PDA

View Full Version : If Hasbro isnt putting out the Skystriker then why...

SgtMajor
08-25-2008, 09:50 AM
...then why are there skystrikers on the display box for the Target X-30 Conquest (underneath the Conquest is the top view of the aircraft carrier with a skystriker on the landing section of the carrier) for the Rattler, there is a rear shot of the skystriker and possibly others-I only had one view of the box. So the question is, will Hasbro put out the classic skystriker, cuz it sure looks like they still KNOW its part of the JOE-VERSE. I have a theory, I think they are bringing it back and I wouldnt doubt it if they are bringing back the FLAGG as well if sales keep as they are.

HissCommander
08-25-2008, 09:51 AM
I think its probably a stock picture. Look at all the cool stuff they put on the 25th box sets that we havent seen, and probably never will.

SUNSTQRM
08-25-2008, 09:57 AM
...then why are there skystrikers on the display box for the Target X-30 Conquest (underneath the Conquest is the top view of the aircraft carrier with a skystriker on the landing section of the carrier) for the Rattler, there is a rear shot of the skystriker and possibly others-I only had one view of the box. So the question is, will Hasbro put out the classic skystriker, cuz it sure looks like they still KNOW its part of the JOE-VERSE. I have a theory, I think they are bringing it back and I wouldnt doubt it if they are bringing back the FLAGG as well if sales keep as they are.
Wonder If it would cost more then the rattler if they did bring it back. I was at work 12 - 8 last night trying to remember back in the days what they were new. I got mine for x-mas so i don't remember But damn what a sweet toy.

polyphenus
08-25-2008, 09:59 AM
Surprise-- that's your 25th anniversary Skystriker! :)

SgtMajor
08-25-2008, 10:06 AM
How can it be a stock picture? Its all new artwork for an clear display, it's totally new. Ive never seen a top view like this in any of thier toys or artwork. It was created as a target exclusive with the transparent side to see the toy. No, my friend, this is new. They could have easily left it off or used a conquest in its place on the landing strip. Why also have it on the Rattler, that doesnt make sense unless its something they are hoping to put out as well. I can see them not putting out the FLAGG, its pricey and they, Hasbro, are going to eat the BMF and ATTE costs, but a classic skystriker makes alot of sense to amp up the Joe collectors and the kids. You dont put art on it like that unless you want folks to question and inquire and tease.

That's cold Polyphenus, probably true, but cold......jk:-)

Im sure the Skystriker would cost more, but only by about 10$ or so. Why? Because if they keep it with all swing wing lever with the pop out wheels-it will cost more due to parts and putting it together. I wouldnt mind a simpler version with manual sync swing wing and flip down wheels would make so much more sense and save them in production costs. Anyways, you dont put stuff like that out there unless you are gauging interests and thinking about putting something out there later on.

HissCommander
08-25-2008, 10:06 AM
Wonder If it would cost more then the rattler if they did bring it back. I was at work 12 - 8 last night trying to remember back in the days what they were new. I got mine for x-mas so i don't remember But damn what a sweet toy.

YOJOE.COM | Combat Jet Skystriker [XP-14F] (http://www.yojoe.com/vehicles/83/skystriker/)

1983 = $14.95

2008 = $100.00 +

Tunnel Rat
08-25-2008, 10:13 AM
there is no way it will be a 100, most of the prices now are a 120-130% of what they were in the and 90s so at most it would be around 40 no way they charge a 100. i mean we are gettin a battle set from target for 50 and we get the mobat and bunch of other things

SgtMajor
08-25-2008, 10:15 AM
Toy News International - Daily Action Figures Toy News, Reviews and Discussions (http://i.toynewsi.com/g/index.php?mode=view&album=GIJoe%2F08_GIJoe_Convention%2FHasbro_Day_2&pic=072.jpg&dispsize=800&start=0)

Above is a link-look to the bottom of the screen to your left and also look to the right.

Toy News International - Daily Action Figures Toy News, Reviews and Discussions (http://i.toynewsi.com/g/index.php?mode=view&album=GIJoe%2F08_GIJoe_Convention%2FHasbro_Day_2&pic=073.jpg&dispsize=800&start=0)

The Rattler-look to the left side of the box (your left, the box's right) and then look to the right ( look under the right side of the rattler cockpit/nose fuselage) there is an top view shot of another skystriker in the artwork, Im sorry, there are just too many skystrikers not to notice.

gunslingercbr
08-25-2008, 10:25 AM
So the question is, will Hasbro put out the classic skystriker, cuz it sure looks like they still KNOW its part of the JOE-VERSE.
the Joe team at Hasbro, which are admitted Joe fans and are obviously versed in the history of G.I. Joe -- evident by the fact that that ere redoing the RAH line -- of course know the Skystriker is part of the Joe-verse. that is hardly a revelation.

How can it be a stock picture? Its all new artwork for an clear display, it's totally new. Ive never seen a top view like this in any of thier toys or artwork. It was created as a target exclusive with the transparent side to see the toy.
the vehicle and figure sets have come with numerous images of vehicles and characters, that doesn't mean Hasbro intends on making them. the Awe Striker comes with a rocky terrain backdrop with explosions, that doesn't mean we are getting a playset of it. the CG sets come with them invading a base, that doesn't mean they are making the headquarters.
You dont put art on it like that unless you want folks to question and inquire and tease.

of course it couldn't be another option, like they simply know the relevance of the vehicle and are including it just because it's a nice homage to the vehicle. because they aren't making it they have to forget about it entirely? I don't think so. as you "revealed" to us, Hasbro knows the significance of the vehicle to the Joe-verse, knows the line is primarily supported by older fans, so they could just be appeasing us with exciting backdrops with vehicles and figures we like.

