PDA

View Full Version : Snake-Eyes origins Movie?

VideoViper
12-14-2011, 09:17 AM
Based on what we saw in ROC & assuming that Joe 2 is Good. Would you want to see a movieverse Snake-Eyes Origins spinoff movie.

lowlight27
12-14-2011, 09:34 AM
If the movie is a true sucess, then it should open the realm of possibilities. I would rather see a true origins though with the Vietnam elements and the Stalker and Tommy and Snake Eyes' twin Sister and the helicopter and the...

Slaymaker
12-14-2011, 09:42 AM
If the movie is a true sucess, then it should open the realm of possibilities. I would rather see a true origins though with the Vietnam elements and the Stalker and Tommy and Snake Eyes' twin Sister and the helicopter and the...

^^^^ THIS ^^^^

Doesn't have to be 'Nam, could be Afganistan now or something I suppose... :D

Troynos
12-14-2011, 09:51 AM
No.

Because SE's RoC origin is bad. I have no interest in seeing how he becomes an orphaned kid in Japan or what happens between his time at the Ariashakage, when he was a child, to when he joins the Joes.

Crimson Rage
12-14-2011, 09:58 AM
No - Not because I think his movie origin is "bad", just that I've seen it already.

rafaelwow
12-14-2011, 09:59 AM
There is a big problem: It will be movie where the main character is mute...

It gives lots of problems. Or he will get mute at the end/somepart of the plot, or there will have to be a very good story to show emotion and cover the lack of dialogue, as well music/sounds/story flow to adapt to a mute main character.

Of course, good music and good action scenes can cover good part of it but... what about interaction with other characters? For example, talking to friends, showing anger, emotions, using a mask and being mute. And what about the magic of not showing his face?

If it is the same actor as Snake Eyes... will be 3 movies without him showing his face at all, it can get complicated to a good actor to do that.

WVMojo
12-14-2011, 10:04 AM
We got the Origins comics and those were pretty good reads, but please don't make a movie about the mysterious man in black...I don't need to find out his name is Barney or Francis.

Well, maybe Francis...

WVMojo
12-14-2011, 10:06 AM

You'd have to update the timelines, but given the current movies, I wouldn't want them to build on what they've already given us from RoC.

Gyre-Viper
12-14-2011, 10:06 AM
Only if they let Larry Hama and Joss Whedon develop it and let the Nolan brothers take a crack at it.

other than that...

no thanks.

Wolverine Origins was just terrible.

and they would have to pretend like ROC never happened. seriously. no joke. if they want to do a Snake-Eyes origin story to reboot the franchise fine maybe... but NOOOOO ROC tie in.

lowlight27
12-14-2011, 10:13 AM
It's called Voice Overs or even like they did with issue 155 where Snake Eyes speaks through his letters
G.I. Joe Comic Book Archive (http://www.yojoe.com/comics/joe/joe155.shtml)

I don't think it will happen as a major production, but a Fan made film would be awesome!

07GT500 COBRA
12-14-2011, 10:25 AM
Love Snake Eyes, but no thanks. The mystery is a huge part of his appeal.

VideoViper
12-14-2011, 10:46 AM
Before ROC came out Ray Park teased the idea of a spin off.

If Joe 2 is good then I could see them playing around with the idea. Even in the Marvel days they wanted to spin SE off to his own series. (Hasbro said no, because they didn't want a Snake-Eyes toy line.)

I'm sure the story would involve an updated storyline, more recent war & maybe a few concepts we didn'y know about our beloved masked man. (CIA connections anyone)

Wilhelm
12-14-2011, 10:52 AM
A whole movie based on a soldier who doesn't talk. Exactly like watch any FPS game cutscenes.

blackrazor1
12-14-2011, 01:48 PM
No need. We know his origin from ROC( from the looks of it this movie will probably fill in some blanks). We aslo know this SE chooses not to talk and isn't disfigured. Remember SE wasn't even going to wear a mask until Hama became a consultant. The only thing we don't know is how a non-speaking ninja got recruited to the Joe team.

Flint-wo2
12-14-2011, 02:19 PM
Isn't that just ROC 2 Retaliation?

Troops of Doom
12-14-2011, 02:37 PM
^^^^ THIS ^^^^

Doesn't have to be 'Nam, could be Afganistan now or something I suppose... :D

Yeah, change the name of the war if they have to and keep the original story.

