO work! C'mon who wouldnt want the Red Guy as CC i mean c;mon!!! :D

Unclassified
12-21-2011, 08:34 PM
i think this will be a pretty sick looking cc toy..