Anyways, you dont put stuff like that out there unless you are gauging interests and thinking about putting something out there later on.
no, there could be numerous reasons, as I explained above, why they are doing it, and it doesn't necessarily have to do with marketing reasons, just as if the Skystriker does eventually get released it may not have any correlation to the fact that they put it on the box art. if you are determined to do so, you can connect random, unconnected dots to make any picture you want, that doesn't mean the dots are arranged purposefully to make that picture.

polyphenus
08-25-2008, 10:32 AM
I also saw a picture of the Cobra Moray in the water below the Rattler. Hasbro just put that out a couple of years ago with Beachhead and Flint at Toys R Us... Could we perhaps get that vehicle in its original crimson color...?

HissCommander
08-25-2008, 10:40 AM
there is no way it will be a 100, most of the prices now are a 120-130% of what they were in the and 90s so at most it would be around 40 no way they charge a 100. i mean we are gettin a battle set from target for 50 and we get the mobat and bunch of other things

hmm, a giant aircrat with moving parts, deployable parachutes, probably will add spring loaded landing great, probably firing missiles as well. $100 isnt far off. Look at the new star wars vehicles. $100 & $150.

I would say a $100 price tag (or close to it) is highly possible

WildWeasel
08-25-2008, 11:34 AM

Try more like 250-300% increase depending on the product (figure (250% or vehicle (300%)).

SgtMajor
08-25-2008, 12:12 PM
Hasbro has yet to reveal anything that's true. I find it interesting that they pt the skystriker there when they just as easily could have put the X-30 Conquest and no skystriker. Im glad there are JOE fans working on the Hasbro line, doesnt mean they wont try and put it out. I look at it from a marketing aspect because there is no other reason to put it out there other than to sell it. No, I dont expect a rocky hillside playset, but Im seeing a skystriker whose mold is no longer available, plastered prominently in new packaging with re-issued aircraft. If Im wrong, then no big deal, but dont you find it the least bit odd that they are putting out a picture of an aircraft they no longer have a decent, functioning mold of? Sure, its a long shot, but I like to think someone at Hasbro is pushing for the skystriker.

SgtMajor
08-25-2008, 12:24 PM
the Joe team at Hasbro, which are admitted Joe fans and are obviously versed in the history of G.I. Joe -- evident by the fact that that ere redoing the RAH line -- of course know the Skystriker is part of the Joe-verse. that is hardly a revelation.

Didnt say it was a revelation, just saying they are putting out a picture of a vehicle they no longer have a working mold of.

the vehicle and figure sets have come with numerous images of vehicles and characters, that doesn't mean Hasbro intends on making them. the Awe Striker comes with a rocky terrain backdrop with explosions, that doesn't mean we are getting a playset of it. the CG sets come with them invading a base, that doesn't mean they are making the headquarters.

Doesnt mean they arent making them either. Hasbro vehemently denied the BMF and AT TE as well.

of course it couldn't be another option, like they simply know the relevance of the vehicle and are including it just because it's a nice homage to the vehicle. because they aren't making it they have to forget about it entirely? I don't think so. as you "revealed" to us, Hasbro knows the significance of the vehicle to the Joe-verse, knows the line is primarily supported by older fans, so they could just be appeasing us with exciting backdrops with vehicles and figures we like.

If Hasbro KNOWS the signifigance of the vehicle then I dont see the problem in entertaining the idea that it could possibly be on the table to be made. Appeassing us with exciting backdrops? Are you kidding? I understand the reasoning behind dynamic packaging, its to grab attention and possibly advertise for future product. I dont think any fans here love exciting backdrops when they could possibly have the toy that is the backbone line when it started.

no, there could be numerous reasons, as I explained above, why they are doing it, and it doesn't necessarily have to do with marketing reasons, just as if the Skystriker does eventually get released it may not have any correlation to the fact that they put it on the box art. if you are determined to do so, you can connect random, unconnected dots to make any picture you want, that doesn't mean the dots are arranged purposefully to make that picture

It doesnt necessarily contradict anything Ive said either. If the 3 3/4 line is so fan driven then Hasbro is probably thinking over its options and deciding on another investment in tooling and production. It may not have any correlation and yet then again it may, I dont know and neither do you, guess its a wait and see scenario. I dont see any harm in considering the possibility of the skystriker being made. If it doesnt get made then it doesnt, no need to rub the noses of many a Joe fan in it that they will never see the skystriker on the shelves again just with an appeasing backdrop.

Gulfster
08-25-2008, 12:27 PM
I would love to get a skystriker.I just try not to get too optimistic when it comes to HAsbro putting stuff out.That way if they do release something I like ,then it's exciting.If I'm hoping for something too much and they don't release it I won't feel let down.Deep down I would love all Joe stuff re-released but I know it most likely will never happen.At least we are getting Joe stuff regardless.

gunslingercbr
08-25-2008, 12:59 PM
It may not have any correlation and yet then again it may, I dont know and neither do you, guess its a wait and see scenario. I dont see any harm in considering the possibility of the skystriker being made. If it doesnt get made then it doesnt, no need to rub the noses of many a Joe fan in it that they will never see the skystriker on the shelves again just with an appeasing backdrop.
alot of fans aren't emotionally tied to getting everything redone, so having a picture of the Skystriker is in no way rubbing their nose in anything. do you honestly believe you are a victim in a scenario like this, because that is the only way you could feel that Hasbro is rubbing your nose in anything. that is such a ludicrous statement to make.

absolutely the Skystriker is probably being considered, I would never doubt that. I am disputing the correlation you are attempting to make, that a barley decent painting of the Skystriker in a backdrop of a packaging probably has less to do with simply trying to create an exciting backdrop to make the packaged toy dynamic, just like the painting of a base or a exterior terrain, and more to do with marketing research. if it was a marketing function, they would need to more valid means to gather and interpret the data than just discourse on a message board. marketing research isn't complicated, I've done plenty of it, and this drawing hardly fits in that realm.

to come to your conclusion, you have to ignore all the other factors that equate to your argument that dispute it. you are entitled to your opinion, but you are presenting a position that is open to be disputed. everything could be a "maybe" or "possibly" answer, but than what would be the point of discussing anything if that was the case. every thread would just be "Do you think that we may get a 25th figure of Effects?" "maybe." "it's possible." "hooray."