I still say no to a Snake Eyes origins story. The ensemble cast is one of the things I like about GI Joe. Also the Marvel comics went down hill when it became "Starring Snake Eyes!"

Akunin
12-14-2011, 02:42 PM
I think there is already too many origin stories for him. Frankly I don't find him that interesting of a character. I'd much rather see a GI Joe movie... you know, with some GI's in it! Enough with the ninjas

Jmacq1
12-14-2011, 02:43 PM

Something like this would be cool, and wouldn't even necessarily have to conflict with the current movies (except for Tommy palling around with Stalker and Snakes).

Basically, it'd be the story of how Snake-Eyes became a Joe, which would presumably include joining the military at some point. It'd kind of be a reversal of his classic origin: Ninja first, then Commando (as opposed to the other way around)...which honestly makes more sense anyway (at least to me). Still, you could work Stalker in easily enough, though they'd probably have to have some kind of stand-in for Tommy (Wade Collins?) Toss in a cameo by Bruce Willis and/or Dennis Quaid to recruit Stalker and/or Snake-Eyes, etc...

I do think it'd have to be modernized to a Middle-Eastern setting, though.

From what I recall, Ray Park and Byung Hun-Lee were signed for 4 films on the express possibility of a Snake-Eyes spinoff.

sbartek1974
12-14-2011, 03:13 PM
I wouldn't mind seeing a TV series on the idea.

Mr. Bean was good and he didn't talk on the TV series.

Troops of Doom
12-14-2011, 03:23 PM
I wouldn't mind seeing a TV series on the idea.

Mr. Bean was good and he didn't talk on the TV series.

Now there's an idea! A Mr. Bean/Snake Eyes crossover sit-com. They could be roommates in a little apartment. Snake Eyes could bumble along doing everyday things with Bean, then get caught up in ninja battle every episode. Hijinks ensue!

The Naitch
12-15-2011, 10:27 PM
I'd rather see a Cobra Commander origin movie. Used car salesmen or Cobra-La citizen? Hmmm

Besides, does Snake-Eyes have enough mainstream appeal? I wouldn't classify him on the same level as Wolverine. GI Joe in itself isn't that popular compared to Spider-Man or X-Men

Steelgrave
12-15-2011, 10:31 PM
Oh God! I'm not even gonna go there.

CornDog_The_Ninja
12-15-2011, 10:35 PM
I wouldn't mind an Origins story as long it followed the Marvel Comics story and updated the Vietnam War storyline with the current war on terror.

And it completely ignored the little boys fighting in the kitchen over food from ROC.

GI Guppy the third
12-15-2011, 11:02 PM
FYI, they are making another Wolverine movie....

Monkeywrench
12-15-2011, 11:34 PM
I'm down. Can't be tied to the ROC shit though.

I say do it using his nam backstory... throw in Stalker and SS and make a badass movie

ArcticCG
12-15-2011, 11:36 PM
Why Not... He would be the only Joe that could pull this off.

CornDog_The_Ninja
12-16-2011, 12:37 AM
I'm down. Can't be tied to the ROC shit though.

I say do it using his nam backstory... throw in Stalker and SS and make a badass movie

A 60 something year old nam-vet ninja? No thanks. The story has to be updated to modern times.

XAMOT
12-16-2011, 07:45 AM
No.
Think of it this way Snake Eyes is awesome and everything, but I don't want a movie who's protagonist is a MUTE ninja.

fireflyguy
12-16-2011, 08:55 AM
I'm gonna say...............NO.

I like SE -- he's among my favorite characters, but I am not interested in a ninja-based movie. Just not for me. I think the small glimpses we get in whatever version they are currently sowing is more than ample.

msmith0609
12-16-2011, 09:19 AM
What difference does it make if hes a mute or not?!?

That doesn't change anything or keep it from being awesome.

Um hello, haven't any of you seen Mr. Bean?

sbartek1974
12-16-2011, 09:37 AM
What difference does it make if hes a mute or not?!?

That doesn't change anything or keep it from being awesome.

Um hello, haven't any of you seen Mr. Bean?

That's what I had said earlier.

msmith0609
12-16-2011, 09:43 AM
That's what I had said earlier.

My bad, didn't see that before.

Another reason I have faith it could work is the ages 25 and up comic, I mean Snake Eyes never says anything in that and it works out fine, not to mention hes freaking hilarious and its all body and sign language.