PDA

View Full Version : Revision and Re-Release Cases

Bionic Commando
08-29-2008, 06:18 PM
Just to clarify a couple things so people aren't confused because I keep seeing people posting that Wave 8 is out again almost every other day when it really isn't but a Revision Case.There is a bunch of revision cases coming out which I assume before Wave 10 hits.You can see them all at BBTS.com so I don't have to list them all.So far I have seen the Wave 7 re-release cases flood Walmarts along with the Wave 8 Revison mix case minus Bludd.This week I have found the Wave 6 re-release case at TRU which is interesting because they are still on the old 25th logo cards.Date code was 80042
25th Anniversary - Wave 6 - Revision 1 - Case of 8 - GI Joe 25th Anniversary - 1982-2007 Single Figures at BigBadToyStore (http://www.bigbadtoystore.com/bbts/product.aspx?product=HAS14842&mode=retail)
I was able to pick up a glossy logo:Torpedo,Battle Armor Commander and Cobra Trooper.Now I just hope the re-release case of wave 1 Flint is also on the old 25th logo

the_loud_master
08-29-2008, 06:20 PM
hopefully i can get some of these now >_>

art2614
08-29-2008, 06:35 PM
I was able to pick up a glossy logo:Torpedo,Battle Armor Commander and Cobra Trooper.Now I just hope the re-release case of wave 1 Flint is also on the old 25th logo[/QUOTE]

I hope they do come out on 25th cards too. I dont know why everyone keeps saying they are not if no one knows for sure.

Steevy Maximus
08-29-2008, 06:48 PM
This week I have found the Wave 6 re-release case at TRU which is interesting because they are still on the old 25th logo cards.Date code was 80042
25th Anniversary - Wave 6 - Revision 1 - Case of 8 - GI Joe 25th Anniversary - 1982-2007 Single Figures at BigBadToyStore (http://www.bigbadtoystore.com/bbts/product.aspx?product=HAS14842&mode=retail)
I was able to pick up a glossy logo:Torpedo,Battle Armor Commander and Cobra Trooper.Now I just hope the re-release case of wave 1 Flint is also on the old 25th logo
That is almost certainly a case of old backstock coming out from the warehouses. As of right now, Hasbro has ceased producing 25th Anniversary logo'd figures. But that doesn't mean that there isn't leftover stock in transit or still sitting in warehouses.

I know last April, my Walmart store got a case of wave 1 07 Robot Heroes from Transformers. Those were first shipped LAST YEAR, and here we are a year later getting a first wave case. So it isn't at all unheard of in these long run lines to see product get pushed behind and forgotten only to cycle out months later.

At this point, if you find a v1 Flint, he'll look like this:
Toy News International - Daily Action Figures Toy News, Reviews and Discussions (http://i.toynewsi.com/g/index.php?mode=view&album=GIJoe%2F25th_Reissues&pic=Flint.jpg&dispsize=800&start=0)

Bionic Commando
08-29-2008, 07:02 PM
That is almost certainly a case of old backstock coming out from the warehouses. As of right now, Hasbro has ceased producing 25th Anniversary logo'd figures. But that doesn't mean that there isn't leftover stock in transit or still sitting in warehouses.

I know last April, my Walmart store got a case of wave 1 07 Robot Heroes from Transformers. Those were first shipped LAST YEAR, and here we are a year later getting a first wave case. So it isn't at all unheard of in these long run lines to see product get pushed behind and forgotten only to cycle out months later.

At this point, if you find a v1 Flint, he'll look like this:
Toy News International - Daily Action Figures Toy News, Reviews and Discussions (http://i.toynewsi.com/g/index.php?mode=view&album=GIJoe%2F25th_Reissues&pic=Flint.jpg&dispsize=800&start=0)

I already have seen the pics with comic logos from that site,I was just hoping the old card was still used.The new Wave 7 cases that flooded Walmarts recently were all produced recently they have a newer Date code than the original release which I picked up and were sold out awhile back.This new Wave 6 re-release also has a newer date production code than the original ones I picked up awhile back.So these are new for those that missed out on these waves originally a great chance to pick some up.

gunslingercbr
08-29-2008, 07:05 PM
That is almost certainly a case of old backstock coming out from the warehouses.

I agree. looking at the date stamp, it is close to the stamps on my original wave 6 figures, so it is more than likely from that batch and not a new case or revision.

Bionic Commando
08-29-2008, 07:10 PM
I agree. looking at the date stamp, it is close to the stamps on my original wave 6 figures, so it is more than likely from that batch and not a new case or revision.

Oh ok.Why did it take them so long to finally come out?lol

gunslingercbr
08-29-2008, 07:32 PM
Oh ok.Why did it take them so long to finally come out?lol

I have no idea.

my Torpedo is 80062, which I believe means it was manufactured after the one you found. I think the higher the numbers, the later it was manufactured.

xhairs
08-29-2008, 08:00 PM
i have seen all types of re cases now. it is funny cuse thats all that flodds the pegs i haven't seen a wave 9 set in 2weeks now.