I'm disputing your correlation. that's all. I don't think it's logical. although it may be "possible." but for your position to have any meaning, you would have to have a timeframe for the release of a Skystriker to be tied to the painting. by your argument, if a Skystriker is released in 4 years, you could tie it back to it's inclusion on this painting, but that just wouldn't be logical. so, how long do you think is a reasonable period of time between now and a release of a Skystriker to see if your argument is valid or not?

Tracker
08-25-2008, 01:01 PM
So dose anyone think Hasbro not making the XP-14F Skystriker has anything to do with the retirement of the F-14 Tomcat.

RolandofGilead
08-25-2008, 02:02 PM
YOJOE.COM | Combat Jet Skystriker [XP-14F] (http://www.yojoe.com/vehicles/83/skystriker/)

1983 = $14.95

2008 = $100.00 +

$14.95!? My mom made me sweat and struggle with chores for two months over $14.95? I think there's going to be a reckoning...

Outbackk
08-25-2008, 02:07 PM
$14.95!? My mom made me sweat and struggle with chores for two months over $14.95? I think there's going to be a reckoning...

that's funny.

Tunnel Rat
08-25-2008, 02:11 PM
Try more like 250-300% increase depending on the product (figure (250% or vehicle (300%)).

wild weasel i ment to type in 220-230 % it was a type O. But even at 300 % of 15 thats still only around 50 bucks

SgtMajor
08-25-2008, 02:48 PM
"alot of fans aren't emotionally tied to getting everything redone, so having a picture of the Skystriker is in no way rubbing their nose in anything. do you honestly believe you are a victim in a scenario like this, because that is the only way you could feel that Hasbro is rubbing your nose in anything. that is such a ludicrous statement to make."

Maybe not the best choice of words, I like Hasbro and I think there is a reason/reasons behind said artwork.

Im not calling myself a victim at all, Im just a fan, not anyone other than a consumer to Hasbro. I think Hasbro wouldnt have put the skystriker on there unless they wanted to stir interest-that's all. Is it commemorative..sure, does it make any sense to ME? No, I dont understand why someone at Hasbro would put artwork of a jet that clearly is not available. Commemorative or not, it doesnt make sense to me, clearly any other vehicle that is currently being redone could have gone on that background. The point of this thread was to point out the skystriker is on the new packaging for both jets. I had yet to read anyone else stating this, hence I thought it would be an interesting thread.

For $14.95, your mom sure got her money's worth Rolando. Talk about finding someone's motivation.

I aint here to argue, Im here to have some fun and enjoy the threads.

WildWeasel
08-25-2008, 03:19 PM
wild weasel i ment to type in 220-230 % it was a type O. But even at 300 % of 15 thats still only around 50 bucks

Was going to say, I'd love to dream of a prices like that! ;)

Gulfster
08-25-2008, 05:08 PM
If I was to guess a price if they released a skystriker I would say around 50-60 bucks,but what do I know.

Shin Densetsu
08-27-2008, 03:10 AM
$100 isnt far off. Look at the new star wars vehicles. $100 & $150.

I would say a $100 price tag (or close to it) is highly possible
No, those are far off prices, the vehicles you compared to double as playsets and have much more gimmicks, especially electonics, weigh more, and are physically bigger. The original Skystriker was not all that big, and the last gijoe plane made was the Thunderwing in 04, and that sucker, with gimmicks and electronics, was only $35. So yes, $100 is way too far off, and $40 is about right, give or take.
so, how long do you think is a reasonable period of time between now and a release of a Skystriker to see if your argument is valid or not?
Spring/summer next year
So dose anyone think Hasbro not making the XP-14F Skystriker has anything to do with the retirement of the F-14 Tomcat.
It doesn't, at all. The same fans who say this love the anniversary line, even though some of the figures come with outdated WW2 guns, and the uniforms are classic, not modernized/updated at all. For example, you had fans begging for the old H.I.S.S., rather than a completely new one, updated. There is demand for Wild Bill's Dragonfly. You have a bunch of fans, including myself, that still want a Night Raven and Tomahawk. The Tomahawk was derived from a vietnam era helicopter, and the SR-71 that the Raven is derived from has long been retired, even before the Tomcat. The status of the vehicles that the joe vehicles are derived from have nothing to do with what fans want now, and what Hasbro wants to do. If that were the case, even with figures, everyone would had an updated uniform, but no fans would bitch about it, and say its not classic. Look at the movie threads and there is your example.

TheSabOteuR
08-27-2008, 04:22 AM
Has anyone ever seen hasbro make an artwork of g.i.joe with something in it and it never came out? I mean all my life starting as a child playing with toys to an adult collecting moc/misb rah and 25th line have personally never seen hasbro make an artwork with figures or vehicles in it that has never been released. I remember seeing something on artwork and it always has been released. Not trying to imply something or anything but expressing my opinion and personal experiences.

DPrime
08-27-2008, 09:16 AM
The Skystriker isn't as big as people think, and I don't think they'll add shooting missiles or anything like that (so far they haven't with other vehicles, thank goodness!). I say $40-50 range is quite possible. We might not get a figure with it but frankly who cares?

Nah, they don't care about that. As gunslingercbr pointed out, the fans want original RAH designs and Hasbro knows this, and your average kid on the street (or adult even) wouldn't even know the Tomcat had been retired. It doesn't exactly look old-fashioned or anything.

JackStatic
08-27-2008, 05:39 PM
Im almost certain that the skystriker being released or not has absolutely NOTHING to do with its image being in the artwork. Just look at all the artwork and images that appeared on the back of the 5 packs... is hasbro going to have comic 2 packs for all the comics they showed on it? the flagg and terrordrome are also on that box, as well as the space shuttle... by ur logic hasbro IS going to release those. No, not at all, its just a picture, homage, nothing more. If these items get released it is completely unrelated. Besides, hasbro hired an artist to draw this backdrop. most artists when commisioned to do this kind of work have very little to go off from the people hiring them, and show what they know about the line skystriker being one of the more famous and recognized joe planes, it makes sense that itd be drawn

Octane
08-27-2008, 09:52 PM
The Skystriker isn't as big as people think, and I don't think they'll add shooting missiles or anything like that (so far they haven't with other vehicles, thank goodness!). I say $40-50 range is quite possible. We might not get a figure with it but frankly who cares?

Nah, they don't care about that. As gunslingercbr pointed out, the fans want original RAH designs and Hasbro knows this, and your average kid on the street (or adult even) wouldn't even know the Tomcat had been retired. It doesn't exactly look old-fashioned or anything.

I feel obligated to chime in on a few issues.

I thought I read somewhere that it was stated that since the F-14 was retired, theywould not be making a Skystriker.

By looking at those boxes, they backround reminded me of the old four connecting puzzles from 1985?

I had a Skystriker body not too long ago, and I do not think professional toy engineers couldn't retrocast it.

Despite it being about 50% underscaled, I think it would still allow 2 seated figures.
I agree shooting missiles suck mostly because the missiles were too damn long.
I also agree that some of the mechanics could be do without. I always hated how the wheels were down in extended/flight mode, yet were up in afterburner/parked mode. WTF(

Agent-GHQ
08-27-2008, 10:08 PM
I thought I read somewhere that it was stated that since the F-14 was retired, theywould not be making a Skystriker.(

No! I inquired about the Skystriker at the San Diego Comic Con and Hasbro's sculptor says that they would love to make one. As we already know, the molds were damaged and one can not be produced.

I think Hasbro knows this as much as we do how highly souht after and iconic the Skystriker is. That said, I have no reason to believe that Hasbro would not mkae one.

My prediction, maybe summer of '09 or depending on how well the movie line do as well!?

wheeljaxx
08-30-2008, 12:36 AM
buy vintage. cut the peg off the seat. there. 25th compatible skystriker.

Shin-Gouki
08-30-2008, 01:07 AM

1983 = $14.95

2008 = $100.00 +

BS!!

YOJOE.COM | Cobra Rattler [Ground Attack Jet] (http://www.yojoe.com/vehicles/84/rattler/)

1984 = $9.90

2008 = $24.99

YOJOE.COM | Conquest X-30 (http://www.yojoe.com/vehicles/86/conquest/)

1986 = $9.99

2008 = $24.99

Gung.Heaux
08-30-2008, 01:08 AM

savor it pal, your alarm goes off in 10 minutes.

tuan_tran73
08-30-2008, 04:04 AM
Hasbro please bring back SkyStriker

MAJOR WOLF
08-30-2008, 04:15 AM
Hasbro please bring back SkyStriker

Pretty Please....:D

orl1979
08-30-2008, 10:11 PM
I agree with gunslingercbr, but the rocky terrain and headquarters in the box art were never produced. Skystriker, Moray, etc. were, so there's a chance they could be made.
I don't think the box art, however, should be viewed as a crystal ball for future products.

spacemonkeymafia
08-30-2008, 10:21 PM
You know I agree....I dont collect the large vehicles so no conquest or Rattler for me

BUT

If they release on of these BADBOYS I would be all over it.....This is just one of those you just HAVE/NEED to own one.........Ahhhhhhh....

And Ace is soooooooooooo lonely.....

mister_e
08-31-2008, 11:24 AM
BS!!

YOJOE.COM | Cobra Rattler [Ground Attack Jet] (http://www.yojoe.com/vehicles/84/rattler/)

1984 = $9.90

2008 = $24.99

YOJOE.COM | Conquest X-30 (http://www.yojoe.com/vehicles/86/conquest/)

1986 = $9.99

2008 = $24.99

Just to play Devil's advocate - the Rattler and Conquest are slightly retooled re-releases of an existing mold. For use to get a new Sky Striker, Hasbro would have to create new molds which would certainly cost more than the re-release of an existing mold.

That being said, I think $100 is still to high. This is purely conjecture, but I suspect that Hasbro would rather not release the Sky Stiker at all if they couldn't keep the MSRP under $40-50

Cole3388
08-31-2008, 11:43 AM
I believe that this is stock photography. Although, I hope they bring it back.

evlgtr
08-31-2008, 10:17 PM
I'd say if The Rattler & Conquest sell very well,the chances of a Skystriker gettting produced will rise.

We all know it can be done,but will be expensive to make so they need to know 100% that it will sell...and the only way they can be sure it will would be positive sales figures on all the other vehicles they make.

For now,chances are probably 50/50.

As for the Flagg...as much as i'd love it to be re-released,I dont see it happening simply due to the size.

Shin-Gouki
08-31-2008, 10:28 PM
Just to play Devil's advocate - the Rattler and Conquest are slightly retooled re-releases of an existing mold. For use to get a new Sky Striker, Hasbro would have to create new molds which would certainly cost more than the re-release of an existing mold.

That being said, I think $100 is still to high. This is purely conjecture, but I suspect that Hasbro would rather not release the Sky Stiker at all if they couldn't keep the MSRP under $40-50

40 TOPS! Consider the new molds made for Star Wars and the cost of them. Also consider we are getting a new mold Water Moccasin for $15

Shin Densetsu
09-04-2008, 04:37 PM
BS!!

YOJOE.COM | Cobra Rattler [Ground Attack Jet]

1984 = $9.90

2008 = $24.99

YOJOE.COM | Conquest X-30

1986 = $9.99

2008 = $24.99
This post is so full of fucking ownage and chock full of win, Shin-Gouki rules.

gunslingercbr
09-04-2008, 04:41 PM
I believe that this is stock photography. Although, I hope they bring it back.

it's a brand new illustration. I'm not sure how you could confuse that with stock photography. it isn't as if it's some random picture of a kid taken back in 1983 playing with the Skystriker.

thunderdan19
09-05-2008, 02:06 PM
All the resources that would be needed to recreate a mold set for new Skystrikers are most likely currently tied up with any large vehicles being designed/produced for the movie line. But I think, if the 25th line holds or increases its momentum, a new Skystriker might be a possibility once the movie vehicles are all made, with Skystriker release around holiday time next year.

As far as the reverse engineering needed to create the new Skystrikers, with current technology and ingenuity, I really don't think it would be all that difficult to create a super-similar, but improved version for today. I think it could be created and even improved for an MSRP of $50. We're not talking BMF here, not even close.

Other vehicles that are absolute musts (that don't already exist or aren't at least rumors): Dragonfly, Tomahawk, Mauler, Snow Cat, Night Raven, Mamba, Wolf.

Shin-Gouki
09-05-2008, 07:18 PM
This post is so full of fucking ownage and chock full of win, Shin-Gouki rules.
Brilliant! You just became part of my sig!

theprocess
09-05-2008, 07:23 PM
Just rip the wings off a conquest and flip them around...custom sky-striker...worst case scenario.

Shin Densetsu
09-05-2008, 07:48 PM
Brilliant! You just became part of my sig!
AWESOME!!!
As far as the reverse engineering needed to create the new Skystrikers, with current technology and ingenuity, I really don't think it would be all that difficult to create a super-similar, but improved version for today. I think it could be created and even improved for an MSRP of $50. We're not talking BMF here, not even close.
Reverse engineering actually costs more than tooling up a new toy from scratch. Hasbro has done it with joe figures before, and I don't think they want to do it again.
All the resources that would be needed to recreate a mold set for new Skystrikers are most likely currently tied up with any large vehicles being designed/produced for the movie line. But I think, if the 25th line holds or increases its momentum, a new Skystriker might be a possibility once the movie vehicles are all made, with Skystriker release around holiday time next year.
Actually, I wouldn't be surprised if we saw classic vehicles in the movie line, said to be "off screen", or something like that. Hasbro did this with the Transformers movie line, and more than just a few characters that didn't even show up in the movie were made, some with all new molds. One key thing to remember is that brand recognition will reach an all time high when the movie hits. Fans will be asking, "well okay this new jet is cool, but what about the skystriker, do you remember that?....". Then hopefully we see a new F-14 based one, and the YF-23 derived Resolute version next year. Yes there is space for both, the only thing shared is the name.
Just rip the wings off a conquest and flip them around...custom sky-striker...worst case scenario.
No way man!
Other vehicles that are absolute musts (that don't already exist or aren't at least rumors): Dragonfly, Tomahawk, Mauler, Snow Cat, Night Raven, Mamba, Wolf.
Dragonfly and Snow Cat are accounted for, Hasbro used them in the last 10 years. Night Raven mold was lost in Brazil. Mauler I don't know. No clue on Snow Wolf or Mamba, man those kicked ass! A new classic based Night Raven plays a key role in the movie next year.

senorvandal
09-09-2008, 01:51 AM
Dragonfly and Snow Cat are accounted for, Hasbro used them in the last 10 years. Night Raven mold was lost in Brazil. Mauler I don't know. No clue on Snow Wolf or Mamba, man those kicked ass! A new classic based Night Raven plays a key role in the movie next year.

You're forgetting the Tomahawk! Now that's one vehicle if they re-released i would be content with not asking for more afterwards.

The Night Raven mold was a big loss though, hopefully the movie version comes close to the original with some improvements.

Shin Densetsu
09-10-2008, 04:35 PM
You're forgetting the Tomahawk! Now that's one vehicle if they re-released i would be content with not asking for more afterwards.
It is awesome and I'd love to see it, thats actually my favorite RAH helicopter. The question I was answering was where the mold was, and that mold has not been used since the 80's, so I'm not sure of its whereabouts.

Cobra-Love
09-10-2008, 05:10 PM
AWESOME!!!

Reverse engineering actually costs more than tooling up a new toy from scratch. Hasbro has done it with joe figures before, and I don't think they want to do it again.

Actually, I wouldn't be surprised if we saw classic vehicles in the movie line, said to be "off screen", or something like that. Hasbro did this with the Transformers movie line, and more than just a few characters that didn't even show up in the movie were made, some with all new molds. One key thing to remember is that brand recognition will reach an all time high when the movie hits. Fans will be asking, "well okay this new jet is cool, but what about the skystriker, do you remember that?....". Then hopefully we see a new F-14 based one, and the YF-23 derived Resolute version next year. Yes there is space for both, the only thing shared is the name.

No way man!

Night Raven's mold lost?! Noooooo!!!! That must be re-issued! Cobra Wolf, Moray, Thunder Machine, TTBP, HQ, TerrorDrome, Tomahawk as well. Does anybody have a "master list" of what molds Hasbro still has? I mean if you know that Night Raven got lost in Brazil...

artiepants
09-10-2008, 06:40 PM
Actually, I wouldn't be surprised if we saw classic vehicles in the movie line, said to be "off screen", or something like that. Hasbro did this with the Transformers movie line, and more than just a few characters that didn't even show up in the movie were made, some with all new molds. I totally could see Hasbro doing this, but i'm inclined to believe they'd use existing molds here. (i.e. Warthog, Dragonfly, Snowcat ~ other recently used, known to exist molds)

One key thing to remember is that brand recognition will reach an all time high when the movie hits. Fans will be asking, "well okay this new jet is cool, but what about the skystriker, do you remember that?....". Then hopefully we see a new F-14 based one, and the YF-23 derived Resolute version next year. Yes there is space for both, the only thing shared is the name.

i know you'd live and die for an F-14 Skytriker Shin, but that looks like an either/or proposition to me ~ i just don't see Hasbro making both. ('confusing the customers' and all that.) and if they are going to make a new mold, i see them going the F-23 (and wasn't there some rumor somewhere about an F-35) route since they could "cross-pollinate' that between the movie line and resolute line. Just MHO.

Unclassified
09-10-2008, 08:54 PM
dude i think those pics on the boxes are subliminal messages!! honestly. it hink they are tellin us secretly its comin . its all comin,

spacemonkeymafia
09-10-2008, 09:00 PM
If it does come it will be an Exclusive to Petros that you have to buy a Gallon of their nasty Chili and live 3 weeks to be able to claim it.......

Pit Viper
09-10-2008, 09:05 PM
The pictures don't mean anything. Hasbro has been doing this since the 25th line first came out.

Agent-GHQ
09-10-2008, 09:06 PM
It is subliminal!

I see the WHALE, Night Raven, Skystriker, FANG, Skyhawk, Water Mocasin, Moray, and.............. ah the FLAGG.

Confirmed: FANG, Skyyhawk, Mocassin.

And we already know Hasbro has the other molds too, except for the Skystriker!!

Unclassified
09-10-2008, 09:16 PM
It is subliminal!

I see the WHALE, Night Raven, Skystriker, FANG, Skyhawk, Water Mocasin, Moray, and.............. ah the FLAGG.

Confirmed: FANG, Skyyhawk, Mocassin.

And we already know Hasbro has the other molds too, except for the Skystriker!!

see my man see's subliminally as well. all i know is few issues back gijcc interveiwed the dude behind this 25th idea, an he said they got alot up suprises in store. . i really believe what we all see in the pics is whats gonna be comin out in the future. hey i could be wrong!

Johnnyakiba
09-10-2008, 09:17 PM
So....they don't have the MOLD? REALLY? MAN! They just need to re-do it! I was really pissed that they released the conquest before the skystriker....

I WANT SKYSTRIKERS..

Unclassified
09-10-2008, 09:49 PM
So....they don't have the MOLD? REALLY? MAN! They just need to re-do it! I was really pissed that they released the conquest before the skystriker....

I WANT SKYSTRIKERS..

i jus said that yesterday to my boy when mine came in the mail. i was like i dont even like this thing i hated this damn ugly jet you would see flint flyin. i wanted the skystriker!! thats what should of came out. at least i got my rattler. damn i loved that plane as a kid!

Agent-GHQ
09-10-2008, 10:08 PM
. i really believe what we all see in the pics is whats gonna be comin out in the future. hey i could be wrong! The facts are there and with the way things are selling and the level of demand, give me one good reason why Hasbro should bail out despite the oil, gas, foreclosures, and '09 movie??

SUNSTQRM
09-13-2008, 10:18 PM
I for one think the skystriker will be back. Its the biggest icon of the joe team from that erea. Broke mold or lost or whatever. I think we will see it in stores in the next year. I would guess the price would be around 35-45 just seeing what things have been sofar. Think of all the new molds for the 25th figures hasbro made. To think of such a conplete vintage toy line without the main toy in it is crazy. Its like reissueing the transfomers with no optimusprime. Keep the faith , keep this post going and i think we will get our skysticker. If they are 50 bucks or under i can promise hasbro i'll be getting 4 at least.

SUNSTQRM
09-13-2008, 10:25 PM
#2 ace is in the comic pack so they are already one steep ahead of the game. The target rattler came with the same figure the comic pack cam with. Here is what i really don't understand. Why is the rattler a target exc. ? It sould be everywhere . I'v already got my 6 but this sould be everywhere it is a key item for the line. Maybe thats why hasbro gave target the x30. They wanted to see how well the jets sell and save the skystiker for all stores once they retool a mold for it

coola784
09-13-2008, 10:29 PM
well i am pretty sure they had to remake the mold for the skyhawk and moccasin so i dont see why they wouldnt do it for the skystriker which is a all time favorite. i can see hasbro playing dumb like no where not making it just so we think its never going to get made and then BAM!!! just like that, we will be hearing about it on the tank, hasbro has new pictures of the upcoming skystriker!

this jet would not only be awsome for us joe collectors but if a kid seen a skystriker sitting in the store, they would be all over it. i think thats what drew in alot of us as kids was all the sweet vehicles gijoe offered. so i would think that we will see one down the road.

SUNSTQRM
09-13-2008, 10:32 PM
well i am pretty sure they had to remake the mold for the skyhawk and moccasin so i dont see why they wouldnt do it for the skystriker which is a all time favorite. i can see hasbro playing dumb like no where not making it just so we think its never going to get made and then BAM!!! just like that, we will be hearing about it on the tank, hasbro has new pictures of the upcoming skystriker!

this jet would not only be awsome for us joe collectors but if a kid seen a skystriker sitting in the store, they would be all over it. i think thats what drew in alot of us as kids was all the sweet vehicles gijoe offered. so i would think that we will see one down the road.

I agree and the way they display them in the box now instead of just a pic should really help push them

coola784
09-13-2008, 10:35 PM
I agree and the way they display them in the box now instead of just a pic should really help push them

most deffinetly, when kids see a skystriker in a window box, they will be freaking out begging there parents to buy it for them, so im sure hasbro knows that, so its deffinetly a money maker. if i had to guess what they would cost, i would say somewhere between 35-50 dollars since its not too exspensive for what your getting. so i think alot of people not just collectors would go nuts over the skystriker if they release it.

Griff
09-13-2008, 10:46 PM
i know i would love a sky striker. I would also love a Phantom X-19 and nightraven. Only i want the night raven pilot (im sure i'll catch some heat cause of this) to be the female pilot from the episode with slipstream and i want her to have a removeable helm.

SgtMajor
09-14-2008, 12:14 AM
I love the packaging, its very similar to P.T.E.-not with graphics, but you do see what you are getting, and now with the CONQUEST and the RATTLER, I would really love to see what Hasbro does for 2009 and 2010. The jets that Target picked were decent enough, if the sales are decent enough, Im more than sure there will be a demand for the coveted SKY STRIKER. Im impressed that Target took over the JLU line and what was once thought finished is now getting a whole new slate of characters. Target is well aware of the collector, even the packouts for the coveted new JLU figure 3 packs seem pretty even.2/2/2. If this philosophy holds true for GI JOE then Target would definately benefit with doing a GI JOE 25TH ANNIV. Exclusive.

As has been said, ACE has been updated and so has Slipstream, let's hope we see a SKYSTRIKER on the shelves in the future. I never really noticed all the packaging for 25th ANNIV. stuff, but it doesnt deter me from hoping. I also caught Hasbro's new GI JOE commercial and to have the SKYSTRIKER and the USS FLAGG on there definately caught my attention. Yeah, they definately know what buttons to push.

XVoodooDollX
09-14-2008, 12:18 AM
Skystriker price in 2008 = 59.99

The Batman
09-14-2008, 12:29 AM
I would pay 50.00 for a Skystriker. Only thing... PLEASE DON'T RE-ISSUE IT AS A TARGET EXCLUSIVE!! Since the beginning of this cherade, it's been a riot ever since. I just am tired of Target shenanigans!!

BHiga6181
09-14-2008, 12:38 AM
I think its probably a stock picture. Look at all the cool stuff they put on the 25th box sets that we havent seen, and probably never will.

Like What??

At least 90 to 95 percent of items shown have been released or will be coming.

I remember when people we so against the idea of all the figs on the 5 packs coming out but look at how many we actually got now.

Hasbro doesnt randomly pick items out of thin air. And Im sure there wasnt a stock photo from 25 years ago that was perfect size to pack in with the Rattler and conquest and look so perfect.

I bet we See the Moray and Skystriker as an asst later on. And if the BMF sells well, I bet a FLAGG and a TerrorDrome will see the light of day.

The Conquest has the Flagg and Skystriker and The Rattler Has the Water Moccasin and the Moray.

Tankster
09-14-2008, 01:02 AM
Hey if they do bring back the skystriker why not the raven also i like to dream to much but why not!!

Magick
09-14-2008, 01:24 AM
Well the original molds for the Skystriker were destroyed by Funskool. So unless they make new molds like they have for the Vamp, Water Moccasin and Sky Hawk.. I wouldn't expect one.. plus they have to pass a durability test of a 30 ft drop.. we all know that the Skystriker would not do well in a test like that. And we would all complain if it were made out of the same material that the Target exclusives were made from.

That is the reason why the new jets feel so cheap.. the plastic they are made from are able to withstand a fall from that hieght with minimal damage.

As for the Flagg.. they would have to remake molds for it as well. They have the molds for the flight deck, but everything else is sitting on the bottom of the ocean in the ship that was carrying them over which caught fire.. then sank.

A.V.A.C.
09-14-2008, 01:58 AM
Well the original molds for the Skystriker were destroyed by Funskool. So unless they make new molds like they have for the Vamp, Water Moccasin and Sky Hawk.. I wouldn't expect one.. plus they have to pass a durability test of a 30 ft drop.. we all know that the Skystriker would not do well in a test like that. And we would all complain if it were made out of the same material that the Target exclusives were made from.

That is the reason why the new jets feel so cheap.. the plastic they are made from are able to withstand a fall from that hieght with minimal damage.

As for the Flagg.. they would have to remake molds for it as well. They have the molds for the flight deck, but everything else is sitting on the bottom of the ocean in the ship that was carrying them over which caught fire.. then sank.

wow, that's pretty dramatic, is that true? you could make a damn good documentry about that event. i never knew that tidbit in mold history. how ironic in so many ways.

DetectiveFork
09-14-2008, 02:00 AM
Am I the only one who thinks that the prices on the Modern Era vehicles have been extremely reasonable? I would expect this stuff to cost more.

Magick
09-14-2008, 02:58 AM
It is all straight from Hasbro's mouth A.V.A.C. Funskool messed up several molds when they had them due to their cleaning techniques.. thus they ended up flawed and eventually unusable.

It wasn't until recently that hasbro made mention that they didn't have all the molds to redo a Flagg. they found that all the molds they had were only for the Flight deck.. and that the rest of the molds and molds for several other things they were unsure of at the time of the announcement either were destroyed when the ship caught fire and of course lost when it sank. they still aren't sure what all molds are missing. I believe this is the reason why we are seeing a lot of remolded vehicles. Well that and some of the older vehicles won't support the new figs. Like oh.. maybe the Rattler.. Grrr.

Mr.Sci-Fi
09-14-2008, 03:27 AM
I would love to see the flag's drop test.

I hope the skystriker makes a new appearance, I never associated any other jet as gijoe's workhorse and advesary to the waves of cobra rattlers.

Agent-GHQ
09-14-2008, 05:55 AM
I would expect this stuff to cost more. No dude! They are not complex toys nor is the material used. Its not like they added projectile weapons, rubber tires, die-cast, etc.

morbidaj
09-14-2008, 10:47 AM
mattel used vintage he-man figures to recast them for the 2001 re-release..

lkoldstone
09-14-2008, 10:56 AM
The skystriker was the joes main jet. I have the original, and it's BIG compared to the conquest and the rattler (twice as big). So, yeah, it'd cost more, probably $40-50, minimum.

BILL
09-14-2008, 11:15 AM
They leave the door open and if it really takes off around movie time they will open up the line up even more. I hope the movie does well , that would mean even more joes.

Unclassified
09-14-2008, 11:22 AM

exactly my michigan brother!

Golobulous
09-14-2008, 11:26 AM
or we could all go scuba diving for the old skystriker mold as well as the mold for the original light blue battle mask cobra commander which is also at the bottom of the ocean,

Unclassified
09-14-2008, 11:28 AM
or we could all go scuba diving for the old skystriker mold as well as the mold for the original light blue battle mask cobra commander which is also at the bottom of the ocean,

you go an i'll watch for sharks!

Whargoul44
09-14-2008, 09:31 PM
About 2-3 years ago, Hasbro said they were absolutely, 100%, not going to make a AT-TE because it was too big, heavy, expensive, no one would pay that kind of money, etc, and now they have one. I wouldn't be surprised, if like the rest of this line, they were feeling things out with the Target Jets, and if they sell well, as the rest of the line has, they just may make a new one. Also, with the way Hasbro loves to throw repaint after repaint at us, if they were to make a Sky Striker, I'm sure they'd milk it for at least a Night Boomer, and possibly more repaints, until the cost of the new mold was paid for. Either way, I'd do things that were illegal in 48 states to get a new Sky Striker.

COBRACOLLECTOR
09-14-2008, 09:40 PM

i was gonna say the same thing

jjk1120
09-14-2008, 09:45 PM
I really hope they do make it. I never had one as a kid. When I was younger, my Joe air force was the Dragonfly & 2 Skyhawks.

Here's hopin!

samjjones
09-15-2008, 12:15 PM
There's too much demand for there not to be.

I'd expect something next year for the movie launch.

Shin Densetsu
09-16-2008, 07:51 PM
I would not be surprised if the Skystriker ended up being sold in the movie line, even if it does not show up in the movie. Maybe it can fit in the same size box as the Movie Night Raven.

alcoholic ewok
09-17-2008, 11:34 AM

There is a picture of a fireman walking into the doorway with a water gun. They did make that figure.

Knifewerk
09-18-2008, 11:02 AM
i demand a skystriker. wild weasel misses the good old days of punching ace in the face and taking his ride.

they need to make an f22 also.

Alley Viper
09-18-2008, 11:56 AM
mattel used vintage he-man figures to recast them for the 2001 re-release..

I thought Mattel later admitted that was a line of BS to help with the sales, didn't they latter admitted that they had all the molds all along?

Shin Densetsu
10-03-2008, 01:48 AM
About 2-3 years ago, Hasbro said they were absolutely, 100%, not going to make a AT-TE because it was too big, heavy, expensive, no one would pay that kind of money, etc, and now they have one. I wouldn't be surprised, if like the rest of this line, they were feeling things out with the Target Jets, and if they sell well, as the rest of the line has, they just may make a new one. Also, with the way Hasbro loves to throw repaint after repaint at us, if they were to make a Sky Striker, I'm sure they'd milk it for at least a Night Boomer, and possibly more repaints, until the cost of the new mold was paid for. Either way, I'd do things that were illegal in 48 states to get a new Sky Striker.
I'd definitely go for low viz and tiger force repaints! Skystriker would look beast in tiger force camo!

spacemonkeymafia
10-03-2008, 02:23 AM
I want one so much.........

Agent-GHQ
10-03-2008, 11:40 AM
It's probably heavily being debated as we speak!?

toolrocks302
10-03-2008, 11:48 AM
All this speculation and Hasbro has told us that we are not getting one. I hope they change their minds and surprise us with a release after all.

toolrocks302
10-03-2008, 12:00 PM
I wonder if we start a petition for items like the Skystriker, Night Raven, TerrorDrome, Flagg and figures like Monkeywrench, Covergirl, Zarana, etc. if Hasbro would take notice or if it would be a waste of time. Just thinking out loud.

Sergeant Slaughter
10-03-2008, 03:08 PM
It's part of the Joeverse, so they are showing it. A nod to fans.

spacemonkeymafia
10-03-2008, 03:19 PM
I wonder if we start a petition for items like the Skystriker, Night Raven, TerrorDrome, Flagg and figures like Monkeywrench, Covergirl, Zarana, etc. if Hasbro would take notice or if it would be a waste of time. Just thinking out loud.

Your getting a Night Raven I believe with the movie or Resolute........

SgtMajor
10-07-2008, 09:25 AM
I can see one or two skystrikers on the dio inside the box as a nod, but practically every panel has skystrikers on it and only a few with the X-30 Conquest. From a marketing standpoint, that makes absolutely no sense at all. Why advertise a classic aircraft that you dont plan on putting out? Why not more Rattlers or Conquests? Refute all you want, but there is a logic to advertising. Im sure Target is enjoying seeing GI JOE classic vehicles fly off the shelf, how many AT TEs you see selling? The GI JOE line is much more stable than SW which is probably getting more of a second wind now that the cartoon is on. If the sales are good enough, I hope we see more before, during and after the GI JOE movie.

COBRACOLLECTOR
10-07-2008, 09:38 AM
im drooling 4 a Sky Striker

I really hope it gets made

Shin Densetsu
10-07-2008, 01:12 PM
The chances of us getting a Skystriker are much higher with a movie coming. I honestly don't know...it's hard to say. I'd love to see a reissue but after 6 years of waiting and with Hasbro saying the mold is unavailable in their q/a sessions....

I still hold hope but I won't expect it.

Pit Viper
10-07-2008, 01:24 PM
We iz gettings a terror dome becauze it's on the back of the box! No refuting mys logigz!

trpr5566
10-07-2008, 01:24 PM
I say that the YF-22 Raptor should be the model for a new and improved Skystriker, heck, the US regular military doesnt use the F-14 anymore why should GIJOE

Shin Densetsu
10-07-2008, 10:30 PM
I say that the YF-22 Raptor should be the model for a new and improved Skystriker, heck, the US regular military doesnt use the F-14 anymore why should GIJOE
That's like saying why make the joes in their original costumes for the anniversary line.

The joes will be using a YF-23 as the Skystriker II in G.I. Joe:Resolute. The joes did have F-22s in VVV, called the Thunderwing, which did not look that great.

toolrocks302
10-07-2008, 10:33 PM
That's like saying why make the joes in their original costumes for the anniversary line.

The joes will be using a YF-23 as the Skystriker II in G.I. Joe:Resolute. The joes did have F-22s in VVV, called the Thunderwing, which did not look that great.

I agree, I don't care if the military uses it or not we should get a Skystiker. (Why is there no way to say this without sounding like a nerd)?